AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-25, 03:42   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Aldnoah.Zero - Character Discussion - Princess Asseylum Vers Allusia

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Asseylum Vers Allusia related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Aldnoah.Zero fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-07-25, 11:34   Link #2
ImperialKnight

I think we're all in agreement of this girl when we saw this picture.
Spoiler:

I mean seriously there's something about Asseylum. You'd think she's a pacificist but she's more than capable of holding her own in a fight and giggles when firing a grenade launcher.

Then she goes and assists a group of Terrans to defeat Trillram and from the looks of it she stays with them for the time being rather than go back to the Martians. Granted unknown if Slaine warns her not to go back then sure but still...I have no idea what she's planning on doing.
'
She's like Euphie in that she doesn't show the same discrimination as the majority of her people yet she's a fighter.
Old 2014-07-25, 11:51   Link #3
Irenesharda

Asseylum is definitely an improvement on what I thought she was going to be. I expected a Princess Pacifist stereotype, but instead she seems to be a little deeper of a character. I'm interested in seeing her further involvement with the Earth forces, as well as Rayet and Inaho who share her secret.

However, I also want to know what she will do concerning this war. Even though it is no way her fault and there are a lot of extenuating circumstances, she still is, on paper, the catalyst of this war. She has to in someway let the right people know she'a alive. I think perhaps she might try to bypass the knights and find a way to contact her grandfather.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-07-25, 11:57   Link #4
Thess

Even if she does that, the Counts disobeyed him last time and refused to return to Mars as they were commanded to do. The Emperor can't send his forces to aid her immediately: he's got a two months journey thanks to the destruction of the gate of the Moon.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-07-27, 08:22   Link #5
Marina2

There is a theory that this 'princess' is actually a 'double' and the 'disguise' she is using is acutally her real looking

I meant, doesn't "princess was sick in that day" sound suspicious?

Last edited by Marina2; 2014-07-27 at 20:15. Reason: Fixed grammar
Old 2014-07-27, 10:35   Link #6
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
There is a theory that this 'princess' is actually a 'double' and the disguise she is using is acutally the real looking her.

I meant, doesn't "princess was sick in that day" sound suspicious?
Either that or there is no double and she used Aldnoah tech to shield herself from the attack but doesn't want anyone to find out about it. She may also have been injured in the attack and is using the hologram to hide it.

There's definitely something about her escape that we don't know yet.
Old 2014-07-27, 13:45   Link #7
Arya

That's a fascinating theory about Asseylum, but I'd say unlikely.
The only two evidences that could support it are:
first, the self-defense techniques Asseylum knows, surely it seems more appropriate for them to be known by a maid that is supposed to work even as a bodyguard;
second, that hologram camouflage feature she had that again is more appropriate to be held by a double than the real one. I'd say it's a must-have of a feature for someone who wants to work as a double. Again, the other way around is similarly plausible under certain circumstances. Even if not as much as the former that would be the norm. The easier and quick explanation would be that the double gave her one of these systems.

There is still a question unanswered, how the princess and her maid got left behind wandering around an invaded city. For now I take it as that the conspiracy took care of the whole princess' delegation and they escaped by chance. Event that led the princess to be very suspicious and so to ground Inaho.
But there is the possibility that even the delegation was into the conspiracy. We still don't have enough info, but they should address it sooner or later. (Probably when Asseylum'll reunite with Slaine she'll explain it).

Against it, the loli maid behavior should confirm that she is the real princess. And if she wasn't it would mean killing the Slaine x Asseylum romantic subplot and secondarily adding suffering to suffering for him. And even how that pendant he gave her would come into play?

In any case I'm looking forward to see how Asseylum character will unfold. That if something exists to be unfolded.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-07-28, 16:11   Link #8
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post

Against it, the loli maid behavior should confirm that she is the real princess. And if she wasn't it would mean killing the Slaine x Asseylum romantic subplot and secondarily adding suffering to suffering for him. And even how that pendant he gave her would come into play?

In any case I'm looking forward to see how Asseylum character will unfold. That if something exists to be unfolded.
Although wouldn't that be perfect for more DRAMA? If Urobutcher had full control of the plotting I can totally see it as something he'd do to torment Slaine.
Old 2014-07-28, 16:42   Link #9
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Although wouldn't that be perfect for more DRAMA? If Urobutcher had full control of the plotting I can totally see it as something he'd do to torment Slaine.
No, because she would be executed as soon as she steps on Mars or in the journey there. Don't you think her grandfather wouldn't notice? There are DNA testing to prove her fraud.

And the war would continue.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-07-28, 17:06   Link #10
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
No, because she would be executed as soon as she steps on Mars or in the journey there. Don't you think her grandfather wouldn't notice? There are DNA testing to prove her fraud.

And the war would continue.
It'd be on course for a Urobutch show.
Old 2014-07-29, 02:34   Link #11
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
No, what would be perfect for more DRAMA is something else. And I suspect you mixed up the writer's names. Despite Slaine would fit in perfectly this is not a Kawamori show and we already had a Mitsuhide character in Nobunaga the fool (or a Zessica if you didn't watch NtF). That would mean really tormenting Slain. But this is a more serious and collected series to expect taking its characters to those extremes.
On the other hand we can't rule out yet a similar path (handled in a serious way, I mean).

On a more serious note, the princess status it's still uncertain, but so far the show is trying to address the audience far enough to the target to smell it, but not to hit it. Like the water had been speculated to be Inaho's ace card and instead it resulted to be yes a key point but not in the way we were expecting. So with Seylum I'm expecting something of the like.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-07-29, 03:13   Link #12
Thess

For all is worth, in the interview preview of the show COUNT TO A/Z (a 20 minutes or so special) say the show story is centered on three people who want to stop the fight: Inaho, Slaine and Princess Asseylum.

Old 2014-08-03, 19:05   Link #13
Death Usagi
Banned

It wouldn't be surprising if Seylum gets banished from being a princess by the army's plot and her grandfather doesn't know shit about it, or she gets framed as an imposter and the grandfather believes that where she no longer becomes a princess.
Old 2014-08-15, 09:13   Link #14
Thess

Name: Asseylum Vers Allusia.
Height: 155 cm.
Birthrate: September 20th.
Blood Type: O.

Old 2014-08-24, 06:04   Link #15
ReddyRedWolf

Being empathetic to the suffering of Terrans and Rayet telling what an utter sham the Vers empire is as the show goes on Asseylum's worldview and idealism will change.

With no options left Asseylum may have to destroy Martian society by destroying Aldnoah.

To achieve her dream of peace she'll have to destroy her grandfather's delusions of grandeur.
Old 2014-08-24, 22:36   Link #16
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Being empathetic to the suffering of Terrans and Rayet telling what an utter sham the Vers empire is as the show goes on Asseylum's worldview and idealism will change.

With no options left Asseylum may have to destroy Martian society by destroying Aldnoah.

To achieve her dream of peace she'll have to destroy her grandfather's delusions of grandeur.
Considering the granddad is sick in bed, he might die before she can get back to Mars.
Old 2014-08-28, 05:57   Link #17
Sixth
Hu Tao

I wonder, is she going to be main character's love interest or just a companions who shares the same goal, stop the war?
Old 2014-08-28, 14:23   Link #18
Death Usagi
Banned

If NTR happens where Inaho takes Asseylum, that would be interesting but majorly I'd say it is highly unlikely so it is pretty much Slaine and Asseylum really.

Unless Slaine dies of course.
Old 2014-08-28, 14:29   Link #19
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
They joked about a sequel and the overwhelming fan favorite is Slaine. You tell me.

Old 2014-08-28, 14:35   Link #20
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
If NTR happens where Inaho takes Asseylum, that would be interesting but majorly I'd say it is highly unlikely so it is pretty much Slaine and Asseylum really.

Asseylum herself has got a bigger chance of dying than Slaine. That's the power of being popular, and the fact that it works better storywise. I don't think Slaine and Asseylum will be a couple (since my speculation is that they are unknowingly related), and while it's possible for her and Inaho to be together, I'm not really sure on that from either. However, I can see it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Closed Thread

Tags
characters