5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-23, 13:56   Link #21
Relthenar

I think most of you are missing the point that Imperial is saying. It isn't that the elments aren't there, they just didn't feel the same impact as what he got from the LN. The fights between Ise, Gasper and Koneko with Diodora's Pawns was far more one sided and completely OP. In the anime it was like they had a chance. The fight between Freed and Kiba, the fact that Freed spit out a finger, that he didn't here, made you just feel when reading it that he was no longer human before he transformed and you were totally rooting for Kiba before he fought. Here it was expected but, it was more of an "of course that would be the outcome", instead of damn it Kiba kill that bastard.

In the fight with Diodora, he gets some good shots in the LN with some damage to Ise, but Ise completely ignores it and the pain. So while it was one-sided, it didn't have the impact, because Ise wasn't ignoring damage that he took in the LN and Diodora didn't have the "growing" fear. It was just quick and done.

Lastly, while it makes sense to end it there, it left it as a "Huh?" moment of Asia disappearing but also the feel was that Heaven took her. So again the impact is not nearly as tear invoking as it should be.
Spoiler for From actual scene in LN 6. probably next weeks episode:

So the while this episode had all the elements from the LN, the impact was no where near as powerful as the written version of this part of the series. I think that this is more that they were rushing to get it all in and not taking the time to get the impact with the actual scenes.

Another part that made no sense to me was why the separating of the team for the 2 battles simultaneously. That made no sense at all here. The only thing I can think of is that they did it to crunch the 2 battles together, but even that didn't make sense as they still spent the same amount of time on each. In short, I think that it was way overthinking by the director here for the fight scenes and ignored the emotional impact that was needed.
Relthenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 14:09   Link #22
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relthenar View Post
I think most of you are missing the point that Imperial is saying. It isn't that the elments aren't there, they just didn't feel the same impact as what he got from the LN. The fights between Ise, Gasper and Koneko with Diodora's Pawns was far more one sided and completely OP. In the anime it was like they had a chance. The fight between Freed and Kiba, the fact that Freed spit out a finger, that he didn't here, made you just feel when reading it that he was no longer human before he transformed and you were totally rooting for Kiba before he fought. Here it was expected but, it was more of an "of course that would be the outcome", instead of damn it Kiba kill that bastard.

In the fight with Diodora, he gets some good shots in the LN with some damage to Ise, but Ise completely ignores it and the pain. So while it was one-sided, it didn't have the impact, because Ise wasn't ignoring damage that he took in the LN and Diodora didn't have the "growing" fear. It was just quick and done.

Lastly, while it makes sense to end it there, it left it as a "Huh?" moment of Asia disappearing but also the feel was that Heaven took her. So again the impact is not nearly as tear invoking as it should be.
Spoiler for From actual scene in LN 6. probably next weeks episode:

So the while this episode had all the elements from the LN, the impact was no where near as powerful as the written version of this part of the series. I think that this is more that they were rushing to get it all in and not taking the time to get the impact with the actual scenes.

Another part that made no sense to me was why the separating of the team for the 2 battles simultaneously. That made no sense at all here. The only thing I can think of is that they did it to crunch the 2 battles together, but even that didn't make sense as they still spent the same amount of time on each. In short, I think that it was way overthinking by the director here for the fight scenes and ignored the emotional impact that was needed.
The fight against Diodora's peerage had no impact at all in the LNs. No idea what you're talking about.

Freed said he ate those two and gave the info about Diodora. It was the same as in the LN.

Diodora shot some demonic power at Ise and he didn't even flinched so it was the same.

The thing with Asia is supposed to leave you with a WTF kind of feeling. It'll be explained next episode anyway.

Diodora wanted to do the game that way. There is the explanation for something that doesn't make a fucking difference.

Last edited by Chichiryuushintei; 2015-05-23 at 14:33.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 14:59   Link #23
Relthenar

The fight against Diodora's peerage had no impact at all in the LNs. No idea what you're talking about.

The fight with the pawns was totally expanded so it didn't make you feel like Ise's ability was to OP for them and that Diodora had totally underestimated their strength.

Freed said he ate those two and gave the info about Diodora. It was the same as in the LN.

As I said the elements were there. But just because the elements are there don't mean that they have the same impact. And it didn't even come close.

Diodora shot some demonic power at Ise and he didn't even flinched so it was the same.

give me a break. Diodora shot a little demonic power at Ise that didn't even get past the armor. In the LN, it tells of a much more comprehensive battle with the demonic power being pointed and penetrating the armor and Ise pulling them out with blood. Not even close to what was in the anime. It was like Diodora wasn't even trying.

The thing with Asia is supposed to leave you with a WTF kind of feeling. It'll be explained next episode anyway.

A "WTF" kind of feeling means that some emotion is evoked in the audience. A "Huh?" kind of feeling doesn't evoke any feeling. In this case it didn't evoke any feeling whatsoever when Asia disappeared.

Diodora wanted to do the game that way. There is the explanation for something that doesn't make a fucking difference.

Yes they had Diodora want it that way in the anime, but that was just the director of the anime explaining why he did it that way. Which was stupid. In the LN it was sequentially not simultaneously. And as for time in the anime, there was no need to do it simultaneously other than to satisfy some stupidity of the animators. It could have been done sequentially and taken the same amount of time. That is why it made no sense to me for them to do it that way
Relthenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 15:05   Link #24
Wandering Soul

Predicted that it might end there. Other than that they made Diodora's peerage come off as a lot more competent than in the LN.
Old 2015-05-23, 15:16   Link #25
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:

The fight with the pawns was totally expanded so it didn't make you feel like Ise's ability was to OP for them and that Diodora had totally underestimated their strength.
The moment he activated Bilingual, they started losing easily. They just put up more of a fight before that because he didn't finish the technique beforehand.

Quote:

As I said the elements were there. But just because the elements are there don't mean that they have the same impact. And it didn't even come close.
There was as much impact as there was in the LN. But it was even better because it had some badass music to go with it.
Quote:

give me a break. Diodora shot a little demonic power at Ise that didn't even get past the armor. In the LN, it tells of a much more comprehensive battle with the demonic power being pointed and penetrating the armor and Ise pulling them out with blood. Not even close to what was in the anime. It was like Diodora wasn't even trying.
It was a super-easy curbstomp in both. There was no difficulty whatsoever to beat the crap out of Diodora.
Quote:

A "WTF" kind of feeling means that some emotion is evoked in the audience. A "Huh?" kind of feeling doesn't evoke any feeling. In this case it didn't evoke any feeling whatsoever when Asia disappeared.
So you're saying people saw her disappearing and then thought "Oh OK, whatever"? Please, stop making stuff up.

Quote:
Yes they had Diodora want it that way in the anime, but that was just the director of the anime explaining why he did it that way. Which was stupid. In the LN it was sequentially not simultaneously. And as for time in the anime, there was no need to do it simultaneously other than to satisfy some stupidity of the animators. It could have been done sequentially and taken the same amount of time. That is why it made no sense to me for them to do it that way
Oh, the order they killed the servants was different! OMG this totally ruined everything!
Old 2015-05-23, 18:10   Link #26
The Green One

That was a satisfying beatdown to watch. Even anime only viewers shouldn't be confused about Asia's disappearance, it's clearly meant to be a wtf moment. The next ep preview makes it even clearer that something bad happened to her.

As for you Imperial why do you even watch anime anymore? I can't remember the last time I've seen a post from you that wasn't whining, moaning, or complaining about an episode or some combination of all of the above. Seriously, even on the rare occasion you're ok with something it comes across as "Well I guess today was mostly adequate....BUT THE REST IS STILL IRREDEEMABLE GARBAGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" Then you're back next week to do it again. I just don't understand you anymore.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 18:51   Link #27
IceHism

I expected a curbstomp since DxD has pretty hard-defined power levels and i got a curbstomp. Why are people criticizing that the fight was a curbstomp?

Can't wait to see Ophis next episode. She looks awesome
also, maybe there's another akeno date. That'd be cute.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 19:00   Link #28
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Looks like next episode is the one I'm waiting for.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 19:40   Link #29
Malicre

I loved the fight between akeno and rias, he touched my boobs, i get a date, well iv kissed him twice, AHAHA classic.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 19:55   Link #30
MV5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
As for you Imperial why do you even watch anime anymore? I can't remember the last time I've seen a post from you that wasn't whining, moaning, or complaining about an episode or some combination of all of the above. Seriously, even on the rare occasion you're ok with something it comes across as "Well I guess today was mostly adequate....BUT THE REST IS STILL IRREDEEMABLE GARBAGEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!" Then you're back next week to do it again. I just don't understand you anymore.
A never ending cycle for some people. Man, they really missed out on having the ending be the beginning sequence of JD, but it's understandable with the time constraints.
MV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 20:26   Link #31
Raptor178

Damn, I thought we would get to see how Asia disappeared in this episode, but, hey, most of us already know anyway.

Spoiler for Spoiler for Vol. 6:

Last edited by Raptor178; 2015-05-23 at 20:27. Reason: Spelling correction
Raptor178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 20:49   Link #32
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MV5 View Post
A never ending cycle for some people. Man, they really missed out on having the ending be the beginning sequence of JD, but it's understandable with the time constraints.
It'd feel like they were just repeating the episode 4 ending. So I'm glad they did this the way they did.
Old 2015-05-23, 20:57   Link #33
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

so di-troll-ra want play game with issei, rias, & rest so split them into two teams.

issei dress break got denied but hearing of the doobi talks manage win on it & have both rias and akeno having who want issei power-up cue another win.

oh it that freed again now monster mode send in kiba cue JOBBER of the year match yea 3rd time the charm get rid of freed.

here di-troll-ra mention ho-ski raynare who was part of his plan back from s1 who really want get asia & etc.

cue issei going NUCLEAR IRON MAN mode all over di-troll-ra yea nuff said total big brother mode squash fight.

yea going super dress balance break to free asia seem like all fine til what something teleport asia?!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 21:10   Link #34
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
It'd feel like they were just repeating the episode 4 ending. So I'm glad they did this the way they did.
If you want to complain about repeat the Diodora incident itself is a repeat of the Raynare incident.

Spoiler for Compare:

Not counting the entire volume but the focus of the battle is almost the same thing here except they expand more on the events of the Raynare incident.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 21:12   Link #35
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
If you want to complain about repeat this story itself is a repeat of the Raynare incident.

Spoiler for Compare:

See it's almost the same thing here except they expand more on the events of the Raynare incident and the focus is different. But the plot itself is about the same.
One already existing flaw doesn't justify the execution/creation of more flaws.
Old 2015-05-23, 22:12   Link #36
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

There is something that has been bothering me since the first season....DRAW/ANIMATE GOOD NIPPLES, FOR THE LOVE OF OPHIS!!

Being honest, thats not even close as to what I had in mind for the armor of next week. Gonna try to draw what I had in mind just to feel good.

Last edited by DOmus; 2015-05-23 at 23:06.
DOmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 23:48   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

It was already hard to take the episode seriously when Diodora, who even appears in the OP, gets removed so easily from the battle, but then Ashia decides to pray and suddenly seems to have gotten purified to death because she, a demon, decided to do such a prayer. I guess I should be surprised she suddenly disappeared, but I can't take the episode serious enough.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-23, 23:52   Link #38
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It was already hard to take the episode seriously when Diodora, who even appears in the OP, gets removed so easily from the battle, but then Ashia decides to pray and suddenly seems to have gotten purified to death because she, a demon, decided to do such a prayer. I guess I should be surprised she suddenly disappeared, but I can't take the episode serious enough.
Michael already gave her immunity to that last season though.
Old 2015-05-24, 00:44   Link #39
eiyuuou

That probably further invoked the "huh?" reaction from the audience.
They get the perspective Asia is teleported/purified/removed while she is praying
Old 2015-05-24, 02:24   Link #40
schedmaster

A generous 8/10 rating for this episode, though the episode deserved a 7/10 in my opinion. Why 8/10 rating? It's because for one, it is an interesting episode that forced me to recall stuff from Naruto (understanding) and Bleach (fear and resolve). If Bilingual is used to understand the hearts of women, one can assume fist bumps is used to understand the hearts of men. As for the episode, it was predictable with or without reading the light novel. Villains in stories always lose to heroes simple as that.
schedmaster is offline   Reply With Quote