AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2017-02-28, 23:33   Link #38761
Twi

Hmm... well, I imagine Chrono would be more formal as a Ferret. If I had to rehash the plot of the first series, I could see Chrono making him arrive on time, do some strict training, and in general force Yuuno out of his daily life by putting the mission first, only for it to cause a rift that makes him feel its his responsibility before they reconnect.

Speaking of which, when is the last time Chrono has appeared in canon material?
Old 2017-03-01, 02:10   Link #38762
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Speaking of which, when is the last time Chrono has appeared in canon material?
I think it was in the StrikerS in the last episode. I don't think he appeared in Force and he certainly did not appear in ViVid.

Frankly I'm kind of having trouble imagining Chrono as a ferret, and I'm not sure why. The rod up his ass and the veiled or not so veiled insults at Yunno's expense would be coming more often.
Would he be with the TSAB or is he mostly taking Yunno's role and be an interested civilian. Because if he is with TSAB, the question might be why is he not summoning backup and I don't know how he would feel about seeking out unknowing non-Administered world civilians to help him. That doesn't really sound like something Chrono would do given his background.

Would Yunno's opponent still be Fate? Or a sad (impossible) Nanoha seeking Jewled Seeds on Mmomoko's taking so Shiro can be revived? Fate would then take the Chrono's position?

It could be made work I guess. It all depends on the tone. If you go for serious drama you might get less leeway than if your are using the concept to parody the characters.
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 16:55   Link #38763
4th Dimension

It's page 1417 and I have to say I allmost forgot how much I love the
Daily Activity Log of Officers F. Testarossa and N. Takamachi and it finally updated again.
It's basically an AU set in normal Uminari where our familiar RF6 characters are not mages but police officers in Uminari PD, but most of the plot is about showing flanderized Nanoha and Fate being the buddy cop duo. Of course Fate is the straight laced by the book one while Nanoha is only barely restrained loose cannon (often carrying a cannon). Nanoha even reminds me of Max from Sam & Max at times.
It's really funny and fun and at times endearing.

Which is kind of suprising considering who wrote the fic. It was a collaboration between the RadiantBeam and deathcurse both of which weren't really known for happy fics. In fact the joke back in the day was that RB fed on angst inflicted on the characters in fics. DC meanwhile was writing his Crime Never Sleeps fic set in RB's Shadowverse Nanoha AU, which involved Hayate and Auris engaging in plots within plots and dirty plays between Auris and Hayate during a highly public trial of a minor over her revenge killing and with the prize being control over TSAB sponsored "wet work" section.
Crime Never Sleeps isn't really my cup of tea, too much moral relativism in my opinion, and I'm not a great fan of Angst but I did like the Daily Activity Log a LOT.

BTW, at the same time other things were happening:
Nanya is "currently" (if we define curent as December 2010) running a Slayers Nanoha crossover where it turns out Momoko is Lina. Never watched the Slayers and I am not a great fan of the crossover itself but judging by the response of the thread it's good so I thought of sharing/reminding people. I'm posting the fanfiction link here
Blood that Flows ... SWEET JESUS!!! He wrote 330! chapters of this, AND the last update is from December of 2016.... I... I... don't know what to say.
NorthernFallout aka AtomicoX tended to came in once in a while to post one of his horror themed fics. I'm putting the link to his inkwell here since he doesn't have a fanfiction page and I'm not reading those stories since I don't like Horror, but judging by the responses some were quite good for shorts. The Arachnids in the Dark
There were other shorts and such going on, including alternate pairings often well done, most of which were quite good or excellent. Hell I just read a humorous short by 00-Raiser Spot on Santa's List and that did more with Numbers and how they feel about their actions than the entire series did. And it's a short.
Old 2017-03-01, 18:06   Link #38764
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Nanya's last update was posted December of last year, actually, not in 2010--that was when he published it to Fanfiction.net. He doesn't post updates here anymore, however.
Old 2017-03-01, 18:09   Link #38765
4th Dimension

Actually I did say December 2016. I was just remarking that the length is frankly ridiculous. But it apparently struk chord with some people since it was written for so long.
Old 2017-03-01, 18:16   Link #38766
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Ah, I was looking at your "define current as 2010" remark.
Old 2017-03-01, 18:25   Link #38767
4th Dimension

Which is also true. I am going through the thread slowly and am somewhere around Christmas of 2010. But when I give links to fics longer than one post I like to give fanfiction links. I don't read the fics there, I like to take it slow along the thread audience and see their reactions too and there are loads of great shorts not published elsewhere too, but someone not going through a 2000 page thread, i.e. not insane, might not want to bother looking up posts, so I give them a link to the location where the entire story is.
Old 2017-03-01, 21:30   Link #38768
Twi

That reminds me, I should actually get back to writing my Yuuno fic. I just need to think of how to deal with a magical archaeological survey. I kind of think of the scene in Tales of Zestria where they find the ruins and deduce its a lab.
Old 2017-03-23, 10:08   Link #38769
4th Dimension

I have been remiss in my duties of notifying you of nifty things that I escavate from the ancient ruins of this thread.
I'm at page 1496 and the date is 20th of March 2011. So I'm getting closer to the time of the great dieoff.
Anyway things do seem to be furhter slowing down. Currently only long running things updating are Material Days and Nanya's Slayers Crossover and Kaijo is close to finishing the Future Imperfect but seemingly keeps getting banned so is not around. There are quite a few regulars (Radiant Beam, Raiser, DeathCurse etc.) but they don't seem to be writing as much. So I don't have much to show.
What I can point at as interesting are two multipart fics.

The first one is by deathcurse and it's Blood Calls for Blood. It's a sort of re-imagining of the first season with a slight twist. Going into it more would spoil it. I'll just say that things aren't as they appear and this fic is unlike DC's other work in the Logs and more along her actual reputation at time.

Second fic is false light by synaesthetic. It's part of the Radiant Beam's Shadoverse AU of Nanoha (the divergence happens slowly after StrikerS). Since it's a Shadows story it's a spy thriller in part but then it morphs into a proper high octane magical battle during the finale. The plot revolves around an OC member of Shadows that gets framed and is on the run from TSAB superiors while she tries to figure out what is happening. It snowballs from there. Don't let the fact that OC is sort of protagonist, it's a good OC and the protagonist ticket is shared with Lutecia who is the protagonist of the Stadowverse in the first place. Since this takes place in it in the distant year 88 (Vivio is 19 for example) and the Shadowverse was started long before Vivid really took off things are off from what you might expect given the stupid introduced by Force and Vivid. For one Vivio, who has a role to play in this (and is LuLu's girlfriend) and participates in the final assault, is not a pushover they made her into in Vivid and is not into strike arts but is a cadet in TSAB I think and works part time in Infinity Library. So be warned there.
Anyway as I said the thriller part is pretty good and while I don't like the part that happened on Earth, IMO Earth is a backwater of no consequence and should be treated as such (think how often a let's say subsaharan African nation figures into global politics), all in all it's a great fic.
Also as I said while Shadowverse is different from what you might expect, I never read the mainline Shadowverse fics and was able to figure things out from context.

I wanted to mention something else, but I forgot. Eh, it will come back to me.
Old 2017-03-25, 07:42   Link #38770
lyrical dark mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
That reminds me, I should actually get back to writing my Yuuno fic. I just need to think of how to deal with a magical archaeological survey. I kind of think of the scene in Tales of Zestria where they find the ruins and deduce its a lab.
wait you are doing a fanfiction of Yuuno? that's unexpected most people don't do fanfictions of the male mages in this series. I'd like to read more fanfictions about Yuuno and chrono it's a shame there aren't a lot of them
lyrical dark mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-25, 07:49   Link #38771
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyrical dark mage View Post
wait you are doing a fanfiction of Yuuno? that's unexpected most people don't do fanfictions of the male mages in this series. I'd like to read more fanfictions about Yuuno and chrono it's a shame there aren't a lot of them
Yeah that is rare now. There aren't really many male characters and certain parts of the fandom are dogmatic about enforcing yuri and for some reason hate him. Then again as my excavations show this thread used to be a rare oasis where such fics did not cause for the writer to be tarred and feathered. Example: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5561324/1/Searching_Hearts
Old 2017-03-25, 08:01   Link #38772
lyrical dark mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Yeah that is rare now. There aren't really many male characters and certain parts of the fandom are dogmatic about enforcing yuri and for some reason hate him. Then again as my excavations show this thread used to be a rare oasis where such fics did not cause for the writer to be tarred and feathered. Example: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5561324/1/Searching_Hearts
yeah that's something I hate which is why in my fanfiction while it's not based on them they do have important parts in it, in fact my goal is to have most of the characters have an important role. athough a lot of fans will dislike it for "pairing" reasons
Old 2017-03-25, 08:04   Link #38773
4th Dimension

Ehh, I too sometimes find it ridiculius some of the pairs people make because they want EVERYBODY to have a significant other and of course OCs that are just there to be the boyfriend/girlfriend are out.
Old 2017-03-25, 08:05   Link #38774
lyrical dark mage

although i do remember seeing 2 fanfictions one was about Yuuno and the other was about chrono, the Yuuno fanfiction is amazing I haven't read much of the chrono one though which is funny because chrono's actually my favorite character
Old 2017-03-25, 08:08   Link #38775
lyrical dark mage

Quote:
Ehh, I too sometimes find it ridiculius some of the pairs people make because they want EVERYBODY to have a significant other and of course OCs that are just there to be the boyfriend/girlfriend are out.
my fanfiction has ocs but while I did pair them with canon characters they do have other roles of course i am okay with ocs as long as they actually do something and not just be there to be paired with a character
Old 2017-03-25, 09:31   Link #38776
4th Dimension

If they are characters first in their own right that is fine. What is less then fine is if their primary thing is being a significant other. And to do that takes time which needs to be dedicated to them.
Old 2017-03-26, 13:58   Link #38777
lyrical dark mage

Quote:
If they are characters first in their own right that is fine. What is less then fine is if their primary thing is being a significant other. And to do that takes time which needs to be dedicated to them.
I agree, I almost forgot there was a Fanfiction where was about how chrono's view of admiral graham changed when he learned of his plan to seal hayate forever to stop the book of darkness and the method he used. Will make sure to post it here later
Old 2017-04-15, 07:39   Link #38778
4th Dimension

When I Think About Flying - While NanoFate is not my thing, I like this one quite a bit. It's a Fate's retrospective on the time skip time and challenges of parenting. As I said quite good.

I forgot to add this little gem back when I read it initially:
Echoes of the Past It's basically Fate's first job as a real Enforcer told mostly through the eyes of her older partner Enforcer who was assigned to "babysit" the prodigy.
Old 2017-04-25, 20:11   Link #38779
lyrical dark mage

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8891379...ing-Perception
here it is, this is a fanfiction about how Chrono changed his impression of admiral Gil Graham
Old 2017-04-26, 01:35   Link #38780
4th Dimension

I did not yet read it in it's entirty, but the Prologue blew me out of it since the premisse is incorrect. Gil Graham did not resign in disgrace. They even note that the only thing they could charge him would be unlawful hacking of some systems. While I'm not so sure about that, the fact of the matter is Gill Graham was retired for his involvement in BoD incident.

And he was retired and not jailed because people in charge including Chrono understood his intentions were never to "activate a Lost Logia for his own ends", but put a stop to it's rampage in an ruthless manner which he saw as his only solution.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha