Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-21, 13:54   Link #10681
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
That's sweet~ I wish you could too
They used to allow that until they discover people were selling credits.

Then WG had their own credit provision system between players through the use of gold purchases

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 14:10   Link #10682
Gravitas Free Zone

I suppose that selling real money for real money is better than selling fake money for real money.

I've made back a decent amount from the very large sum that I spent last weekend, though technically I'm still hovering close to the reserve limit that I gave myself.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 14:27   Link #10683
Blaat

I bought two tier 8 and one tier 9 tanks and I still have 12 million left, I never understood how people can be credit starved in this game.
Old 2013-11-21, 15:03   Link #10684
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I bought two tier 8 and one tier 9 tanks and I still have 12 million left, I never understood how people can be credit starved in this game.
Believe me, you definitely DON'T want to know.

Several times in the past I had to maintain 9 tanks over tier 6 with barely 100k.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 15:09   Link #10685
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Credit isn't a problem if you are grinding tier 1-10 for a single line like a one-way street. It becomes a problem if you're a horizontal grinder, i.e. having 8 tier 5s at the same time, then get 8 corresponding tier 6s, then 7s, etc. The constant buying of new next-tier tanks(and more importantly, equipments) is a really big credit sink.
Achiuakuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 15:45   Link #10686
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

I'm still bummed at the lack of crew training discounts in this weekend's special, but the long-awaited E-25 discount looks glorious.

Quote:
Credit isn't a problem if you are grinding tier 1-10 for a single line like a one-way street. It becomes a problem if you're a horizontal grinder, i.e. having 8 tier 5s at the same time, then get 8 corresponding tier 6s, then 7s, etc. The constant buying of new next-tier tanks(and more importantly, equipments) is a really big credit sink.
Indeed. Thank goodness I'm practically done with the Soviet, British, and 1st German TD lines, so I can focus on blowing all my credits on the American heavy line, French TD line, and Soviet medium line plus rebuying the AMX 13 90 (which I should have never sold to begin with). Amassing a lot of equipment during the equipment sale has helped tremendously.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 15:50   Link #10687
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

The trick credit grind is simple.

Just play the tank you like and try not to use gold round much without thinking you are credit grinding.

Overtime you will make money

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 15:51   Link #10688
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Enjoy tier 5 DPM in a tier 7 tank that sees tier 9 enemies.

Who am I kidding? I really did enjoy the Panther
With the L/100, at least you are pretty much ensured a pen if you aim right, even more so if you use gold. In some ways, it's better than the MANther that can see tier 8 but only pens 150. Sure, you do take a hit to your alpha and can't defend yourself at close quarters, but hitting and penning is always good.

I had a 58% WR over 250 battles when I first ground the Panther. Now I remember why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna
But yeah. Running high tiers without a premium account is pretty challenging. You'd have to dedicate time to premium tanks to make credits because the natural accumulation is not very reliable.
Pretty sure we found the solution to credit grinding last night.

The Panzer B2, when platooned, not only makes good money by itself, but also has a high rate of survival and K/D ratio. The "Tanking 24/7" mission can be completed within 12 games or so.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 15:57   Link #10689
Blaat

I forgot to post about this: AMX M4 45 ace tanker match. Platooning with two RL mates, slight non-English language platoon chat in the beginning.
Quote:
I do the same thing as well with a minor difference: I wait for discounts until I buy the next tank this saves a lot credits admittedly this works really well for tiers 5, 6 and 7, those discounts happen often. For tier 8 and beyond, it's either a very long wait or you have to cave in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
The trick credit grind is simple.

Just play the tank you like and try not to use gold round much without thinking you are credit grinding.

Overtime you will make money
Another advice is to buy consumables in bulk during discounts, equipment as well of course. Furthermore do as much damage as possible without using gold.
Old 2013-11-21, 16:06   Link #10690
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
I do the same thing as well with a minor difference: I wait for discounts until I buy the next tank this saves a lot credits admittedly this works really well for tiers 5, 6 and 7, those discounts happen often. For tier 8 and beyond, it's either a very long wait or you have to cave in.
Which is why I became a horizontal grinder in the first place. Remember back then when they had "tech tree focus" with 50% offs? I loved those. That encouraged me to grind multiple lines. Then after tier 7 it's just not working out anymore.

And now they don't even give 50% off on any mid tier vehicles anymore. 30% off everywhere, which means you still lose money no matter what.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Pretty sure we found the solution to credit grinding last night.

The Panzer B2, when platooned, not only makes good money by itself, but also has a high rate of survival and K/D ratio. The "Tanking 24/7" mission can be completed within 12 games or so.
Well I have no premium, so B2 actually breaks even for me. But it's still good for making 24/7 money.

Anyone else with a B2 or Valentine II want to join Leo and me? We need a regular third.
Old 2013-11-21, 16:29   Link #10691
Blaat

Managed to play a match against Quickybaby, I didn't do well of course.
Old 2013-11-21, 16:53   Link #10692
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
And now they don't even give 50% off on any mid tier vehicles anymore. 30% off everywhere, which means you still lose money no matter what.
Just focus on tanks you like to play, then. Get really good at one or two, then branch out.

Quote:
Well I have no premium, so B2 actually breaks even for me. But it's still good for making 24/7 money.
If you're spamming all gold, don't. Only about 1/3 of the vehicles the B2 can meet warrant its use. I always switch my shell types depending on the situation, and I always make money.

Quote:
Anyone else with a B2 or Valentine II want to join Leo and me? We need a regular third.
Seconding this request.
Old 2013-11-21, 17:01   Link #10693
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

You guys is filthy seal clubber

Old 2013-11-21, 17:22   Link #10694
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Well, I play exclusively low tiers and you guys are some of the few people I've actually associated with, so I'd be willing to. Dunno if I can commit to being a "regular" but I can probably at least do "frequently".
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 17:26   Link #10695
Achiuakuna
Kimo-kimo-ii~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Well, I play exclusively low tiers and you guys are some of the few people I've actually associated with, so I'd be willing to. Dunno if I can commit to being a "regular" but I can probably at least do "frequently".
Yes, but this kind of requires specific tanks. Only the B2 and Valentine II work because we are clubbing this based on tier 4 exclusive MM. So a regular tier 4 would bring us into a tier 6 game and make our armor irrelevant.

B2 is not available now, but Valentine II is still on sale (I think) if you don't mind getting one

We are probably not gonna do this regularly anyway after the 24/7 mission is over. We probably will just use it to blow off some steam after a bad streak as opposed to use it to statpad exclusively
Old 2013-11-21, 17:33   Link #10696
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I'm still bummed at the lack of crew training discounts in this weekend's special
DAMMIT.

I have all these new TDs I need to move crews into...

Well, at least I can cheaply permanent the camo on a couple of things.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:23   Link #10697
LeoXiao
思想工作

Achi, found a suitable player. We'll see if he shows tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
You guys is filthy seal clubber
Once you start you can't stop.
Old 2013-11-21, 18:25   Link #10698
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Once you start you can't stop.
meh until you got bored with it. there is reason why i rarely play my t49 and hellcat this day.

even though i got 1000+ battle in it >_<

Old 2013-11-21, 18:45   Link #10699
Sumeragi
Banned

If there is no discount for Rhm.-Borsig Waffenträger next week, I'll be buying it at full price.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 19:51   Link #10700
Gravitas Free Zone

I stand a chance of being able to unlock the AMX AC 46 this weekend, since I'm a decent way into the ARL V39 grind.

The RBWT, AT 7, and SU-152 will have to wait, since I don't have crews for their precursors yet, and probably won't have time to grind three vehicles in one weekend anyway.

I could buy the T25 and T25/2, but the question of why comes to mind.

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks