Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-04, 21:20   Link #1
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
Characters and their matching weapons

if u would to give weapons to naruto characters, what will they be?

personally i think sasuke needs a damn katana (hopefully he steal oro's katana), Lee needs his nunchucks, naruto gets nothing cuz i jsut can't visulize him with weapons.

also konohamaru gets a stick like his gramps
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 21:44   Link #2
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Naruto gets a Paint Brush ^^

Sakura errr nothing.

Sasuke his dildo of course.

Konohamaru a flying Phenix cause he's too cool.
Old 2004-04-04, 22:17   Link #3
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaOH
if u would to give weapons to naruto characters, what will they be?

personally i think sasuke needs a damn katana (hopefully he steal oro's katana), Lee needs his nunchucks, naruto gets nothing cuz i jsut can't visulize him with weapons.

also konohamaru gets a stick like his gramps
They should all get swords for all I care. Personally I think it's cooler that they don't have any specific weapons.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 22:19   Link #4
Dark_Twlyght

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
They should all get swords for all I care. Personally I think it's cooler that they don't have any specific weapons.
Damn Right
Dark_Twlyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 22:27   Link #5
psycoking
kyōki-ō

Like the above post weapons won't really add much, and the hand to hand combat is great. But if I had to choose. . .

if it goes the way the chapter covers are pointing then Sasuke will get a katana, and naruto will get some sort of machette like sword (sorry don't know the name for this type of sword)

also, I don't know why but I've always thought hinata would look cool wielding some type of boe or maybe a three part staff. Especially if she used it with any of the hyuuga spin moves like kaiten
psycoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 22:27   Link #6
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Sakura should get two giant axes like that one promo image, naruto should get a carved katana, or wakisashi, and sasuke should get his fuuma shuriken, because it rocks, and when its retracted he could use it like a set of claws. Lee should definatly get brass knuckles, he throws punches at people, he doesnt twirl sticks on rope at them.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 22:35   Link #7
Dark_Twlyght

*Deleted* For my Own Reasons

Last edited by Dark_Twlyght; 2004-04-06 at 11:19. Reason: NonSense
Old 2004-04-04, 22:58   Link #8
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Twlyght
(It a Ninja Sword).
No, its a smaller <30 inch katana used mainly for indoors fighting, and it was also used as a status symbol, as to wear a katana was to say you were ready to use it, and it sort of destinquished against who was and wasnt willing to duel.
Old 2004-04-04, 23:32   Link #9
Dark_Twlyght

*Deleted* For My Own Reasons.

Last edited by Dark_Twlyght; 2004-04-06 at 11:20. Reason: Nonsense
Old 2004-04-04, 23:44   Link #10
Bloodstainsfade
Despised

Send a message via AIM to Bloodstainsfade
...I'll try to give all of the people I can think of off the top of my head, weapons though they look good without them.
Rock lee should get a long chained flail,
Sasuke should get nunchaku,(couldn't you just imagine him standing behind someone with those crosse around their neck.)
Sakura should get a kwan doe,
Gaara, should get a chained spike,
Ino should get a bible (tis sharper than any two edged sword),
Kakashi, should have a tai chi sword,
Gai should get a Katana,
Neji should fight with a bokuto...(he could probably slice through someone with it *splinters*),
Hinata should get saii,
Temari has quite an assortment but we'll go with kama's,
Shino needs a gun with a silencer,
Shikamaru needs a gun also,
Naruto last of all, needs a lightsaber...

Join the Demi fanclub, just say yes to Win Ting
Bloodstainsfade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 00:02   Link #11
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
i still think it be cool for some characters to get weapons and they should be
Spoiler:

just imagin sasuke charging chidori on oro's sword, runing at max speed at itachi.

and it be cool if Lee uses his speed with nunchucks to pull some kind of super sick eye-candy combo.
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 00:05   Link #12
Ogata
Underling

how about makibishi's as banana peels for them all!!! if they were gonna play dirty.. hehe.. how about a masamune like in FF7.. that would be cool on someone..
Ogata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 00:15   Link #13
baka manko
Hmm...

Send a message via AIM to baka manko
[QUOTE=Dark_Twlyght]
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
No, its a smaller <30 inch katana used mainly for indoors fighting, and it was also used as a status symbol, as to wear a katana was to say you were ready to use it, and it sort of destinquished against who was and wasnt willing to duel.

Okay tell me wat kind of SAMURAI would use a Waskisashi?
It's a Ninja Sword I should knoW. My brother practically specializes in this
it would go like this the samurai would wear the sword, then the wakasashi then the seppuku knife/dagger
baka manko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 01:03   Link #14
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Naruto: Tonfa, why? so he wont accidently cut him self and still fight like a animal

Sakura: Kendo practice sword- becasue she doesnt seem like the kinda person to would want to really hurt some one

Sasuke: A 3 part staff- a good match because it allows sasuke to fight close range and he can extend it a little bit to get the extra hidden foot or so slow down/ suprise opponented just enough so he can attack them

Rock Lee: butterfly knives- not long enough slow him down any but still allows him to punch and other stuff, it would have given kill in his match agaisnt gaara

Shikamaru:Takuya's flute- wouldnt it be intresting?

Hinata & neji: since they have the soft palm, there arent many weapons that they can use without interfering with their family's style- so the katana in the mouth would be the only acceptable weapon

Kiba: wieghted Chain- to disable his enemy and it would work well with akamaru as his partner

but still even with all these acceptable weapons: i think the anime would better without like what dranz said
Lst2touchdasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 01:17   Link #15
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
As I said, it was used in tight corridors where katanas would be extremely awkward to use. As a secondary use, it was also the lead weapon in male seppuku, the tanto (knife) was typically used by women, if I recall correctly.

Ninjas used short swords much like wakizashi which had straight blades instead of curved ones, which were called Ninja-to. Likewise, katana and wakizashi were both made professionally for each samurai (unless passed down/to another) where as Ninja-to were made much more poorly. Ninja-to were used more for stabbing, to cut with it, you'd have to make a sawing motion. The wakizashi and katana however were used for actual slicing and cutting, and were sharp as hell, which is why they are revered.

Your brother seems to have gotten his knowledge from www.realultimatepower.net
Old 2004-04-05, 02:33   Link #16
psycoking
kyōki-ō

Quote:
Well not many samurai would actually use their short sword (Waskisashi? I thought they were called kodachi, but manybe I'm thinking of another type of sword); there were actually few users of two-sword techniques. However, samurai still wore both a regular and short sword as a symbol of their status. Back when everybody (not just samurai) was still allowed to carry a sword (pre-edo period) any commoner could wear a sword but only samurai were allowed too wear both swords.
Old 2004-04-05, 04:30   Link #17
Umbrae
Generic Human

Miyamoto Musashi
[QUOTE=Dark_Twlyght]
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer

Ok you are wrong. Here is a historical stand point (look it up if you doubt me)

Samuri did carry a Wakizashi and Katana. But the wakizashi was simply a status symbol to identfy them. Kind of like bars on the shoulder of a US soldier. Few if any samuri ever used these in battle. Actualy the Samuri fighting style was only taught for use of a single blade with both hands. This is not to say they were never used for fighting, but it was quite rare. The only Samuri I can remember using both katana and wakizashi is Miyamoto Musashi, a true sword master and author of the book "A book of five rings". Yet, as mentioned if forced into extreamly tight spaces I would only imagine a samuri would prefer the wakizashi to katana.
Your bother specilizes in what exactly? missinformation or making you look a fool?

The classic "ninja" sword is simply a straight single edged sword. But even that is not to belived. Ninja were common citizens that had to pretend to lead an ordanary life under most circumstances. As commoners were not allowed to own weapons during the samuri age (ages techincaly, but oh well) they tend to specilize in easly concealed and common looking weapons. neither of which fits the description of a sword. although I could name several weapons that do.

Study history not fantasy, it is more interesting once you get into it.
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 04:48   Link #18
psycoking
kyōki-ō

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrae
The classic "ninja" sword is simply a straight single edged sword. But even that is not to belived. Ninja were common citizens that had to pretend to lead an ordanary life under most circumstances. As commoners were not allowed to own weapons during the samuri age (ages techincaly, but oh well) they tend to specilize in easly concealed and common looking weapons. neither of which fits the description of a sword. although I could name several weapons that do.
As far as I remember commoners were allowed to own weapons up until right before the edo era when Hideyoshi outlawed it (1588 i think). Commoners were just not allowed to wear both the katana and the waskisashi.
Old 2004-04-05, 10:35   Link #19
Dark_Twlyght

*Deleted* For My Own Reasons.

Last edited by Dark_Twlyght; 2004-04-06 at 11:21. Reason: Nonsense
Old 2004-04-05, 11:01   Link #20
Bloodstainsfade
Despised

Send a message via AIM to Bloodstainsfade
Samurai X isn't entirely historically correct. Ninja's often did 3 different things, they carried a hidden sword which looked kind of like a staff or anything else they decided, They carried nothing, or when they were actually on duty, and doing something at night they had a different sword. This is just majoritevely though. Since Shinobi's trained in somewhat their own way. Every one was different, don't be fooled into thinking it was all the same...
This is an example of the hidden knife they could have used during daytime...They used all black weapons at night...
So a strait black dagger, with a wrap that went around the forearm or ankle was most common.

(Signature Banner is in the making)
Leo
Join the Demi fanclub!

Last edited by Bloodstainsfade; 2004-04-05 at 11:11.
Bloodstainsfade is offline   Reply With Quote