Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-12-16, 20:52   Link #21
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

As a massive Souchiro Hoshi fan I'm slightly offended/astounded that anyone would consider Kira Yamato as his best role (same if someone listed Takana Rie and Lacus). For a similar vocal tone his Keiichi Maebara from Higurashi is far superior and than you have his "bad ass" roles like Kazuma (Scryed), Yuuki Aiba (Infinite Ryvius) & Makato (Ghost Hound).
Yeah, Hoshi Souichiro has two different voices:

girly voice: Kira Yamato(GS/GSD), Kazuki Fuchoin(Getbackers)

manly voice: Kazuma(Scryed), Nagi Souichiro(Tenjo Tenge), Keiichi Maebara(Higurashi)

I think the second one is much better and displays more of his voice talent, but I guess having 2 distinct and yet different voice patterns is by itself a testament of his ability.

I will also come up with my list later...
Old 2007-12-16, 23:25   Link #22
andromeda0201

Male Seiyuus:
Kappei Yamaguchi as Ranma, Inuyasha, L - probably the first seiyuu that I liked, thanks to the memorable performances as Ranma and Inuyasha which were also the first 2 animes that I watched. Love his boyish and rash tone, plus the cool one as L. I can recognise his voice right away

Tomokazu Seki as Sagara Sousuke (FMP), Chiaki Shinichi (Nodame), Kyo (Fruits Basket) - All these are 3 different types of performances to me, Sagara's almost monotonous robotic like chants, Chiaki's more normal tone and Kyo's angry tone. Very versatile seiyuu, brings his characters to life

Akira Ishida as Chrno (Chrno Crusade), Athrun (GS) - I think his voice has a nice 'magnetic' tone if thats how to say it. I can't really explain but it really has a nice sound. Even his chibi voices sound extremely convincing

Takahiro Sakurai as Medicine Seller (Mononoke), Yuuri Shibuya (Kyou Kara maou) - He has a very dignified and 'bishie' type of voice, perfect to play those type of characters with a touch of charm and mystery. He can also sound more normal and silly like Yuuri in which I totally couldn't tell that it was him

Miyano Mamoru as Suou Tamaki (Ouran), Light Yagami (Death Note) - lol, if hes not careful these 2 roles are going to haunt him for ages. I never noticed his presence in Wolf's Rain but these 2 roles definitely made full use of his talent. Awesome performances showing he can handle both serious and comedic roles equally well

Still many that i like but will go with these for now

Female Seiyuus:
Paku Romi as Edward Elric (FMA), Hitsugaya (Bleach), Teresa (Claymore) - probably has the most convincing voice for young boys and can do very dominating and serene female roles too. She has brought all her characters to life. Really my favourite female seiyuu.

Ayako Kawasumi as Aoi (Ai Yori Aoshi), Nodame, Lafiel (Seikai no Senki) - Actually I didn't like Aoi that much but then I thought that Aoi's voice was absolutely lovely and so found out about her. She can have a really cute and bell-like voice but then can change to a rather 'sexy' tone like Chikane from Kannazuki.

Aya Hisakawa as Yoko (Juuni Kokki) - no doubt my most favourite role of her since I really loved Yoko too. Voice acting for this was perfect from start till end

Houko Kuwashima as Shuurei (Saiunkoku), Claire (Claymore) - another favourite mainly for her nice and calm voice
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 01:45   Link #23
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I like them all. I think they all do a great job lending to their characters one the most important attributes, the voice. I'm sure I'm gonna miss naming some, but many favorites of mine are the same names others have already given, Ryou Hirohashi, Ayako Kawasumi, Houko Kuwashima, Yukana Nogami, Junko Iwao, Haruna Ikezawa, Miyuki Sawashiro, Aya Hirano, Ryoka Yuzuki, Mai Nakahara, Mamiko Noto, Ami Koshimizu, Satsuki Yukino, Megumi Hayashibara, Aya Hisakawa, Kikuko Inoue, Kotono Mitsuishi, Fumiko Orikasa, Yuki Matsuoka, Megumi Toyoguchi, Akiko Hiramatsu, Ai Nanoka, Marina Inoue, Atsuko Enomoto, Saeko Chiba, Tomoko Kawakami, Yumi Kakazu, Kana Ueda, Yukari Tamura, ...

Mine on the male side aren't as many, but I really dig Masaya Onosaka, Takehito Koyasu, Tomokazu Seki, Shinichiro Miki, and recently Tomokazu Sugita...

On the English dub side, I like Bridget Hoffman, Melissa Fahn, Amanda Winn-Lee, Dorothy Elias-Fahn, Luci Christian, Juliet Cesario, Carrie Savage, Michelle Ruff, Wendy Lee (most of the time), Veronica Taylor, Jessica Calvello...

For males, it's Kirk Thornton, Steve Blum, Crispin Freeman, Chris Patton, Jason Douglas, Johnny Yong Bosch, Richard Hayworth...
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 02:45   Link #24
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

As For male..
1) Hideo Ishikawa As Uichah Itachi,,Jushiro Ukitake...
2) Jun Fukuyama As Lelouch Lamperouge,,,Ayasegawa Yumichika..
3) Mamoru Miyano As Light Yagami,,Tamaki Suou..

As For Female..
1)Houko Kuwashima As Clare,,Kagura,,Sango,,Flay Allster,, Natarle Badgiruel,,Shuurei Kou..
2)Romi PAKU As Hitsugaya Toushiro,,Teresa,,Edward Elric,,Temari..
Old 2007-12-19, 05:21   Link #25
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Mamoru Miyano - Deathly voice in Death Note,cute and silly but kind hearted Tamaki Suou in Ouran,a cool pilot in Gundam and other notable roles such as Koutetsu Sangokushi,Tokimeki Memorial and Suzuka,i like his voice.But the role that i got to love the most is Ouran.

Takahiro Sakurai - I like how he voice Cloud Strife,Suzaku Kururagi in Code Geass,the cool type in D-Gray Man,stylish executive in Gakuen Heaven,tragic Jin in Innocent Venus,cute king in Kyo Kara Maoh,righteous Orpherus in Meine Liebe,sexy Haruka in Tactics,hot Shito in Zombie Loan,the silly Guiche in Zero no Tsukaima and lastly Haseo.I dont really like his voice in Saint Beast,but i can overlook that.

Akira Ishida - A kind hearted teacher in Gakuen Alice,righteous Athrun in Gundam Seed,eccentric king in garasu no kantai,the somtimes good-evil Satoshi in Dn Angel,faithful companion of Rosette in Chrono Crusade,the Mr Cool type in Blood + as Joel,a brother who needs constant protection from his big brother in Night HEad Genesis and the hot Eyes Rutherford in Spiral.I watch his other roles such as in Elemental Gelade and Shounen Onyoumji but i am not too fond of it.However overall i like him

Tomakazu Seki - I think he is perfect for the role of a protective brother in CCS,brave and kind hearted Eduard in Meine Liebe,funny to the core Sousuke Sagara in FMP,hot tempered Kyo in Fruits Basket,silly king in SaiMono,hot Tokairin in You're Uner Arrest,another hot tempered guy in the form of Yzak Joule in Gundam and lastly as Yuuichi in My-Hime.

Hoshi Souichiro - I like him cause he always has this kind of baby voice that i sometimes find cute,sometimes annoying.I dont think his role as Kira Yamato is his best,but it is not bad either.He has this same kind of voice for Camus in Meine Liebe.I like him in Ai Yori Aoshi,the glutton in Saiyuki,the brave Souma in Shining Tears X,silly Sugino who was always dumped by his ahem ...lover in Tactics,the adorable Kei Kusanagi in Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins and lastly a cute kid in Higurashi.He can convert his voice to either those cute and baby type or manly type.This versatility really make me admire him

Jun Fukuyama - He is the best at voicing Lelouch.Ruthless and intelligent,i think no one can do better than him.He is also good as the innocent Keita in Gakuen Heaven,the clueless president in Rental magica,and lastly as Kazuki in Busou Renkin.Of course,i like him best in Code Geass.I am looking forward to see him in Vampire Knight,Special A,and Okami to Koshinryo

Tomokazu Sugita - He is good at voicing as Yuuichi in Kanon.To me his best role is Kyon in Suzumiya.His sometimes desperate and sarcastic voice really won me over.Although limited appearance in X/1999,i like the voice of Subaru.He is great at voicing Gintoki in Gintama. I also fall in love with his voice in Bokurano and Yamato NAdeshiko Shichi Henge as the shy Takenada.I look forward to his future animesOverall,my favourite is Gintoki because he really cracks me up and i dont think i would have laugh if not for his voice

As for females,err..........i have none.Hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......................... .

Last edited by MUAHAHAHAHAHA; 2007-12-19 at 05:54.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 08:47   Link #26
Ottocycle

I hope the roles I chose don't require me to say more about their voice range.
Male:
Wakamoto Norio: God(Hayate no Gotoku!) and Anderson(Hellsing series)

Koyasu Takehito: Takahashi Ryousuke(Initial D series) and Kuroyanagi Ryou(Yakitate! Japan)

Nakata Jouji(George): Giroro(Keroro Gunsou) and Alucard(Hellsing series)

Seki Tomokazu: Domon Kasshu(G-Gundam) and Chiaki Shinichi(Nodame Cantabile)

Hiyama Nobuyuki: Madarame Harunobu(Genshiken series) and Viral(Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
[Sorry Shishio Gai fans, I thought his Viral role was a little better.]

Honourable mentions: Hayami Shou(Yakushiji Tenzen/Nicholas D. Wolfwood), Fujiwara Keiji(Maes Hughes/Holland), Tobita Nobuo(Kamille Bidan/Akabane Kurodo), Ueda Yuuji(Morita Shinobu/Tenkawa Akito) and Konishi Katsuyuki(Kamina/Misato Kaoru).

Female:
Tamura Yukari: Furude Rika(Higurashi series) and Nanoha(Nanoha series)

Kawasumi Ayako: Noda Megumi(Nodame Cantabile) and Misaka Kaori(Kanon series)

Ueda Kana: Aizawa Sakuya(Hayate no Gotoku!) and Tohsaka Rin(Fate/Stay Night)

Orikasa Fumiko: Kuchiki Rukia(Bleach) and Matsuoka Miu(Ichigo Mashimaro)

Yukino Satsuki: Chidori Kaname(Full Metal Panic series) and Sonozaki sisters(Higurashi series)

Honourable mentions: Kouda Mariko(Minase Nayuki), Saiga Mitsuki(Rossiu/Jomy Marcus Shin), Sawashiro Miyuki(Aruruu/Shinku), Tanaka Rie(Suigintou) and Paku Romi(Edward Elric/Temari)

Last edited by Ottocycle; 2007-12-20 at 11:17. Reason: Spelling error
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-20, 10:39   Link #27
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Male:

Sugita Tomokazu: Never really noticed male voice actors from non mecha-anime until I heard Kyon. He is great because he makes his characters convincing.

Seki Tomokazu: Hot-bloodedness. Domon Kasshu, Yzak Joule, Meito Anizawa, Sagara Sousuke, Gilgamesh, Rob Lucci, Daigoji Gai, Shiratori Tsukumo, even Bart Garsus recieved his hot blood in the end.

Midorikawa Hikaru: He makes killer lines and makes his characters cool, sometimes too cold like Heero. But I mainly love his voice acting in games, Ando Masaki, Soma Cruz, Judas and such.

Hiyama Nobuyuki: He voices true hotblooded courage and manliness, Shishio Guy, Viral. He even make villians sound bad till the end, Muruta Azrael and Wilheim.

Kamiya Akira: You don't know mecha if you don't know him, especially if you play SRW. If you yell 'GETTA BIIIIIMU!!', all the time and not know who you're trying to sound like, you should start searching his name.

Also, Shiraishi Minori: for being insane and so flexible.

Female:

Hirano Aya: She is the holy incarnation of Haruhi-sama in this universe. Her control of her voice is amazing, she looks amazing. She's a university student juggling voice acting and singing full-time, which commands respect especially when she does her work so well. The quality she produces is incredible, seeing how tight her schedule is, with her popularity boost. Her ability to work so well under such stress is inspiring, seeing that she came back after her hospitalisation. Being the same age as her, inspired by her, makes me think that me serving national service as a soldier is not hard at all.

Yukari Fukui: She brought moe into mecha anime, Nono and Nia are amazing characters. She tells you moe and hotbloodedness can mix.

Nakahara Mai: I never thought Aoi Anna, Tokiha Mai and Nanbu Chitose could become someone as cute as Nagisa-chan. I'm not sure why I loved her voice, but Nagisa helped me confirm that I didn't love this voice as a mistake.

Noto Mamiko: We love Kotomi-chan and Enma Ai, Hecate-tan as well.

The following ladies are loved for particular roles:

Fukuhara Kaori - Hiiragi Tsukasa
Shimizu Kaori - Tamura Hiyori (amazed when I know she is Lamia Loveless)
Sasaki Nozomi - Patricia Martin
Takahashi Mikako - Kusuha Mizuha
Hanba Tomoe - Utsugi Mikoto
Nonaka Ai - Ibuki Fuko
Kanda Akemi - Fujibayashi Ryou

The men above are all mecha pilots(Sugita is Bullet Luckfield), while the ladies are all moe characters lol.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-28, 17:48   Link #28
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Tomokazu Sugita's role as Kyon is really some of the best voice acting I've heard. Although I'm not Japanese and don't know much about the tone a normal conversation takes, Kyon's manner of speech makes me feel like he is someone that I personally know, with his realistic tone.
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-30, 04:21   Link #29
kucigaromeo
Hell Kitty
*Fansubber

@Darklord_bg I agree with your opinion on Hoshi Sōichirō.
Also Ishida Akira mainly known as Aslan Zara in Gundam Seed only gain my respect after his role on ICE OVA as a woman and in Bamboo Blade as Dan-kun.

For girl seiyū my number one favorite is Kuwashima Hōko. Any role she played is spectacular. Notable recent roles are as elementary schoolboy Ryōta in Kyō no 5-2. Bipolar Miyamiya in Bamboo Blade and the GAR Clare in Claymore.

Mizuki Nana she played three different kind of roles this fall as Hibara Mizuki in Mokke, Utau Hoshina in Shugo Chara and especially Minami Tōma in Minami-ke are all. great.

Nakahara Mai, at first I tought she'll only end up playing cheerful girl roles, but after watching Tactical Roar I was wrong, the drunk Nanaha was especially awesome. This year she played in Sola as Aono, a yet another Ayanami Rei clone character of course her greatest work is as Ryūgū Rena in Higurashi.

Higurashi's main characters seiyūs are going all out and really shine in this show.
Nakahara Mai successfully portray Rena-chan in all omochikaeri mode, usoda mode and meitantei mode.
Kanai Mika as Satoko-chan the cute arrogant little trap queen with tragic past.
Yukino Satsuki portraying both tsundere Mion and yandere Shion.
Tamura Yukari as the über moé Rika-chan with all mi~ nipa~ and her 'dark mode'.
Horie Yui cute and dojikko like role but sometime bring out the menacing voice I last heard when she's in Asagiri no Miko.
Lastly Keiichi had the best moments 'crying' in Higurashi Kai episode 2 and saying 'all men are hentai' in a cool way in ep 3.
Even listening Higurashi drama cd they can make me visualize the story, especially Higurashinderella drama cd.

my anidb list: http://anidb.net/u224323
Hidamari Sketch, Arts of Innocence
kucigaromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 07:17   Link #30
kimberlytan

yui horie

for me my favorite voice actress is yui horie because i love her voice and she is so very cute and i love her songs. And yui horie's anime roles are:
SIESTA IN ZERO NO TSUKAIMA
KUSHIEDA MINORI IN TORADORA
HONDA TOHRU IN FRUIT BASKET
NARU NARUSEGAWA IN LOVE HINA
kimberlytan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 10:58   Link #31
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

For Females to limit to 5:

Saito Chiwa as Hitagi Senjougahara she managed to portray her abusive yet teasing talking talking method so flawless. Without her voicing Hitagi I don't think she would have been quite as memorable and liked character as she is .

Hanazawa Kana as Kuroneko, Sengoku Nadeko, Amano, Touko, and Hanato Kobato these roles defined her cute and lovable voice to me and that she could make it fit to variety of character types and still be a pleasure to listen to .

Itou Kanae as Saten Ruiko, Eris, Elsie, Serizawa Fumino, and Akai Ringo she has a huge range in voice letting her fit a lot of roles and seriously.

Koshimizu Ami as Holo, and Karen Kouzuki two amazing roles pulled off by her .

Ayana Taketatsu as Azu-nyan Nakano, Mio, Kirino, and Kiriya Nozomi

Honorable mentions to Yukari Tamura, Nana Mizuki, Aya Hirano, Rie Kugimaya and Satomi Arai.

Males
:
Tomokazu Sugita as Kyon without him as kyon, I do have to wonder if his rants and inner thoughts in Haruhi could have still been so entertaining.

Yuuichi Nakamaru as Tomoya Ozazaki such a well done character by him, he fit every emotion that Tomoya had during the series very well.

Kamiya Hiroshi as Koyomi Araragi and Otonashi Yuzuru cause he manages to play the hilarious reactions to things so very well.

Jun Fukuyama as Lelouch, Kraft Lawrence, Tama[Lelouch as a cat was soo lulz], Yumichika Ayasegawa, and Taro Sado[him doing a masochist was also very lulz] his voice is great really for male characters, one of my favorites easily.

Suwabe Junichi as Archer, I can't say I know any of his other roles but his role as Archer was just amazing .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 16:41   Link #32
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Male:

Jun Fukuyama- The perfect fallen prince character voice, almost to the point of being type-cast, but at the same time so flexible with roles like Sado from MM! or Grell Sutcliff from Kuroshuji. Has a tendency to overact a bit in some comedic situation, but overall if I need to cast a princely character this guy is the first guy I would call as a director.

Hoshi Souichiro- Versatility comes to mind, his amazing ability to cast as a wimpy character or a manly character really displays his talents. His 'gar-ness' as Sanada Yukimura was so epic I can't help but wonder how does this guy do Kira as well.

Tomokazu Seki- If the perfect fallen prince is Jun, then the perfect 'Yeller' is Tomokazu. Yzak, Sousuke, Domon, even Shinichi in a Shoujo! The guy is the perfect guy for this kind of character, and he can also do 'cool' roles like Rob Lucci or Brandon Heat as well.

Female:

Nana Mizuki- She's one of the best at doing the 'quiet, shy and innocent' characters. I absolutely love her Fate role. She's also a very good singer as well...even though she can only do one style of pop.

Yui Horie- I may be...actually..I am pretty biased here. Love Hina is one of the first anime I watched, not counting all the kid anime like Captain Tsubasa, Doraemon, Sailormoon, and such. So...her role as Naru has been stuck with me since the beginning of time, and her continuous cast as the 'cute' or 'tsundere' girl in different anime (Eri, Ayu, Tohru, Youko, Tsubasa, Yuki), certainly did well to remind me of her talents. The only 'fault' she has is the inability to act in a mad mode, her voice is simply too cute to act 'enraged', you can kinda see that in her role as Fatina. She can voice the heart-wrenching sadness but she's unable to voice 'enraging'.

Aoi Yuki- She's relatively new, but her role as Mina Tepes and Sunako is extremely well-done, a much better loli than the loli-qeen Rie Kugimiya. Her tsundere-ness as Mina, and now Victorique is very...smoothing and not ear-piercing like Rie. I hope she gets more role in the future.
Old 2011-02-04, 02:35   Link #33
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Male

Jun Fukuyama - Lelouch in Code Geass, among others. His voice is so epic. Everyone picks him, but it's not without good reason.

Norio Wakamoto - Most recent and memorable (for me) was his role as Charles di Britannia, Code Geass. However, he's had TONS of roles... so many I can't even remember them all. His incredibly deep voice and way of slurring his words makes ANY role seem grand, regardless of context, whether it be a narrator's role or the main bad guy. My personal favorite male seiyuu.

Katsuyuki Konishi - Kamina from TTGL. Need I say more? His voice made Kamina a paragon of awesome for me.

Female

Yukari Fukui - Nia Teppelin in TTGL, and more recently in the Air Gear OVA as Kururu Sumeragi. I was totally psyched that she was chosen for that role, as I thought her innocent voice was perfect for it.

Aya Hirano - Lucy Heartfilia in Fairy Tail. She can be both serious and sincere, and funny and comical. My personal favorite female seiyuu out of any of the female main characters from the many popular shounen series.

Kikuko Inoue - Kind of a bias vote here. I had a ~mai waifu~ crush on Mizuho Kazami (Onegai Teacher) for the longest time. She plays the sweet wife role REALLY well.
Old 2011-02-04, 03:20   Link #34
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I suppose my favorites would be those that could draw me to a show.

Male-
Masato Hagiwara: Omfg epic voice. He really did make Akagi come to life, and did a good job with Kaiji as well.

Tomokazu Sugita-- No way I could ignore this, as his sarcastic narration brought me back to anime. Also the amusing likable Butler Ronove from Umineko.

Hiroshi Kamiya-- For the oh so awesome Izaya Voice. Also pretty good for the not so cool but evil Shinji from f/sn. There's also Otonashi from Angel Beats where he did a competent job.

Daisuke Ono-- And related for Shizuo, and to a lesser degree for Battler. He seems pretty awesome for the outlandish characters.

Nobuyuki Hiyama-- Well, that's actually one of the few Japanese VAs I could remember at first. Hiei was sooooo awesome.

Female:

Yukari Tamura is by far my favorite VA simply on virtue of voicing some of my favorite anime characters. There's always that cutesy Nanoha/Rika voice or the dead sexy serious voice from the likes of Mai or Bernkastel. Nipah!

Mai Nakahara-- I love her soft spoken characters like Rena or Nagisa, but I also like how she frequently plays characters that just completely freak out and go nuts. Also, Mai Tokiha was probably her best performance for me.

Kana Hanazawa-- Has been making some good impressions later. Mainly the soft spoke quiet time, but then there's also the oh so awesome Kuroneko.

Kotono Mitsuishi-- Service! Service! Of course I love Misato from Evangelion; and funny enough she is also Sailor Moon. And the diabolical Urumi from GTO. There's so much emotion, as these kind roles seem to take a lot of energy. In any case, these performances were just spectacular.

Megumi Ogata-- A bit weird since she tends to voice guys, lol. But she sure does them well. Best example is Kurama, who's man enough to wear pink. Another VA capable of plain epicness or mental breakdowns like Shinji.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 12:51   Link #35
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

lulz, seems like another thread similar to the one I posted a month ago has risen xD

Anyway,
Female:
1. Kugimiya Rie - The main reason on why I slave myself towards being otaku. All the characters she voiced, by far, liked by me (and that's include crazy sadistic Nena.....) So yeah.....

Maybe edit later since time is short.....
Old 2011-02-04, 18:03   Link #36
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Megumi Hyabashira- Ayanami Rei, Faye Valentine
Matsuoka, Yuki- lolfang, Kanaka (staff in shigofumi), Evangeline A.K. Mcdowell
Kuwatani, Natsuko- DESU, Asakara Ryoko
Inoue, Kikuko- Belledandy, Sunae
Horie, Yui- Tohru Honda, Uguuu
Mizuki, Nana- Shinobu (2x2 Shinobuden), Lan Fan
Norio Wakamoto- King Charles di Brittania, Onsokamaru
Old 2011-02-04, 19:57   Link #37
McMilk
*Artist

Female

Sawashiro Miyuki - Like her the most when she does non-serious characters. For example, I'd prefer Aoba Tsugumi from Kannagi over Shinku from Rozen Maiden.

Tomatsu Haruka - Became fascinated by her CRAZY voice range in episode 2 of Kannagi. Now I'd search for the crappiest anime just to hear her voice... She's not a bad singer either. Luckily, we got Monochrome recently!

Noto Mamiko - IS THE BEST when she doesn't play typecast characters. Like her Rin from Mnemosyne no Musumetachi is wayyyy better (IMO) than Kotomi from Clannad or Enma Ai from Jigoku Shoujo etc.

Fukui Yukari - Normally, I don't like seiyuus with squeaky voices... but Nia from TTGL is just too likable, so... No, really, my favorite role from her is actually Oerba Dia Vanille from FF13. Just makes me THAT much happier for not getting the English version...

Sakamoto Maaya - Seriously, she voices the MOST badass characters of all time. Ryougi Shiki from KnK, Aya Brea from 3rd Birthday, Lightning from FF13, Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji, Alphard from Canaan, Nino from Arakawa... even if they're only side characters, they're STILL badass/extremely likable (debatable, but this is, again, IMO): Crona from Soul Eater, Mari Makinami Illustrious from EVA 2.0... I have so much more I want to name, but my point is, she's my favorite seiyuu AND seiyuu-singer of all time. Btw, all the names I mentioned above are my favorite roles of her -__-

Male

Miyano Mamoru - Can't not mention him lol. Actually, rather than Yagami Light, Suou Tamaki, GINGA BISHOUNEN or any of his major roles, I liked Moondoggie from Eureka 7 more than anything else. Mostly because that was when his voice first stood out for me.

Suzumura Kenichi - I like how he can use the same voice for both calm/cool characters with not-so-cool and not-so-calm ones, and still give different personality to those characters. Like Kokutou Mikiya and Shinn Asuka, or even Zack Fair and Hitachiin Hikaru (my favorite role of him).

Tomokazu Sugita - His narration is really the reason I find the story of Haruhi so interesting lol.
Old 2011-02-04, 20:59   Link #38
klare

Nana Mizuki (Oboro in Basilisk, Rin in Rideback, Fate in the Nanoha series and many others) is my top favoruite

Romi Paku (Ed in FMA: Brotherhood, Teressa in Claymore, Hamyuts Meseta in Armed Librarians and all her bossy big sister roles)

Rie Kugimiya (Al in FMA: Brotherhood and her countless tsun chars)

Maaya Sakamoto (Shiki in Kara no Kyoukail, Hitomi in Escaflowne, Alphard in Canaan)

Kana Hanazawa (Tenshi in Angel Beats!, Kuroneko in Ore no Imouto, Tsukiumi in Kuragehime)

as for males, should be Jun Fukuyama (Lelouch Lamperouge in Code Geass, Lawrence in Spice & Wolf)
Old 2011-02-06, 17:51   Link #39
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

List is probably not complete, but I'll give it a shot anyway:

Males:
- Norio Wakamoto (narrator in Hayate no Gotoku, Koujun in Ryofuko-chan)
- Hiroshi Kamiya (Koyomi Araragi in Bakemonogatari, Hiroomi Souma in Working!!)

Females:
- Mamiko Noto (Kotomi Ichinose in CLANNAD, Hecate in Shakugan no Shana[/i])
- Yukari Tamura (Nanoha Takamachi in Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, Yamada in B Gata H Kei)
- Rie Kugimiya (Nagi Sanzen'in in Hayate no Gotoku, Shana in Shakugan no Shana)
- Chiiwa Saito (Rebecca Miyamoto in PaniPoni Dash, Hitagi Senjougahara in Bakemonogatari, Stella in Arakawa under the Bridge)
- Aoi Yuuki (Victorica/Victorique in Gosick, Mina Tepes in Dance in the Vampire Bund)
- Chiaki Omigawa (Maka Albarn in Soul Eater, Hotori Arashiyama in Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru, P-Ko in Arakawa under the Bridge)
-Kana Hanazawa (Kobato Hanato in Kobato., Tenshi/Kanade Tachibana in Angel Beats!, Ruri Gokou/Kuruneko in OreImo
- Eri Kitamura (Rin Kokonoe in Kodomo no Jikan, Eve Neuschwanstein in Needless)
- Nana Mizuki (Fate Testarossa in the Nanoha franchise)

Note that some of these aren't so much their best roles as they are roles I best know them from.
Old 2011-02-07, 17:30   Link #40
minayuri

Top 5 For Female

1.Mariko Kouda (Nayuki Minase, Miki Koishikawa, Shaorin Shugogetten)
2.Megumi Hayashibara (Rei Ayanami, Faye Valentine, Lina Inverse)
3.Junko Iwao (Ceres, Tomoyo Daidouji, Akane Higurashi/Soir)
4.Chisa Yokoyama (Sakura Shinguji, Sasami Masaki Jurai, Lucrezia Noin)
5.Rei Sakuma (Kazumi Amano, Shampoo, Neeya)

Top 5 For Male

1.Ryo Horikawa(Reinhard von Lohengramm, Vegeta, Kou Uraki)
2.Shou Hayami(Maximillian Jenius, Adalbert von Fahrenheit, Sousuke Aizen)
3.Takehito Koyasu(Zechs Merquise, Shinya Aiba, Shigeru Aoba)
4.Ryotaro Okiayu(Treize Khushrenada, Yuu Matsuura, Byakuya Kuchiki)
5.Tomokazu Seki(Sousuke Sagara, Toji Suzuhara, Domon Kasshu)

I love all of these seiyuu, they're all quite talented.
minayuri is offline   Reply With Quote