AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-14, 20:37   Link #421
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post

What I really want is an arc centered on her character and her past.
The Manga is still not finished: Wait half a year or a full one, and that sir is what the series that is hopefull entitled "Black Lagoon: Third Strike" is for.

If Madhouse does not peter out and quit on us, that is.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 22:30   Link #422
kauldron26
Med Student

once again...

anybody have any idea what the connection is seeing as EDA is a former or maybe active CIA and last season we found out that Revy was wanted or had some issues with the CIA when she was in the U.S.

Any thoughts??
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 22:37   Link #423
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
once again...

anybody have any idea what the connection is seeing as EDA is a former or maybe active CIA and last season we found out that Revy was wanted or had some issues with the CIA when she was in the U.S.

Any thoughts??
I thought Revy was wanted by the NYPD? The CIA knows of her history, and plans to use that as a bargaining chip just in case if they happen to need her services in the future. Or at least, that's what it seems like. Everything hasn't been revealed yet.

As for a 3rd season, I think it all depends on this supposedly new, alternate ending to the current arc. If, like in the manga, they leave it open for a new story, then perhaps there's a chance. I'm just hoping that it won't be that different from the original. Right now, it seems there just isn't enough content to fill up 12 episodes or more.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 23:42   Link #424
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Wasn't Fujiyama Gangsta Paradise arc quite long? I though someone mentioned whole 16 chapters.

If they can do a Nazi arc (5 chapters was it?) in 3 episodes, I don't see how they'll have trouble "stretching" 16 chapters into 6 episodes. For all we know, they'll cut stuff out to make way for the anime-original ending.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 23:49   Link #425
kujoe
from head to heel

Correction: My bad. I meant with regard to a possible 3rd season.

Moreover, in the manga Greenback Jane actually happens after the Fujiyama arc, which means there just isn't enough new material so far. At least the manga seems far from over.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 01:29   Link #426
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
benny is quite the ladies man hes gona get some! but i wont say that jane is the most attractive girl ive seen so far still likes attract
for a geek like Benny boy, ANY GIRL IS A HOT GIRL

and to that wizard guy: SCORED ;P .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Yeah, I wrote it in small font, but Balalaika's husband is Chang-San, from the Hong Kong Triad.

It makes perfect sense... well, not perfect, but as much sense as a parody of Black Lagoon will allow, if you think about it.

Have people seen all these parodies already? Otherwise I may translate the others as well.
I found it is a bit confusing to read, so I read it counter clockwise or clockwise?
and yes it is quite funny, thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
*Eagerly waits for possible panty-shots*
does she even wear one?
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 05:18   Link #427
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
does she even wear one?
well she does when she sleeps in her bed.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 11:20   Link #428
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Hm...

Second Season > First Season

Me thinks Geneon has a hit...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 12:53   Link #429
Deathbringer_37

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Wasn't Fujiyama Gangsta Paradise arc quite long? I though someone mentioned whole 16 chapters.

If they can do a Nazi arc (5 chapters was it?) in 3 episodes, I don't see how they'll have trouble "stretching" 16 chapters into 6 episodes. For all we know, they'll cut stuff out to make way for the anime-original ending.
Yeah, i´m worried about that too, the Yakuza arc is by far the biggest one in Black Lagoon and i´m afraid they´ll do a poor adaptation on this one.

One thing out of the blue though, this recent revelation about Eda was something really unexpected, it does seem to be a prelude of a pretty interesting story sooner or later. Because honestly, it caught me of guard. Will she be backstabbing Black Lagoon or other major force in Roanapur?

Last edited by Deathbringer_37; 2006-11-15 at 13:25.
Deathbringer_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 13:18   Link #430
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Hm...

Second Season > First Season

Me thinks Geneon has a hit...
interesting thought...
tbh i still think that the first season > second season
its because to me it seems to loosing most of the impact than when i was watching the first season...yea the tone is darker here but it just doesnt strike me more than what the first season did...
when the roberta arc went on i was completely blown away...i was constantly saying "WTF"..."how the heck!" and "OMG!" not to mention "ROFL"!!!

but so far in the second season besides the emotional scene from the twins and some fragmented laugh here and there it just doesnt seem as amazing as the first season...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 13:23   Link #431
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You really shouldn't think one season is better then another, 'cause at the end of the day - its all the same series, with just a lil' time in-between episodes 12 & 13.
Old 2006-11-15, 13:39   Link #432
Cal-Reflector

I say: The two best arcs in the series so far to be the Terminator Maid and the Psychopathic Twins. Which comes out on top depends on your preference, the first was undeniably on top in the cool action department, and the second in the dark-drama department.
Old 2006-11-15, 13:41   Link #433
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I think both seasons are roughly equivalent. I can see the POV of people who really preferred the Roberta arc, but that wasn't even my favorite part of the first season (though I did enjoy it). Each arc manages to have one or two moments that make me go just for the choreography. Throw in pretty competent storytelling and directing and I think the show has been just as good in the second season as it was in the first. Really, like Shiroth said, it doesn't even really feel like a second season at all - and not just because they continued the numbering from the first season.
I think Deacon's right, Geneon has a hit on it's hands. I can't believe someone hasn't stepped up to license the manga yet.

EDIT: My favorite two arcs (so far) have been the nazi submarine arc and then either the Roberta arc or the Greenback Jane arc - I really enjoyed the all-star lineup the Greenback Jane arc had.
Old 2006-11-15, 15:55   Link #434
Cal-Reflector

Would also like to point out: Remember the Hawaiian shirt Revi purchased Rock immediately after he joined the Lagoon company? We see what is possibly The Shirt hanging in his room in the opening seconds of episode 19.
Old 2006-11-15, 18:57   Link #435
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
We see what is possibly The Shirt hanging in his room in the opening seconds of episode 19.
Someone already mentioned it. :3
Old 2006-11-15, 21:44   Link #436
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

I just hope they don't try milking this for another two seasons... D:

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2006-11-18, 10:32   Link #437
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
BL dub......you need an Irish accent, Russian, American, Germanic, Japanese, Chinese accent.....man that is headache. However if they pull it off, it would be amazing series to behold.
Old 2006-11-18, 11:42   Link #438
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
They don't need any "accents". The seiyuu voice their characters in Japanese with no accents whatsoever (Shenhua's falsetto is just that... falsetto), so I see no reason why the American VAs should have any.

Trust me... "accents" are stupid. They sound silly and are a product of the VA's idea about what this or that person would sound like. I am Russian, but I don't speak English like Mr. Chekov from Star Trek. Neither does a Frenchman speak French like Inspector Clouseau. Not every Englishman speaks with a Cockney accent. Maybe it sounds "authentic" to Americans, but trust me... to us native speakers it sounds like a total joke.

Let them speak good, proper English and that's all.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 14:15   Link #439
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

I would say maybe just a twinge of where they are from, perhaps. Who knows. Geneon may end up telling the US counterpart to make them all have accents. :/

Old 2006-11-18, 14:46   Link #440
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Would they give Revi a typical New Yorker accent? I can't really imagine how that would sound, my mind refuses to imagine it.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, madhouse, seinen