AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 33 25.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 37.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 23.62%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.57%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 3.15%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-07, 08:27   Link #41
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Not yet seen the episode, but I've already heard that the Karaoke ED this time is "CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA".

It's gonna be some time before I get my hands on the ep, but oh wow, just seeing the song title brings back all the memories. I remember singing like crazy when I was a kid (sometime in the early to mid 1990s) everytime the song was played on TV.
Old 2007-05-07, 09:24   Link #42
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Not yet seen the episode, but I've already heard that the Karaoke ED this time is "CHA-LA HEAD CHA-LA".

It's gonna be some time before I get my hands on the ep, but oh wow, just seeing the song title brings back all the memories. I remember singing like crazy when I was a kid (sometime in the early to mid 1990s) everytime the song was played on TV.
I was always amused by how it was almost the only song they ever used for like the first couple saga's. I mean at least once an episode you'd here some instrumental remix of it for BGM. Ah Toei, you and your one awesome theme is all we need philosophy of the late 80's.

Lucky Star also has only a couple of background pieces that seem to cycle as well I've noticed after viewing 4 episodes, but then again they hardly need BGM anyway. It's so subtle too, which I like. It's almost incredible they haven't done a Seiyuu Vocal Song Montage yet other than the ending. That is in my opinion the best place to have them as they kind of intrude on the episode if you've ever tried to watch an episode of Gundam Seed where they are talking and T.M Revolution is singing at the same time. Get's incredibly confusing.

Thinking of Chala-Head-Chala, we never really got it in Canada. We didn't even get Cartoon Network's Rock The Dragon. We got some horrible mutated version of Rock The Dragon that was even more repetitive and just had the singer saying "Dragon Dragon Ball! Dragon Ball Z! Dragon Dragon Ball! Z!" over and over for like 45 seconds. You were pretty lucky I guess.
Old 2007-05-07, 10:21   Link #43
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
Thinking of Chala-Head-Chala, we never really got it in Canada. We didn't even get Cartoon Network's Rock The Dragon. We got some horrible mutated version of Rock The Dragon that was even more repetitive and just had the singer saying "Dragon Dragon Ball! Dragon Ball Z! Dragon Dragon Ball! Z!" over and over for like 45 seconds. You were pretty lucky I guess.
That was pretty horrible. Cartoon Network had another song? Lucky them. I heard, though, the original opening was actually playing behind the song, but I never payed enough attention to it to hear it.

I recognised the song, but didn't remember where it came from until I read about it here when Konata sung it in the ed though.
Old 2007-05-07, 10:53   Link #44
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
That was pretty horrible. Cartoon Network had another song? Lucky them. I heard, though, the original opening was actually playing behind the song, but I never payed enough attention to it to hear it.

I recognised the song, but didn't remember where it came from until I read about it here when Konata sung it in the ed though.
Yes Cartoon Network's song had a total of three extra words "Rock" "Dragon" and "The". It made its way through to YTV's version one time mysteriously and wasn't much better.

Another thing that just hit me is how it would be quite funny if Konata somehow made fun of the butchering period of anime in America, which peaked in the 90's and settled down afterward. I don't think any comedy anime has ever commented on that before. Maybe that foreigner girl will bring some hacked up U.S broadcast anime with her and confuse the cat (Konata that is).
Old 2007-05-07, 19:01   Link #45
Level E
みwiki

Ahaha, Balsamic-酢~ っス~ www

hehe, Love this episode. Tsukasa is soooooooo cute!
The humor is REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY deep.

Like the wordplay with episode title, equilibrium, and then pulling that comptiq issue at the end.
And the various FMP ones. LOL.
うんうん、ころころしてかわいいね。 カエルみたいで
つかさ、「劣化ウラン」知ってんるのか? すごいね~

All around, great EP, if you can catch those references and get net-speak. ^^
Old 2007-05-07, 19:44   Link #46
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Just finished watching the raw, and though I didn't understand all that much, I already really love this episode. (I couldn't stop smiling!) I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it even more when the subs come out.

Spoiler for Episode 5~:

Will wait to rate (*poet and didn't know it* ) until I watch some subs, w00t!
Old 2007-05-07, 20:33   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It'd be "anime original" but a South Park / WoW virtual world escapade segment with Kona and Kuroi (one of the Korean MMOs or FFsomething) would be amusing.
Old 2007-05-07, 20:58   Link #48
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Final Fantasy XI was already used in Welcome to the NHK!, so I don't know if it'd be totally original to portray it. It is more popular in Japan than it is in America, where WoW dominates.

I do believe they mentioned that Konata's RPG has 6-player parties. Plus, one of the shots of Konata playing on her computer in the 4-koma manga showed a display screen similar to FFXI's. But I think a more obsure MMORPG would be funnier.

Typing that reminds me of my days of working with friends to restore the light of the crystals by battling the evil fiend...
Old 2007-05-07, 21:18   Link #49
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, I'd prefer they use an imaginary MMO ... just pick and choose standard elements for the humor factor (or play fast and loose with them like lfgcomic does to stay clear of "issues"). But.. we've never seen that in the manga (unless it appears in volume 4 which I ordered but is still in transit).
Old 2007-05-07, 21:20   Link #50
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It'd be "anime original" but a South Park / WoW virtual world escapade segment with Kona and Kuroi (one of the Korean MMOs or FFsomething) would be amusing.
That inspires me to try something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
Final Fantasy XI was already used in Welcome to the NHK!, so I don't know if it'd be totally original to portray it. It is more popular in Japan than it is in America, where WoW dominates.

I do believe they mentioned that Konata's RPG has 6-player parties. Plus, one of the shots of Konata playing on her computer in the 4-koma manga showed a display screen similar to FFXI's. But I think a more obsure MMORPG would be funnier.

Typing that reminds me of my days of working with friends to restore the light of the crystals by battling the evil fiend...
I'm rather disappointed with the lack of good, cute MMOs here. I have a friend who's been trying to get me into WoW for forever (e_e), but I haven't heard or seen anything of it that I actually like. I think the main thing is that I hate having to be in huge parties to get anything rare - there's bound to be one or two idiots in the group. I dislike playing completely alone (which is why I've quit a few MMOs) but I do like being in small groups of friends.

As for Kona... I was under the assumption that she plays a bunch of different games. *shrugs*
Old 2007-05-07, 21:25   Link #51
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Well, if cute is all you're looking for in an MMORPG, there's the disgustingly cute and sugary Maple Story. Too bad the average age of its players is probably not even in the double digits, though. I also dislike WoW too, so you're not alone on that.

But yeah, I'd be fine with an unnamed smorgasborg of RPG cliches for Konata's game as well. I'd love to see a scene where she complains about RMT problems in MMORPGs. But that should come after watching her play Trauma Center: Second Opinion on the Wii.
Old 2007-05-07, 21:27   Link #52
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

aye... I rarely play anymore unless I'm soloing or my family/friends are the ones I'm slogging with. The Kona/Kuroi encounters bring a smile because I'm sometimes asking the troll next to me if she's done her essay or how the tauren did on his AP Chem exam and if he needs tutoring for the next one. My older ("grownup") son is supposed to studying for a certification and I'll catch him online sometimes (ah ha!) when he's supposedly taking an online practice exam.

I'd love to find a nice well-animated anime-ish MMO but until WoW dies off with my "pod" I can only handle one MMO at a time.

Can't wait to see the festival segment (I'm a sucker for all those yukata anyway in real life ... and I think the guys should dress up more traditionally too... sissies ).
Old 2007-05-07, 21:43   Link #53
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Quote:
Well, if cute is all you're looking for in an MMORPG, there's the disgustingly cute and sugary Maple Story. Too bad the average age of its players is probably not even in the double digits, though. I also dislike WoW too, so you're not alone on that.
Ick, ick, ick! I didn't last 10 seconds on Maple Story. No offense, but I hated it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'd love to find a nice well-animated anime-ish MMO but until WoW dies off with my "pod" I can only handle one MMO at a time.

Can't wait to see the festival segment (I'm a sucker for all those yukata anyway in real life ... and I think the guys should dress up more traditionally too... sissies ).
Aah... "nice well-animated anime-ish MMO" is exactly what I'm looking for... I've basically come to accept that I'll only be able to play those types when I learn Japanese or Korean... you might be surprised what some of my reasons are for wanting to learn Japanese in the first place... they really go to show what a "studious" student I am. :P

I'm totally looking forward to wearing my yukata sometimes in Japan. Here, people give me weird looks. ...Dang, I need to post pics of my yukata sometime...

I was about to start pixelating Kona and sticking her in some random game (I'm most familiar with RO) but I realized that she probably would have a macho beefy guy as her sprite instead of one that actually resembles her. For some reason when I think of what sprite Kuroi would have, a bunny ear-wearing, skimpily-dressed dancer comes to mind.
Old 2007-05-07, 21:51   Link #54
Meophist

Considering pretty much every game they've used so far is based on (or is) an actual game, I'm pretty sure she's playing an actual MMO, not a imaginary one.

Although I've played and enjoyed WoW for as long as my first time card lasted, I do admit I would like to see some sort of more Japanese-ish MMO, hopefully with more action elements rather than straight RPG ones.
Old 2007-05-07, 21:55   Link #55
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Agreed, I'd love to join you guys in an anime-ish MMORPG, lol. Until then I'll have to make do with my random Fire Emblem signatures...I need to make one for Lucky☆Star sometime...

And I'm pretty sure Konata's in-game character is male. She definitely strikes me as a heavily melee-oriented type of player. Which is a shame, since I personally prefer long-ranged combat, such as mages or archers.
Old 2007-05-07, 22:16   Link #56
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Well... considering what KyoAni did with the "Day of the Sagittarius" in SHnY... Having an episode in which they animate the gameworld of Konata's MMORPG is not off the books.

It will be very entertaining to see Nanako-sensei dressed as a Mage, while Konata is dressed as a tank (frontline melee damage absorber, for those not in the know).

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-07, 22:22   Link #57
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

On a not-so-random note... I have agree that Kona seems like the tank type, just packing punches (or a sword, whatever) while having others heal her. For Kuroi, I'm not so sure. Maybe something in which she can cast a few spells but be able to get in there and fight, too. Kagamiya strikes me as being a long-range shooter, maybe an archer or ninja of some sort. Tsukasa would be a mage/healer, and Miyuki... an NPC. (*dodges thrown bricks*) Well, it makes sense. XD

...Not like Kagamiya, Tsukasa, or Miyuki would be caught playing MMOs anyways.
Old 2007-05-07, 22:43   Link #58
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Agreed, I'd love to join you guys in an anime-ish MMORPG, lol. Until then I'll have to make do with my random Fire Emblem signatures...I need to make one for Lucky☆Star sometime...

And I'm pretty sure Konata's in-game character is male. She definitely strikes me as a heavily melee-oriented type of player. Which is a shame, since I personally prefer long-ranged combat, such as mages or archers.
But then you'd mesh well with Kona (tank;ranged;...) all you'd need is a "healing type mahou shoujo"
Old 2007-05-07, 22:47   Link #59
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well... considering what KyoAni did with the "Day of the Sagittarius" in SHnY... Having an episode in which they animate the gameworld of Konata's MMORPG is not off the books.

It will be very entertaining to see Nanako-sensei dressed as a Mage, while Konata is dressed as a tank (frontline melee damage absorber, for those not in the know).

Cheers.
That would be crazy awesome actually. I'd support this idea, but only if they have damage counters going off above there heads when they take a hit.

I also found the Chala Head Chala ED and its back to the spastic version, except this time some of the lyrics are completely butchered. Specifically my favourite part of the song, which goes "Toketa koori no naka ni
Kyouryuu ga itara tamanori shikomitai ne", which becomes "Doketa Kowowi To Dakari Kyoruluri Ga Ikara Tamanori Hikari Retari Ne" followed by some screeching. Even in the spirit of bad Karaoke its a bit much I've gotta say, not pleasant in the slightest and definitely not worthy of a single release, which I think even the others from episode 1-4 might see. I guess I'm too assume only the series they worked on are deserving of a well sung version of the song. We may find out in the future.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-08 at 00:17.
Old 2007-05-08, 00:34   Link #60
Telliamed
sensei no pet

So Hirano singing well (Sore ga Ai Deshou) is bad.
And Hirano singing poorly (Chala Head Chala) is bad?

Whatever. I liked this weeks ED. I'd especially be interested in seeing a live performance of it.
Closed Thread