AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-03-03, 09:34   Link #341
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Crescendo was quite nice ( story wise )
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 14:38   Link #342
ForkandSpoon

I actually found a nice proggie that searches online for any kanji you find in a game http://www.animeye.it/henteye/Giochi/jap2eng/othE.shtml
It saved me. :P

For those that are wondering. She said that moss grows to the south on tree's. So following the directions of the tree's I finally managed to get out of that stinking maze.
ForkandSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 00:07   Link #343
ayyo

Current favorite at the moment:

Kinda wished it was atleast 800x600 like... everything else thats coming on the market, and that there is no more computer window interface for like config and right click menu, etc. But that's pretty much the end of my criticism
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 21:51   Link #344
roan

finished muvluv alternative.

....is this supposed to be a good ending?
roan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-05, 22:46   Link #345
h3lladvocate

Man, how do you people find all these games. I've been looking for the Shuffle! game and the Canvas game for like ever and can't find it. Where can i find games like these? Anyway, besides that, id have to say my favorite is star platnium. Fairly good story line and a awsome card game.
h3lladvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 00:57   Link #346
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan
finished muvluv alternative.

....is this supposed to be a good ending?
I say it's the best ending that can be made. Unless should Takeru be not tied as the inga-doutai (I have no idea how to call this in English) at the end, he could try to better things that befell the fate of everyone that he lost in the alternate world as well.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3lladvocate
Man, how do you people find all these games. I've been looking for the Shuffle! game and the Canvas game for like ever and can't find it. Where can i find games like these? Anyway, besides that, id have to say my favorite is star platnium. Fairly good story line and a awsome card game.
People buy them. Yes it's true! People can actually buy stuff they like!!
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 01:28   Link #347
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Quote:
I say it's the best ending that can be made. Unless should Takeru be not tied as the inga-doutai (I have no idea how to call this in English) at the end
Conductor of Fate

My dissapointment is he went through a lot only to forget everything again. I don't like reset endings that much. Especially full reset endings.
However, I smell a few fan discs in the making.

Say, I have a few question

what happened to all the other lives that he lived through? Did that timeline still go on after he died? Is there a daugher of him and (insert 207th squad member name) still fighting a decisive battle against BETA at the moment? I'm not sure about that part.

Also, where is Gouda Johji when you need him? Too Super Robot for this genre?
And Ayu, how could Meiya's counterpart not make an appearance?

Last edited by Takemi_Ikazuchi; 2006-03-06 at 01:40.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 01:32   Link #348
roan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I say it's the best ending that can be made. Unless should Takeru be not tied as the inga-doutai (I have no idea how to call this in English) at the end, he could try to better things that befell the fate of everyone that he lost in the alternate world as well.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with the story.
i agree with that, but it left me feeling irritated that there was no other choice but to resort to a yume-ochi ending since what made him the inga doutai was dead. nothing gained, nothing lost for takeru.
even worse, the alternative world was still doomed in the end. if it were possible, i wish there were some way that takeru could still stay in the alternative world.
Old 2006-03-06, 01:43   Link #349
Takemi_Ikazuchi

He wanted to at first. As he said, he's already a denizen of "that" world.

Too bad quantum physics wouldn't have any of that.

I'd like to think that Second Lieutenant Shirogane Takeru died along with the rest of the Valkyries, and remember him as that.
Old 2006-03-06, 01:48   Link #350
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Just like Oogami Ichirou in "Sakura Taisen," am I the only one who thinks Takeru should be promoted to at least 大尉 for the achievements that he has done? www
Old 2006-03-06, 01:58   Link #351
Takemi_Ikazuchi

They all deserved a promotion as far as I'm concerned.
Old 2006-03-06, 02:06   Link #352
roan

so basically in two months he would go from 訓練兵 to 大尉 with only 4 real battles?
he does deserve a promotion, but something feels a little weird....
Old 2006-03-06, 02:11   Link #353
Takemi_Ikazuchi

Now, that I think of it, the timeline is really rushed is it?

From Shirogane's POV he had a 2 year+ experience from his previous memory, but all the other girls are literally just a months out of cadet school.

@_@
Old 2006-03-07, 00:48   Link #354
Batou
公安9課

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan
so basically in two months he would go from 訓練兵 to 大尉 with only 4 real battles?
he does deserve a promotion, but something feels a little weird....
He did graduate as a 2nd Lieutenant (少尉), the rank difference is only two pay grades. More often then not field promotions comes quick when you're in an all-out war (next highest rank takes the place of whoever dies).

