AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-08, 04:28   Link #1
ShiroiRyu

Koimoku

From our Im Dal Young, who a lot of people know. XD
It's the story who will take the place of UxU after this one ended.
For the story : Big breasted chick, one assistant mangaka and a chapter with a full of Lulz.
To draw better cute girls, i have to lose my virginity to my female editor.
Old 2011-06-08, 23:29   Link #2
Shadow5YA

I just read chapter 1, and wow, that was quite a start.

I think I caught some areolae and nipple on the first page.

Also, I was surprised that it wasn't the same illustrator that Im Dal Young always uses.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2011-06-09 at 00:05.
Old 2011-06-09, 00:28   Link #3
Aesthetic Shampoo

Strong start, but damn, i hate retard guys like him who despair over every little thing and believe anyone's words without even checking credibility. Another stupid MC in a good manga i guess.
Old 2011-06-09, 00:47   Link #4
Johnny
Working the bags...

Ruts female after she gives in to the typical Dal female role, or MC notices blood after the start of said rut and goes all emo9000, again...
Old 2011-06-09, 01:40   Link #5
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Uh oh, it's him again (Dal Young). I kinda mean that in a neutral way, what with how those various recent works of his eventually turned out to be. Sigh... on a lighter note, I'm just going to comment the Joker at Crazy's Manga:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKjoker
rather than that what you guys shouldbe pointing out is the subject, another mangaka editor romance thing, even hentai is doing those, why is it so popular ? are they feeling lonely?
(Actually I'm laughing at the hentai part )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
To draw better cute girls, i have to lose my virginity to my female editor.
LAWL this part made me laugh too. I don't even think it was funny to start it this way, either. Now about that part where he managed to rip her clothes apart, how the heck, was she wearing paper? In all the years I've admired Hulk Hogan's shirt ripping ability, I've never managed to do that with a good shirt
Old 2011-06-09, 06:13   Link #6
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Why does Im Dal Young always make his male protagonist to be so pathetic? Good start though.
Old 2011-06-09, 07:44   Link #7
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
so this is what i get when Im Dal Young reads Bakuman anyways good chap
Old 2011-06-09, 07:45   Link #8
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone
Why does Im Dal Young always make his male protagonist to be so pathetic? Good start though.
Eh, while they can be pathetic at some levels those guys at least had the pride or the power to back themselves up. Aflame Inferno's guy maybe a bit of a cockblocker but at least he had pride.

If this is Im Dal Young's answer to Bakuman and Japanese otaku then he really really needs to go back to finishing his other series rather than doing this shit. The first chapter alone has enough lolangst to sustain a whole Bakuman arc without all the hot-blooded fun. Rather than genuine conflicts of interest we get this villainous BS. Rather than authors and editors each in their own way struggling blindly forward to glory we get the world-against-poor-me act that could have come out of some frustrated hipster's pen, not Mister Im Dal Young, the popular author.

iDislike.
Old 2011-06-09, 11:36   Link #9
Shadow5YA

When most mangaka run out of ideas, they take a break for "research" like Akamatsu.

When Im Dal Young runs out of ideas, he goes to a different series and pretends his other ones don't exist.
Old 2011-06-11, 20:17   Link #10
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I look forward to this actually. But I wish the guy finished up his other stuff like UxU, Orihime and Freezing.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2011-06-12, 03:38   Link #11
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I look forward to this actually. But I wish the guy finished up his other stuff like UxU, Orihime and Freezing.
It's become a bit of a bad rep for him nowadays. Thinking about it, I don't even remember a single Dal Young work that I have finished... something about it starting okay, but then somewhere near the end something went wrong

Anyways, is there some more information regarding Koimoku? Like is it weekly or monthly?
Old 2011-06-12, 03:54   Link #12
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Anyways, is there some more information regarding Koimoku? Like is it weekly or monthly?
Most likely Bi-monthly, since it's taking UxU spot in the magazine once it's completed.
Old 2011-06-12, 04:26   Link #13
mangatron

Oh, bi-monthly. If that's the case, is it safe to say I won't look forward to the ending?

There was that common joke about One Piece, where our grandchildren will be the only ones who see the ending . The difference is, at least it's pumped out regularly, using this joke for Dal Young's works is more negative
Old 2011-06-12, 06:27   Link #14
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Gotta appeal to he's Japanese readers.
Old 2011-06-12, 18:41   Link #15
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Most likely Bi-monthly, since it's taking UxU spot in the magazine once it's completed.
If it's replacing UxU when that finishes, then why is the first Koimoku chapter already out?
Old 2011-06-12, 18:53   Link #16
Xagzan

Because it's Im Dal Young
Old 2011-06-12, 19:31   Link #17
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

I doubt I'll follow this regurlarly, especially knowing who's behind the story... rather strong woman in a high job position... another of IDY's objects of dangerous emasculation that is going to get minced through whatever angst plot he comes up with.

I didn't think the first chapter to be funny either. There was just a single moment of comical relief and for the first chapter to already end on a drama cliffhanger? meh ...

Even though UxU has become really weak lately I don't see this one to be a proper replacement (for me). In my book he hasn't come up with a good romance plot since the first 60-70 chapters of UxU.

I wish I am proven wrong and this turns out to be a, compared to IDY standards, light-hearted series but seeing how the first chapter fared I kinda doubt it.
Old 2011-06-14, 18:37   Link #18
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
New Stuff already happened in the next chapter...

Spoiler for Stuff:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2011-06-15, 04:01   Link #19
ShiroiRyu

I think he began already before UxU finish.
Hey, it's Im Dal Young, he doing a lot of series who continue in same time. XD
Anyways, that was a better chapter 2 than chapter 1. ^^
Old 2011-06-15, 06:26   Link #20
Aesthetic Shampoo

*Reads chapter 2*

I can see this becoming a monthly dose of adrenaline booster already.
Closed Thread

Tags
ecchi