Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2017-02-10, 21:38   Link #121
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
I'm going this evening, can tell you about it once I get back.
Have fun.
If its like the short one I saw years ago its going to be awesome and immersive as hell

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-11, 03:14   Link #122
JokerD

Is there a list if theatres and address of those showings? Might want to catch it when I'm in Tokyo. Or Sapporo if its showing there.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-11, 03:28   Link #123
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD View Post
Is there a list if theatres and address of those showings? Might want to catch it when I'm in Tokyo. Or Sapporo if its showing there.
Dōzo.

http://www.kadokawa-pictures.jp/offi.../theater.shtml
Old 2017-02-11, 07:22   Link #124
AC-Phoenix
Detective

So how was it ?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2017-02-11, 08:33   Link #125
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
So how was it ?
Just got back. First the loot (after getting a film strip the last time):

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It was as expected. You had seats moving (a seat group consisting of four seats). Wind blowing, fog rising, water splashing and lighting flashing. During the combat scenes it was pretty nice. You had the seats moving with the kanmusu movements. When firing the vibrators in the seat shook and one got tapped in the back to simulate the shots (number of taps accurate with the firing on-screen). Light also flashed with the shots. Of course water was also sprayed when appropriate.

However, the ventilators providing the wind were rather loud. Wasn't much of an issue during the fight scenes, but when the wind blew during quieter scenes it was distracting.

All in all my personal opinion is, considering that a 4DX showing costs more than double that of a post-20:00 late showing (in Japan a post-20:00 showing costs like 1300 yen instead of 1800 yen regular price) I would say it's not really worth it (although I don't regret it). But of course right now there isn't much of a choice. The regular version is still showing, but it's in small theatres not exactly in convenient locations. At least the theatre was quite big with a huge screen.
Old 2017-02-11, 08:37   Link #126
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Just got back. First the loot (after getting a film strip the last time):

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It was as expected. You had seats moving (a seat group consisting of four seats). Wind blowing, fog rising, water splashing and lighting flashing. During the combat scenes it was pretty nice. You had the seats moving with the kanmusu movements. When firing the vibrators in the seat shook and one got tapped in the back to simulate the shots (number of taps accurate with the firing on-screen). Light also flashed with the shots. Of course water was also sprayed when appropriate.

However, the ventilators providing the wind were rather loud. Wasn't much of an issue during the fight scenes, but when the wind blew during quieter scenes it was distracting.

All in all my personal opinion is, considering that a 4DX showing costs more than double that of a post-20:00 late showing (in Japan a post-20:00 showing costs like 1300 yen instead of 1800 yen regular price) I would say it's not really worth it (although I don't regret it). But of course right now there isn't much of a choice. The regular version is still showing, but it's in small theatres not exactly in convenient locations. At least the theatre was quite big with a huge screen.
No seawater odor :/? Might be 5d I saw back then then

Old 2017-02-11, 08:42   Link #127
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
No seawater odor :/? Might be 5d I saw back then then
Hmm, not sure about that. A couple of times I thought there was a bit of odor, but it wasn't very noticeable.
Old 2017-02-11, 09:13   Link #128
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Hmm, not sure about that. A couple of times I thought there was a bit of odor, but it wasn't very noticeable.
Hmmm might only be in 5d then.
In the vampire one I watched it started smelling really moldy after a while - took me a while to get that the air conditiononer wasn't just defuntional

Old 2017-02-12, 18:12   Link #129
JokerD

Thanks to Kakurin-san for linking the theatre listing, caught the movie in Sapporo. The loot is the same as Kakurin-san. The experience was nice, they had a smoke generating machine, but that only gave a small amount for the front, so I'm not sure what effect that was supposed to give. The moving of the seats correspond to the movement of the girls and the back massage thing with cannon fire. Didn't notice any smell though, maybe it was very faint.
Old 2017-04-07, 10:25   Link #130
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Attention, Singaporean TTKs! Please note that the movie will be up at GV Plaza next Saturday: Link!

Hopefully more locations will be announced next week.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 20:52   Link #131
abc0716

Source fron ANN

Sadly it'll only screen for 1 day, according to their article. Would prefer watch it in Sunday...

Have to sacrifice few hours of sleeping time to watch it (just bought a 11.15am seat), luckily PS isn't far with place I stay...
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 21:53   Link #132
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc0716 View Post
Source fron ANN

Sadly it'll only screen for 1 day, according to their article. Would prefer watch it in Sunday...

Have to sacrifice few hours of sleeping time to watch it (just bought a 11.15am seat), luckily PS isn't far with place I stay...
Erm, I actually chose 1.45pm (Unless you have work.) because it is in the afternoon and easier. However, since I live further away from PS, I have to go down early...
Old 2017-04-09, 10:01   Link #133
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Good for you folks =3

I was planning to go for the 7pm one since I have work until 5pm that day but it's all booked out. News spread fast @_@

If only we have someone to bring it over like what they are doing now in Taiwan

Anyway, hail, fellow countrymen! =D

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-09, 10:02   Link #134
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Good for you folks =3

I was planning to go for the 7pm one since I have work until 5pm that day but it's all booked out. News spread fast @_@

If only we have someone to bring it over like what they are doing now in Taiwan

Anyway, hail, fellow countrymen! =D
If only they'd start selling BluRays already

Old 2017-04-11, 01:53   Link #135
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
editops wrong thread.

Last edited by Sheba; 2017-04-11 at 02:21.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-15, 00:37   Link #136
abc0716

Just went back from cinema after watching it. (1115 screening)

Spoiler for comment:

The flimstrip that I got...
Spoiler for Huge image:

A bit surprised that the cinema start the movie without the usual 10-20mins of advertisements...

Last edited by abc0716; 2017-04-15 at 06:20.
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-15, 04:01   Link #137
JokerD

Just got back from the 1345 screening. Makes a difference to actually view with subs...

For the loot:
A folder, pin and film strip
Spoiler:

My film strip is actually
Spoiler:

I loved Tenryuu's battle scene at the start of the movie, her deflecting a shell with Tenryuu-ken is badass
Release the blu-ray already, hopefully with the cut scenes put back in.
Old 2017-04-15, 05:20   Link #138
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
What cut scenes?
Old 2017-04-15, 05:58   Link #139
JokerD

Quote:
What cut scenes?
I believe there was an interview where the director (or was it Tanaka) that said that to make the movie length suitable for cinema, they had to cut a few scenes, including some with the 2nd CarDiv
Old 2017-04-15, 06:23   Link #140
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Just got back from the 1345 screening. Makes a difference to actually view with subs...

For the loot:
A folder, pin and film strip
Spoiler:

My film strip is actually
Spoiler:

I loved Tenryuu's battle scene at the start of the movie, her deflecting a shell with Tenryuu-ken is badass
Crap, mine was the
Spoiler:

It was funny that there is no advertisement for this. I expected advertisement, and shocked to see that there was none. And erm, I was at the 1345 screening one.

Just to confirm something, was there any information about having a season 2 or something like that in the anime?