AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-08-31, 08:20   Link #1421
Tri-ring

As i have posted the wakaba mark would probably become the basis of the band logo not the exact thing.

Here are some wakaba mark derivatives as example.

A Wakaba/Ochiba mark combo for senior novice drivers.

A sake novice mark for people who just started to try out the stuff. Should be given to freshmen at collage.

The Kame wakaba for novice drivers stating to drivers behind that this car will not exceed the speed limit at any time.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 20:07   Link #1422
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Now those are creative variations. I'm partial to the turtle version, but that's just me ahaha.
Old 2011-08-31, 20:48   Link #1423
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

it would be an acknowlwdgement of Ton-chan if they did that.
Old 2011-09-01, 09:36   Link #1424
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Seems like this chapter tries to display little bits of information regarding all the characters like Okuda who actually has 4 siblings and Jun's brother. Nao is kind of mature here

Not to mention Sumire actually thought Mugi as a big sister. Can't wait to see more of that

Jun is really like Ritsu, eh? looks the least attractive with their usual hairstyle, but amazingly cute when they untie it. But Akira is one of them as well

And... Azusa will be the vocal? it doesn't seem to be decided for me. But if she will, then, like I said, she still has the chance despite her bad performance. After all, Sawako could fix that just like how she did with Yui.
Old 2011-09-01, 09:52   Link #1425
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Or Nao can use an autotuner on Azusa.

Damnit Jun, this isn't like the anime. Azusa CAN'T sing, though maybe Sawa-chan can still do something about that.
Old 2011-09-01, 11:51   Link #1426
Sumeragi
Banned

Since I've never been able to watch all of the anime..... Did Azusa sing solo? If not, it could be that she can't sing when she's singing by herself as opposed to singing with others....
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 12:00   Link #1427
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Since I've never been able to watch all of the anime..... Did Azusa sing solo? If not, it could be that she can't sing when she's singing by herself as opposed to singing with others....
She never become the main vocalist. But she did provide backing vocals, just like the other girls. Of course this means that she was singing while playing her guitar too, but the experience is still different compared to being the main vocalist since it requires more work and concentration.
Old 2011-09-01, 12:06   Link #1428
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
She never become the main vocalist. But she did provide backing vocals, just like the other girls. Of course this means that she was singing while playing her guitar too, but the experience is still different compared to being the main vocalist since it requires more work and concentration.
Exactly what I was getting at. The environment is different between backing the vocals while the band is playing and singing by yourself on a stage with only your own music. Also, we're not sure how Azusa was bad a singing: Terrible singing voice? Bad pitches? Out-of-sync lyrics?

We'll probably have to see a karaoke scene to fully understand Azusa's problem (oh my, that's an idea that might be interesting )
Old 2011-09-01, 12:31   Link #1429
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Exactly what I was getting at. The environment is different between backing the vocals while the band is playing and singing by yourself on a stage with only your own music. Also, we're not sure how Azusa was bad a singing: Terrible singing voice? Bad pitches? Out-of-sync lyrics?

We'll probably have to see a karaoke scene to fully understand Azusa's problem (oh my, that's an idea that might be interesting )
Might be one or all of them I think the point is the concentration management which could result in those you mentioned. Yui was also having concentration problem at first (either sing without the guitar or playing guitar without singing XD)

But if she's really going to be the main vocalist, then she needs to be trained for sure.

Although I prefer Ui for the vocal but maybe it'll add to her imitating Yui again~
Old 2011-09-01, 13:01   Link #1430
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Not to mention Sumire actually thought Mugi as a big sister.
Yep, that was kind of unexpected at this point. Seems she shares some of Mugi's character traits, too ("I may have come across an amazing sight")...
Old 2011-09-01, 13:05   Link #1431
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I'm liking the Sawako and Jun comedy duo thing.

On the other hand... Azunyan on vocals? I'd prefer Jun or Ui, though I don't know how well Jun sings. Maybe even glasses girl? This is all from an anime point of view. I don't see it happening unless they got tired of selling tons of soundtrack cds.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 19:46   Link #1432
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
I'm liking the Sawako and Jun comedy duo thing.

On the other hand... Azunyan on vocals? I'd prefer Jun or Ui, though I don't know how well Jun sings. Maybe even glasses girl? This is all from an anime point of view. I don't see it happening unless they got tired of selling tons of soundtrack cds.
It seems more of a joke atm, I'm expecting Ui or Jun to be vocalists in the end, with Ui singing the OP and Jun the ED ala HTT.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 20:30   Link #1433
icatero
well, okay

Azusa trying to give Sumire a pat on the head was so cute. xD She really is Mio's successor.
icatero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 21:37   Link #1434
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis

Quote:
Originally Posted by icatero View Post
Azusa trying to give Sumire a pat on the head was so cute. xD She really is Mio's successor.
Did you notice that the senpais are shorter than the kouhais?

The milk supply the year Azunyan et. al were born must have been really bad...
Procrastinator_CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 21:56   Link #1435
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

I thought Ui was around Yui's level at height... but she's more like Ritsu's in this chapter.

EDIT: Just checked their profile... Ui indeed has the same height as Ritsu.
Old 2011-09-01, 23:12   Link #1436
GreatTeacherKen

It felt weird seeing Jun without messy hair; I could barely recognize her.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 23:31   Link #1437
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She looked a little like on of the college characters.

Speak of which, have we figured out what the theme of the college manga is yet?

The new high school section seems to actually be about music (weird, right).
Old 2011-09-02, 00:01   Link #1438
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

*gasps*

i..i nver thought jun would be that cute with her hair down. I don't dislike her anymore. LOL. But she's a brocon..so still bleh. I hate siscons(ui EXCLUDED) ESPECIALLY brocons.

and my my. *imagines fluffy moments between mugi and sumire* tsumuGi-Oneeesama!! Sumire might be calling her like that in secrecy. <<3333

Azusa in vocals..uggh. I.Don't.Like. I prefer Ui, really. but let's see...
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 00:17   Link #1439
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Just started to check out the new university segment lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
*gasps*

i..i nver thought jun would be that cute with her hair down. I don't dislike her anymore. LOL. But she's a brocon..so still bleh. I hate siscons(ui EXCLUDED) ESPECIALLY brocons.

and my my. *imagines fluffy moments between mugi and sumire* tsumuGi-Oneeesama!! Sumire might be calling her like that in secrecy. <<3333

Azusa in vocals..uggh. I.Don't.Like. I prefer Ui, really. but let's see...
Yun maybe just a really clingy sister, that's all... but both the possibilities that "she has brocon", and "that's not her brother" are there for fan speculations... She did dress nicely after all, and the way she address him too

I can't wait to see Mugi and Sumire interaction. Mugi x Sumire dounjinshi is super fine too... Have to say that Mugi turned really cute lately,especially when she started all teary (with the thought that her friends will have no use for her if she does not have money). Sumire is on a different level of cuteness through...
Go take over the cupboard while you still can.... for your beloved oneesama!!

Seeing Mio going into full fangirl mode over that tall girl is a real surprise too. It's like the case of the hunter was hunted. Here we have Mio, have always been the object for fangirling...turn into a fangirl herself
Old 2011-09-02, 00:31   Link #1440
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I can't wait to see Mugi and Sumire interaction. Mugi x Sumire dounjinshi is super fine too... Have to say that Mugi turned really cute lately,especially when she started all teary (with the thought that her friends will have no use for her if she does not have money). Sumire is on a different level of cuteness through...
Go take over the cupboard while you still can.... for your beloved oneesama!!
I've always thought Sumire might be related to Tsumugi (half-sisters, cousins, you get the idea), and that onee-sama comment just fueled things for me

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life