AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-08-13, 22:48   Link #1161
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

don whats his last name. you mean don krieg??? or are u trying to say doflamingo?
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 20:02   Link #1162
Kytherno
12th Supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzo View Post
don whats his last name. you mean don krieg??? or are u trying to say doflamingo?
Yea, Don Krieg. The guy who totally owns everyone else in OP.

<sarcasm>

I'm talking bout the guy who can manipulate others.

EDIT: I'm not gonna go diggin in manga to find out about whitebeard's life support, but everything I've checked so far says Life Support.

Last edited by Kytherno; 2009-08-14 at 20:13.
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 21:55   Link #1163
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
EDIT: I'm not gonna go diggin in manga to find out about whitebeard's life support, but everything I've checked so far says Life Support.
Including the fact that he is still called the 'World's Strongest Man'?

Including the fact that he has the power to destroy the world and that his power is so great it forced the World Government to call up both the Shichibukai and the Naval HQ to deal with him and his crew?

Old 2009-08-14, 22:05   Link #1164
james0246

For future reference, this is an anime thread, so place current manga info (i.e. DF) in spoiler tags...

That being said, if Shanks can still be considered as strong as in his prime even after losing a limb, I see no reason why Whitebeard, despite his use of life support, can't be a strong as he was during his fights against Roger. Or, from a different perspective, he was already so strong that even if he is terminally ill, he is still stronger than any one person in the world.

Whatever the case may be, I find it very unlikely that Whitebeard will fall to any one person in the upcoming war. Consequently, I have no problem saying that he is the strongest in the One Piece universe.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 22:17   Link #1165
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytherno View Post
It's when a new member named Rockstar from Shank's crew goes to deliver a letter to Whitebeard from Shanks. Whitebeard is hooked up to some kind of life support and surrounded by nurses. Than Whitebeard rips up the letter, says that Shanks should just see him himself, ect, ect.

Plus, another one of Whitebeard's title is "the man closest to one piece"

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 00:15   Link #1166
Kytherno
12th Supernova

@paradox, i know he is called "The world's strongest man" and everything, but my point was, he seems so close to dieing from sickness/disease

@orangejuice, i know that. Master Mold said he isn't on life support, so i couldn't find anything that says he doesn't have life support.
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 04:53   Link #1167
heebo

All White Beard was seen using were oxygen tubes going to his nose and some nutrition/ medicine bags hooked into his blood stream.
Maybe he just likes to breathe quality air and thinks real men don't eat vegetables, so he is getting needed vitamins straight to his blood stream.
Old 2009-08-15, 07:13   Link #1168
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by heebo View Post
All White Beard was seen using were oxygen tubes going to his nose and some nutrition/ medicine bags hooked into his blood stream.
Maybe he just likes to breathe quality air and thinks real men don't eat vegetables, so he is getting needed vitamins straight to his blood stream.
Lol. I like that theory. And honestly, it's not too far off of something Oda would think of. XD
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 23:31   Link #1169
itachi29al

When push come to shove i guess id have to whitebeard. But i wouldnt ignore Dragon, i have a feeling he is goin to be very important later.
But what does it matter cause we all know Luffy is going to be strongest in the end. YEAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
Old 2009-09-11, 11:28   Link #1170
Soul-Stealer
GFX Designer™ :)
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Soul-Stealer
probably luffy is gonna be strongest -.- for the guys i think luffy all the way ~

for galz i think Boa hancock -.- and as anime is already out on it so i think its not spoiler~

i think they strongest cuz they got Kings Deposition~ dont ask me what is it just google it -.-

Anyways i think currently white beard got the high hand but hey we dont know any thin about dragon he might come and blow all up @ once?

who knowns~
Soul-Stealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 16:16   Link #1171
Jaieni

It was said quite clearly that WB is the strongest man in the world and not the strongest person. If man is limited to the human race then there might be giants/merfolk/other races stronger than him. And since no one has been labled the strongest woman yet she may end up being stronger than WB.
Jaieni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 18:52   Link #1172
palpatin

Well, how about the strongest woman in One Piece, even stronger as Whitebeard himself, is....

...Whitebeard's mother!! XD
palpatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 18:56   Link #1173
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by palpatin View Post
Well, how about the strongest woman in One Piece, even stronger as Whitebeard himself, is....

...Whitebeard's mother!! XD
I agree with this statement 100%. xD

Seriously though to be on topic...

Spoiler for Manga chapter:

So it's no doubt he's the strongest character in One Piece. Too bad his health doesn't seem to be on his side though. =/
Old 2009-09-11, 23:39   Link #1174
Soul-Stealer
*Graphic Designer

but da if you think about it haki users can stop him ! like silver's Rayleigh stopped kizaru's fruit!
and WB also has a the quake quake fruit so i think Luffy can stop him with Kings Deposition~
Old 2009-09-11, 23:51   Link #1175
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-Stealer View Post
but da if you think about it haki users can stop him ! like silver's Rayleigh stopped kizaru's fruit!
and WB also has a the quake quake fruit so i think Luffy can stop him with Kings Deposition~
It's true that Haki can suppress devil fruits, but who's not to say that Whitebeard might have Haki (possibly even King's Disposition) as well? He'd be quite the force to reckon with if that's the case. He could emit enough Haki to nullify his opponent's devil fruit ablities as well.

Heck if you even remember back to when Shanks met with Whitebeard and they clashed, the sky splitting above them was probably a result of the combined force of both their Haki.

Spoiler for Manga chapter:

As far as I'm concerned, Whitebeard is currently the strongest man in the One Piece world, both in physical might and military strength.

I'm sure the only thing that'll bring him to his end is his own bad health.
Old 2009-09-12, 00:28   Link #1176
orangejuicetang

Since when can Haki suppress devil fruit powers? Only being submerged in water, seastone, and blackbeard's power can suppress devil fruit powers, and among those three only blackbeard's power can be counted as complete nullification. So far, Haki in relation to devil fruit powers has only been shown to be able to physically damage a logia user when the logia user is in their element form. Suppressing their devil fruit would mean instead that the logia user would be forcefully reverted back into their normal state. If that was the case, the light sword that Kizuru used wouldn't have done a damn thing, as it would have dissipated into light the moment it came in contact with Rayleigh.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 00:40   Link #1177
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Since when can Haki suppress devil fruit powers? Only being submerged in water, seastone, and blackbeard's power can suppress devil fruit powers, and among those three only blackbeard's power can be counted as complete nullification. So far, Haki in relation to devil fruit powers has only been shown to be able to physically damage a logia user when the logia user is in their element form. Suppressing their devil fruit would mean instead that the logia user would be forcefully reverted back into their normal state. If that was the case, the light sword that Kizuru used wouldn't have done a damn thing, as it would have dissipated into light the moment it came in contact with Rayleigh.
Being able to strike a Logia user with Haki IS a form of suppression upon the abilities of the user. It's not a downright nullification, but it apparently weakens the power of the fruit enough that the Logia user can feel pain even when in a elemental state. (Or the force of the Haki is already too strong for the devil fruit to handle.)

There is no proof on what Haki could do to Paramecia or Zoan types yet, but I'm sure there's something.

And if there isn't, I apoligize in advance for everything I just said.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2009-09-12 at 00:50.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 00:41   Link #1178
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Don't they pretty much out and out say in his introduction text that White Beard is the strongest man in the world?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 03:40   Link #1179
Big Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Don't they pretty much out and out say in his introduction text that White Beard is the strongest man in the world?
Yeah i could put up a great argument if that wasn't in there.

Damn you ODA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: When luffy got hit by the gorgon sisters when they were using haki he said it hurt and blunt attacks don't hurt him normally, it was pretty obviously hinting at haki.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-12, 03:44   Link #1180
Soul-Stealer
*Graphic Designer

i agree with you about WB having haki silver but i think he wont have the Kings Deposition! i mean its just too much ~ Current situation i am starting to agree that WB is strongest. Dunno about later because we dont even know the other 2 Ruler's of the sea! Right? i mean we dont know anything about them. Just shanks and WB are shown having power beyond imagination we can't tell about the other 2. Probably they will also have some awesome power because without power they wont be called the other 2 kings of the sea~