AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-11-25, 15:31   Link #1821
KLGChaos
The Shermain

@frubam: My post came off sounding harsher than I intended, but I blame it on the frustration I feel at this chapter. Felt the author brought up this type of scenario way too soon after things were finally going good. Would have preferred a few chapters of things settling down before ruining everything so quickly... Especially with a cliched misunderstanding.
Old 2010-11-26, 09:29   Link #1822
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
You know, I'm starting to get really fed up with Yuki's misunderstandings. If she gets another one after this, I'm dropping this series. I mean, nothing against the series itself but it's just getting so repetitive when you have the same kind of scenario over and over. It happened already with that co-worker girl and now this. Yuki just isn't normal because she always has to make assumptions on her own without asking Utsumi anything, as if she already knows what's going on. One more time and I'll give up on reading this.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 15:37   Link #1823
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
You know, I'm starting to get really fed up with Yuki's misunderstandings. If she gets another one after this, I'm dropping this series. I mean, nothing against the series itself but it's just getting so repetitive when you have the same kind of scenario over and over. It happened already with that co-worker girl and now this. Yuki just isn't normal because she always has to make assumptions on her own without asking Utsumi anything, as if she already knows what's going on. One more time and I'll give up on reading this.
Glad i'm not the only one. Its getting depressing having to re-read the same scenarios over and over again. Although i won't have the guts to drop this manga .
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 02:37   Link #1824
KLGChaos
The Shermain

New chapter is out in raw form...

Spoiler:
Old 2010-12-01, 03:03   Link #1825
Rainrir
Tin Can

For those that think 60 is a "stupid misunderstanding"...

Spoiler:

Does noone read my posts?

Also 61 is a breather chapter, more abuse incoming in 62...
Rainrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 04:26   Link #1826
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainrir View Post
For those that think 60 is a "stupid misunderstanding"...

Spoiler:

Does noone read my posts?

Also 61 is a breather chapter, more abuse incoming in 62...
Spoiler for The misunderstanding:
Old 2010-12-01, 06:14   Link #1827
Rainrir
Tin Can

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-12-01, 06:29   Link #1828
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-12-01, 20:25   Link #1829
Rainrir
Tin Can

Quote:
Even so, she is rather quick to close it considering what happened. I agree that her insecurity is a manifestation of her past but this doesn't excuse the way she questioned Utsumi and the way she told him where she had really been (i.e. standing outside the room). Because of the way she phrased what she said, she made it sound like she had actually been inside the room rather than outside. Obviously, Utsumi would also misunderstand and think she had been there with him while he was unconscious.
That wasn't even the point of her question. Her question hinted that she might have saw something she doesn't like. While she was being indirect, Utsumi was kinda dense to not detecting anything at all. This is where he needs to learn about Yuki's personality more.

Quote:
He wouldn't have thought she caught him hugging Shou, as would no other normal man. To me, it sounds like she was hoping for an evasive answer to further feed her insecurity so she could close her heart again easier. Considering the previous event with the junior girl (keep forgetting her name), she should've known better than to think Utsumi was doing it with other girls and ask him more directly. Instead, she decides to make conclusions for herself because she doesn't know how exactly to deal with it.
Utsumi stopped dead after mentioning Shou. Regardless of what whether he was trying to tell a white lie or didn't think it is important, this is hardly ressuring to Yuiki. As my exmaple pointed out, it looks like evasion to a reasonable person who only saw what Yuki saw. Do not forget that she is the one losing sleep over this AND she was visibly distressed when she saw that scene.

This was hard on her as well. I do not think "Yuki wants let go". Yuki is COMPELLED to do so by her own past and personality. Unlike Risa, Utsumi once loved Shou. Unlike Risa, this time around she saw things with her own eyes, not by some inferrence. Yes, Yuki doesn't know how to deal with it. Instead of "QQ"ing about how Yuki doesn't confirm everything like some robot, you need to understand that her emotional problems prevent her from doing the "rational" thing and take things more seriously than it should be. This is the part of her character that needs to grow, and this is not the same as her problems before today.

So how on earth is it cyclic or random or stupid again (this is the original charge by a majority of the people here)? It is clearly not the author's fault if noone sees the subtle changes in the course of the storyline. Not every "change" or "epiphany" needs to be spelt out like some battle manga "upgrade". It was obvious to me that this is clearly a different problem from what Utsumi encountered from the start (which is Yuki's aversion to relationships).
Old 2010-12-02, 09:20   Link #1830
kanon78
Confederate

Quote:
Unlike Risa, Utsumi once loved Shou. Unlike Risa, this time around she saw things with her own eyes, not by some inferrence. Yes, Yuki doesn't know how to deal with it. Instead of "QQ"ing about how Yuki doesn't confirm everything like some robot, you need to understand that her emotional problems prevent her from doing the "rational" thing and take things more seriously than it should be. This is the part of her character that needs to grow, and this is not the same as her problems before today.

So how on earth is it cyclic or random or stupid again (this is the original charge by a majority of the people here)? It is clearly not the author's fault if noone sees the subtle changes in the course of the storyline. Not every "change" or "epiphany" needs to be spelt out like some battle manga "upgrade". It was obvious to me that this is clearly a different problem from what Utsumi encountered from the start (which is Yuki's aversion to relationships).
I think your post says it all. I don't get this antipathy against Yuki's behaviour either, which is deeply rooted in her scarred past where betrayel had a major impact on her (love) life.
Even if she mellowed down towards Utsumi to the point that she doesn't shy away from being intimate with him (kissing) and told him she was ready to hear his confession.
A couple of chapters ago when Yuki told Shou that she couldn't help her with Utsumi is a radical change (first step towards leaving the mistful doubts of her insecurities and fear for betrayel) for Kurokawa if you consider how she set utsumi and Shou up for a date (some chapters before) when she was supposed tot come along with them. At that point she still wasn't able to be honest to herself, obviously hiding behind the (false) idea she was helping both Shou and Utsumi. For her to trust Utsumi that much to go this far with him (accepting his confession(s) and being intimate) is a major achievement for both Yuki and Utsumi, only he doesn't have any clue (because he's still in the dark about waht happened to Yuki).
the way Yuki reacted when she saw Utsumi and Shou together melted all these feelings and bad memories together.
kanon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 19:16   Link #1831
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Ok I read Chapter 62
And Yuki is a girl who will never move on in her life. She's unstable and very much traumatized. But it doesn't mean that she has to lie on her own feelings. I think Utsumi should go on and take Shou instead than wasting time to Yuki who doesn't even want to let go of her past. You see, Utsumi bounced back from heartbreak after heartbreak. (Shou's and Yuki's fault). But he's not afraid to love again. Yuki should learn this.
Major lesson for Yuki to understand: You can never move on if you can't let go of your past.
Advice for Utsumi: Better let go of this girl if you don't want any more trouble. There are many girls out there fighting over you. But if you really want to fight for your so-called "love one", better take masochistic lessons from Sado Tarou, then go into battle like Touma's willingness to follow Index in hell.
Old 2010-12-17, 20:38   Link #1832
Cream

Its called going after what you want Yuki , stop worrying about anything else. Stop assuming things and learn to just ask about them. Its really not that hard , jesus christ.

Repeat repeat repeat repeat , thats all this manga is.
Why do i keep reading it , ffs.
Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 20:50   Link #1833
ZODDGUTS

What she needs is a psychologist to deal with her issues, but that's not gonna happen because in Japan and other asian countries look down on people that get psychology help.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 21:28   Link #1834
n0c0ntr0l

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
What she needs is a psychologist to deal with her issues, but that's not gonna happen because in Japan and other asian countries look down on people that get psychology help.
Quoted for the Truth

Yuki has some serious issues that cause her to lash out at the slightest hint of trouble. Utsumi didn't do anything wrong. She didn't walk in on them kissing or having sex. It was just a hug. Her paranoia is unjustified. But what is worse, much much worse, is the way in which she just stabbed Utsumi in the heart. She went out of her way to choose the most hurtful words possible and said it to him to get rid of him. If he gives up, he has noone to blame but herself. In fact if Shou goes out of her way to let Yuki know that Utsumi was rejecting her there and Yuki comes begging for forgiveness even then Utsumi should kick her out on the curb and tell her to come back when she really has fixed her issues.
n0c0ntr0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 21:44   Link #1835
Solecs

I think Utsumi was dumb in the confrontation as well. Bringing up the other guy again was pretty stupid of him. Not to say Yuki doesn't have her issues, but Utsumi wasn't helping matters.

It was pretty obvious something happened between the night they got locked out and when they left camp, so it should have been obvious that it was in the confines of camp. The other guy shouldn't have been an issue, Utsumi is just obsessed with him it seems. Neither side really handled the situation well.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 23:34   Link #1836
scrumly1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
I think Utsumi was dumb in the confrontation as well. Bringing up the other guy again was pretty stupid of him. Not to say Yuki doesn't have her issues, but Utsumi wasn't helping matters.

It was pretty obvious something happened between the night they got locked out and when they left camp, so it should have been obvious that it was in the confines of camp. The other guy shouldn't have been an issue, Utsumi is just obsessed with him it seems. Neither side really handled the situation well.
Utsumi's problem is he is immature, Yuki's problems are pathological. It might be best for him to get some more character growth before they try again. But the girl does seriously need help.
scrumly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 01:25   Link #1837
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Its called going after what you want Yuki , stop worrying about anything else. Stop assuming things and learn to just ask about them. Its really not that hard , jesus christ.

Repeat repeat repeat repeat , thats all this manga is.
Why do i keep reading it , ffs.
I said the same thing, not too long ago lol. I enjoy the series but the author reuses the same plot device too often. In fact it's nearly the only plot device he uses to cause conflict with the characters
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 02:54   Link #1838
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This manga is afraid of itself.

"OH SHIT, THEY'VE BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP FOR TWO CHAPTERS, QUICK INTRODUCE SOME DRAMA".

Seriously now, I think this series was better than that.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 03:20   Link #1839
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Well at least its still better than Kimi no Iru lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-18, 04:44   Link #1840
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Doesn't matter who's at fault here - They're both teenagers and therefore bound to be stupid and immature.

However, the plot is what's flawed. How many times did we have the Yuki backing off > Utsu saying something about Touru > quarrel route? Right, way too many times.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi