Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-29, 01:16   Link #901
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post

I see that many suggest Yukio's frustration stems from his inability to protect his brother but I wonder about that. Yes, his frustration is partly due to that but I think there's more. He keeps thinking about the small flash of blue power that rose from his blood (and there's that dark marking on his arm). Maybe Yukio is actually afraid he's becoming like Rin, harbouring Satan's power. Maybe he feels that if he can protect his brother, then he is powerful enough to overcome the changes that are occurring within him. But since he is failing, his fear of himself is growing. I wonder, if in the end, Rin may have to fight Yukio - if Yukio does indeed change as the series is hinting.

And his grandfather? Is that his grandfather from his mother's or father's side? He looks human...maybe his mother's?
Yukio is not as strong enough of a container like Rin so in reality he is weaker. Those markings on his arm is proof. (Rin has no such markings.) He'll prob die like everyone did when they were possessed by Satan.

Yukio just benefited from early training which Rin never got. Rin was kept in the dark.

If Yukio is having daily exams, how come no one has found those spots yet?
Old 2011-08-29, 14:43   Link #902
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yukio is not as strong enough of a container like Rin so in reality he is weaker. Those markings on his arm is proof. (Rin has no such markings.) He'll prob die like everyone did when they were possessed by Satan.

Yukio just benefited from early training which Rin never got. Rin was kept in the dark.

If Yukio is having daily exams, how come no one has found those spots yet?
Oh, so he had those markings on his arm all along? For some reason, I must have missed that in previous episodes and only noticed it now - so I thought it only recently appeared. I guess he's fearing that he may die if Satan's powers appear in him; is that why he constantly goes for a check-up (aside from other reasons by the Vatican). Well, it looks like he may be doing some of the check-ups himself (such as the blood drops in the test tube), which could be why no one spotted those markings or maybe those markings just means he's not the real vassel so no one really cares about it.

Hmm, if Yukio does indeed fear his death...that would further explain his frustration for being weaker than Rin. I just don't think his frustration is solely due to his inability to protect Rin...I think it's much more personal. I think Yukio underestimates his brother too much and struggles with his problems alone without Rin's help (isn't Rin the elder?...or the younger twin?...can't remember). He should realize that Rin is very well capable...and two heads (especially twins' heads) are better than one.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 15:09   Link #903
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
(isn't Rin the elder?...or the younger twin?...can't remember)
Rin is the older twin. Although the subs I watch always have Yukio calling Rin "Rin", in reality Yukio calls him "niisan" because Rin's the older brother.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 11:11   Link #904
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

So, is this series going to the full 50-52 with original content or not?

This can still turn into the prologue for the manga story arc following the squire camp very easily. But this Egin fellow kind of threw a screw ball.

It looks like they may actually go FMA first series on this.

I always thought Yukio would go angelic and that's why he was so weak, because he inherited the side of the devil that was once an angel... he'd turn into some form of Nephilim. I think the manga could go there.

If they go original on this, I hope they do it in one 52 episode shot. Maybe in several years they'll make a full adaptation of the manga...
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 11:33   Link #905
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

You know, I think Satan killed Neuhaus's son or sons. That would explain why both he and his wife hate Satan that much.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 11:39   Link #906
Kakkou
Tch.

AoEx is set for 25 episodes and no sequel has been announced yet. At the rate they're going I don't see a return to the manga story at all unless they just use elements of it along with a mostly original plot.

Nevertheless, I still wish for a sequel even if it's purely original since a solid conclusion in 5 more episodes seems a bit of a stretch. That and I just love this series so I wouldn't mind one more 2 cour season and will keep trying to help add to their sales figures in hopes it'll happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
You know, I think Satan killed Neuhaus's son or sons. That would explain why both he and his wife hate Satan that much.
He's already said before that Satan posessed him and killed his family. The question now is whether or not his wife really died or is she related to the artificial life laboratory?
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 12:04   Link #907
klare

i wonder is the Yukio in manga acting like this too, this eps he had became not so cool anymore, hope it is not jealousy

grand... grandfather? i guess from their mother side
Old 2011-08-30, 12:08   Link #908
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

That reminds me of an old joke about those roman catholic priests who are talking and then one says: "will we ever see the day when we will be allowed to marry?" and the other answers "I don't think so. But maybe our children will."

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 13:47   Link #909
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
AoEx is set for 25 episodes and no sequel has been announced yet. At the rate they're going I don't see a return to the manga story at all unless they just use elements of it along with a mostly original plot.

Nevertheless, I still wish for a sequel even if it's purely original since a solid conclusion in 5 more episodes seems a bit of a stretch. That and I just love this series so I wouldn't mind one more 2 cour season and will keep trying to help add to their sales figures in hopes it'll happen.

He's already said before that Satan posessed him and killed his family. The question now is whether or not his wife really died or is she related to the artificial life laboratory?
The next manga arc just sort of starts out of nowhere. Some new character that should have some history with certain factions of the story just kind of shows up and sets off this huge event.

We know a laboratory got raided. Someone is looking for something...

The chicks' costume in episode 20 looks very, very, very familiar.

But that Egin guy kind of ruins it.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 16:56   Link #910
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
i wonder is the Yukio in manga acting like this too, this eps he had became not so cool anymore, hope it is not jealousy

Yes because obviously Fujimoto Shirou doesn't have a father right ?

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-08-30 at 17:07.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-30, 17:18   Link #911
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Fujimoto Shirou came from nowhere because he was that awesome just like he was when he was a Paladin.
Old 2011-08-30, 22:50   Link #912
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Damn.. I was hoping to see some epic magic by Melphisto.. too bad his chanting got interrupted.. he looked so wicked, too, while he was about to say the last word.

I wonder if they're gonna end AnE to 26 (or was it 24) episodes.. This seems like one of those series that could go on and on.
Old 2011-08-31, 17:51   Link #913
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Fujimoto Shirou came from nowhere because he was that awesome just like he was when he was a Paladin.
I agree. Awesomeness on that level should not be repeated in the same generation. So he also has to be an only child.

Too bad Mephisto got stopped, I wanted him to rain hell on that perp.
Old 2011-09-01, 19:31   Link #914
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post

I don't think it's about jealousy, but some kind of reaction with the Satan blood inside of him. We've seen his arm and also the testing he's been doing presumably on his blood. He's clearly trying to deal with it himself and is acting unusual because of it. He's probably also worried about it and what's going to happen to him. After all it looks less like a power activating and more like a disease.
Old 2011-09-03, 11:13   Link #915
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Lure

I was away on another business trip for two weeks and hope this'll be the last one for the rest of the year.

On-Topic
What I think the flagship element for this anime is definitely the soundtrack.

The background scores truly reflect and manifest the mood of the action, of the settings, and most importantly, of the characters. Because, I know that each character has his or her own individual score.

Letting that aside, Mephisto put on a huge gamble with the Vatican, agreeing to have Rin all toughened up and bulk-up for within half-a-year.

But, what I truly got me heartbroken, though in a reasonable and understandable manner was witnessing that Rin's again having to put through all that fear and discrimination he was subjected in his childhood now that him being Satan's son has been found out.

More than Suguro, Konekomaru's the most traumatized and devastated upon learning that truth; understandable since his family got killed in an instant back at the "Blue Nigh", leaving him an orphan.

The polar opposite to him was Izumo, delivering memorable and unexpected encouragement to Rin at how to build confidence in order for the boy to have his blue flames respond to his will.

P.S. When is the CD single for the ending theme due out?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 11:21   Link #916
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
P.S. When is the CD single for the ending theme due out?
All the OP/ED singles for Ao no Exorcist have gone on sale already.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 12:39   Link #917
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So the Grigori ordered the death of their mom. Interesting how he only tells Yukio. Shiemi's grandma must have been pretty awesome to have that many garden spirits. Like how Rin defended her and was fighting the Paladin. Lol the garden spirits saved them in the end. How did their grandpa get control of the council. Looks like things are going to get messy. Like the part in the preview where they show Mephisto just relaxing and eating in prison.
Old 2011-09-04, 14:54   Link #918
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Yah the grandpa seems like he's going to be more corrupt. And Yukio's gonna have to get reality slapped into him soon I bet.
Old 2011-09-04, 16:50   Link #919
Jerseykid

paladin fought and we didn't get to hear the fangirl sword say anything

this is setting up for brother vrs brother showdown
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 17:34   Link #920
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Storm Wind

One of this show's strong points is the execution at how the drama gets delivered by the characters.

It became pretty tough and shaky for Rin being the only one able to see Gufuu possessing Konekomaru while no one else, not even the latter, were able to see the demon. Then, coupled with Rin's recklessness it led to a tense and nasty situation where no one else believed Rin and misinterpreted his actions to be violent rather than protecting.

Although, I could see Bon attempting to give in to his doubts and shakiness towards Rin when he spoke of him to Konekomaru at the hospital bed.

If you ask for my theories, it's pretty much granted that Negaus is responsible for breaching Mephisto's barrier through the use of the dimensional key, since patched-guy was standing above from the crime scene while Shura was investigating the matter.

As for the ruins of the lab....
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen