Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-01, 03:35   Link #1361
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
This sucks totally. I was looking thru my DAO story screenshoots and they were absolutely gorgeous and characters/creatures looked godly.
DA2 graphics at high lvl can't even be compared to DAO, but it's only my opinion after all.
*looks back at the walking skeletons that were Origins humans and elves and their terrible hair*

*shudders*

I don't share that opinion. Creatures looked great in Origins. Dwarves too. But humans and elves looked absolutely terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Kind of worried about the graphics not changing much. Not that the graphics were bad, but could be the first sign of another attempt to throw out a quick sequel for quick cash. Though alone doesn't mean anything other than they are sticking with what has worked for them .
Remember that designing new graphics takes time and money. That time and money could instead be spend in making more varied levels.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 03:54   Link #1362
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
A lot of people were flipping out about the change to elves in DA2, but personally I thought it was great. The elves in DAO looked like humans with pointy ears... and bad hair. I like the "new" Dragon Age elves. They actually look inhuman now, which would be the whole point, right?
Old 2011-09-01, 04:30   Link #1363
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Also the qunari. Qunari in DA2 is far better than its predecessor...I also like DA2 darkspawn better than DAO...they just seems more scary

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 04:45   Link #1364
killer3000ad

Really it's all in the eye of the beholder. I really don't dig the art change in DA2. The darkspawn look like bad clowns, the elves look like aliens (Zevran what did they do to you) and Qunari look like demons. I personally prefer the elves in DA:O that looked like humans with pointy ears and I found the darkspawn DA:O more frightening.
Old 2011-09-01, 06:45   Link #1365
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Personally, I preferred the Darkspawn in Origins, up until I played Legacy. Then, that all changed.
Also, I like the more inhuman elves, myself.

And I wouldn't be caught dead defending the graphics of Origin against those of DA2. Even more so on a computer. There's just no comparison - even if DA2 isn't really what I'd call a graphically impressive game...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 09:56   Link #1366
killer3000ad

smudboy has some some good analysis on the problems with DA2's story, which I think is where DA2 fails most. I can deal with the art shift really but the story was to me like.... ehhh...
Old 2011-09-01, 10:55   Link #1367
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Nice analysis. Agree.
Old 2011-09-01, 11:11   Link #1368
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Interesting. I did like the story, myself - and most of the characters (my favorites were Varric and Isabella, actually). Not really on the same level as the ones from Origins, but not throwaway cardboard cuts, either.

The ending was actually shocking, my first time out. Didn't really see that coming.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 14:31   Link #1369
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

He makes a good point, some of these early quests could have been done before the time-skip and things would have made a lot more sense.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 00:54   Link #1370
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Better yet no time skips at all.
Old 2011-09-02, 05:13   Link #1371
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
smudboy has some some good analysis on the problems with DA2's story, which I think is where DA2 fails most. I can deal with the art shift really but the story was to me like.... ehhh...
*snip*
You know, I was planning to buy Dragon Age 2 and then I watched through this video and the rest of the parts. I usually don't pay much attention to fan rage but, this guy seems to be talking sense. Or to be more exact talking about a lot of nonsense.

...I get the feeling I'll be raging far too often at the plot to enjoy the game.

...the family all dead early in the game just because (they couldn't resist the cheap pathos could they?), characters going insane at a hat drop (wut Anders?), all mages are evil blood mages, even the reasonable ones...
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 01:10   Link #1372
killer3000ad

New DLC, Mark of the Assassin

Is it me or does the plot sound similiar to the Kasumi DLC for ME2?
Old 2011-09-16, 01:16   Link #1373
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

zomg felicia day
Old 2011-09-16, 02:18   Link #1374
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

if she's romanceable, make her straight, to even out with Sabastian, also... Same VAer? same skills? ... boring...

no female sten? bah
Old 2011-09-16, 02:26   Link #1375
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say that plot analysis completely makes sense to me. My real issue with DA2 was the plot so probably makes sense that I'm with that kind of criticism since it is logical. The timeskips were clearly that long just so Bioware could say "hey you're playing a game where the story covers this much time."

New DLC doesn't look bad. Might actually go back to the game once more DLC has been released and it feels worth it.
Old 2011-09-16, 04:20   Link #1376
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

So I guess they're moving (or perhaps preparing for DA3) to Orlesian's plot right now? I hope we can get a glimpse of hints on why Orlesian is trying to attack Ferelden now.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 10:01   Link #1377
Who

My guess is that Orlais views this is as ample opportunity to take advantage of the fact that Ferelden was severely weakened after the Blight, even if it was only a 1-2 year ordeal. There's also the fact that it might have an inexperienced ruler (my guess is that a good majority of players picked Alistair to rule or jointly rule), so Orlais' empress might want to take advantage of that as well.

In terms of the DLC, looks very nice. It almost seems like it's not meant for DA2. And yay at it being stealth based according to devs at BSN.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 10:50   Link #1378
Irkalla
I asked for this

I get to wear a fancy dress and go to an aristocratic party? Count me in.
Old 2011-09-16, 18:50   Link #1379
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Mark of the Assassin? More like Mark of the Thief if this trailer is any indication

Huh, I didn't thought they would add another character. I wonder if she will have a memorable impact in Act 3?

Spoiler for :
Old 2011-09-16, 20:21   Link #1380
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
if she's romanceable, make her straight, to even out with Sabastian, also... Same VAer? same skills? ... boring...

no female sten? bah
I doubt very seriously that a DLC-only NPC, who only appears in a DLC that is probably about the same length as Legacy (about 2-ish hours at the most), will have a romantic subplot. Kasumi in ME2 didn't even have real dialogue, much less a romance, after her loyalty mission was over. And you actually get to keep her for the entire game.

Your odd obsession with whether romances are straight or gay is really starting to get on my nerves.

Tags
bioware, ps3, rpg, windows, xbox360