AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-04-06, 16:04   Link #21
Ichinotachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
You are free dislike and/or not watch whatever you want, but there are limits how far to go. Comparing BokuBen to Nisekoi is pretty bad taste and implying it's inferior version of it is blatantly wrong.

It's certainly something you shouldn't say on first episode of any show least.
Let me fix what you said, Comparing the manga I like to Nisekoi is pretty bad taste and implying it's inferior version of it is blatantly wrong because is what I like so my subjective appreciation is the truth.

As I said before, you like this and of course you're going to dislike negative opinions about something that is nowhere near to be average in terms of quality, you understand that or you can keep trying to keep this convo going on even when I said that is a hard pass for me.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-06, 16:07   Link #22
Tenzen12

And I said I am OK with that. If you think it's terrible show , that's fine too (it's not like I am impressed with 1st episode either) . Just don't compare it with Nisekoi, because that would mean you assume complete trash writting from beginning to the end.
Old 2019-04-06, 18:06   Link #23
Chosen_Hero

Man, I only read a few chapters of the manga but is it just me or is Ritsu acting like an entirely different character? I mean, if I remember correctly in the manga she is deadpan and silent to a fault, meanwhile in the anime she is lively.
Old 2019-04-06, 22:39   Link #24
moridin84
Custom User Title

The first episode seemed rather... slow but at the same time seem to cover a lot of ground? It's kind of strange.

Sense didn't get much screentime in the OP even though she's the best girl. Maybe she doesn't have a lot of screentime in the early on? I can't remember.

Also, Fumino is coming off as such a demure and upright character...
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-06, 23:42   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-07, 05:11   Link #26
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Denpa Kyoushi vibes with some high school harem flavor thrown in, that's nice.

We're getting more girls thrown in later on then based on the ED, this is probably my first series from this season if there are no drastic changes to the plot
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-07, 08:40   Link #27
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Man, I only read a few chapters of the manga but is it just me or is Ritsu acting like an entirely different character? I mean, if I remember correctly in the manga she is deadpan and silent to a fault, meanwhile in the anime she is lively.
I wish she was more lively in the manga as well.
I forgot how small she is compared to the rest of the cast. Well, expect in certain places. xD
Old 2019-04-07, 10:41   Link #28
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I think they may be trying to get the ball rolling a bit early for Ritsu; she's really is the slow one of the bunch in terms of emotional development, to the point that if they don't make her emote more intensely earlier on she might not present much of a "threat" in terms of the harem dynamics during the course of at single season of anime. I do hope they provide more of her "adorably confused alien" vibe though.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-07, 11:01   Link #29
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
Let me fix what you said, Comparing the manga I like to Nisekoi is pretty bad taste and implying it's inferior version of it is blatantly wrong because is what I like so my subjective appreciation is the truth.

As I said before, you like this and of course you're going to dislike negative opinions about something that is nowhere near to be average in terms of quality, you understand that or you can keep trying to keep this convo going on even when I said that is a hard pass for me.
I don't know this enough to like or dislike and I'll have to side with Tenzen on this. While this was no masterpiece, I would hardly express such distaste and dismissal, especially with the very first episode. No, this is not subpar. At least not yet. It's clear you don't like it but don't go around acting like your judgment is any less subjective than those of people who like it. Each person's judgment of quality can differ and what one person considers a great work can look to others like absolute trash. Neither is wrong until they start talking in absolutes and declaring the other's judgment to be faulty or biased.

As for me, I liked it well enough. It's certainly not exceptionally high on my list, but easily likable.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-07, 11:08   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was an alright first episode. A bit more of a "let's just set this up" kind of first episode. It was kind of nice to just get into their current situation. It's pretty open to them why he needs to keep trying to help and he gets early on why this matters for them as well. And he does seem to fit as someone who has a reason not to give up and someone who can relate to those who struggle in learning something. There is some common ground.

It isn't insanely good. But it's alright thus far. Can do far worse than this for a first episode or a harem. If they keep it up then I'll probably keep watching.
Old 2019-04-07, 11:22   Link #31
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally am only ever following Bokuben because of the Onodera expy, so 'discount nisekoi' is pretty much true but a plus in my book. XD

Still don't understand why people think Fumino is 'main heroine', when she's the third girl shown and her time with the MC doesn't compare to Rizu's. :shrug:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-07, 13:22   Link #32
Lex79

Actually I consider both Fumino and Rizu main heroines.
Old 2019-04-07, 17:09   Link #33
Wandering Soul

Just looking at Ritsu gave me the impression that she was stoic harem member, but she's actually a bit more expressive than I thought she would be.
Old 2019-04-07, 19:59   Link #34
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Tan girl -> Tan, not main heroine
Megane + short + big breasts-> All of those together gives her a low chance of being winner
By elimination -> Long blue hair will win, assuming the manga ends properly, if it hasn't ended yet

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2019-04-08, 05:10   Link #35
Doe, John

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I personally am only ever following Bokuben because of the Onodera expy, so 'discount nisekoi' is pretty much true but a plus in my book. XD

Still don't understand why people think Fumino is 'main heroine', when she's the third girl shown and her time with the MC doesn't compare to Rizu's. :shrug:
Having read the mangas of both this and Nisekoi, I wouldn't really say that any of the characters are expies of Nisekoi characters.
Doe, John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-13, 19:03   Link #36
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Looks like the addition of this genki athletic girl made everything more fun.

And since when did "weap" become an english word, and that test misspelled "climate"
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-13, 19:34   Link #37
eisai_haramasukoi

I enjoyed the first episode.

I don't get the Nisekoi comparisons. It feels more like Denpa Kyoushi to me.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-13, 21:52   Link #38
moridin84
Custom User Title

Unlike Nisekoi, the initial setting isn't a romance. And it isn't the quintuples anime where they show the wedding in the first episode.

So it wouldn't surprise me if nobody "won" in the end. Just an unresolved harem ending.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-13, 22:43   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*watches episode 2*
Unless the anime is focused mainly on the archetype, tan girls don't win, teachers don't win. (Usually)
So we already know she has no hope in this contest...

Old 2019-04-14, 00:16   Link #40
Tenzen12

Well looking at author previous works it's pretty obvious Tsutsui has thing for Uruka like characters and I think it is not spoiler to say that from certain point Mafuyu Sensei dominate popularity polls.

So I think you don't need jump to conclusion.

Tags
harem