AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2012-03-17, 18:12   Link #81
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji01 View Post
I don't know about acchan being a great actress ....
All the movies and tv drama series that she was featured in have been huuuuge flops.
Jansen ability to cat is one thing, but her ability to make people want to watch the stuff she is in is totally lacking right now.
I like the girl, but sometimes you just have to accept the fact that she isn't that popular amongst people that aren't into AKB.
And the sad thing is I don't even think its acchan fault that she does to gain much popularity.
I think it's the agent and her surroundings that are bringing her down.
I didn't say she a great actress, but I think she is pretty good.

At her current stage, she isn't a lead actress type but a damn good supporting actress capable being as #2 or 3 roles and really acting skill-wise, I can only list maybe 5 actress who are better then her as far as under 25 actress go and all of them are closer to 25 instead of being at 20 turning 21.

Even Maki Horikita had her flop at 20 with Teppan Shoujo Akane!!.

Besides other than Hana-Kimi 2011, she really didn't have other "flops" as you said.

Moshidora movie didn't do as well as expected in box office but it still got respectable box-office number.

She out-staged the main character (can't even remember her name now)in Shiori&Shimako and that late night drama was pretty popular when it aired.

Majisuka Gakuen, Sakura kara no Tegami, and Densen Uta are basically AKB products that can be ignore since they are stuff direct at fans. Personally I do find both Majisuka Gakuen and Sakura kara no Tegami to be nice little guilty pleasure type production. Majisuka Gakuen was even popular enough to warrant a 2nd season.

Her appearance in the year NHK taiga dram Ryoma Den was mostly a positive one and well received. The drama is also the top drama that year.

Q10 got an decent rating for idol drama and again her acting in that was well received and praised.

That leave the her newest, currently airing Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata~Ending Planner~. The rating again, while not spectacular is respectable hover around 3-6 place for this season's drama. As far in the drama itself, her perforce is well received in the #2 female role and IMO, better than the lead female Eikura Nana.

Other than that the only other drama she was in with more than a passing role is Taiyo to Umi no Kyoshitsu in 2008 and that was one of the top idol drama that year (and one of my favorite high-school drama of all time) as well that was partially responsible for Yoshitaka Yuriko's breakthrough.

But I do agree with you that her popularity from AKB and as idol is somewhat hindering her acting career mainly the Hana-Kimi from last year.

But really, other that one mishap, her acting career has being more than solid and she had more often out-stage her fellow actress in them than not.

One thing I am happy is reading an article translated on a Chinese forum not too long ago on the new drama. She was ask if she's looking for a lead role for next drama? Meada mentioned that she is not looking for leading role in drama for this year and more interesting getting supporting roles where she can steal techniques from other actor/actress and stress that at this time she is not ready of lead role.

If that is true, at least she knows her current ability and what she needs to do.

As for the Puccho CM, I don't really care that much. It's not like it's anything new. Hell, most AKB fans I know has this Yuri-image of AKB48 which they have always being using to further their appeal for past 6 years. Hell, AKB's core image is basically this fantasy all girl's school as far as intra-group relations goes.

As for Akimoto, I don't know. I don't think what he did recently is anything different than what he's been doing. He always does something every 3-4 month just do make news for AKB.

Heck, I still remember in their early years, in order to boost CD sales, he held a drawing for the purchaser of first-press copies and the reword is that 300 lucky buyers got to go to an bus trip to amusement park with the current members. Obviously that's something that he won't be able to repeat.

But the thing is he always give what fans wanted to see and that CM is just part of it.

I just mad that we don't get to see the "official" pair of Aachan X Takamina or Yukirin X Mayuyu.
Old 2012-03-19, 10:53   Link #82
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Here's the behind the scenes video of that commercial.

Old 2012-03-22, 11:07   Link #83
sa547
*Author

Commentary: Man, what is with some high-brow "traditionalist" critics/pundits who feel that this girl band is a threat to Japanese culture? Probably in the same way those closed-minded people back then looked at, say, NKOTB or Spice Girls, and conclude that it's "commercialized trash" a threat to Western culture.

*shakes head*

Do those hipsters dictate what I'm supposed to watch or listen? Hah! I've been through the entire spectrum of music for years, simply happy with it, and they ain't gonna stop me from putting my money on Mayuyu ('cause she reminds me much of Geri Halliwell back in her day -- I like twintails).

OBTW, NSFW?
Spoiler for She promised, but...:

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-22 at 21:22.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 14:48   Link #84
Undertaker

Where did that come from?

Obviously those "traditionalists" don't know what they are talking about. While AKB48 is the most successful "female" idols to date (there is always SMAP, Arashi, and Exile on male side), they are not the first one and they won't be the last. The whole idol industry can even be trace back to 70s as well and have impacted the culture even back than.

Anyway, that picture is awesome. If I remember, it is from one of AKB's variety shows, AKBingo. It was an episode inspired by last years summer drama Rebound that had Takamina, Tomochin, Mii-chan, Mariko, and Kojiharu dressed up in sumo suit in a series of competitive games.

There the screenshot from that episode:

Spoiler for AKBingo:
Old 2012-03-22, 21:25   Link #85
sa547
*Author

^
LOL, it made sense, as at first I wonder why they looked pudgy. The pic came from the 'Hive, which in turn, came from Mariko's Twitter (nearly a million followers). Talk about pwnage.

Almost OT: As for my commentary, it's about the "traditional" Japanophile bloggers who are very critical about the so-called "Cool Japan" promo being pushed by the government (I think you know some of these pundits). The blogs were good in explaining some obscure facets of Japanese culture (both classical and modern) with full analysis and scholarly length, but on the subject of AKB, they start picking on it, thus alienating a portion of their reading audience. If they want true credo, they have to be open-minded.

OBTW, the 0048 thread just got updated, including the new splash page for the official site.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-22 at 21:49.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 12:16   Link #86
Undertaker

Thanks on the update.

But really, those bloggers are like western ACG fans that only knows about anime from late 90s and a few 80s classics and then go ahead in proclaiming they are die-hard traditional fans and blames everything they don't like in current industry on Otaku and not realizes that the people they are glamouring about and despise are the same group of people who actually grew up through it.
Old 2012-03-23, 12:28   Link #87
sa547
*Author

It's really sad when open-mindedness in the fandom is being replaced with intolerant elitism.

This piece of news/OP-ED has been around for more than a month now (reveals just how big AKB's influence in that it can affect advertising revenues), but in case Takamina's in DC next week, the attending wotas there should give her a full morale boost -- she really needs it in these trying times.

Had it my way and through a court order, I would like to take Takamina under my custody for at least temporarily -- I'm disappointed with her mother's incompetence.
Old 2012-03-23, 12:45   Link #88
Undertaker

Good thing is that from what I know, the overall media response is more of sympathetic (to Takamina) even in that original article specifically stated that all this happens after Takamina moved out of her home.

I knew she was getting ridiculous support on her no3b blog and google+ when the news first broke out

There were some comments from lessor media on potential cover-up from AKB side due to low (comparatively) initial coverage in mainstream media. (The initial article was from a tabloid magazine) But it was later cleared up that most media didn't blow it out of proportion mainly due to the complex story behind it. (though AKB influence might still be part of it as well)

I don't think it really affected Takamina's career that much considering that the is still making her appearances and her still manages to keep all her regular (or MC) spots on shows.

This year's ranking poll in June/July (if they are holding it) would probably be a better indicator.

Interesting to note that during the period where the news broke and Takamina responsed on her blog. The members (especially the originals) kept quite as expected but at same time dropping hints that Takamina is ok considering that most fan knew that Takamina, despite her outward appearance and popularity is really a lone wolf, that did show the bonds memebers share.
Old 2012-03-24, 06:58   Link #89
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Just bought Mayuyu's single *squee* My first AKB flavoured CD.

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 08:24   Link #90
sa547
*Author

Glad she's now your oshimen.

Okay, some unusual turn of events, just as they were performing at Saitama...
http://www.jpopasia.com/news/matsui-...48::10599.html
http://forum.nihongogo.com/topic/137...ost__p__229143

Quote:
Just then, I had the pleasure of announcing to all the fans, a special surprise at the very end of Saitama Super Arena.

Today, there were 2 announcements.

First, is the Team 4 promotions.
The members who were promoted are:
Kato Rena
Kawaei Rina
Iwata Karen (Note: currently starring in the 0048 anime as Nagisa Motomiya)
Tano Yuka
Takahashi Juri
5 people.

Also there was another announcement regarding the new additions to fill vacancies in each team, Team K and Team B.

Addition to Team K, is Matsui Jurina from SKE48 Team S

Addition to Team B, is Watanabe Miyuki from NMB48 Team N

The two new additions will from now on be concurrent to their activites in SKE Team S and NMB Team N respectively.

Their time as AKB48 will be limited, however we hope that this concurrent post that they will hold within sister groups will be a chance to allow them to cultivate their own character as well as grow. Therefore we will be good if Fans could watch them with warm hearts. We hope to have your continued support for the AKB48 group.
The result? Some of the fans were HOPPING MAD!
Old 2012-03-24, 12:07   Link #91
Undertaker

Quote:
Glad she's now your oshimen.
Which surprises me myself because 2 years ago, she was the only one of Kami-7 that I liked the least. But the more I watch and learn about AKB the more I begin to like her.

Now, Takamina is the man!! I like other members as well, but she just simply kicks ass.

As for other info.

Team 4 promotions is long overdue as that team has been in an incomplete state for far too long. While the overall sentiment is that the quality and popularity of the team is that while they are below the three main teams and SKE's Team S. They are much stronger than any other secondary teams and could even out perform NMB's team N if a center develops and vacancies are filled.

However, there are also news and criticism on the blogs from some longtime/renowned fans that the team's recent performance is in decline and other than a handful few like Shimada, Ichikawa, Nakamata, and Nagao who continues to give them all, the rest of members are either loosing their focus on stages or are lacking efforts only to focus on their expanded TV appearences. Some even rated the most recent Team 4 performance to be at or below HKT's debut performance.

So hopefully the new addition would give Team 4 a kick to the rear as reminder that there are people willing to take their place and spotlight.

As for 2 addition, on one hand not that surprising, on the other hand, it does surprise me that both are keeping their original affiliation.

In case of Jurina, it's clear that Akimoto loves her potential and has been pushing her since she join the 48 family as founding member of SKE at 12 year old. It's also fact the she along with Rena as the Double Matsui are the one that are drawing attention to SKE and lead them to where is is right now, arguably the most popular idol group outside of AKB itself and Perfume.

The case for Jurina is that she and Rena have already heavily involved in AKB activity due to their rankings so a transfer to Team K is not that out of place. Though one thing to note is that Jurina seem to have a much more closer relation with member of Team A especially the original members, she is one of the few that successfully brake into that little circle complete where everyone liked her and not just one or two of them. Wtih that said, I'm a bit surprise that Akimoto didn't have Jurina to go to Team A and transfer one from Team A to K. But I guess they just can't have Team A to be that strong from top to bottom, consider that Team A already have a the strongest line up top to bottom in among the 48 family.

Though, with this announcement, her involvement with SKE will definitely be impacted. Besides she is only 15 and is enter high school, her attention might be too divided. Although it's possible she is preparing to move to Tokyo permanently and fully transfers to AKB hence the decision right now.

If that's the case it would be understandable why Rena wasn't picked to do the same for Team B when she enjoys a good relation with Team B members. Either way, Double Matsui might be a name of past and SKE will probably be known as Rena's team.

On the other hand, Watanabe Miyuki's transfer isn't as interesting. Her personality and character do seem inline with Team B. The issue here is that with NMB still not at full strength with just 2 teams, why taking away one of the more popular member of the group?

Personally, I think the more important issue here is not who joined/transferred, but who didn't join. These two moves show that obviously Akimoto and other AKB higher power is agree with seasoned fans that right now Team 4 and Kenkyusei
are not up to par for the three core teams. And might be a kick in the rear and Akimoto tends to do when he feel the lack of tension from the members.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-03-24 at 14:59.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 15:24   Link #92
mochichan

Wow fans are talking about it here too?
I agree lol the shuffle is like WTF moment......
This fandom is too emotional lol. Personally I think Jurina is already an AKB member anyway so this just make it more official. But since her health lately have been declining IDK about piling more works on her.

IDK about Milky tho....NMB isn't really that established. They do have some decent fanbase but I wouldn't say they're mainstream like AKB. IDK why he would take her away from the team when she's one of the main member.
Aki P comment

AKB,SKE,NMB,HKT,JKT
It’s no good if they aren’t challenged.
The rolling stone must not be covered in moss.
Let’s see the results of this chemical reaction.

After the concert, I had a talk with Jurina and Miyuki.
Their love for SKE and NMB has persuaded me.
Of course, I understand.
Let’s show SKE and NMB’s potential.

Cr: AKB48Journal

Waiting for the emotional distress on day 3...=__='
Graduation announcement will probably happen........
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 18:46   Link #93
Undertaker

Another saying around the net is that this is a political move to strengthen AKS talents in the core AKB team since AKS is now strong enough that they didn't need to sell member contracts like they did 3,4 years ago when the group was in trouble and are now coming beck to bite them. (mainly with interfering decisions concerning mid-level members)

I would argue that NMB is pretty mainstream now base on their most recent single sale which has be steadly increase and is now up to 350K, a pretty huge number in current music landscape. Granted, Sayaka is still the only prominent member national wide, but there are a few members that began to stood out and Watanabe Miyuki is one of them.

Anyway, another news is that 26th Single is now announced. It'll be released on 5/23 with 4th Ranking votes in it, result is in early June.

New single is called "真夏のSounds good !"(Manatsu no Sounds Good!)

36 selection is the largest yet with 15 members being their 1st single selection. (note, mostly from Team 4)

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/confidence/2009050/full/

Senbatsu (Selection):

Team A : Kuramochi Asuka, Kojima Haruna, Sashihara Rino, Shinoda Mariko, Takajo Aki, Takahashi Minami, Maeda Atsuko

Team K : Itano Tomomi, Oshima Yuko, Minegishi Minami, Miyazawa Sae, Yokoyama Yui

Team B : Kasai Tomomi, Kashiwagi Yuki, Kitahara Rie, Watanabe Mayu

Team 4 : Abe Maria, Ichikawa Miori, Iriyama Ana, Shimazaki Haruka, Shimada Haruka, Takeuchi Miyu, Yamauchi Suzuran, Iwata Karen, Kato Rena, Kawaei Rina, Takahashi Juri

SKE48 : Kizaki Yuria, Matsui Jurina, Matsui Rena, Takayanagi Akane, Kimoto Kanon

NMB48 : Yamamoto Sayaka, Watanabe Miyuki, Jo Eriko

HKT48 : Kodama Haruka

Thought:

With upcoming drama featuring Team 4 and Johnnys' Junior and the inclusion in 26th Single (with 11 seats) plus the planned Majisuka Gakuen 3 in July and Akimoto mentioned in his blog that it "might" feature whole new cast.

Looks they are pushing Team 4 big time this year and makes me leaning toward the power struggle conversation among long time fans with recent moves.

Especially considering the number of T4 members as well as SKE and NMB that are in it while the mid-level members of the 3 main teams got passed by.
Old 2012-03-24, 20:03   Link #94
mochichan

Nah~ they do have some decent sales however they don't seem to do that well digitally which is where the general public/casual fans are.

My feeling about this single is pretty mix. I think they're going full on to promote the Team 4 members which is good I guess. Team 4 will be the the ones that carry the torch for AKB but they're taking places for other members like Sayaka. I feel bad she keep getting shafted by the management. Also there's alot of girls here .....it might get messy or too crowded on stage....:\ not to mention too many girls, less screen time per members.

Other than that happy about the non hair related song

Old 2012-03-24, 21:49   Link #95
Undertaker

True, but it's kind of inevitable. The media members are not going away, and if they are now pushing the next wave, the mid-level members are due to end up as casualties.

Only good thing is that member like Sayaka (I'm assuming you are talking about Akimoto here) has sub-groups like DIVA that they can fallback on and really, with the way the their workload is right now, even those mid members that was left off has plenty of other jobs to do.

As for NMB, either way, their alse right now is tons better than when AKB debuted or even SKE for that matter. And their sales are still increase for past three year. Really at worst, Osaka is big enough to support it even if they flap. Just like that Tokyo could support AKB even 4 years ago when they haven't gain mainstream fans.

Only problem with that was the members and Akimoto were aiming at much higher ground back then...

As for the stage size. I won't be too worried about it, AKB are at a point where it can still sell itself without too much media pushing it and this single even have votes in them. Besides, the main music shows like Music Station and such all have big enough stage as well as their golden hour variety show, Naruhodo HS. And I'm sure they'll have a simplified formation of like 15-25 if stage really is a concern.

But it does seem that their single releases trend is now set in stone since its pretty stays in the same pattern since 10年櫻 (10nen Sakura). It's been basically:

Graduation Song => Swimsuit/Summer Song => Poll Rank Song => Dance Song => Jankan Song.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-03-24 at 22:00.
Old 2012-03-24, 21:59   Link #96
mochichan

Yeah Sayaka do have her sub unit but it's kinda a shame for the captain of an AKB team to get so little exposure. I feel like she might graduate soon anyway. Her image doesn't fit into AKB anymore. I'm not looking forward to the other media senbatsu members to get shafted, At least this time they just expand the senbatsu size.

I dun mind the release pattern tho it would be nice if they change it up. But I think their graduation or summer songs have alot more appeal when it's release around those times since people can relate more. The single that I'm most looking forward to anyway is the Fall one since that's when AKB go all hardcore <3

BTW~ anyone decided on who to vote for yet?
Old 2012-03-24, 22:12   Link #97
Undertaker

My vote will always be Takamina, as I said, she went from being my least favorite among the Kami-seven 2-3 years ago to my favorite as I learned more and more about them.

Other then her, my favorites are Aachan (along with MaiMai were old favorite of mine), Tomochin, Mayuyu, Rena, Yoko, Akicha, Sashi, Kitahara, Mochi, Mii-chan. And this past year, Yokoyama Yui, Oya Shizuka, Shimada Haruka, and Lemon-chan has been gaining my attention as well.

It's too tough to pick one outside of the captain and maybe Aachan.

Anyway, personally I like their graduation/school songs just as much as their cool songs. Summer Songs to me are the most catchy, while Ranking Songs are most complete. As for Jankan songs, the first one was ok and second on is kind of funny and interesting and seems to the the song can surprise you the most. Although Give Me Five is a pretty nice departure to usual slow graduation songs.

BTW, if you like cool songs, have you hear Takamina's stage song from A3:Bird and A6:愛しさのアクセル ?

I have Bird video here:

Here

and 愛しさのアクセル:

Spoiler for 愛しさのアクセル::

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-03-24 at 22:30.
Old 2012-03-24, 22:30   Link #98
mochichan

OMFG me too
I feel really bad for her scandal too.....It would be nice for fans to show her more support

Cool that you know Maimai I really liked her when I got into the fandom but then I found out she graduated already <__< Since I only have like 2 votes I want to vote for Takamina and Maritroll. But I also like Yuko, Miichan and Sayaka too so it's hard to pick.

I'm looking forward to another WTF moment like Yukirin and her melons win over Tomochin's duck lip XD I feel bad for her, she was really pissed lol.
Old 2012-03-24, 23:10   Link #99
sa547
*Author

I have my vote for Takamina.

AKB Education: Anyone who doesn't know jack about Heavy Rotation can use this as a must-read (and a defense against haters). Also, should I encounter people who don't know AKB is and how the system works, I recommend them to read the AKB49 manga first. Go spread the word.
Old 2012-03-24, 23:13   Link #100
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
OMFG me too
I feel really bad for her scandal too.....It would be nice for fans to show her more support

Cool that you know Maimai I really liked her when I got into the fandom but then I found out she graduated already <__< Since I only have like 2 votes I want to vote for Takamina and Maritroll. But I also like Yuko, Miichan and Sayaka too so it's hard to pick.

I'm looking forward to another WTF moment like Yukirin and her melons win over Tomochin's duck lip XD I feel bad for her, she was really pissed lol.

Yeah, MaiMai actually got me interested in the group with her variety show appearances back then. That, along with Aachan out-acting and out-cute the main character in Shiori to Shimiko.

Before then I knew of the group but didn't think anything of it because I wasn't really an idol follower, at least not in groups. I only chase after one that acts like Aragaki or Todo, even then I only follow their drama and maybe buying a few photobooks and that's about it, Aragaki is still the only Idol I bought songs from and follow for any sort of dedication.

Yeah, Yukirin and Sachi came out of no where last year. I mean Yukirin is on the rise, but no one expect her to take 3rd and of the Kami-7 Tomochin was heading in the voting with arguably the strongest vibe due to her solo career just taking off and success of Dear J.

Either way, My take is that this year's ranking would be the true indicator on how that scandal affected Takamina. So far, as I mentioned the impact seem very little due to many factors, such as, lack of coverage in main media, complex back story, potential cover-up, internet support, etc. But it would be nice, just for once if Takamina and jump in ranking because as show of support from fans and let the captain be on top of the group for real.

I mean, her last year's speech was really moving as well, despise been used and picked fun of in various variety shows due the her tone and pace changes.

Quote:
I have my vote for Takamina.

AKB Education: Anyone who doesn't know jack about Heavy Rotation can use this as a must-read (and a defense against haters). Also, should I encounter people who don't know AKB is and how the system works, I recommend them to read the AKB49 manga first. Go spread the word.
Well, that and the fact that Heavy Rotation DOMINATED the Kareoke chart and stayed on top for like a year and everyone knows that Kareoke is nothing if not an indicator of how popular a song is to WOMEN...

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-03-24 at 23:37.