How old is Danzou anyway? And why is he leader of root if he's crippled? o_0
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-09, 20:00   Link #2303
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I'll bet you can kick former presidents Bush his ass without too much effort.
Still he was the leader of the american citizens. Danzou might be the leader because of his ways of thinking. But it's also possible that he can still fight very good.

Look at Master Yoda (Star Wars)..he spoke in a funny way and walked all the time as a very very old man who couldnt do so much. But during his battles he moved faster and more flexible than any other Jedi. Perhaps Danzou is the same..
Old 2009-05-09, 22:42   Link #2304
james0246

Quote:
Danzou is a contemporary of Sarutobi, so he is at least 70 years old if not older.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 21:52   Link #2305
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Danzou lived through an era of wartime anyhow. So that broadly describes his crippled state. Anyhow I guess some conflict between Danzou and the true leader of Hokage went on, and then they probably had a war establishing the rightful Hokage to the Village of Konoha. I guess they just kind of gave Danzou a "rubber-stamp" position.
Old 2009-05-11, 17:38   Link #2306
Subzero00

Naruto manga seems pretty close to coming to a end to me. How many years do you think the manga has left?
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 17:48   Link #2307
Takashipl

Well, at least 100 more chapters, which makes 2 years, but i wouldn't be surprised if it was 4 years.
Takashipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 19:18   Link #2308
Subzero00

i hope it does surprise 4 years but i think its only got about 2 if that. all the story seem to be coming to a end. Really depressing
Old 2009-05-11, 20:16   Link #2309
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
i hope it does surprise 4 years but i think its only got about 2 if that. all the story seem to be coming to a end. Really depressing
Not really, we still have that whole entire Itachi problem to settle out with the village of Konoha. Madara, The 8-tails (If he ever arrives in Konoha to help out with aid), Pain's disagreement or agreement, and finally Sasuke. Oh, and I also forgot to mention Naruto's ascension into the title of Hokage.
Old 2009-05-11, 20:29   Link #2310
Gin
*Artist

k so im just starting to watch naruto and im wondering if there are any irrevelant filler arcs? (like the amagai arc in bleach)
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 21:25   Link #2311
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyte View Post
k so im just starting to watch naruto and im wondering if there are any irrevelant filler arcs? (like the amagai arc in bleach)
Here is a good website that lists all the filler material found in the anime (both Part 1 and Part 2). The site is set-up so that any text that is set in an orange-ish/yellow font is filler, and the normal grayscale text is based on the manga. Just to give you a heads up, the major fillers arcs do not start until Season 6 (Episode 136). In fact, everything from 136 to 220 is filler, with only parts of 220 coming from the manga. Whether they are "irrelevent" is entirely based on opinion: while the filler arcs certainly do not "matter" in the sense that they provide no new manga info, they can still be fun and entertaining.
Old 2009-05-11, 21:54   Link #2312
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Just to give you a heads up, the major fillers arcs do not start until Season 6 (Episode 136). In fact, everything from 136 to 220 is filler, with only parts of 220 coming from the manga.
wow thats alot of filler, thanks for the info
Gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 10:48   Link #2313
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
Not really, we still have that whole entire Itachi problem to settle out with the village of Konoha. Madara, The 8-tails (If he ever arrives in Konoha to help out with aid), Pain's disagreement or agreement, and finally Sasuke. Oh, and I also forgot to mention Naruto's ascension into the title of Hokage.
There's still two more grand ninja villages to visit and probably fight, so after the current arc and the one after it, Kishi could catch up from the point of seeking true peace and spawn another 5 arcs or so.
Old 2009-05-12, 16:46   Link #2314
Subzero00

What do you mean by arcs
Old 2009-05-12, 17:24   Link #2315
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Cycles, stories. Like, Naruto's first mission was the Land of Waves arc (as remarked below), the second one was the chuunin exam, third one was training with Jiraiya and so on.
Spoiler for Manga:

Last edited by Kafriel; 2009-05-12 at 17:29. Reason: fixed arc name
Old 2009-05-12, 17:27   Link #2316
james0246

^Just as a brief correction, Naruto's first major mission was to the Land of Waves (Nami no Kuni), not Mist village.
Old 2009-05-16, 11:24   Link #2317
Gforce

First of all HI

I have a few questions, bet they were already answerd but i'm too lazy to search for it (116pages to look for it)

Ammm... yeah so, with all this crap filler that hurt my eyes so bad im in fear of going blind how important are they in terms of story or chars in shippunden? i know i skipped all of them at the end of part 1 because they were simply terrible, horrible and hollow(i didn't miss anything important or did I??), so when i started shippunden it really rocked and i got to a point where i had to start reading the manga although i swored to myself i would never do that, but i simply just had to gone ahead off anime story, so i read it till the chapter where pain attacks konoha and kakashi stops him. then i pulled myself away from them and said that ill wait for the anime to catch up to it, cuz of the music lack(that imo made this anime one of the greatest) so i waited quiet some time so that the parts would accumulate a bit, but ive talked to few of my schoolmates couple of days ago who were reagulary behind the anime and the story they told me that's going on was completly off of what i know was the manga story, so i went to watch anime a bit and came to the fillers with that boy who also had part of kyuubi inside of him, it was terrible to watch, they are pulling each others legs second by second and those guys who control all of the elements itc. are in one moment strong enough to destroy the earth but then they are defeated in one minute by some lame trick.. WTF?? so i just wanted to know how important are these filler in shippunden in terms with story so i would just skipp them and stick with the main story line, and if any filler arc is by some miracle good to watch would you be so kind to name it for me:P sorry about the long post just want to return to the good old naruto world that had me sucked in for so many years
Gforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 12:49   Link #2318
james0246

Watch Shippuden episodes up to 56, then skip to Episode 72. Nothing that happens in the Twelve Elite Guardians filler arc bears any real connection with the main story, besides an early introduction of Asuma's time with the group. That being said, the recent Find Sanbi filler is pretty good, and it ties directly into the upcoming 'real' storyline (which should start in 4-5 episodes...probably). (I have heard some speculation that the various filler would last until August, but I think that speculation was based on the release of the new movie, and not some insider info.)

edit: Kafriel just reminded me that the Kakashi Gaiden is going to start sometime in July, therebouts. So, even if you skip the Sanbi arc, make sure to stay posted for the Kakashi Gaiden .

Last edited by james0246; 2009-05-17 at 02:12.
Old 2009-05-23, 05:10   Link #2319
xiaoamy
Magical Fan!

About Akatsuki.
Who is the LEADER of the Akatsuki organization?
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Hunter; 2009-05-23 at 05:39.
xiaoamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 05:23   Link #2320
Takashipl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoamy View Post
About Akatsuki.
Who is the LEADER of the Akatsuki organization?
Spoiler for manga:
Spoiler for manga:

Last edited by Hunter; 2009-05-23 at 05:39.
Takashipl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
q&a