AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-16, 11:46   Link #1921
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswad View Post
Hi there everyone Just asking r there summaries for volume 8 anywhere yet becuse im intrested in seeing the relationship between tatsuya and his mother please and thank you
But isn't their mother dead?? Or is it a flashback volume?
Old 2012-12-16, 15:54   Link #1922
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
But isn't their mother dead?? Or is it a flashback volume?
The cover speaks for itself :

BTW, I found this while searching that :

Spoiler:
Old 2012-12-16, 16:06   Link #1923
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Lately i think it would be amusing to have a marriage interview with Tatsuya and Mayumi. Mayo and Mayumi's dad would be there (terrifying combo head of yotsuba and saegusa) giving each other deadpan stares. Then there would be the three brocon/siscon little sisters doing everything in their power to break in and intervene.

But ofcourse this is impossible because the other families would never allow a marriage between the 4 family and the 7 family. The power rift would become too great if the strongest families united. Then there's the problem of most of the Yotsuba not likeing Tatsuya. I guess he could be used as a political chess piece to enhance the groups power if he wasn't so freaking strong. The idea of allowing another family to have control of him would be like handing them a nuclear arsenal.

Still think it would be a fun side story though :/
Old 2012-12-16, 16:55   Link #1924
blackwhite67
Banned

^^Too bad Japanese don't celebrate Halloween.

^THAT would certainly be hilarious if not implausible.
Old 2012-12-16, 21:06   Link #1925
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Lately i think it would be amusing to have a marriage interview with Tatsuya and Mayumi. Mayo and Mayumi's dad would be there (terrifying combo head of yotsuba and saegusa) giving each other deadpan stares. Then there would be the three brocon/siscon little sisters doing everything in their power to break in and intervene.

But ofcourse this is impossible because the other families would never allow a marriage between the 4 family and the 7 family. The power rift would become too great if the strongest families united. Then there's the problem of most of the Yotsuba not likeing Tatsuya. I guess he could be used as a political chess piece to enhance the groups power if he wasn't so freaking strong. The idea of allowing another family to have control of him would be like handing them a nuclear arsenal.

Still think it would be a fun side story though :/
yeah, Tatsuya holds zero power within the Yotsuba family so it won't have as much impact as if he was the next heir. Though the family would probably be willing to use him for the sake of gaining power. They don't give him anything but expect to gain everything from him.
Old 2012-12-16, 21:12   Link #1926
blackwhite67
Banned

It just occurred to me that the military and the Yotsuba would be at odds when it comes to Tatsuya. He is an invaluable asset to the military as a strategic-class magician, more so than Itsuwa Mio. Therefore, the military would never allow him to be killed. However, the Yotsuba wouldn't hesitate to get rid of him since they know that he will betray them.
Old 2012-12-16, 21:25   Link #1927
kasimmorathi

As I expressed before, I am a very strong supporter of Tatsuya and Mayumi. It is an opportunity for him to escape the oppression of his family and begin a life of his own. Of course, given his current lack of emotions toward anyone save for Miyuki that seems quite impossible.

The question of course for Tatsuya's family that the current state of affairs is simply untenable for them. Killing or getting rid of Tatsuya is neigh impossible without some extensive force application which Japan itself would likely be unwilling to do. As a military asset he is far too valuable. Likewise, it would likely turn Miyuki against them forever. But of course, if Miyuki does take hold of power within the family she likely elevate Tatsuya to a level above where he sits currently and probably be ill-inclined to marry anyone else.

However, if Tatsuya were to marry Mayumi it could be a valuable political alliance for the families in question - extract Tatsuya from their affairs - and likely weaken his relationship with Miyuki. A political marriage would be a very valuable tool for both families for various reasons.

Hey pure speculation on my part. But from a logical perspective it seems to fit. The only hard part would be convincing Tatsuya to go through with it.
Old 2012-12-16, 21:28   Link #1928
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
It just occurred to me that the military and the Yotsuba would be at odds when it comes to Tatsuya. He is an invaluable asset to the military as a strategic-class magician, more so than Itsuwa Mio. Therefore, the military would never allow him to be killed. However, the Yotsuba wouldn't hesitate to get rid of him since they know that he will betray them.
has the family ever tried to have him assassinated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasimmorathi View Post
As I expressed before, I am a very strong supporter of Tatsuya and Mayumi. It is an opportunity for him to escape the oppression of his family and begin a life of his own. Of course, given his current lack of emotions toward anyone save for Miyuki that seems quite impossible.

The question of course for Tatsuya's family that the current state of affairs is simply untenable for them. Killing or getting rid of Tatsuya is neigh impossible without some extensive force application which Japan itself would likely be unwilling to do. As a military asset he is far too valuable. Likewise, it would likely turn Miyuki against them forever. But of course, if Miyuki does take hold of power within the family she likely elevate Tatsuya to a level above where he sits currently and probably be ill-inclined to marry anyone else.

However, if Tatsuya were to marry Mayumi it could be a valuable political alliance for the families in question - extract Tatsuya from their affairs - and likely weaken his relationship with Miyuki. A political marriage would be a very valuable tool for both families for various reasons.

Hey pure speculation on my part. But from a logical perspective it seems to fit. The only hard part would be convincing Tatsuya to go through with it.
I support him with Mayumi but i seriously doubt that there is anything that could weaken his relationship with Miyuki. He'd still put her first even if there was a woman in his life. So long as their mother is actually dead and cannot completely reverse what she did to him, he will ALWAYS prioritize Miyuki.
Old 2012-12-16, 21:41   Link #1929
kasimmorathi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I support him with Mayumi but i seriously doubt that there is anything that could weaken his relationship with Miyuki. He'd still put her first even if there was a woman in his life. So long as their mother is actually dead and cannot completely reverse what she did to him, he will ALWAYS prioritize Miyuki.

You're quite right on that account, Tatsuya would but Miyuki may be more readily influenced emotionally if she felt she was losing him. It is pretty clear Tatsuya is almost completely impregnable when it comes to dealing with him. He's too intelligent, almost physically indestructible, and capable of causing untold devastation if he willed it. His lack of empathy and will toward anyone but Miyuki gives him almost no vulnerabilities they could exploit.

Except for Miyuki. They could just as readily exploit her in some way. But who knows! I'm enjoying the story so far and trying hard not to read the summaries in detail so I can wait for the translations/anime/manga.
Old 2012-12-17, 01:12   Link #1930
Voceane

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Best way to prove whether they were real siblings is to have sex, and see whether their newborn baby are defect or not.
If you go for the Tatsuya not from the Yotsuba, then the sibling purpose is exactly the opposite. It's possible to cousin to marry but not to siblings so making him a brother is done to oppose the sexual activity between them.
Old 2012-12-17, 01:48   Link #1931
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post
If you go for the Tatsuya not from the Yotsuba, then the sibling purpose is exactly the opposite. It's possible to cousin to marry but not to siblings so making him a brother is done to oppose the sexual activity between them.
Yeah they gave him utmost love for his sister in order for him to have utter devotion to her and hoping that it will keep him in check from rebelling against them. If the idea that he is actually a cousin comes into being, that could very easily backfire on them and possibly have Miyuki and Tatsuya get together and put him in a position of power since it is widely thought (though not official) that Miyuki would be the next heir. Perhaps they thought Miyuki would take on their views but it was too late to change things when they found out that wouldn't be the case.

I personally think it will turn out that Tatsuya will actually be the current head Maya's son but she denied him and threw him onto her sister instead while erasing any record that he was hers so that she could save face since she was one of the most powerful magicians and instead gave birth to a one trick wonder. Perhaps Miyuki's mom was starting to have a change in heart concerning Tatsuya and what she had done to him. So she wanted to help him by fixing her mistakes but they got rid of her instead.
Old 2012-12-17, 07:41   Link #1932
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

A marriage between Tatsuya and Mayumi would be a good way for him to get out of the Yotsuba clan and still having some kind of protection but i doubt the author will go this way.
Old 2012-12-17, 09:36   Link #1933
HasNoLove
GiveMeMoreLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
A marriage between Tatsuya and Mayumi would be a good way for him to get out of the Yotsuba clan and still having some kind of protection but i doubt the author will go this way.
well if dis marriage happenin, d'only on who agree's jumonji katsuto(?) for i know...
Old 2012-12-17, 11:05   Link #1934
tsunade666

I doubt a marriage between Mayumi and Tasuya was possible -_- I'm a supporter for Mayumi but the way those idiots in Yotsuba clan think. Its impossible for them to let anyone even if a tool get married against their rival/enemy family.
Old 2012-12-17, 13:07   Link #1935
Vahanar
Disabled By Request

I started to read it and really, magic system there is really complicated. The fact english is not my primary language doesn't help either.

So, Flash Cast, Loop Cast System and Cast Jamming - is it all the same thing?

Also, I really like Mayumi
Old 2012-12-17, 13:09   Link #1936
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
well if dis marriage happenin, d'only on who agree's jumonji katsuto(?) for i know...
Sorry i am not following you here ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I doubt a marriage between Mayumi and Tasuya was possible -_- I'm a supporter for Mayumi but the way those idiots in Yotsuba clan think. Its impossible for them to let anyone even if a tool get married against their rival/enemy family.
As i said it would be a way for Tatsuya to not get immediatly hunted by the Yotsuba if he severed his ties with them.
Old 2012-12-17, 14:14   Link #1937
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Nope, but Tatsuya is proficient with those magics (then again, the loop cast system is actually CAD ability -- let's don't mind the details for now shall we ) . To put it in simple/game terms it's like:
Flash cast : instant cast spell
loop cast : double/triple magic of the same spell. It's like Vivi in FFIX where he can cast multiple spell when in trance mode
cast jamming : anti-magic, stopping the magic before the caster finished casting. Then again, it's more like making an area where no magic couldn't be cast...

Quote:
As i said it would be a way for Tatsuya to not get immediatly hunted by the Yotsuba if he severed his ties with them.
I've heard that within the Yotsube itself, there's not many people who know of Tatsuya real ability. That might explain why there are many people who doesn't get scared of him.

...although I really doubt that sending assassins to him is a good idea. I don't see how it would work at all. Keeping Miyuki pseudo-hostage like now is a really brilliant move from Yotsuba He couldn't get out or even enact his revenge as long as Miyuki is still in it.

Old 2012-12-17, 14:16   Link #1938
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahanar View Post
I started to read it and really, magic system there is really complicated. The fact english is not my primary language doesn't help either.

Also, I really like Mayumi
Flash Cast = Instant cast ( he just goes to the end result )

Loop Cast = Repeating cast ( casting same spell over and over)

Cast Jamming = Interupt cast ( causes others to be unable to cast )

should be it from what I've read.

P.S. I love Mayumi as well
Old 2012-12-17, 14:21   Link #1939
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HasNoLove View Post
Sorry i am not following you here ?
I think what he is referring to is after the 9-school tournament ended jummonji was the one who said that he should marry Mayumi and enter the 10 clan, so what @HasNoLove is saying that if they do decide to marry jummonji will be the one who gives his approval and will maybe make sure it does happen

And wouldn't sending assassins after him be pointless cuz he said that ambushes don't work on him
Old 2012-12-17, 14:53   Link #1940
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I've heard that within the Yotsube itself, there's not many people who know of Tatsuya real ability. That might explain why there are many people who doesn't get scared of him.

...although I really doubt that sending assassins to him is a good idea. I don't see how it would work at all. Keeping Miyuki pseudo-hostage like now is a really brilliant move from Yotsuba He couldn't get out or even enact his revenge as long as Miyuki is still in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
And wouldn't sending assassins after him be pointless cuz he said that ambushes don't work on him
I was not only thinking of assassins, i am sure the Yotsuba clan have enough influence to make his life hard, for exemple if he quits the clan he would certainly lose all access to FLT and the money behind, he could try to start another compagny but i am sure the Yotsuba would try to crush it in the buds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
I think what he is referring to is after the 9-school tournament ended jummonji was the one who said that he should marry Mayumi and enter the 10 clan, so what @HasNoLove is saying that if they do decide to marry jummonji will be the one who gives his approval and will maybe make sure it does happen
Possible, but knowning that Tatsuya is a member of the Yotsuba could change everything.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings