AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-04-18, 02:29   Link #13181
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Oh, I missed the part where this Andrew Hussie serialized in Weekly Shounen Jump.
Can you elaborate which universe he did?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
How the hell am I even comparing them?

Reread what I said ffs.

He tried to reset things with Fullbring, had massive drops in sales and bottom 5 tanked for most of the arc, he's now clearly in his final arc. If Fullbring was a success I doubt we'll be having this conversation.

You ignore the fact that his final arc could take 3 years to finish, Naruto has been in final arc mode for a while too.
I'm bringing it up because you guys are talking about Bleach polls, as if that has any relevance to Medaka Box.

Hint: It doesn't.

If you're not comparing, why are you talking about Bleach in this thread in the first place?

Let me make it simple:
For Medaka Box, polls mattered.
For Bleach, polls did not matter. Not yet anyways, not until his sales sunk to below the threshold. (Like Nurarihyon did)
Old 2013-04-18, 02:30   Link #13182
Lupus753

You were talking about trolling creators learning from each other. So, I chimed in. My brain isn't working well right now.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:35   Link #13183
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I'm bringing it up because you guys are talking about Bleach polls, as if that has any relevance to Medaka Box.

Hint: It doesn't.

If you're not comparing, why are you talking about Bleach in this thread in the first place?
Da fac? why don't you quote all the other times people talk about jump manga in here instead of crying this one time.

And you response to someone talking OT about other jump manga is to bring Sket Dance and Beezlebub into the discussion? Amazing, just amazing.

I'm talking about Bleach because someone said it didn't get as many bottom 5s as Medaka even though during Fullbring it did, if you care to read the discussion it was only the latter half of quote talking about Kubo being a troll like Nisio, honestly have no idea why you're even being this obtuse unless you're butthurt i rubbished Kubo's trolling "ability", if so get over it, he's trash.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:37   Link #13184
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Da fac? why don't you quote all the other times people talk about jump manga in here instead of crying this one time.

And you response to someone talking OT about other jump manga is to bring Sket Dance and Beezlebub into the discussion? Amazing, just amazing.

I'm talking about Bleach because someone said it didn't get as many bottom 5s as Medaka even though during Fullbring it did.
Um.

When I make OT comparisons, I claim I'm making OT comparisons.
You're claiming you're NOT making comparisons. I said, if you're NOT comparing Bleach with Medaka, why bring it up in the thread?

Westlo, what the hell man? You drunk?

And yes, I realize you're not the one who brought it up.
My response was to the conversation in general.
Old 2013-04-18, 02:40   Link #13185
Westlo
Lets be reality

Are you telling me the disastrous polling (which was mirrored by sales drop off) of Fullbring arc had no bearing on the future direction of Bleach? lmao.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:42   Link #13186
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Are you telling me the disastrous polling of Fullbring arc had no bearing on the future direction of Bleach? lmao.
Of course it did. It most likely made him drop from the "title manga" position, and told by the editors to shape up.
But he is not in any danger of getting canned, not until the sales drop to half of current run.

Shuueisha is not going to can a series that's making them millions dude.
They will, however, tell him/her to do better.

In comparison, Medaka in fact WAS constantly in danger of getting canned.
Thanks to many other series performing in the suckage, it lucked out. Sorta like how Kurogane lucked out for so long despite having quite a bit of suckage. LOL.

Keep in mind the sales drop is talking about going from a million seller to 800k seller.
Not "never hitting above 200k to begin with". There's a huge difference between Bleach and Medaka.
Old 2013-04-18, 02:53   Link #13187
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Westlo vs Aohige...more entertaining than any manga.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:55   Link #13188
Lupus753

Still not as fun as when Sol Falling would launch wall of text arguments against nearly anyone.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 02:58   Link #13189
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I don't even like Bleach, (or Medaka Box for the matter) just speaking from realistically how Jump editorial handles things, and where those two manga lie as franchise value in their hands.

There's basically two separate requirements for manga running WSJ to meet, and survival of the title depends on filling one or the other.
One affects the sales of the magazine, therefore its base shaping as well as ad revenue, while the other affects actual book sales revenue.

While the bulk revenue is dependent on the latter, it cannot exist without the former.
Old 2013-04-18, 03:50   Link #13190
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Kumagawa Mogana sure has a nice ring to it. I guess it has to be her, since all other competitor's for Kumagawa don't seem to be involved in any way, but we best wait for the chapter.
Kind of makes sense when Mogana says I wish for him to grow to be as strong willed as you. Last I checked Kugamawa as a minus is not exactly strong willed. Someone might disagree espcially since I don't agree myself as Kumagawa is pretty stronged will but he is a minus.
Old 2013-04-18, 06:17   Link #13191
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Bleach was bottom 5 more often than you would think, especially during the Fullbring arc. Probably the reason why Kubo got told to move onto the final arc even after he was trying to "reset" things.

And Kubo trolls? lolfanbase... it's bad enough with Nisio but at least he's a genius at times (wait until you see how the "big issue" in the next tv series is resolved, when I saw the foreshadowing in Nise, godlike), with Kubo it's just being trash.
So? Medaka Box stays at bottom 5 more often than Bleach. For Bleach case, Kubo at least aware of results and and actually improve his manga, it so it will break away from bottom 5. And I can't say the same for Medaka. Because it stayed at bottom 5 too often, it actually left quite a deep impression for me that this series was in very sad state.

Also, almost everyone knows that Kubo is more an artist than a writer, yet he trashed Nishio so hard in the weekly ranking, considering that Nishio was actually a writer which hailed by almost everyone as a genius writer.

Yeah, Kubo troll, but at least he can balance the trolling element in his work. Nishio? This guy build-up his story and made it interesting, and guess what? He completely destroying it with his own hand just because he favors trolling for no good reason than writing a good story for his audience. Just look at his recent arcs, I facepalm so hard,

For you, Kubo is trash, but in my eye, Nishio is worse than a trash.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 06:25   Link #13192
DawnEmperor

Overall thoughts:
It was an interesting series, certainly made me think a lot more(considering the many wall of text arguments that've happened on this forum). I'm exaggerating a bit, but it's definitely furthered my understanding in terms of analyzing the themes and drawing my own interpretations.

From a pure enjoyment perspective I admit I was miffed at the constant genre shifting but now it's pretty much emblematic of the series.

I think a lot of you guys got a bit sidetracked by your dislike for a character, and while I have characters I dislike, I think it's better to think in terms of overall story and archetypes. Now it's not invalid to criticize the execution, but I think there was lot of delving into just..."boring", which is a subjective which frankly I can't get behind.

Certainly characters have not really reached their full potentials. And I admit that there've been a lot of chapters with just waiting...and anticipating with varying payoffs. But I think there are a few highlights which continue to stick out for me.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 06:58   Link #13193
novalysis

I think Medaka Box would have done well - as a Seinen LN series, set outside a school setting. The use and prospects of adults using abnormalities in the Business world and other fields must be very terrifying, unless you are Medaka.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 08:27   Link #13194
Homura7

Never thought I would be seeing an epic duel between Aohige and Westlo.

Anyway, you guys disappoint me, how come you still didn't post this beauty.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 08:34   Link #13195
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Never thought I would be seeing an epic duel between Aohige and Westlo.

Anyway, you guys disappoint me, how come you still didn't post this beauty.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Need to know which lucky fella caught her.
Old 2013-04-18, 08:41   Link #13196
willx
Nyaaan~~

Personally I thought the series suffered when Ajimu died..

So, no one has answered my question about Nabeshima -- someone's spoiler was that she has an injured leg or only one leg? When the hell did that happen!?
Old 2013-04-18, 11:19   Link #13197
bastek66

Nabeshima hurt her leg and no one fix it with Five Forks. F*cking stupid.
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 11:40   Link #13198
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
WTF .. when the hell did that happen and how is that possible? That sounds retarded.
Old 2013-04-18, 11:46   Link #13199
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Abilities in this series only exist when the author remembers that they do.
This is why Medaka Box is bad.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 11:47   Link #13200
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
WTF .. when the hell did that happen and how is that possible? That sounds retarded.
Aka became unable to use Five Forks, just like Emukae can no longer use her Raff Rafflesia
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council