*大尉 = Captain
Batou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 00:54   Link #355
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3lladvocate
Ever tried online shops like Himeya?
And there's also a list of site on that sticky.
Old 2006-03-07, 16:39   Link #356
satsukibun

Quote:
People buy them. Yes it's true! People can actually buy stuff they like!!
And some people, can buy a LOT more than others!

kj1980, did you post your favorites from 2005, like you did for 2004?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...20&postcount=9

What, other than Hollow Ataraxia and Higurashi, did you like last year?
satsukibun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 14:00   Link #357
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsukibun
And some people, can buy a LOT more than others!

kj1980, did you post your favorites from 2005, like you did for 2004?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...20&postcount=9

What, other than Hollow Ataraxia and Higurashi, did you like last year?
Before I go on, "Higurashi no Naku Koroni" isn't an ero-game, nor an ero-doujin game (meaning there are no sex scenes). It's a normal doujin-game.

Let me recall what was sold last year....

School Days - very interesting, but very buggy

Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Irona - Nabacchi! Shizuka-Gozen!! (if you don't know what I mean, you don't know seiyuus who uses pseudonyms)

Fate hollow ataraxia - what can I say? It's TYPE-MOON

ToHeart2 XRATED - there is nothing more that makes me go (*´Д`)ハァハァ than hearing Manaka's voice during ero-scenes. moe~.

Otome wa Boku ni Koi o Shiteru - when a guy can be the moe-est than the other girls

Tsuyokiss - tsundere!! tsundere!! moe~!!!!

Tick! Tack! - It was cheap so that's why I bought it. Typical Navel story. Short and boring, but extremely moe~ art.

At least these are the ones that I recall playing. The others are just stacked up onto my tsumige- ("waiting to be played, but probably won't in the near foreseeable future") pile. The pile alone consists of over fifty games right now...orz
Old 2006-03-08, 20:40   Link #358
satsukibun

Quote:
Before I go on, "Higurashi no Naku Koroni" isn't an ero-game, nor an ero-doujin game (meaning there are no sex scenes). It's a normal doujin-game.
Oops, forgot the thread name when I included that. I just remember you praising it's kawaii-/moe?-ness.

Quote:
School Days - very interesting, but very buggy
...which sounds a lot like the earlier Miss Each Other, which was technically interesting but mediocre otherwise. Call me a Nishida fan.

Quote:
Fate hollow ataraxia - what can I say? It's TYPE-MOON
They finally released an artbook for 2000's Tsukihime... Who says otaku have a short attention span?

Quote:
At least these are the ones that I recall playing. The others are just stacked up onto my tsumige- ("waiting to be played, but probably won't in the near foreseeable future") pile. The pile alone consists of over fifty games right now...orz
I guess that's the stack with Princess Witches, Parfait-Chocola 2nd, Sharinnokuni Himawari no Shoujo, Green Green 3, Majokko 2, Tears to Tiara, Romanesque, Happiness!, etc.? ^_^

Thanks for the info!
satsukibun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 22:06   Link #359
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Current faves for 2006 (yea.. I know it's a bit early to call for faves)

Muv-Luv Alternative - Great game despite being so linear. Some of the scenes in game will scar Muv-luv fans for life >.< Definitely not for the fainthearted...

Pia Carrot e Youkoso!! G.O. - I believe this is the best installment so far. More characters, well developed stories, and really memorable endings. Mizaki <3

Boy Meets Girl (ボーイミーツガール) - Not to be confused with the anime. Really beautiful CGs (as expected from Frontwing)

There's a few more, but I haven't had the time to play some of them lately... term papers... *kusu*
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-08, 23:11   Link #360
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Muv-Luv Alternative - Great game despite being so linear. Some of the scenes in game will scar Muv-luv fans for life >.< Definitely not for the fainthearted...
It's one of those games that you're simply "required" to play if you knew anything about it. But yeah, it's a great one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Boy Meets Girl (ボーイミーツガール) - Not to be confused with the anime. Really beautiful CGs (as expected from Frontwing)
When I played the trial version from Dengeki Hime's demo disk, I liked it (the art and music). But once I saw Nanami's interview, I was forced to rush to the nearest online store and preorder the game. Mao-shama~ killed me.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel