Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-10-21, 12:50   Link #22761
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
MG 1/100 Gundam Sandrock EW - Review by YellowSubmarine HobbyShop Blog
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2011/1...review-by.html

A review on the MG Sandrock EW... Very cool kit. I just wish that these engineering on the model kits were used on the MG Wing EW and MG Wing Zero EW..

>_>
the wing EW and wing zero EW are both from 2004. (the new wing EW is essentially the same as the old wing ver.ka afterall). so these kits are 7 years old! thats just 4 or 5 years after bandai incorporated a full inner frame in their models and their molding technology wasnt as good back then as well. you gotta cut them some slack there, for their time these models were awesome!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 13:00   Link #22762
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
the wing EW and wing zero EW are both from 2004. (the new wing EW is essentially the same as the old wing ver.ka afterall). so these kits are 7 years old! thats just 4 or 5 years after bandai incorporated a full inner frame in their models and their molding technology wasnt as good back then as well. you gotta cut them some slack there, for their time these models were awesome!
True. But if they were marking them as "new" EW line of MG kits, they should have given the Wing and Wing Zero EW the full treatment... i mean they are the leads from the Wing series...
Old 2011-10-21, 13:17   Link #22763
Appel

Quote:
True. But if they were marking them as "new" EW line of MG kits, they should have given the Wing and Wing Zero EW the full treatment... i mean they are the leads from the Wing series...
well the wing zero already is an EW kit so they didnt have to re-release that one. but the wing gundam ver.ka got new colors and it can now be mounted on a standard action base. thats good enough for me!^^
what else should have been added to them in your opinion? and dont say better hands because those all suck on the entire EW MG line XD
Old 2011-10-21, 13:40   Link #22764
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
well the wing zero already is an EW kit so they didnt have to re-release that one. but the wing gundam ver.ka got new colors and it can now be mounted on a standard action base. thats good enough for me!^^
what else should have been added to them in your opinion? and dont say better hands because those all suck on the entire EW MG line XD
Well better hands could be one. At least the "new" EW Master Grade kits have those swapping finger hands with the peg on the hands.

Aside from that:

- more clear parts so you don't have to use stickers
- a full inner frame
Old 2011-10-21, 13:57   Link #22765
Appel

Quote:
Well better hands could be one. At least the "new" EW Master Grade kits have those swapping finger hands with the peg on the hands.

Aside from that:

- more clear parts so you don't have to use stickers
- a full inner frame
the stickers they used on both kits are standard issue. you have a sticker for the eye and the head sensors which is the standard for all MGs.
then there are three for the search eye and the two sensors on the arms. im fine with that! and if you want to you can always paint them. these are model kits afterall and not just toys^^ if you want them to be perfect you gotta invest some more ttime in them. thats especially the case with the older kits!

and the frame of both kits is more or less complete. only the arms and the shoulders dont have a complete inner frame. but i really dont see how a full frame there would improve the kits since all joints are made like current MGs.
Old 2011-10-21, 14:08   Link #22766
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
the stickers they used on both kits are standard issue. you have a sticker for the eye and the head sensors which is the standard for all MGs.
then there are three for the search eye and the two sensors on the arms. im fine with that! and if you want to you can always paint them. these are model kits afterall and not just toys^^ if you want them to be perfect you gotta invest some more ttime in them. thats especially the case with the older kits!

and the frame of both kits is more or less complete. only the arms and the shoulders dont have a complete inner frame. but i really dont see how a full frame there would improve the kits since all joints are made like current MGs.
Well if they had the finger swapping or at least a peg on the hand, that would improve the kit a lot. I also think they need to work on the details for the weapons to have more colors on it.

Also, they should at least have a clear plastic for the eye & forehead camera, or do the clear green...
Old 2011-10-22, 01:34   Link #22767
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 01:39   Link #22768
Kitaeryu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
I was really happy when I saw this. Then I saw the robot damashii part. Then I was less happy.
Old 2011-10-22, 04:18   Link #22769
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
prepare to cost a bomb for the seravee....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 05:15   Link #22770
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Free 1/144 Grandslam with every purchase of Hobby Japan April 2012. Like all previous freebies, it will go uncoloured.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 06:34   Link #22771
casval cehack

The HG Strike on the left can't even hold it properly. With chrome paint, RG Strike and Grand Slam can now pose as a mini-PG.
Old 2011-10-22, 07:25   Link #22772
pumpkins

Quote:
Free 1/144 Grandslam with every purchase of Hobby Japan April 2012. Like all previous freebies, it will go uncoloured.
cool! is it the first grand slam for 1/144 scale? i only remember the MGs and PGs coming with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
The HG Strike on the left can't even hold it properly. With chrome paint, RG Strike and Grand Slam can now pose as a mini-PG.
yup, i think that'll be what most people will be doing with it! lets hope there's more goodies coming out for SEED.
pumpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 17:45   Link #22773
casval cehack

Full LED - frame gunpla. The definitive Unicorn build (it's 1/144!). Very impressive.
Old 2011-10-23, 07:26   Link #22774
00Q
00 Fanboy

Quote:
Meh id rather see a proper seravee unit for the 1/144 Raphael Gundam.
00Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 19:25   Link #22775
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Q View Post
Meh id rather see a proper seravee unit for the 1/144 Raphael Gundam.
I'd abandon that hope right now if I were you. It's clearly obvious Bandai has lost faith in 00 when it comes to the 1/144 line.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 03:15   Link #22776
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I'd abandon that hope right now if I were you. It's clearly obvious Bandai has lost faith in 00 when it comes to the 1/144 line.
Nothing to do with faith, just marketing and new products. 00 is out, AGE is in for Bandai. All resource now go into the devellopment and marketing of AGE products. Maybe he will get a RG or MG someday, but i doubt it, Rafael aint exactly a pretty gundam and doesn't have a huge fanbase just like most movie gundams.

Face it,for bandai 00 is old news just like seed was when 00 begun. But there is always hope in say like 5 years if you pray really really hard .

Now we start praying for my 1/144 HG M1 astray

On a sidenote anybody here ever compared the 1/144 HG exia with Super HCM Pro exia?
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 15:12   Link #22777
Appel

im currently working on my photo for the G-shot 2011 competition :P
im pretty much limited to the "best straight build" cetegory though... i dont have a proper camera so "best photo" is out of the question. i dont have the resources for a diorama, i dont customize my models and the only paintjobs i did are with the stock colors which is not wanted int he "best paintjob" category...
so im jost gonna try to snap a REALLY good photo of my PG astray and hope for the best! XD

is anyone else here going to enter that competition?^^

Last edited by Appel; 2011-10-24 at 15:26.
Old 2011-10-24, 16:03   Link #22778
Butagami

Quote:
im currently working on my photo for the G-shot 2011 competition :P
im pretty much limited to the "best straight build" cetegory though... i dont have a proper camera so "best photo" is out of the question. i dont have the resources for a diorama, i dont customize my models and the only paintjobs i did are with the stock colors which is not wanted int he "best paintjob" category...
so im jost gonna try to snap a REALLY good photo of my PG astray and hope for the best! XD

is anyone else here going to enter that competition?^^
I wish you the best with that. As for me, my builds so far have sucked incredibly, so I won't submit. Gotta practice first
Old 2011-10-24, 16:41   Link #22779
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
I wish you the best with that. As for me, my builds so far have sucked incredibly, so I won't submit. Gotta practice first

and why do your builds suck?^^ i mean, you can just submit a straight build kit to this contest for example. you just need to make sure that you cut everything properly. you dont even have to panel line it for this, decals are optional as well!

and taking a decent photo of the kit isnt that difficult as well:

thats just a test photo though. i wanted to try something else but the lighting didnt work out for me.
im gonna take a new set of photos tomorrow so that i can actually use the daylight to get sharper photos^^
Old 2011-10-24, 16:54   Link #22780
Butagami

Quote:

and why do your builds suck?^^ i mean, you can just submit a straight build kit to this contest for example. you just need to make sure that you cut everything properly. you dont even have to panel line it for this, decals are optional as well!

and taking a decent photo of the kit isnt that difficult as well:

thats just a test photo though. i wanted to try something else but the lighting didnt work out for me.
im gonna take a new set of photos tomorrow so that i can actually use the daylight to get sharper photos^^
Your RF looks awesome.

As for sucking, it's just nubmarks galore. Planning to go back to my small share of kits to finish them off a little better. They're only HG's but still deserve some more attention. Got me a hobbyknife and some cutters, going by the hardwarestore this week to buy some really fine grit sandingpaper, and then I'm off! Well.... after the examweek....

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy