AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-01-03, 07:13   Link #2161
Znail

If they want to they could make a flashback of the the missed part, move it in time to now (they don't have time to do it now either) or they can even bunch it up into one story, ie instead of them ignoring the quest the first time so do they do it right away.

Either way, GGO and Mothers Rosario should be about right for a 24 episodes, but Calber would fit as well and make it slightly faster paced.
Znail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 18:17   Link #2162
Flere821
Lurker

Maybe the Calibur stuff will be made into a movie instead?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-03, 18:48   Link #2163
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Maybe the Calibur stuff will be made into a movie instead?
it shouldn't be that hard to fit it in season 2. season 1 got the first 4 volumes and most of volume 8. GGO and MR are only 3 volumes and calibur is only 1 chapter so they should be able to fit all up to alicization in. Then they have some non volumized side stories to fill in the space.
Old 2014-01-03, 22:14   Link #2164
MasterVampire

So when does everyone think this will come out in 2014?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 03:37   Link #2165
cyberdemon

There is one scene I really hope they get in the anime even though it only gets a passing mention in the novel

Spoiler for novel:
Old 2014-01-04, 06:03   Link #2166
romcom89

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
So when does everyone think this will come out in 2014?
I think Summer 2014, cause the Rerun of Season 1 airs form January til June.
romcom89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-04, 06:56   Link #2167
Znail

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
There is one scene I really hope they get in the anime even though it only gets a passing mention in the novel

Spoiler for novel:
There is a lot that happens in these volumes that just gets passing mentions but will most likely be animated. This is why I think they will be able to fill up this season without trouble. You don't have to use spoiler tags either as this is a thread dedicated to spoilers. In fact, if it weren't then no matter the spoiler tags so would the post be deleted as spoilers are not permited in the wrong areas no matter the tags.
Old 2014-01-05, 02:57   Link #2168
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I'm probably out-of-touch with SAO, so forgive me for any errors for the moment;

So as I understand it, the whole GGO arc would fit into 13-14 episodes. It's a 'just-nice' length for the GGO arc, but doesn't cover the short stories and also breaks from S1 by just covering 1 arc.

Let's say Mother's Rosario gets animated as well (and in all honesty the only one I want to see animated). If 1 novel = 6 episodes, allowing for an extra episode for room to breathe would result in S2 going to 20 episodes.

Is 20 episodes for a season a norm?

And also, I'm hoping for short stories too: off the top of my head, I can only think of the Jotunheim sidequest and Calibre (good end), because MR is a side story of its own.

If anyone can confirm that Versus is unlikely? Animating Versus would probably just boost AW hype for S2, and that wouldn't sound right if the spring anime lineups have already come out...
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 12:14   Link #2169
GDB

No, 20 is highly unusual. It's possible, as some series do 10 episode cours, but ones with multiple cours in the same season generally don't seem to do less than 22 episodes. With such a near guarantee that SAO will sell like hotcakes, they'll go to the limit most likely and reach for 25-26 episodes.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 13:40   Link #2170
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
I'm probably out-of-touch with SAO, so forgive me for any errors for the moment;

So as I understand it, the whole GGO arc would fit into 13-14 episodes. It's a 'just-nice' length for the GGO arc, but doesn't cover the short stories and also breaks from S1 by just covering 1 arc.

Let's say Mother's Rosario gets animated as well (and in all honesty the only one I want to see animated). If 1 novel = 6 episodes, allowing for an extra episode for room to breathe would result in S2 going to 20 episodes.

Is 20 episodes for a season a norm?

And also, I'm hoping for short stories too: off the top of my head, I can only think of the Jotunheim sidequest and Calibre (good end), because MR is a side story of its own.

If anyone can confirm that Versus is unlikely? Animating Versus would probably just boost AW hype for S2, and that wouldn't sound right if the spring anime lineups have already come out...
The could get Calibur in as well which could add a few episodes. Then there are several non-volumized side stories that they could use.
Old 2014-01-05, 13:57   Link #2171
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

They'd probably throw in Caliber/SS the missed portion of Jotunheimr from ALO and maybe Vol 9 to tease everyone.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 14:19   Link #2172
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No, 20 is highly unusual. It's possible, as some series do 10 episode cours, but ones with multiple cours in the same season generally don't seem to do less than 22 episodes. With such a near guarantee that SAO will sell like hotcakes, they'll go to the limit most likely and reach for 25-26 episodes.
Really? Most 2-cour animes I've watched usually are around 24 to 26 episodes. Most 1-cour animes I've watched were no less than 12 or 13. I've only ever seen ONE 1-cour anime that only had 10 episodes, and that was Prisma Ilya.
Old 2014-01-05, 14:20   Link #2173
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
They'd probably throw in Caliber/SS the missed portion of Jotunheimr from ALO and maybe Vol 9 to tease everyone.
Forgot about that story. I can imagine it being them telling the story of how they found the location while they are preparing to take it on. Between the 2 of them I could potentially see 3 to 5 episodes.
Old 2014-01-05, 14:35   Link #2174
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Really? Most 2-cour animes I've watched usually are around 24 to 26 episodes. Most 1-cour animes I've watched were no less than 12 or 13. I've only ever seen ONE 1-cour anime that only had 10 episodes, and that was Prisma Ilya.
NouCome was also 10 episodes, and I think another in that season was as well (though I didn't watch it). Guilty Crown, Psycho Pass, and Silver Spoon are all 22 episode series split into 11 episode cours, in recent memory.

But yeah, 24-26 is the norm.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 15:03   Link #2175
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Most NotaminA series only have 8-11 episodes due to its special nature and time slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
NouCome was also 10 episodes, and I think another in that season was as well (though I didn't watch it). Guilty Crown, Psycho Pass, and Silver Spoon are all 22 episode series split into 11 episode cours, in recent memory.

But yeah, 24-26 is the norm.
All are NotaminA series..

------------------

But SAO isn't really fitting the experimental nature of NotaminA so I don't think this will be the cae for SAO.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 16:19   Link #2176
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I see then. So it does seem like we'll have quite a few side stories.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 17:04   Link #2177
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netto Azure View Post
Ever since I've heard this idea, I've been hoping SAO2 ends on Interlude 2 of Alicization.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 05:47   Link #2178
Znail

I think it's highly unlikely that we will get any part of the Alicization volumes. It's even possible that they will skip the cliffhanger before it. But I guess they could do the interlude right away and thus clear up the cliffhanger and make clear what is going on for the next season.
Old 2014-01-06, 07:19   Link #2179
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
I see then. So it does seem like we'll have quite a few side stories.
It might be heresy, but I wonder, would we see parts of SAO Girls Ops animated? Given that Mother's Rosario is going to be told from Asuna's PoV, I wonder whether they would prepare that change of PoV.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-06, 21:50   Link #2180
lightbringer
M9000

I don't have much to say that hasn't already been said, but I am really hyped about this. HELL YES. Been waiting for this since SAO started airing, pretty much. GGO is my most favorite arc, by a wide margin. I really hope they go for broke with 26 eps. Obviously GGO, plus MR and whatever else they can fit in. No chance that it will start UW, that's reserved for season 3 down the road, if ever. But whatever, it's finally time for GGO!
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote