AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-01, 18:42   Link #781
Alaya
Counter Force

I can't imagine how fast it would be to stuff Episode 4 into 7-8 episodes. They are long, as long as one route of Fate/Stay Night (well maybe a little bit shorter). The pacing would be crazy.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-01, 18:51   Link #782
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
I can't imagine how fast it would be to stuff Episode 4 into 7-8 episodes. They are long, as long as one route of Fate/Stay Night (well maybe a little bit shorter). The pacing would be crazy.
Actually EP 4 is a lot more faster paced once you go pass Chapter 10.
Old 2009-07-01, 18:58   Link #783
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

The only reason FS/N was so long is because the majority of conversations regarding the setting or even combat had to be rephrased 5 times using different anologies for what was going on. The TV adaptation of Umineko will mostly likely only define stuff like Devil's Proof once or twice and cut down on situations where the characters are sitting back and analyzing situations down to the finest details.

Obviously, analysis is an important part of how Umineko was written, but there are ways to cut it down for an episode of ~23 minutes. In Episode 1, I seem to remember a number of occasions where after a murder scene was discovered, everyone would sit down to discuss all the possibilities regarding how that murder could have taken place. It wouldn't be out of the question to expect fewer of these and stick more the action and events that took place. A visual novel is a far better place to have a prolonged discussion rather than an anime episode that has a very limited time frame.

Anyways, that's my guess about what'll happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Actually EP 4 is a lot more faster paced once you go pass Chapter 10.
And yea, I flew through the rest of Episode 4 after the completed translation was released ^^
Old 2009-07-01, 19:00   Link #784
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
A Fate/stay night route is around 3000kb raw text.

I don't think that EP4 is even 1000kb. I mean, Matsuribayashi was 1130KB.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:01   Link #785
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

if you squeeze everything that happens before the actual game (between beato and Battler) starts in one episode (and I see that coming) you have already done 1/3 of Ep4

Old 2009-07-01, 19:01   Link #786
Alaya
Counter Force

True, but it's tea party is also the longest one. And they really need to animate that tea party or else the question arcs will be unfinished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
if you squeeze everything that happens before the actual game (between beato and Battler) starts in one episode (and I see that coming) you have already done 1/3 of Ep4
Well, that what I mean it would pace really fast.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:21   Link #787
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Are you telling me posters like bigemperor are using common sense when emphatically saying Episode 1 only 5 episodes??? TOO LITTLE?
Now that the first episode is out everyone is saying the same IT WAS TOO RUSH so YES for me 5 episodes is TOO LITTLE i think everyone is agree now.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:23   Link #788
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

it doesn't mean a thing... episode 1 was a bit of a rush yes but they'll slow down their pace... and 5 episodes isn't too little.. I think it's just about right for Ep1

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-07-01, 19:24   Link #789
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelii View Post
And yea, I flew through the rest of Episode 4 after the completed translation was released ^^
It's because Chapters 1-10 are the boring parts about Maria and Ange and the action only begins in Chapters 11 on onward

5 episodes isn't too little. DEEN is just too lazy and said at the Umineko meeting "Pft, who cares about character depth and back stories, let's just get the first episode over with in the fastest way possible."

|D
Old 2009-07-01, 19:25   Link #790
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

It was rushed so that the other 4 won't be. Honestly, that part of EP1 is pretty snoreworthy anyway, so I won't miss it much.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:31   Link #791
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
Now that the first episode is out everyone is saying the same IT WAS TOO RUSH so YES for me 5 episodes is TOO LITTLE i think everyone is agree now.
It was a necessary sacrifice. If they adapt the sluggish beginning of EP1 at a normal pace, then the anime turns reeeaaaaalllly boring around 4 weeks. And that would be horrible. This is anime, not a novel.

Now, they have 4 episodes to adapt correctly the "good" stuff. It looks fine for me.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:38   Link #792
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post
I don't. Even though they could of spent a little more time on the cousins' (Jessie's fine) and Rosa's introduction (Come on, they didn't even say anything and they were already introduced), it's fine. Five episodes are fine. I don't think anyone wants to spend two-three episodes on introduction. It would be boring...
Old 2009-07-01, 19:40   Link #793
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

At this point I guess we'll just say that this is "RAISE UP AS SACRIFICE THE SIX CHAPTERS CHOSEN BY DEEN" or something, haha.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:43   Link #794
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
At this point I guess we'll just say that this is "RAISE UP AS SACRIFICE THE SIX CHAPTERS CHOSEN BY DEEN" or something, haha.
Haha true enough. I guess then they will tear "Two Chapters that are close" apart. Then they will start cutting episode head, middle and the end to fit the slot :P

Old 2009-07-01, 19:47   Link #795
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
It was rushed so that the other 4 won't be. Honestly, that part of EP1 is pretty snoreworthy anyway, so I won't miss it much.
Exactly. As the impending massacre is right around the corner, things should start fitting in nicely. Maybe something along the lines of:

End of episode 2: Discovery of the 6 sacrifices
End of episode 3: Discovery of Hideyoshi and Eva, or Kanon's death
End of episode 4: Discovering the letter in Kinzo's study or the discovery of the bodies of those that were exiled from Natsuhi's group

I'm a little torn about the final episode of the arc. Right now, I'm hinging on the idea that it will end with an introduction to the meta-world, maybe similar to how the tea-party worked. Depends on how quickly "Beatrice" finishes of Natsuhi, Battler, etc...

How do you guys think they'll cliffhang each episode?
Old 2009-07-01, 19:51   Link #796
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
They better. Nothing more cruel yet so thrilling like cliffhangers.

Anyway, I also believe they'll end episode 2 with the discovery of the first twilight. Your list seems to show a good pacing Freelii, and that's what I'm hoping for actually.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:52   Link #797
BakaOnna

I'm going to assume that the "surprise" that Ryuukishi mentioned in his comments on the anime was the fact that we see Beatrice with the umbrella in episode 1...?
I was a bit surprised at the scene.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:53   Link #798
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

hmm don't think so...

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
Old 2009-07-01, 19:53   Link #799
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Episode 2 should end with discovery of the bodies. This allows for smoother pacing. Episode 2 starts with Beatrice's letter, Natsuhi and Jessica scene, George proposes to Shannon, day ends, 6 people are missing, they discover the bodies in the shed.
Old 2009-07-01, 19:57   Link #800
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
Episode 2 should end with discovery of the bodies. This allows for smoother pacing. Episode 2 starts with Beatrice's letter, Natsuhi and Jessica scene, George proposes to Shannon, day ends, 6 people are missing, they discover the bodies in the shed.
Ah, don't forget the scene where Rudolf proclaims that he'll "probably die tonight." That's pretty key, as I think he's be owned in all four 1st twilights. Would be kinda disappointed if Kyrie's chat with Battler about turning the chessboard around was missing.
Closed Thread