AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 4 13.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 23.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-18, 20:23   Link #41
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I feel quite sorry for Faldio since I think it is pretty clear that he won't be ending up with Alicia even though he tries so hard. ah well...
Eh, nothing personal, but that was pretty obvious since oh, the beginning of the show.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-06-18, 20:25   Link #42
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Selvaria looked so hot in this episode *__*
Which is basically the highlight for me.

Usual story setup that doesn't do much to push the boundries of imagination ie. pretty predictable.
I feel quite sorry for Faldio since I think it is pretty clear that he won't be ending up with Alicia even though he tries so hard. ah well...
You should have figured that out watching the intro...
Old 2009-06-18, 22:45   Link #43
owq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
At the beginning of the episode, when he's speaking with Cordelia. At least, that's what I read from Gleam's translation.

Borg was going on about Gallia not exceeding its boundaries or something. I can't tell what he's thinking...
Runty, that's like the opposite of what he said! You should revisit that part. LOL.

Yeah, Napolean on a unicorn, nice joke, producers.
Old 2009-06-18, 22:48   Link #44
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by owq View Post
Yeah, Napolean on a unicorn, nice joke, producers.
Finally, I thought nobody would notice.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-06-18, 22:56   Link #45
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by owq View Post
Runty, that's like the opposite of what he said! You should revisit that part. LOL.
Hehe, I guess I did read it wrong. Either that, or Gleam's translation didn't get it right.

Either way, Borg's no good for Gallia. That's for sure.
Old 2009-06-18, 23:17   Link #46
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
So, anyone caught the painting of Napoleon crossing the alps (even if he is technically riding a unicorn)?

- Tak
I was wondering about that actually

That would make him a Gallian hero though Gallia is located in present day Belgium isn't it?
Old 2009-06-18, 23:38   Link #47
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
That would make him a Gallian hero though Gallia is located in present day Belgium isn't it?
Boy oh boy, do you need to review your geography

Gallia in fact, covers present day Lithuania & small bits of Russia

Belgium would be part of the Federation. On the other hand, in VC, Nordic countries obviously don't exist...

- Tak

Old 2009-06-19, 02:01   Link #48
slayer545-sama
Banned

Red face

Since I AM BACK! I will put some pics up! Subs are out so no need to spoiler it.
The Napoleon painting:

Jaeger kissing Alicia's hand.

For the guy who likes Selvaria and my problem that her breasts are too annoying. Also her new last name should be breast.

Alicia was better looking than other episodes in this one.
Old 2009-06-19, 02:16   Link #49
kamikazex

great ep looking foward to the next one
Old 2009-06-19, 05:58   Link #50
owq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Hehe, I guess I did read it wrong. Either that, or Gleam's translation didn't get it right.

Either way, Borg's no good for Gallia. That's for sure.
Lol. You probably read Gleam's translation wrongly. I'm the translator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer545-sama
For the guy who likes Selvaria and my problem that her breasts are too annoying. Also her new last name should be breast.
Now that you mention it... Her last name does sound like it. Bles = Breast?
Old 2009-06-19, 08:56   Link #51
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

mmmmmm... Selvaria .......

Great episode! I do like how Faldio confronted Welkin on what happened in the cabin. But Welkin is being a little too dense now. He knew what was happened and what would happen in the cabin, he didn't have to act like that to Faldio.

Now then.. save Alicia! lol.

Oh yeah.. what the hell is with the pig!? I mean, come on already.
Old 2009-06-19, 09:36   Link #52
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Yeah, Hans was out of place in this episode.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-06-19, 09:45   Link #53
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Yeah, Hans was out of place in this episode.
Yeah that was extremely stupid. As if they'd let a pig attend a high class party like this one.
Old 2009-06-19, 10:22   Link #54
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Boy oh boy, do you need to review your geography

Gallia in fact, covers present day Lithuania & small bits of Russia

Belgium would be part of the Federation. On the other hand, in VC, Nordic countries obviously don't exist...

- Tak
Crap I need to look at the map. All I remembered was that Gallia was between the federation and the empire but located north of Europa.
Old 2009-06-19, 10:49   Link #55
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah that was extremely stupid. As if they'd let a pig attend a high class party like this one.
Well atleast he was properly dressed...

Still shoulda brought Edy instead though...I like her chara design and the one small bit where they actually let her speak many moons ago showed me shes my kinda character.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2009-06-19, 19:25   Link #56
dago2682
Nodoka Fan

Anybody else that thinks that the anime´s changes suck?
Specially this one
Spoiler for unbelievable plot change:

Seriously as if this change was necesary to improve the plot.
After this i can say without fear of being wrong that the anime sucks,how could they change this?
I don´t understand....
Old 2009-06-19, 19:43   Link #57
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dago2682 View Post
Anybody else that thinks that the anime´s changes suck?
Specially this one
Spoiler for unbelievable plot change:

Seriously as if this change was necesary to improve the plot.
After this i can say without fear of being wrong that the anime sucks,how could they change this?
I don´t understand....
I am afraid you are speaking too soon.

- Tak

Old 2009-06-19, 19:48   Link #58
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
I am afraid you are speaking too soon.

- Tak
Do you say that knowing with absolute certainty?

I am willing to hold my breath on that plot change. I am hoping that this is the plausible explanation we never got in the game. I mean, surely over the course of many years SOMEONE had to have seen her so that charade was necessary, yet the game just expects us to think that no one ever saw her sans head piece.

I mean, when that image popped up on screen my initial reaction was much like dago's.... "You have GOT to be kidding me." But... in the interest of being fair I'm willing to wait and see if this is that plausible explanation I mentioned earlier.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-06-19, 20:08   Link #59
Tak

I just don't see why the big secret would be revealed so soon?

Not that difficult to articulate, I don't think.

- Tak

Old 2009-06-19, 20:20   Link #60
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Oh man, so moe I almost had a heart attack.

As seems to be the case in a lot of anime that take liberties, comparison with the source appears to dominate the discussion. I can't really make those comparisons, since I haven't played the game, but I've been enjoying the story so far, even though I know full well that you have to take a step back and not take it too seriously, since there are a lot of elements in it that are pretty silly. Like these people acting like soldiers, for one. But I'm starting to think there's a deliberate theme behind the portrayal of the characters in this anime being so un-soldier-like.

The last couple of episodes have sorta been saying that the reason they don't act like soldiers is because they really aren't. The only reason they're fighting in the military is because of the war (in other words, circumstance), and that if it wasn't happening, they'd each be living fulfilling lives, pursuing other things (baking for Alicia, biology for Welkin, etc, etc). War has taken them away from what was probably their calling in life, but it's also brought them together. But the cost could potentially be their life for something which is ultimately meaningless. Alicia's scarf is almost symbolic of that. It's a representation of her humanity away from the military, hence why it's so out of place in the military context. I think it could be interesting in future to note the times when she wears it and when she doesn't, and if there's a link between that and what's happening with the war and/or her character at the time.
Closed Thread