AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-12, 19:09   Link #1941
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
Can you help translated that "牙崩の壱!"? It's what Olga said when she uses her Dragonic skill. I don't know if I can translate it as "First fang collapse!"
I'd say First: Crushing Fang. I'm basing the whole colon bit on that the number used is for formalities, and it sounds better than the literal Crushing Fang One.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 19:20   Link #1942
dragon1412

i think that first is more correct as literal translation than one because it use 壱 with の, so the translation is better as First crumbling fang in my oppinion.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 22:59   Link #1943
Vinz55

I read all 5 volumes in 2 days. I promised myself not to read vol 6 until it's finished cause I know the wait is gonna cause me anxiety. Ended up couldn't resist the temptation and now has to endure the consequences... Stuck at the capture of one of my favorite characters by a freak... Ugh, this is bad...

Though on the bright side, this probably set it up for Sophie's official induction into Tigre's harem. I agreed with a prior poster that it's unlikely any of the Vanadis will perish. The title and the volume covers heavily suggest all 7 will eventually be Tigre's companions (and most likely harem members).

On that thought, I'm interested in how the author will work this harem out. It's a challenge to make a respectable end to a serious socio-politico novel if the main guy ends up with 10+ wives. On the other hand, too much setting up has been done to several female characters (teita, lim, regny, lumira and soon sophie) that having hm ending up with just Ellen will undermine much of the romantic subplots.
Vinz55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 01:10   Link #1944
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinz55 View Post
I read all 5 volumes in 2 days. I promised myself not to read vol 6 until it's finished cause I know the wait is gonna cause me anxiety. Ended up couldn't resist the temptation and now has to endure the consequences... Stuck at the capture of one of my favorite characters by a freak... Ugh, this is bad...

Though on the bright side, this probably set it up for Sophie's official induction into Tigre's harem. I agreed with a prior poster that it's unlikely any of the Vanadis will perish. The title and the volume covers heavily suggest all 7 will eventually be Tigre's companions (and most likely harem members).

On that thought, I'm interested in how the author will work this harem out. It's a challenge to make a respectable end to a serious socio-politico novel if the main guy ends up with 10+ wives. On the other hand, too much setting up has been done to several female characters (teita, lim, regny, lumira and soon sophie) that having hm ending up with just Ellen will undermine much of the romantic subplots.
Well, the original Black Dragon King had all seven Vanadis as his wives. Or rather he made his wives Vanadis. And the last person to get Tigre's title married the princess and became king.
Old 2013-06-13, 10:58   Link #1945
Vinz55

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well, the original Black Dragon King had all seven Vanadis as his wives. Or rather he made his wives Vanadis. And the last person to get Tigre's title married the princess and became king.
Yeah, Tigre's already set up to be the king of Brune and Zhcted. In the current arcs with the likely demises of the 2 princes and the importance of the princess, he is likely to be set up to become king of Asvarre as well (or at least in a position to annex it later). It seems he will unite the whole continent. If so then it's completely justifiable that he has however many wives he wants.

What I meant though is how the character development can reasonably lead to that harem ending. Right now, I can't see any person involved with the harem agreeing to it (including Tigre). Maybe Teita, given that she's in no position to bargain...
Old 2013-06-13, 22:19   Link #1946
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:

It wasn't an uncommon thing for kings and emperors to have more than one wife - it was considered a necessary thing at in times of yore to pacify far-flung territories and maintain political alliances.

So frankly it still would be a respectable and serious socio-political novel even if they go for a Marry-Em-All...assuming that Tigre ends up as the next Holy Roman Emperor equivalent, with an empire to rival that of Nebuchadnezzar, Cyrus, Alexander and Genghis. Frankly even with all the charisma and skill he has he would be hard pressed to hold such a large amount of land together at once - having these lovely ladies who just so happen to be head over heels for you to be in your boardroom and bedroom all at once sounds like a pretty awesome deal, especially when (I expect) they're good at both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Well in my opinion it's none-too-subtle foreshadowing really.

Quote:
What I meant though is how the character development can reasonably lead to that harem ending. Right now, I can't see any person involved with the harem agreeing to it (including Tigre). Maybe Teita, given that she's in no position to bargain...
Tigre hasn't yet given his view on whether he's for or against - so far he is either seen to have been ambivalent, or has been silent on the matter. And if his sleep-grabbing is any indication I'd say it's his secret fantasy (but I guess that's speculation ain't it.)

That Ellen is his main girl is so far undisputed though. We'll just have to see how it goes, what with him being on his way to become the prime breeding stock of the continent and all. As I noted above it might become a necessity after all, and all he needs to do is to give in to his night-time subconscious all of one bleedin' time.

Either that or we could always count on the author to cop out on us.

Anyway it seems that being free from work is making me as lazy as all hell - the backlog of this thread is looking kind of threatening right now.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on where we are translation wise?
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-13, 22:28   Link #1947
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

And a wild Xena appeared!!!!!
Old 2013-06-13, 23:02   Link #1948
holybell84

I think Ellen will be very depressed in this arc; with the nobles offering their daughters to Tigre, if Sophie officially joins, I will not be surprised if she actually starts crying.
Old 2013-06-13, 23:24   Link #1949
whitecloud

Angry will be more appropriate...she most likely try to castrate Tigre...

By the way....cramped...sorry to asked...I read in one of the post your TL of the latest chapter is finished? Can I read it? Post the link please...
Old 2013-06-14, 00:46   Link #1950
noobarta

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Angry will be more appropriate...she most likely try to castrate Tigre...

By the way....cramped...sorry to asked...I read in one of the post your TL of the latest chapter is finished? Can I read it? Post the link please...
If you mean ch 3 it's up on baka tsuki already o_o
noobarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 01:05   Link #1951
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

I finished my run through of chapter 4, but it still needs somebody better at utilizing words to go through it.

Spoiler:
Iskatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 01:22   Link #1952
Vinz55

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
Tigre hasn't yet given his view on whether he's for or against - so far he is either seen to have been ambivalent, or has been silent on the matter. And if his sleep-grabbing is any indication I'd say it's his secret fantasy (but I guess that's speculation ain't it.)

That Ellen is his main girl is so far undisputed though. We'll just have to see how it goes, what with him being on his way to become the prime breeding stock of the continent and all. As I noted above it might become a necessity after all, and all he needs to do is to give in to his night-time subconscious all of one bleedin' time.
Aye, Tigre asides (I'd say he's too honorable for a harem right now but there is not enough materials to really say for sure). Of the others, both Ellen and Mira are too possessive right now to really be okay with sharing. Lim is so uptight she probably will prefer to stay single forever rather than becoming a mistress. Even Teita and Regna, arguably more easygoing, don't seem to be the kinds to just roll in a harem right now. I agree with you that the author would have to pull together some tight character development. Otherwise, a harem end will ruin these characters.

Funny thing is that once I think it over, Sophie is the only one whose personality seems already set for a harem. I can't see her having any problem with sharing...
Old 2013-06-14, 01:47   Link #1953
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskatar View Post
I finished my run through of chapter 4, but it still needs somebody better at utilizing words to go through it.

Spoiler:
Thanks for the work! It's great, and I think I will add some edited parts you do at B-T
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 02:16   Link #1954
setsuna86

And I would also like to add something.

Don't you find strange enough that Prince Jermaine was killed so easily?Maybe I think too much, but that can also be some sort of strategy elaborated by Tallard with Jermaine, using the fact that "Prince Jermaine did no like Tallard so much because of his ambitioins and thus demote him to a commander of a hundred cavalrymen", to lure Elliot to hasten the decisive battle (his plans) with the reasons Tallard explained (thta Elliot cannot forgive Tallard to have killed a member of the royal lineage and so...)

On the other hand, those lines
Spoiler:

That can also mean that Tallard has allied with Princess Geneviere in the sense that he wants to make her a "second Queen Zephyria" beginning the invasion from Valverde!?

Last edited by setsuna86; 2013-06-14 at 04:10.
Old 2013-06-14, 04:09   Link #1955
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramped View Post
And a wild Xena appeared!!!!!
*Xena used Bow*

Uh-huh. Newly and happily out of work as well. Pleased to meet your re-acquaintance, good sir (and everyone else).

Quote:
I agree with you that the author would have to pull together some tight character development. Otherwise, a harem end will ruin these characters.
This. The bane of all harem ends. Just this. The source of derp, the impetus for kill-em-alls, the machinist behind the scenes of the cop-out ending! Frankly my fingers aren't crossed but I do genuinely like Madan so, hell, might as well.

Quote:
Funny thing is that once I think it over, Sophie is the only one whose personality seems already set for a harem. I can't see her having any problem with sharing...
That's because at that time she was keeping a professional distance away from the whole affair; I doubt it has any reflection on her attitude once she enters the running for real.

Quote:
Thanks for the work! It's great, and I think I will add some edited parts you do at B-T
And I see we're up to chapter 4 already. Great stuff.

If you don't mind, may I have a look at this as well and see what can be edited?
Old 2013-06-14, 04:14   Link #1956
setsuna86

Quote:
*Xena used Bow*

Uh-huh. Newly and happily out of work as well. Pleased to meet your re-acquaintance, good sir (and everyone else).

And I see we're up to chapter 4 already. Great stuff.

If you don't mind, may I have a look at this as well and see what can be edited?
The great part of editing has already been done by cramped and Iskatar. Well you can look still to edit some parts.

And I think I will post the chapter 5 and the epilogue in one week.
Old 2013-06-14, 04:19   Link #1957
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Good lord, you're fast.

I'll see what I can do - it'll mostly be sentence and overall paragraph flow-checking and the like; that's normally what gets lost (and in the case of a lot of JP translations, stays lost) in translation in any case.
Old 2013-06-14, 04:19   Link #1958
holybell84

Quote:
The great part of editing has already been done by cramped and Iskatar. Well you can look still to edit some parts.

And I think I will post the chapter 5 and the epilogue in one week.
Setsuna.... I am worshipping you now.
Old 2013-06-14, 04:53   Link #1959
whitecloud

thank youuuu
Old 2013-06-14, 05:13   Link #1960
cramped
asexual, cynic, pessimist

Quote:
*Xena used Bow*
cramped use master ball!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)