AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-01, 20:00   Link #801
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelii View Post
Ah, don't forget the scene where Rudolf proclaims that he'll "probably die tonight." That's pretty key, as I think he's be owned in all four 1st twilights. Would be kinda disappointed if Kyrie's chat with Battler about turning the chessboard around was missing.
Spoiler for Actually:
Old 2009-07-01, 20:02   Link #802
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Hmm, I'm not sure they'll make it to the 6 at the end of the next ep, because I'd like to think they'll slow down to go over the epitaph and a bit of theory about the identity of the witch.

I'll call it like this.

I-2: Battler and Kyrie's discussion, Rudolf thinks he's going to die
I-3: Hideyoshi and Eva's bodies are found
I-4: The phone call in the study

Before the ad break of I-5, the end roll stuff is shown. The remainder of the episode is then the two tea parties.
Old 2009-07-01, 20:11   Link #803
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
I-2: Battler and Kyrie's discussion, Rudolf thinks he's going to die
Ahh, that's a good point. There's still a lot of dialogue to cover before they even go to sleep that night. Actually, fast forward a bit father than Rudolf's proclamation.. there's a scene where Shannon is being stalked by golden butterflies. That would have to come before the cousin's settle down for the night because she walked them back to the guest house.

How did that chapter in the VN end? I think it was a montage of scenes of what everyone was up to around that time; the servants, the adults still arguing in the mansion, etc... episode 3 might open better if it's everyone waking up the morning that the 6 sacrifices are discovered, but episode 2 would have a better cliffhanger on Rudolf's proclamation. I'm torn :X

Also: Thanks Hareoic XD, clearly I need to go back and re-read Episode 3.
Old 2009-07-01, 20:30   Link #804
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
That's a good point, too. Ending the next episode with Shannon being surprised at the golden butterflies is certainly interesting, giving then I-3 the First and Second Twilights, with the others all during I-4 and then the last scenes with Natsuhi, the cousins and Beatrice + Tea Parties in I-5.

Wow, I certainly like this division.
Old 2009-07-01, 20:35   Link #805
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaOnna View Post
I'm going to assume that the "surprise" that Ryuukishi mentioned in his comments on the anime was the fact that we see Beatrice with the umbrella in episode 1...?
I was a bit surprised at the scene.
Am I the only one who thinks that that body shape was odd?

Old 2009-07-01, 20:37   Link #806
Nadeor
Asmodeus Saigo (>v<)/

Send a message via MSN to Nadeor
I still haven't watched the first ep. yet XD
However I'm quite ready, only now waiting for the subs(chinese) to come out
Old 2009-07-01, 20:46   Link #807
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Am I the only one who thinks that that body shape was odd?
I think that's just cause she has poofy shoulders on her dress. Makes her look more broad shouldered than she really is.

......also this could be a clue that one of the male adults is cross-dressing as Beatrice

Last edited by Freelii; 2009-07-01 at 21:05.
Old 2009-07-01, 20:59   Link #808
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
I think that's just cause she has poofy shoulders on her dress. Makes her look more broad shouldered than she really is.

......also this could be a clue that on of the male adults is cross-dressing as Beatrice
This statement is an insult to Maria's intelligence :|
Old 2009-07-01, 21:03   Link #809
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
This statement is an insult to Maria's intelligence :|
Or proof of how naive she is.
Old 2009-07-01, 21:13   Link #810
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Clearly, "Beatrice" is Zombie Kinzo. In EP4, he forgets his costume!

Quote:
Ahh, that's a good point. There's still a lot of dialogue to cover before they even go to sleep that night. Actually, fast forward a bit father than Rudolf's proclamation.. there's a scene where Shannon is being stalked by golden butterflies. That would have to come before the cousin's settle down for the night because she walked them back to the guest house.
It's not a terrible idea, but I feel like the discovery of the six will happen too early in the episode and lose some of its tension if it goes like that, since it'll basically start with the bloody door in that case. Unless they slow down a lot more than I'm expecting, there's no way the discovery of the six will be delayed until the ad break that way, when it's a great place for the ad break to occur.

Can you imagine the chopped faces and everyone screaming and suddenly the glass breaks? First-time viewers will crap their pants.
Old 2009-07-01, 21:21   Link #811
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Can you imagine the chopped faces and everyone screaming and suddenly the glass breaks? First-time viewers will crap their pants.
The glass shattering in episode 1 was enough to get my heart-rate up just a tad because I forgot they were using it as a commercial bumper . I hope they use it well like they did with the blood splatter in the Higurashi commercial bumps.

Spoiler for Higurashi:
Old 2009-07-01, 21:44   Link #812
Wafflemania
It's a Devil's Proof!

Quote:
LOLOL i was scared out of my mind when i first heard rahu_goldenslaughtherer....Ryu really is a good writer to scare me....:3

I think that if the next ep doesnt end on rudolf's statement it should end at the end of day 1. Going to the finding of the bodies is wayy too fast...but if they really had to make the cuts they should have it end with genji whispering in natsuhi's ear and shock expression....

ON another note:
Censored Eva-Takano and unproportional natsuhi are epic win xDDD
Old 2009-07-01, 21:55   Link #813
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafflemania View Post
but if they really had to make the cuts they should have it end with genji whispering in natsuhi's ear and shock expression....
That would be a kind of absurd ending, especially since the bodies would then be found right at the beginning of I-3. High-tension events are a really bad way to kick off an episode.

Irrelevantly, one thing I think is done really well here is that there are no episode previews (other than the displaying of the episode name in the ED). It'll make the upcoming events more shocking for newbies, I think.
Old 2009-07-01, 22:00   Link #814
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

They cut out the scenes when Ange was mentioned. I was wondering, does Battler ever explain that he was absent and that his mom died?

Old 2009-07-01, 22:04   Link #815
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
They cut out the scenes when Ange was mentioned. I was wondering, does Battler ever explain that he was absent and that his mom died?
No he doesn't. My guess is he might do it next episode, when (if) Rudolf says he'll be dying. It isn't explained either that Kyrie is his step-mother.
Old 2009-07-01, 22:10   Link #816
Saerianne
*cackle*

I agree with them not showing the anime previews.
It'd all be the same thing if they did it anyway. XD -insert 18 dead bodies here, here and here-
Old 2009-07-01, 22:11   Link #817
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
If our guess about episode 2 ending with Rudolf's proclamation is correct, there should be plenty of time for talking about that sort of stuff. Specifically, when Battler sits down with Kyrie for a chat, he may do some narration explaining his family situation to the audience.

But hell, I'm not the director. That's just a wild guess
Old 2009-07-01, 22:13   Link #818
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Well, wild guessing is what this thread is about ("Expectations"), right?
Old 2009-07-01, 22:17   Link #819
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Speaking of wild guesses, do you think they will keep in Jessica's school concert complete with Tsurupetan?
Old 2009-07-01, 22:18   Link #820
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
Quote:
Speaking of wild guesses, do you think they will keep in Jessica's school concert complete with Tsurupetan?
Well, Silver Forest IS in the credits...
Closed Thread