AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-03, 18:22   Link #201
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antigone View Post
ufotable doing the work here has me skeptical, because Kara no Kyoukai has been a major disappointment. (especially the epilogue)
Would you mind elaborating on this? What exactly did you dislike about Rakkyo? The animation? The music? The actual adaptation?

I find it hard to believe anyone would try to say Rakkyo is an example of poor animation because quite a lot of sakuga fans consider it to be one of the best things from the last couple of years and one example of really good sakuga anime. The music, well, this will evidently boil down to preference in one way or another, so I'm not going to dwelve into this any further. As for the adaptation? Having read the books and watched it, I don't see how exactly you could've hoped for a better adaptation of the original material.

Now, I've said this once in this thread and I think I'll repeat it, I think it's completely fine if you dislike Rakkyo for what it is. Just don't pin the blame to ufotable, who did a fantastic job producing a very faithful adaptation of what is a good story.

That said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by antigone
Anyway, I wanted Bones/Bee Train to be doing this (KnK and Fate/Zero) , but it just wasn't meant to be.
I'm not even sure why I waste my time replying to your posts anymore, since your intent is clearly "trolling". Quite seriously, each and every one of them has been some sort of derrogative comment towards a show which most people like.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2011-02-03 at 18:51.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 05:14   Link #202
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
the voice acting is not even the best the VAs had to offer. Especially disappointed with Maaya's performance.
What? Maaya Sakamoto went all out into that role in the epilogue.

But yeah, this really isn't the thread for such a conversation.
Old 2011-02-04, 05:16   Link #203
ZODDGUTS

Bee Train seriously? Their animation is far from top tier animation.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 05:39   Link #204
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Would you mind elaborating on this? What exactly did you dislike about Rakkyo? The animation? The music? The actual adaptation?

I find it hard to believe anyone would try to say Rakkyo is an example of poor animation because quite a lot of sakuga fans consider it to be one of the best things from the last couple of years and one example of really good sakuga anime. The music, well, this will evidently boil down to preference in one way or another, so I'm not going to dwelve into this any further. As for the adaptation? Having read the books and watched it, I don't see how exactly you could've hoped for a better adaptation of the original material.
Ummm...

Well... it is still undeniably true that there were some significant adaptation decay from the original novel, though. It's not Deens level of extreme faggotry, but there still was some decay in story flow and characterisation.
Old 2011-02-04, 09:06   Link #205
antigone

>he's in disagreement with the majority, he must be a troll!

excellent logic there, people.

also, what applejuice said. Thinking about it, not that the source material was spectacular at all.

Too bad majority here just ride on the Bee Train hate bandwagon just because it's the cool thing to do. They are capable of good animation and music, I think they could have done a better job with some of their later titles, but .hack and Phantom are all excellent shows.

And i'll find all this Bee Train bashing even more funny when Hyouge Mono becomes the best show its airing season.

And Maaya Sakamoto is better off singing. I would have preferred Ami Koshimizu as Shiki, but blame ufotrain on the casting.
antigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 09:20   Link #206
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So...can you elaborate on your points then?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 09:26   Link #207
antigone

what more do i have to elaborate?

the voice acting? the final part was cheesy. in general, there's not just much life in MAaya's acting.

the animation? dry. Windy Tales (though not by bones) and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood's animation flows more freely. Art? Now that is a matter of taste. KnK's art was just not my thing

What else?

the actual adaptation? tsukihime has better flow in general and that is Nasu's best work yet.
Old 2011-02-04, 09:28   Link #208
maximilianjenus
[E]

Rather, coudl you take this someplace else ?

Real men who are doing their jobs cutting down trees and hunting whales while checking the animesuki forum to see when will fate zero air get annoyed at this silly conversation.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 09:50   Link #209
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Too bad majority here just ride on the Bee Train hate bandwagon just because it's the cool thing to do. They are capable of good animation and music, I think they could have done a better job with some of their later titles, but .hack and Phantom are all excellent shows.
Beetrain hasn't done good animation since...Medarot? I don't think I remember any Beetrain show which had good animation in the first place, aside from that one (and Popolocrois), and that's because all sorts of famous gengaman worked on it, such as Imaishi and Toshiyuki Inoue. As for everything else (and recent stuff in particular), at most you could say it doesn't look bad, but that's clearly because Beetrain shows in general have been high on the still shots and pans. It's almost like a signature of every new show produced by that studio, even more so if it's directed by Mashimo.

That said, I have nothing against the studio itself, and discussing animation based solely on the studio's name is generally a bad idea. Mostly everyone dislikes DEEN, but Dragon Crisis! is one of the best animated shows from this season, and that's because it has a very competent sakukan on it called Masashi Ishihama, who also worked on Read or Die and Tokikake, for instance. In the end, unless we're talking about Kyoto Animation, who's always using in-house staff for their shows, animation as a whole will be majorly dependant on which gengaman are working on the show.

Quote:
>he's in disagreement with the majority, he must be a troll!

excellent logic there, people.
I wouldn't mind one bit if you were in disagreement with other people as long as your posts, in general, had any sort of content to them. I think it's fine to voice your (negative) opinion on something, as long as you can back up your claims with any sort of argument. I'm sorry, but going into threads and saying "this sucks, this is bad and this is poor" isn't adding anything noteworthy to the conversation, and even if your original intent wasn't trolling, that's what people are going to believe it is. Plus, if you really want to be taken seriously by most members, maybe writing things in a way which won't seem rude to others is a good start.

Quote:
And Maaya Sakamoto is better off singing. I would have preferred Ami Koshimizu as Shiki, but blame ufotrain on the casting.
Funny, I myself always preferred Maya as a seiyuu than a singer. I never really clicked with her singing voice, and usually don't feel anything towards her songs. The exception would be Hemisphere, I guess. Oh well, to each his own!

Quote:
the animation? dry. Windy Tales (though not by bones) and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood's animation flows more freely. Art? Now that is a matter of taste. KnK's art was just not my thing
I'm a tremendous fan of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, but calling Kara no Kyoukai's animation 'dry' is just trying to find something bad where it doesn't exist. I've said it once and I'll say it again, but Kara no Kyoukai is highly regarded by japanese sakuga fans and is considered a great example of how to make a good sakuga anime. I'm not saying FMA:B is bad, far from it, since it was the most impressive thing from 2010 by a long shot in this regard. Still, Rakkyo is full of really good animation, with some of the coolest action scenes out there. One example of it is the Shiki vs Zombies fight in the 5th movie, which, aside from looking awesome and having tons of really well animated movements, has another fun factor to it: all of it consisted of keyframes only, no in-between animation was added to it because of how good it looked. The guy who did it started working on it from storyboard stage and most likely produced that minute or so worth of animation by himself. The rest of the staff was probably worrying that adding douga might ruin the flow of the whole thing, so in the end they just left it untouched.

Oh well, this will be my last post here regarding this matter, because despite being related to ufotable as a whole - who is the studio in charge of F/Z -, it's still not related to the actual show. If you, antigone, want to discuss this any further, feel free to PM me or leave a message on my profile.

Last edited by Blue-kun; 2011-02-04 at 15:06.
Blue-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 10:13   Link #210
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
what more do i have to elaborate?

the voice acting? the final part was cheesy. in general, there's not just much life in MAaya's acting.

What else?

the actual adaptation? tsukihime has better flow in general and that is Nasu's best work yet.
I'm no expert. I can't comment on voice acting nor animation (personally I didn't have problem), and as for the art the only anime I've seen that compares to it is 5 Centimeters Per Second. But do you seriously believe that Tsukihime was a better adaptation there is a Tsukihime anime?

Last edited by Haak; 2011-02-04 at 10:21. Reason: fixed for accuracy
Old 2011-02-04, 10:17   Link #211
ZODDGUTS

Wait there was a Tsukihime anime? But seriously that adaptation was mediocre. Really hope there an anime remake around when the Game remake comes out.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 10:39   Link #212
antigone

what i meant was that Tsukihime was a better source material than Kara no Kyoukai.

the tsukihime anime itself was horribad
Old 2011-02-04, 10:54   Link #213
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Can't say since I've only read Mirai Fuukin so I can't comment on whether Tsukihime is better or not, literary-wise. Story-wise, I personally likerf Kara no Kyoukai more, since I find Ryougi Shiki far more interesting than Tohno Shiki. For Tohno he seems to just have this infinitely powerful split personaility and it just seems so convenient to me. On the other hand Ryougi Shiki's split personality is an actual problem that's given a whole chapter of development. There are other things that I like more but I think that's one of the major reasons.
Old 2011-02-04, 11:13   Link #214
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Please stay on topic folks. This is a general thread for the Fate/Zero anime. If you want to go into details about other shows please do so in the corresponding threads.
Old 2011-02-07, 01:16   Link #215
jzmagic
flargansbog

I really wish they'd do a Fate/Stay Night sequel.

I'm not a huge fan of prequels in general because they're backwards looking. Nonetheless, more Saber is pure win, especially in a suit.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 07:26   Link #216
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Isn't Fate/Zero something like a retcon—sequel?
Old 2011-02-07, 07:40   Link #217
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Isn't Fate/Zero something like a retcon—sequel?
It's the prequel actually. It details the story of the previous Holy Grail War.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 07:47   Link #218
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
It's the prequel actually. It details the story of the previous Holy Grail War.
Oh, so then no wussy main character… or any of the old characters? Aside from the servants, Saber, Lancer, etc.
Old 2011-02-07, 07:55   Link #219
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Oh, so then no wussy main character… or any of the old characters? Aside from the servants, Saber, Lancer, etc.
Only some of the servants are still present (Saber, Gilgamesh). The main character I believe is Shirou's father.

And yeah, no Shirou in this one (But hey, Shirou may be dense at times, but he certainly has his GAR moments, specifically in the VN, the anime by DEEN was FAIL though).

Also, the tone of fate/zero will be significantly more dark.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-07, 10:18   Link #220
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Only some of the servants are still present (Saber, Gilgamesh). The main character I believe is Shirou's father.
Don't forget about Kotomine. There are other characters from the VN, but it's only those four from the failed anime.

Quote:
And yeah, no Shirou in this one (But hey, Shirou may be dense at times, but he certainly has his GAR moments, specifically in the VN, the anime by DEEN was FAIL though).
Yeah, I would call Shirou dense, not a wuss. Even in the anime, we wasn't a wuss. A wuss wouldn't get cleaved by a giant rock sword to save a girl, he'd run away to the dead end.

Quote:
Also, the tone of fate/zero will be significantly more dark.
That is one thing I am not looking forward to. But, it will still be awesome.

Tags
fate/stay night, nasu, ufotable, urobuchi gen, visual novel adaptation