AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-09-04, 18:01   Link #81
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
I'm glad the cut scene of vampire Vanitas made it to the beginning of the episode. What I didn't like were the other flashbacks and pieces of info that were cut, in favor of adding things like extended views of steam pipes and Vanitas taking off his hair tie, which weren't even in the manga. It makes me wonder if there's something wrong with the production, that they're cutting out actual content for things like this.

Spoiler for cut scenes from ch18 in the manga that are unlikely to be adapted:
When I look at the stuff they cut, it really strikes me as them saving certain stuff for later.
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-10, 17:00   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Jeanne is just way too cute!!

The contrast between Ruthven violently biting Noe and Jeanne gently sucking Vanitas was nice. Curious to find out what Ruthven intends to do with Noe.

If only more people thought like Noe (regarding the matter of race), our world would be a way better place.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-10, 19:21   Link #83
Alchemist007
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 32
Jeanne is very important and if she's not on screen I'm asking "Where is Jeanne?"
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-10, 21:26   Link #84
BPD Renegade
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: at port, docked
The entire date was fantastic! This episode completely delivered.

The only nitpick I might have is the replacement of all the steampunk elements during the first half of the montage, but that's not much to gripe at, especially since elimination of small world-building details has been par for the course.

Spoiler for more cuts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
When I look at the stuff they cut, it really strikes me as them saving certain stuff for later.
Personal preference, but I enjoy these types of stories better when details are seeded throughout, instead of things being revealed only when they're convenient. The latter often makes things seem more like ass-pulls. Problem for the directors is that the manga isn't that far ahead of the anime, so we don't know which of the seemingly trivial details might be relevant later.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 10:31   Link #85
Stark700
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth
Season 2, January (Winter) 2022

https://twitter.com/vanitas_anime/st...87719460036614
__________________
<img src=http://i.imgur.com/Kze54WA.png border=0 alt= />
Stark700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 14:05   Link #86
leongsh
Daijoubu!
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malaysia
That's a nasty thing that Ruthven did to Noe. It does point towards why in the very first episode that Noe narrates that he ends up killing Vanitas. Likely from the induced swear that Noe will obey Ruthvan 1-time irrespective of what Noe thinks about the order.

On a slightly lighter note, Noe finally realises that he is smitten with Vanitas. They have done enough in that sequence to hint at Noe's incomplete last sentence of "I'm.." with respect to Vanitas. Enough for plausible denial but undeniable red meat for the fujoshi to go full hog on it.
leongsh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 16:56   Link #87
BPD Renegade
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: at port, docked
I'm peeved. The episode was fine (barring the plentiful face blobs) until the last third, when Bones decided to force in scenes of Noe reminiscing about Vanitas and then ended with a huge spoiler for the next arc. There were so many ways to lead into the next cour -- hell, Mochizuki already had a perfectly fine and much better hook -- Bones did not need to have Naenia appear, because her presence was a huge shock when it was revealed in the manga.

Honestly, the series is good enough to stand on its own; I don't understand why Bones feels the need to add cheap tricks like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
On a slightly lighter note, Noe finally realises that he is smitten with Vanitas. They have done enough in that sequence to hint at Noe's incomplete last sentence of "I'm.." with respect to Vanitas. Enough for plausible denial but undeniable red meat for the fujoshi to go full hog on it.
That part, and the entire montage after it, was anime-original. After Vanitas threatens to kill Noe, the manga cuts straight to the next morning.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 17:51   Link #88
Alchemist007
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 32
7/10

Looking forward to S2.
__________________
Alchemist007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 18:04   Link #89
Wandering Soul
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: America
I guess we just received one possible hint of why Noe might kill Vanitas. The vow Ruthven forced on Noe could be the reason, but part of me feels that it might be a red herring, and there is another possible reason.
__________________
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 18:25   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
That part, and the entire montage after it, was anime-original. After Vanitas threatens to kill Noe, the manga cuts straight to the next morning.
Gotta give Fujos something to latch onto. It's way too late though, they left a long time ago. Last time I checked this is totally bombing. No clue if manga sales increased though.

I'll probably watch the second season since I doubt Winter will be stacked, but after 12 episodes I'm still not really hooked.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 00:55   Link #91
BPD Renegade
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: at port, docked
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Gotta give Fujos something to latch onto. It's way too late though, they left a long time ago. Last time I checked this is totally bombing. No clue if manga sales increased though.
One of the reasons I was initially annoyed. It's a gaslamp action-fantasy series, but instead there's a misleading af OP that alienated a chunk of the audience by making it seem like it would be some happy-go-lucky fujo-bait. Then they alienated the fujos who expected BL but were instead met with very much straight romance, sans a few crumbs. And half of those crumbs were emphasized by the anime at the expense of details, yuri-bait, and other shipping crumbs, which irked a chunk of manga readers.

That said, is this really bombing? It seemed to me like people who stuck around are enjoying it. For all my complaints, it's a decent adaptation, and parts like Ep11 were fantastic.
Quote:
I'll probably watch the second season since I doubt Winter will be stacked, but after 12 episodes I'm still not really hooked.
If this follows the same slow burn path as Pandora Hearts, the first half will be a lot of buildup. Vanitas has yet to reach its turning point, but the second cour does cover the best and longest arc in the series so far.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 14:43   Link #92
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
I'm peeved. The episode was fine (barring the plentiful face blobs) until the last third, when Bones decided to force in scenes of Noe reminiscing about Vanitas and then ended with a huge spoiler for the next arc. There were so many ways to lead into the next cour -- hell, Mochizuki already had a perfectly fine and much better hook -- Bones did not need to have Naenia appear, because her presence was a huge shock when it was revealed in the manga.

Honestly, the series is good enough to stand on its own; I don't understand why Bones feels the need to add cheap tricks like this.

That part, and the entire montage after it, was anime-original. After Vanitas threatens to kill Noe, the manga cuts straight to the next morning.
Considering what's going on in the manga right now, I understood why they added that montage. It wouldn't be the first time studios have changed up adaptations to reflect current stuff going on in the source material
__________________




Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-01, 11:51   Link #93
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
One of the reasons I was initially annoyed. It's a gaslamp action-fantasy series, but instead there's a misleading af OP that alienated a chunk of the audience by making it seem like it would be some happy-go-lucky fujo-bait. Then they alienated the fujos who expected BL but were instead met with very much straight romance, sans a few crumbs. And half of those crumbs were emphasized by the anime at the expense of details, yuri-bait, and other shipping crumbs, which irked a chunk of manga readers.

That said, is this really bombing? It seemed to me like people who stuck around are enjoying it. For all my complaints, it's a decent adaptation, and parts like Ep11 were fantastic.
If this follows the same slow burn path as Pandora Hearts, the first half will be a lot of buildup. Vanitas has yet to reach its turning point, but the second cour does cover the best and longest arc in the series so far.
I'm NO fujo....this is the first time in a LONG time I've gone crazy over hinted BL between two male leads. (in Owari no Seraph, I ship Yuu with Shinoa instead of Mika)

Jeanne x Vanitas are hot together too...but I still feel he has the best chemistry and interaction with Noe. These two are in love. Don't @ me

The rest of the show? AMA-ZING. I am entertained every single second. I especially think the directing is really good. AOTY.

Quote:
Gotta give Fujos something to latch onto. It's way too late though, they left a long time ago.
@Kanon

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

You're funny. You don't know how false that statement is. Do you even social media, dude? Check your sources before telling lies.
__________________

Last edited by Chiibi; 2021-10-01 at 21:42.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-01, 20:41   Link #94
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
I'm pretty much guaranteed to watch the second season. I loved it as I noted in my review. But the BL vibes were strong, which is odd considering the fact that every ad on Funi basically involved that ad with the vagina product.
__________________
https://wandsandvials.wordpress.com/2017/12/27/an-alchemist-sets-out-1-01/
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:56.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.