AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-02-02, 05:48   Link #5541
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-02, 14:44   Link #5542
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I think the only thing that suffers from Monty's absence is the fight choreography. All that stuff about the maidens and Ozpin and Qrow and such would have happened anyway.
Pretty much, the story would probably be the same with Monty around but would have more Rule of Cool moments, which a good deal of the FNDM frown upon because they detract from the overall story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Where did you find this? It almost looks like mojojo's work, almost that is.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-02, 14:54   Link #5543
shiki343

I have to agree with Dengar here. The only thing that really would have improved about RWBY if Monty were still here would be the fights. People forget the writing for the series has always been pretty bad even when Monty was working on it. The only volume that I feel was consistently well-written throughout was volume 3 (and I’ve even heard people disagree on that) which Monty had little to do with. Even volume 4, as poor as the writing was in some parts, was still better written overall than volumes 1 & 2. Monty was always a style over substance type of person. He had good ideas, but could never execute them very well. So the writing would still be bad regardless. Though, Volume 5 was pretty abysmal even by the standards of these writers.

Speaking of which, though I already went over most of my issues with volume 5 in a previous post, here’s some more problems I forgot to cover that I hope volume six will fix. First is the exploration of the kingdoms. Aside from a far way shot and some still images in the first episode, we never got to see much of Mystral at all other than Haven. Mystral is supposed to have the biggest black market in Remnat, but that’s never explored or even mentioned. I hope in Volume 6 we’ll get to see more of Atlas than just the academy.

Another problem I have is the lack of grimm. All the other volumes featured the grimm very prominantlyand always introduced a variety of new grimm. Volume 5 introduced the Lancer grimm, but that was it. That was the only grimm featured in the entire volume, which is insane.

You know, when I finished the volume I was greatly disappointed. But as I keep thinking about it I get more and more pissed. This volume was trash. Is it the worst volume of RWBY? I don’t know. It’s tough to beat volume 1. Volume 5 certainly looks better. Volume 1 also had the Jaune/Cardin segment, which is the worst thing in all of RWBY in my opinion. On the other hand, volume1 had better action overall, and Ruby actually felt like the main character.

If the writers could improve even a few of the many problems this last volume, like the slow fights or the horrible pacing, then Volume 6 would be a major improvement. If they would give Ruby the spotlight and actually explain the silver eyes that would automatically make Volume 6 ten times better than this volume.

Miles and Kerry need to step it up, or RWBY is going to go the way of Bleach where fans will eventually get fed-up with the bullcrap and start jumping ship in mass. It’s already started. There’s still time for RT to turn it around before the series crashes and burns, and then fades out like Bleach did. That would be a complete disgrace to Monty.
shiki343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-04, 05:28   Link #5544
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
Pretty much, the story would probably be the same with Monty around but would have more Rule of Cool moments, which a good deal of the FNDM frown upon because they detract from the overall story.

Where did you find this? It almost looks like mojojo's work, almost that is.
That is mojojoj's work.
Old 2018-02-04, 13:15   Link #5545
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Ah, RWBY Chibi, back already.

I miss Velvet. I hope she and her team return in Season 6.

Port is the least-likely Bear Grylls character in the entire show, yet somehow he totally works.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-08, 05:16   Link #5546
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Remember that Chinese RWBY handheld fighting game that i posted and some suspected was not official?

Well it turns out it is an official licensed RWBY game!

And here are some original characters that will appear in this game.

Images
Dark Jade
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Johann Betula

Images
Plum Greenwood

Images
Sion Greymoon

Images
Trish Rust
Old 2018-02-10, 13:41   Link #5547
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

YouTube

Great I bet this will spawn a Tai x Cinder Ship.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-10, 19:04   Link #5548
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
YouTube

Great I bet this will spawn a Tai x Cinder Ship.
LOVEDADDY is maybe the best skit they've done in the entirety of RWBY Chibi. That was amazing.

Old 2018-02-10, 23:35   Link #5549
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Plus it's a great voice actor joke about Burnie Burns, Tai's voice actor, since Roosterteeth have always joke that Burns is always seen with some beautiful ladies.
Old 2018-02-10, 23:53   Link #5550
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Tai needs to realize by now never to stick your dick in crazy.
Old 2018-02-17, 12:29   Link #5551
JagdPanther

"Go team!"

After another week, I've come to the conclusion that Tai/Yang/Ruby episodes are the best of the series. I love the father/daughters stuff, especially how Tai is portrayed as an awkward dad.

Old 2018-02-18, 08:01   Link #5552
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Old 2018-02-18, 12:27   Link #5553
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Tai needs to realize by now never to stick your dick in crazy.
He probably already learned that lesson with Raven.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-18, 14:47   Link #5554
wissenschaft

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post

"Go team!"

After another week, I've come to the conclusion that Tai/Yang/Ruby episodes are the best of the series. I love the father/daughters stuff, especially how Tai is portrayed as an awkward dad.
I imagine being a single dad of two girls is a bit awkward no matter what.

Winter X Qrow is official! :P

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby