Notices

Old 2010-04-15, 05:28   Link #321
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 03:
Old 2010-04-15, 06:58   Link #322
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I think I'm going to stop watching this series by ep5.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 08:02   Link #323
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
-The F22's won't fire so close to the thing. That's just dumb.

-Same with the Apache's, their usual engagement range is from more than 1Km away.

-It appears that only Joey's controller have shields, if only to have a reason for him to get close.

-What those cocoon things the mooks get reduced to are still unexplained.

-If Psy's legs are good enough for him to ride on that mini cycle and launch himself to the ground why is he still using stretchers?

Last edited by Hypernova; 2010-04-15 at 08:31.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 09:28   Link #324
Jarmel

I'm guessing the song in the PV is probably going to be the second OP, that's the only thing that makes sense unless it's going to be one of the BGMs in a final epic battle. I'm really hoping this show starts to open up some and show something unique or atleast not generic in the next few episodes or I'm not making it through all 26 episodes.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 10:00   Link #325
Nosauz

Ahh this reminds me of power rangers/super sentai shows where only the special guy can kill the mooks with a punch to the chest. Seriously though heroman is like a mecha version of hellboy but has blue flames coming out instead of red fire. Actually the more Ithink about it the more the dichotomy seems to be apparent. I might just be reading into it.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 10:13   Link #326
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The most unreasonable thing in this episode is that fast a response by the military. What do they think this is 'Grand Theft Auto?' Guess the aliens did enough damage to the regular police to boost up their danger rating . The planes I can see, but where the heck were those tanks to get there that fast? Though really this episode was turning right into Independence Day with the ineffective missiles against the ship. Hopefully the President has watched the movie so he can avoid nuking the city.

Plus yeah Will is a pretty incredible idiot. Shouldn't be too long before he gets sucked into the alien technology and somehow becomes Heroman's nemesis.
Old 2010-04-15, 11:36   Link #327
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"America Banzai !"

Never thought I'd hear this in an anime. Episode was alright I guess, but as I said before, I can't really see myself watching 23 more eps of this. Banana hair is really getting on my nerves.

Last edited by Kanon; 2010-04-15 at 13:12. Reason: fixed ep count
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 13:03   Link #328
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
The most unreasonable thing in this episode is that fast a response by the military.
Just watched it, and was unimpressed...Great animation as usual, especially in the action scenes, but I think that's probably the only thing it's got going for them. The rest of the episode is not only predictable, but boring. Also, Will is getting even more annoying. I agree with most of you said, they really need to make it more interesting to make me excited in watching the rest of 23 episodes (I think?).
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 14:31   Link #329
tsunade666

the animation is top notch. As expected of BONES. But really girly face and wimpy Joey is really getting on my nerves. And the control roulette looks like automatic that can stand on its own. The only thing he can do is deploy barrier around heroman. I wish things turn for better. And in episode three is it just me or I just so a super saiyan their. Instead of yellow hair its electricity.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 16:22   Link #330
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

My biggest problem with this weeks episode is the very slow pacing which would have killed the episode if it wasn't for the great Heroman scene. That could easily change in coming episode, so i've got nothing against it yet.
Old 2010-04-15, 18:49   Link #331
Nosauz

you people are lot more forgiving then me. I just feel like I've seen this done to death. At least it's pretty right?
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 19:45   Link #332
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
-The F22's won't fire so close to the thing. That's just dumb.

-Same with the Apache's, their usual engagement range is from more than 1Km away.

-It appears that only Joey's controller have shields, if only to have a reason for him to get close.

-What those cocoon things the mooks get reduced to are still unexplained.

-If Psy's legs are good enough for him to ride on that mini cycle and launch himself to the ground why is he still using stretchers?
I really thought that with some American involvement in this series it would have at least portrayed the military a bit more realistic, I mean come on, the F-22's have ground attack capabilities too, or better yet why didn't they use the F-16 Block D or the Strike Eagle, I know the F-22 is the hottest, most expensive fighter right now but poor choice of aircraft. The F-22's should definitely have out of sight firing range, so yeah, no way they should have went so close.

And those tanks, WTF? What's the difference between a HEAT/Sabot/Depleted Uranium round and a Heroman fist? If a simple punch can cocoon the 'roaches, why the hell can't a round using pretty much kinetic energy not even cause a scratch? Oh I get it, Heroman is alien... -_-*

And the Apaches. My my, they operated the same way they did in Dragon War. I'm not even going to talk about the animation error with the disappearing Hellfire missiles, but really, did they disappear just to leave the plot hole of why they didn't fire it in the first place? ~___~

Heroman with hair was even more of a let down. I was expecting something grand, but... an even more powerful punch? Is that all he has? Melee moves? He's not going to get very far with just that...next we'll see him bicycle-kicking.

I only wanted to watch this series for the laughs, but I wasn't laughing when episode 02 faded to the credits and I definitely wasn't laughing this time around. I don't even know if I can keep this up.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 20:56   Link #333
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

This is a kid's title. They're not going to care about the technicalities as long as things explode nicely and the action is fun. You guys need to seriously chill.

I loved this ep. Kamehameha!
Old 2010-04-15, 20:59   Link #334
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Super Seiya mode is awesome for me
But yeah the "this-is-lame" feeling is getting stronger... But once again i still have the feeling things will have drastic turn after 15-17 eps... This is BONES afterall...

And the OP hint' that...
Old 2010-04-15, 21:50   Link #335
Jarmel

@mangatron

Relax. I highly doubt that they have a US military expert on hand to look this stuff up. Very very few anime series in general portray weapons or military vehicles accurately.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 23:26   Link #336
AlaAlba

just started this one today
so.... can someone tell me what was that "mysterious lightning" in episode 1 that turned the lame heybo to a super lame heroman?
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 00:12   Link #337
tsunade666

isn't it due to the space ship of the alien? When it warp out of the atmosphere of earth the red colored shock. Shock the system of earth causing haywire of the nature and their you go a thunderstorm. And it just had to happen girly face joey left his room open for thunder to hit in.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 00:25   Link #338
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
@mangatron

Relax. I highly doubt that they have a US military expert on hand to look this stuff up. Very very few anime series in general portray weapons or military vehicles accurately.
My beef isn't about the lack of technical explanations, but rather the simple stuff, like that Apache not using its there-not-there missile's, or why a punch can defeat a roach but not a tank (whose common perception is it being a destroyer of hard targets), they could at least show a roach losing a limb or so. But then I should probably keep thinking this series is the same as that 1998 Godzilla film where the "gunships" used an air-to-air missile against a ground target, or like in NGE where the UN was pretty much useless. Yeah, that seemed to have worked the last time, what's the difference laming out now...that or the roaches have some sort of anti-ballistics force field. Yeah... yippey ki yay for imagination. I'll just keep thinking the budget this episode was cheap.

And then I probably need to think that this is probably a kids show, where an old man like me is just irritated at the stuff a kid doesn't learn till 20 years later...But that's just...wrong. What kid doesn't know what a tank is these days...

Next thing I'm wondering about, is if there is a world outside of the USA in this series. Surely the Skrugg aren't going to settle for just West Coast City, right?
Old 2010-04-16, 00:31   Link #339
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
you people are lot more forgiving then me. I just feel like I've seen this done to death. At least it's pretty right?
Of course it's done to death, but you don't get many high budget old school styled action cartoons these days so personally I'll take what I can get. To me, this is rather fun to watch. I'm not sure what others are expecting out of this...the next Eva? More blood and gore? Sexual undertones, pantie flashes, loli's? Should Joey have an out of place eye patch and crazy hair while lecturing to alien invaders from another planet about their differences in philosophy? Honestly those things are just as done to death as anything in Heroman.

I guess I just don't understand why people feel the need to complain about something that is clearly not trying to be anything but what it is - an action show for kids.
Old 2010-04-16, 03:11   Link #340
mangatron

You are probably happy to know that there were even less lines overall in episode 03. This keeps up, we won't have to go through an angsty Joey

Now imagine the horror if Heroman speaks regularly

Tags
bones, mecha