AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-11, 08:46   Link #41
Sebasu
~

I believe Yukiatsu really meant to go out with Anaru to help each other move on. Stealing her from Jintan wouldn't really hurt him anyway, because basically Jintan doesn't even have any feelings for Anaru. The thing is, I can't really see a rebound relationship being the true solution.

How he smiles and laugh with Anaru looked real to me, and IIRC nobody (even Tsuruko) made him show that side since they grew up.

I really hate how he treats Tsuruko though.
Old 2011-06-11, 10:17   Link #42
fazer

I might have step on a mine lol.

Its really just my opinion, seeing my post really made me realize I don't like Yukiatsu at all...

Your points are valid, he is human nonetheless and the feeling of been left out could have made him genuinely long for a relationship.

And it is true that he seems to enjoy his conversations more with Anjo, since Tsuroko read him like a book maybe that's the reason why he didn't like her?

And also the way Anjo reacts to his teases are really quite adorable, I believe she is genuinely not flirting, she is rather childish.

Yukiatsu could have treated Tsuruko better, since she was there for him most of the time, I guess Tsuruko is just not as fun as Anjo? So Yukiatsu didn't ask her out?

On the part of being manipulative, its a big overstatement and yes I am really bias for saying that. After all he only made Tsuruko went to the stall to buy some cosplaying stuff.

I agree on the part of Jinta been a total idiot, how can he be so unfeeling towards Anjo after she has poured her heart out. Is he blind..or just so occupied with Menma..
Old 2011-06-11, 13:11   Link #43
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer View Post
I might have step on a mine lol.

Its really just my opinion, seeing my post really made me realize I don't like Yukiatsu at all...
lol no worries. it's interesting how people can view the same character and have vastly different opinions.

Quote:
Your points are valid, he is human nonetheless and the feeling of been left out could have made him genuinely long for a relationship.

And it is true that he seems to enjoy his conversations more with Anjo, since Tsuroko read him like a book maybe that's the reason why he didn't like her?
perhaps. maybe tsuroko's too similair to him or maybe it's just a platonic friendship. sometimes you can be friends with somebody and they're perfect but the romantic feelings aren't there. i don't think their lack of romance needs a more complicated explanation.

Quote:
And also the way Anjo reacts to his teases are really quite adorable, I believe she is genuinely not flirting, she is rather childish.
hmm anjo is childish and may not be conciously flirting but it seems like she's enjoying herself.

Quote:
Yukiatsu could have treated Tsuruko better, since she was there for him most of the time, I guess Tsuruko is just not as fun as Anjo? So Yukiatsu didn't ask her out?
treated her better how? i guess all the girls hating her could be an issue but tsuroko doesn't seem remotely affected by it.

Quote:
On the part of being manipulative, its a big overstatement and yes I am really bias for saying that. After all he only made Tsuruko went to the stall to buy some cosplaying stuff.
lol tsuroko could have always said no. it's not like he forced her, besides tsuroko seems to be a willing confidant/partner.

Quote:
I agree on the part of Jinta been a total idiot, how can he be so unfeeling towards Anjo after she has poured her heart out. Is he blind..or just so occupied with Menma..
the latter seems to be the most likely answer. i think he's just really self-centered and emotionally immature--i mean let's look at how he responds to menma who he clearly likes.
Old 2011-06-11, 13:15   Link #44
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
With everything it's tough to really get a feel for this guy. It's possible his motivations are to help him and Anaru move on. But it's also possible to be part of a wish to hurt Jintan. Step one is to help Menma to move on since that will rip her away from Jintan and then take away another girl who loves him. Now that would require a certain level of darkness, but there is plenty in Yukiatsu right now. We are talking about a guy who went around cross-dressing as Menma, has constantly been up for insulting or fighting with Jintan, and has a serious temper. Need more time to really decide what kind of motives he has.

Part of it really might just be that Anaru is easier for him to handle. She regrets bringing up things that might be hurtful like the cross-dressing thing and is easy to provoke. Maybe not the girl he wants, but is available (alive) and not as perceptive as Tsuruko.

Is interesting though to get a feel for those who see him in a better light. Plenty of ways to view a guy like him. Good to read through the thread to see both sides.
Old 2011-06-12, 06:23   Link #45
ZODDGUTS

If he wanted to hurt Jinta going out with Anjou wouldnt be it. Jinta has no feelings for her, not one single hint that he does.
Old 2011-06-12, 08:36   Link #46
fazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
If he wanted to hurt Jinta going out with Anjou wouldnt be it. Jinta has no feelings for her, not one single hint that he does.
I feel that Jinta has never seen Yukiatsu as a nemesis, it has always been Yukiatsu chasing after Jinta. Tsuruko mentioned that it seems like poor Yukiatsu is left behind again recently.

What I am trying to say is that whatever Yukiatsu have done is really to satisfy himself. The competition between the 2 has always been one-sided. Even if his intention to date Anjo isn't genuine, it probably isn't to hurt Jinta directly, more likely to satisfy himself.

But at this point, I think the signs are not clear enough to say whether he is genuine or not...

Rats...5 more days to the next release...
Old 2011-06-13, 02:59   Link #47
icatero
well, okay

I always wondered why Yukiatsu made sure to bring Tsuruko every time he went shopping for Manma material. It's not like she helped him pick out anything. Maybe he just didn't want to shop for girly things alone?
Old 2011-06-13, 06:59   Link #48
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by icatero View Post
I always wondered why Yukiatsu made sure to bring Tsuruko every time he went shopping for Manma material. It's not like she helped him pick out anything. Maybe he just didn't want to shop for girly things alone?
My guess would be, that it should look like, as if he would buy clothes for Tsuruko.
Old 2011-06-17, 07:15   Link #49
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

He is a freak but he is clearly the best character on this show imo.
Old 2011-06-17, 08:50   Link #50
kitten320

I started to like Yukiatsu but after last episode he still remains a freak who needs help -_-
Tsuruko needs to find someone else...
Old 2011-06-17, 17:24   Link #51
User68604
Disabled By Request

Yukiatsu is my least favorite character - every time i see him on screen, i roll my eyes and fastforward thru his dialogue
Old 2011-06-17, 18:21   Link #52
TrippedUp

^ Same here. I wonder why the hell did Tsuruko fall for him? He needs to get over his inferiority complex and maybe then we'll talk.
Old 2011-06-17, 19:01   Link #53
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippedUp View Post
^ Same here. I wonder why the hell did Tsuruko fall for him? He needs to get over his inferiority complex and maybe then we'll talk.
exactly, yukiatsu constantly bitches about how hes falling into jintan's pace. wahh wahh. what a baby, even since they were all kids.

He hasn't grown up even in the slightest. All he can do to try and throw Jintan off is by attempting to bully him, make snide remarks, and be an utter thorn in the side of a poor guy who has had nothing really going for him since the group of friends disbanded (aka the day Menma died). It's like pouring salt in the wound, and why?

Because the girl he loves, doesnt love him back? What a baby! It's jealousy and immaturity masked by an inferiority complex...masked by an attempt to act superior around Jintan.

Could not care less what happens to Yukiatsu...

strong rage lol, but IMO justified
Old 2011-06-17, 21:42   Link #54
Undertaker

But without Yukiatsu, Anohana won't be nearly as interesting...

You need antagonist to show off protagonist.

As some one already said, Yukiatsu/Jinta rivalry is reaaly one-sided affair from Yuiatsu's jealousy.

As for why Yukiatus goes after Anaru, IMO, is so the two can lick each other's wounds.
Old 2011-06-17, 21:54   Link #55
fazer

As much as I dislike Yukiatsu, he makes the story so much more interesting...and he seems like the only one who can make Tsuruko happy. I hope they get together eventually.
Old 2011-06-18, 02:14   Link #56
Sebasu
~

Just when I thought his character is finally getting better, I really didn't like anything he did on episode 10 at all. it just made his character so much less redeemable for me. Not giving any crap to Tsuruko, manipulating Anaru, still sniffing, and pushing hard to make Menma disappear so Jintan wouldn't one-up him again... it would be unlikely if he deserves to get a happy ending now.

But hey, he makes the show more talked-about and entertaining.
Old 2011-06-18, 08:23   Link #57
Kirarakim

Tsuruko and Anaru are my favorites now that we are 10 episodes in but I can't help but enjoy Yukiatsu as well. I think it is because he is voiced by Sakurai, pretty hard for me not to enjoy a character voiced by him.

But the sniffing wig scene was a bit creepy!
Old 2011-06-18, 12:17   Link #58
fazer

After episode 10, I kind of pity Yukiatus. He loves Menma and haven't gotten over her after all these years, I think he is very sad even though he doesn't cry, he express his sorrow in weird ways...

And the part way he edge Anjo to repeat the events of the fateful day, it seems like he did a good thing for Jinta to me, he created an opportunity amid an embarrassing and emotionally stressful scenario for Jinta to express his feelings for Menma.
Old 2011-06-19, 06:59   Link #59
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

i don't think he was manipulating anaru. the re-enactment had to happen, hell even poppo joined in. the point is that jintan needs to say what he really feels about menma, especially since yukiatsu already did. i agree 100% with fazer.

as for the sniffing...lol. i don't think it's necessairly a BAD thing. it's bizzare but everybody has their weird way of showing their grief. besides, i've seen on tv before people sniffing their loved one's clothes, it's an element of trying to recapture their scent and trigger memories. it's comforting. moreover, yukiatsu knows that jintan can see/interact with menma and sniffing is the closest he can get to menma. it's creepy but not the makings of a delinquent lol.

as for wanting menma to go to heaven...i'm pretty sure that tsuruko herself said that he was a coward who didn't want menma to go. i think his admittance at the end of the episode that he wants menma to go to heaven was him attempting to move on.
Old 2011-06-19, 07:50   Link #60
fazer

I really pity him and to a certain extent ablr to empathize how he feels, but I dunno if he really wants Menma to go to heaven for the sake of moving on :
He has this look on his face (while they were carrying the fireworks) that tells me : If I am not going to see and feel Menma, I would make sure Jinta don't as well...

I hope I am wrong but I think its a valid reaction for someone in his situation...to not be able to receive affection from his love of his life, and the worse is not been able to see, hear and feel her even though she is there.

Its like he have lost,( Menma doesn't love him) but continues to lose even more(now that Menma is back, he can't see her, he can't even see how Menma has become...)

I really pity him...so even if his intention is to make Menma disappear from Jinta, I think its valid...its even a good thing for Jinta.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters