AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-18, 10:37   Link #1541
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanohh View Post
this ep reminds me of Mariko's speech in the recent sensoukyo The senior members shouldn't give up their seats easily

waiting for Yuka's scandal exposed and i wonder if there's any punishment lol
LOL never connected this to this.

True. I really think if Takamina just graduate to make Kanata a regular member would be such an anticlimatic ending. I want Kanata to fight for it and Takamina give her a hell of time because Kanata won't gain anything by having the succession handed to her.

btw. I love all the Takamina + Yuko love in this ep is so adorable...Midget twin <3

oh btw..the extra detail in this show is amazing...TAKAMINA'S MECHA HAVE A RIBBON ON IT!!

mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 12:04   Link #1542
ookamigirl

The concert went on without a hitch ^^
The girls sure were happy about it.
The whole guerrilla concert thing put a damper on them all being stand-ins.
Tensions were sure running high.
Actions space fight parts were pretty good.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 13:16   Link #1543
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
The concert went on without a hitch ^^
The girls sure were happy about it.
The whole guerrilla concert thing put a damper on them all being stand-ins.
Tensions were sure running high.
Actions space fight parts were pretty good.

the beginning wasn't the concert. it was just a normal AKB theater show. They'll be doing the real concert at the peace conference next ep.
Old 2012-06-18, 13:39   Link #1544
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Suzuko used a head-butt. Takamina really was out of if it this ep. Though stinks des showed up since the 77th finally got a chance to get on stage together.
Old 2012-06-18, 13:43   Link #1545
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
the beginning wasn't the concert. it was just a normal AKB theater show. They'll be doing the real concert at the peace conference next ep.
No actually, even if it was just a theater show, It was the concert for which they became stand-in. You could tell because Takamina, Yuuko and the others were in the peace conference at that time, which was the reason they needed stand-ins in the first place.

The guerrilla concert is a new concert, and has nothing to do with the peace conference.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-06-18 at 15:37.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 13:50   Link #1546
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
They'll be doing the real concert at the peace conference next ep.
The peace conference is over. Takamina and the others had just got back from it when Kanata came running up to welcome them home. What they're going to now appears to be just a concert, but DES has clearly become motivated to stop those idols at any cost. I think the girls need more firepower on station.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 16:32   Link #1547
Kazu-kun

Kanata: "Takamina ni tsuite ikimasu"

I knew I heard that line somewhere before. It's the title of the AKB48's 3-day live concert event on Takamina's honor that was to be held on March 2011. Unfortunately that concert ended up being cancelled due to the Touhoku earthquake...

Okada you sneaky bastard!!! lol
Old 2012-06-18, 16:46   Link #1548
mochichan

^
Okada is doing an amazing job with the inside references. Even the character names themselves. The song Nagisa no Cherry --> Nagisa (no) Chieri lol.

Oh right~ well I did wait up really late for the evetaku release so that part went past me lol.

Too bad..I wanted them to show the peace conference...:\
The concert scene would be really nice looking since it sound like a big event.
Old 2012-06-18, 18:28   Link #1549
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
The peace conference is over. Takamina and the others had just got back from it when Kanata came running up to welcome them home. What they're going to now appears to be just a concert, but DES has clearly become motivated to stop those idols at any cost. I think the girls need more firepower on station.
I don't know if this is just firepower difference, 0048 is simply out-men (or out-girl) and out-resourced, which is the reality. After all they are just a rebel group (or terrorist group from DES PoV), there is no reason why DES should lose in a straight up battle.

Now if this leads to a open reballion everywhere, that's one thing, but as it stands the advantage for 0048 is that they are better at guerrilla warfare (again the terrorist reference) and has advantage in small encounters and as well as having advantages in intelligence by operating in the dark.

The mistake in this episode is that they knew it's an ambush, and DES gathered it's force waiting for them, yet they still heads right in.

That's not firepower disadvantage, that's a tactical mistake, though it matches the hot-blood factor the group represents.

But than again, if they do have enough firepower to out-fight a fully prepared DES force, there would be no point to operate in underground capacity is there?

But EP 8 is great, the inside details continues to be just awesome. In addition to the ribbon, I also like the mild reference with the Team A line while Takamina was on bed. I also hope she would't give up and just let Kanata fight for it. Though with that being said, I got a feeling that Takamina the 5th's death flag has been raised if not the MIA flag...

It might also tie into some of those center disappearances as well...

EDIT:

BTW the current story line really reminds me of two real life members. Takajo Aki (Akicha, 6th-gen) and Oya Shizuka (Shi-chan, 4th-gen). The former being refer as the record holder for the quickest promotion (about 2 month after debut) while the latter is took the longest for her promotion (872 days after debut) despite being a well-recognize hard worker.

Especially Oya, who was the last 1st-gen trainee (4th-gen member) left when majority of her peers like Kuromochi Asuka, Sato Amina, and Fujie Reina (and others) got their promotions 2 years earlier and last 4th-gen promotion before hers (Nakata Chisato)was over 1.5 years as well. Those who didn't get promote either quite or graduated as Trainee as time goes by with her last Trainee peer left almost a year before her promotion. It also tells you something that when her best friends in the group and members associates with her privately are all her kohei like Kitahara Rie and Sahihara Reno and not her 4th gen peers.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-06-18 at 19:09.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 18:40   Link #1550
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
In addition to the ribbon, I also like the mild reference with the Team A line while Takamina was on bed.
I loved it that too. Team A's huddle motto is so unique. Do you know if Takamina came up with those words on her own?
Old 2012-06-18, 19:23   Link #1551
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I loved it that too. Team A's huddle motto is so unique. Do you know if Takamina came up with those words on her own?
I don't think so, it was carried down by Team A, the 1st gen. As far as I know in the early years it was Orii Ayumi who was leading the group unofficially since members like Maeda, Takamina, Itano, etc were all around 14-15 at time.

After the mass graduation event of the core, more popular members in 07 (most likely due to DefStar debacle). Takamina was pushed to the leadership role by other members and remains unofficial leader until the re-organization.

The line was also used in early whole team event until recently with the emerge of SKE and NMB as well the quick additions of sister groups like HKT and JKT.

Side note, while Takamina and A-chan were the feature members in the center and fairly popular other like Itano and Mariko were supplementary members at best.

The line evolve to the current version after but not by a lot (you can hear the difference in the early documentary), though the portion that was quoted stays intact.

That line was also used in old Team B's huddle when Cindy was leading that team, their version is slower with a more traditional idol talk about dreams and fantasy then got evolve and left off when Yukirin was appointed as official leader during the re-organization shake-up.

As I said that line is now been left off in large event though it'll still pop up in med-size group event as well as in teams of their sister groups before they gain their identities.
Old 2012-06-18, 21:12   Link #1552
mochichan

You know...after rewatching it again.........i wonder if Kanata x Takamina shipping is going to happen lol :P

It's cute Kanata is such a fangirl :3

Old 2012-06-18, 21:30   Link #1553
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Watching Ep8 right now. Rather liking it.

Also, that Celtic-ish music that plays during Mariko's briefing to the 76th and 77th gen kenkyuusei is really catchy. Awesome briefing theme. Gives a feeling of preparing for battle, things are not hopeless, but get your asses in gear and get ready.

Who says violin and classical guitar can't be awesome? Except Kaoishin, who evidently never heard Zero.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 21:48   Link #1554
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Man this show is great. I'm enjoying it over everything else.

So much melodrama too. They pulled that Kanata and Takamina tension out of nowhere, but it works pretty good.

Imagine if Rino Sashihara was in the show. That would have been hugely entertaining to see what would happen.

That twintails girl is just asking to get kicked out of AKB. I thought they had already dealt with it with the "break up" in the beginning.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 22:00   Link #1555
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Hmmm, the WOTA aren't totally useless, it seems - they're also acting as the Katyusha's advance partly, doing a recee of the site.

... right, I think Takamina is trying too hard; she's having a crisis of confidence and she's trying to act like she thinks the original Takamina would have acted, which is why she's charging in.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 22:08   Link #1556
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
That twintails girl is just asking to get kicked out of AKB. I thought they had already dealt with it with the "break up" in the beginning.
well, you can't really blame her. Considering how tough the competition is within the 48 group. You only start to relax once becoming an regular member but even then you are competing with 47 other girls for the attention of the fans which includes a lot of your own friends.

Get look at how many regular members right now since the Trainee era started that got promote. You have about 13-18 per generation, but usually only 3-4 got promoted in each generation and among them only 1-2 was able to stay a regular member and not giving up due to the strength and fame of the core members. I mean 8th gen was completely wiped out when 9th gen and after got the luxury of having Team 4 (and soon Team 8) being created.

Those would were late to get promoted, how are they suppose to feel. It's not that they are not hardworking, they were just not taking that extra steps, though in real life many took those extra steps and still can't get promoted.

I mean really, she was just standing up to her friends and feels bad for them. Heck, she was the one that got select as under, it's not like she wan't selected and was bitching about it.

(that reminds me, SKE really has it tough, at least you won't get demoted in AKB but in SKE youcould still get demote back to trainee.)
Old 2012-06-18, 22:17   Link #1557
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I mean really, she was just standing up to her friends and feels bad for them. Heck, she was the one that got select as under, it's not like she wan't selected and was bitching about it.
Ehh... I think Sylphic was talking about Yuuka writing to her ex-boyfriend...
Old 2012-06-18, 22:22   Link #1558
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

I have no issue with Yuka standing up for her buddies. I'm talking about her "ex-boyfriend".

Though I say that in quotes since they never actually hooked up.

In real life, you get sent to some group no one has ever heard of as punishment. Here you just go back to whatever crappy planet you came from?

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 22:23   Link #1559
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
I have no issue with Yuka standing up for her buddies. I'm talking about her "ex-boyfriend".

Thing is, we don't know yet if love is forbidden in 0048 as it is in the real AKB. It's the future after all, and these idols have bigger worries than keeping the "pure" image... like trying to avoid getting killed.
Old 2012-06-18, 22:27   Link #1560
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Ehh... I think Sylphic was talking about Yuuka writing to her ex-boyfriend...

My mistake then, I thought Sylphic was referring to Megumi in ep. 8, I should have paided more attention on the 'breaking up" part instead of "twintails"

As for romance thing, true we don't know about the rule yet, but the no-love rule really is more of industry's standard then anything it's just that AKB put it in writing in some cases. Either way I would agree is a arrangement for potential storyline for dismissal.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime