AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 4 13.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 23.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 30.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-13, 10:29   Link #1
4Tran

Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Valkyria Chronicles, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-06-13, 14:51   Link #2
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep11:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-06-13, 15:16   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep11:
You and me both.

& i laughed at your reaction to Cordelia's head wear. Seriously, that's self defence right there at it's best.
Old 2009-06-13, 16:00   Link #4
Runty

Found an early raw, like serenade_beta did. Don't ask where; that's rule-breaking 101.
Spoiler for Episode 11:
To be continued, it seems...

Good plot development, btw. I was surprised that Isara got to bring Hans to the ball, considering he's a piglet. Is he house trained?
Spoiler for Next episode:
Old 2009-06-13, 16:25   Link #5
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

l must say a big WTF moment when cordelia took her head gear off.....
heh and
Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-13, 17:16   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Found an early raw, like serenade_beta did.
I don't see why people jump to conclusions that others watch raws. You know there are people on this forum that live in Japan that can watch on tv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
heh and
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Old 2009-06-13, 18:58   Link #7
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Found an early raw, like serenade_beta did. Don't ask where; that's rule-breaking 101.
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Any reason they keep adding scenes for these two?
Old 2009-06-13, 19:24   Link #8
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see why people jump to conclusions that others watch raws. You know there are people on this forum that live in Japan that can watch on tv.

Spoiler for Episode 11:
if anything...it can serve for what seems like....
Spoiler:

Quote:
to build up whatever joke of a love triangle its supposedly building up....
Spoiler:
Old 2009-06-13, 19:54   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
to build up whatever joke of a love triangle its supposedly building up....
Well, not so much about developing a love triangle as it's about developing her relationship with Welkin. To do that, they're making it more obvious that he isn't the only guy in her life, or even necessarily that, on the surface, the one she's most "compatible" with. This anime isn't a war story as much as it's a love story in the context of war. So, to tell a love story, you need some contrast to help separate the relationship they share with the other relationships in the story. That's basically why this whole story is so heavy on character development and personal interaction, with less of an emphasis on the war plot (which is more being used as a vehicle for character development). I haven't played the game yet, but I take it from all the comments that this approach has fundamentally changed the story experience (but arguably in a complimentary way).
Old 2009-06-13, 20:08   Link #10
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

huh thats a.......ok I'll be honest, I'm not sure what to make of this ep really.

some big stuff happening and some small stuff happening, its all happening!

well they all look great in the formal wear but am I the only person that thinks Ellet's a little under dressed for the occasion?(yea I know its small stuff but I would have liked to see her dressed up and give a little more realism in this aspect, I would never think she would get looking like that)
ahh well apart from that, I loved all the lovely ladies dressed up

Loved the way Slevaria looked just before she notices Alicia, the faint smile just totally draws me in!
Old 2009-06-14, 02:12   Link #11
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
"I like infiltrating"=Best line of this episode. EVAR.
Old 2009-06-14, 03:25   Link #12
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, not so much about developing a love triangle as it's about developing her relationship with Welkin. To do that, they're making it more obvious that he isn't the only guy in her life, or even necessarily that, on the surface, the one she's most "compatible" with. This anime isn't a war story as much as it's a love story in the context of war. So, to tell a love story, you need some contrast to help separate the relationship they share with the other relationships in the story. That's basically why this whole story is so heavy on character development and personal interaction, with less of an emphasis on the war plot (which is more being used as a vehicle for character development). I haven't played the game yet, but I take it from all the comments that this approach has fundamentally changed the story experience (but arguably in a complimentary way).
Even before I bought the game, I found it annoying. Having almost caught up to the anime story wise in the game, I REALLY find it annoying now.

To each their own. You might like the changes, I'm just face-palming.
Old 2009-06-14, 03:34   Link #13
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah this is basically what i said a few episode threads back. It's good to see that a none-game player can even see it.

After episode 10. no one should be going against Alicia liking another man besides Welkin, so this whole love triangle nonsense should be thrown out of the window. He's basically involved with them two now to further increase their development, and as shown in this episode, it's working out nicely. Also like i have discussed with a few game players
Spoiler for Game/not huge spoiler related:
Old 2009-06-14, 07:19   Link #14
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Cordelia's hair... now that is not only a major character change from the game, it's also a huge change in the world setting background for Gallia.
I agree with Runty though, I love her theme music.

One positive thing about this episode for me is that it highlighted how much I was happy not to see Ramal in the past two episodes. Too bad that lame character just had to return.
And what's with Hans? Too much characters for the sake of cutesy is... too much.
On the other hand they did manage to make sense of Jaeger and Selveria's presence. Alicia & co should have just called the guards though, it's not like our favourite azure witch can do anything without a cataliyst. There we go, two of the Empire's most important generals gone in the snap of a finger.

That being said it's still one of the better series this season. I'll refrain from water skis + shark comments; I am conscious that knowing the game makes me unobjective.

*finds Cordelia's game haircut much cutter*

Last edited by don_Durandal; 2009-06-14 at 07:30.
Old 2009-06-14, 12:49   Link #15
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
To each their own. You might like the changes, I'm just face-palming.
I feel the same. I mean its great they're trying to add their own stuff to the mix, but its just not finding success with me. I did enoy this episode to some extent, but I neve really found myself considering it more than a decent episode.

I usually don't care if changes are made in an anime from the source material, but these changes, so far haven't been very enjoyable to me. The characters are just really getting on my nerves in some respects as well. I'm trying to hang in here though and hope for the best.

I'm at least glad that it seems a good majority of people are enjoying it, as it'll probably draw more popularity to the game.
Old 2009-06-14, 13:15   Link #16
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I feel the same. I mean its great they're trying to add their own stuff to the mix, but its just not finding success with me. I did enoy this episode to some extent, but I neve really found myself considering it more than a decent episode.

I usually don't care if changes are made in an anime from the source material, but these changes, so far haven't been very enjoyable to me. The characters are just really getting on my nerves in some respects as well. I'm trying to hang in here though and hope for the best.

I'm at least glad that it seems a good majority of people are enjoying it, as it'll probably draw more popularity to the game.
I'm hoping for this too, mainly because I'd like to see another game like this from Sega. I am really enjoying the game so far, and seeing the superior versions of the characters.
Old 2009-06-14, 15:00   Link #17
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

what made the game so refreshing for me besides it's gameplay was the interaction between alicia and welkin. the anime has changed this way too much... for example serenade mentioned that last episode felt so awkward regarding the romance. lt's very understandable to feel this way since unlike the anime welkin and alicia where pretty much very close before getting separated from squad 7 in the game.
there are more powerful scenes in the upcoming future that will probably be awkward as well cuz of the changes....
and it isn't just the romance, l was hoping that there would be more screentime revolving rosie and lsara's conflict but it seems that got shafted so far for that scrubby kid....and cordelia....like wtf did they do to her....unless they can explain "her changes" one of the surprising moments in the game has gone to hell....

all in all, l am enjoying the anime it's just some changes have me going constantly.
Old 2009-06-14, 15:08   Link #18
justinstrife

Agreed Manji. Makes me wonder how they plan on approaching other scenes if at all.
Old 2009-06-14, 15:26   Link #19
Katsumara
The cake eater.

I'm another one of those types that haven't played the game, but are enjoying the series. I'm sure there's some differences between the game and the anime as there usually are.

Either way, the whole Faldio/Alicia/Welkin love triangle.. I don't think it's there either. I think Faldio's there to sort of push them together/move the story along. While Alicia and Faldio get along, I don't think she's nearly as comfortable with him as with Welkin. That's my opinion anyway. D:
Old 2009-06-14, 21:08   Link #20
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

We have to expect quite a lot of differences now indeed. I guess it's a good thing that fans are left into the unknown despite this anime being an "adaptation" of a video game.

Meanwhile, looking at Von Borg's face can onlyput a real smile on my face because he reminded me instantly of Cardinal Richelieu in an old anime series from my childhood. I am talking about an anime version of The 3 Musketeers which aired around 1987-1989. You gotta admit that both Von Borg and Richelieu share similar looks as well as ideas of conspiracy against their monarchy.

If I am expecting it right, Von Borg will remain as a shadow for a long time before anybody can accuse him of anything, just like Richelieu.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2009-06-14 at 23:58. Reason: remove game spoiler reply
Closed Thread