AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-04-29, 21:30   Link #2121
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by NectorPrime View Post
Ah fairenough is there a reason douman was following haratora ? Cause I haven't got a clue why he would follow him.
Both Jin and Harutora are rebels, who have been blacklisted by the Agency.
They can cooperate.
Old 2014-04-29, 21:43   Link #2122
NectorPrime
Combat Butler In Training

True that could be one reason I guess to cooperate but there's got to be more to why douman went to all the trouble to find harutora ? But they would be a sick team
NectorPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 21:53   Link #2123
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Both Jin and Harutora are rebels, who have been blacklisted by the Agency.
They can cooperate.
This not to mention there are tons of people chasing Harutora for one reason or another. He's very popular guy right now all kinds of ways.

Anyway here is one of the things that caught my eye while reading Ch 2 of Vol 6:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 6 Chapter 2
"No. I don't know whether you know the person...... Saotome Ryou."

"Saotome? I haven't heard that name. What division?"

"......The Imperial Household Agency."

Miyachi's expression changed again. A dim light shone from the eyes that looked at Kogure and slowly sharpened.

"The Lingering Spirit Division...... Could that person have not ended up the same way?"

"Yes. That person left early on. So there should be no relation with the Twin-Horned Syndicate."

"A researcher?"

"Yes. Specializing in Tsuchimikado Yakou."
Awhile back in this thread we were discussing what might have been the betrayal that caused a rift between Jin, Zen and Suzu. I think Kagato3 speculated that it could have been related to spiritual terrorism 2 years prior to story. Well we can cross that of the list going by Zen's confirmation.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 21:57   Link #2124
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Awhile back in this thread we were discussing what might have been the betrayal that caused a rift between Jin, Zen and Suzu. I think Kagato3 speculated that it could have been related to spiritual terrorism 2 years prior to story. Well we can cross that of the list going by Zen's confirmation.
I figured it wasn't that from the start, from the way Zenjiro said it, it seemed personal, something she did to the two of them.

Judging from what Zenjiro said to Jin about the consequences of forbidden magic, she probably used the two of them.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 17:31   Link #2125
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I figured it wasn't that from the start, from the way Zenjiro said it, it seemed personal, something she did to the two of them.

Judging from what Zenjiro said to Jin about the consequences of forbidden magic, she probably used the two of them.
Yeah she cryptically admits to have done something taboo:

Spoiler for Vol 6 Ch 2:

On another note, surprisingly Suzu seemed to already know about Touji's Oni too.

Spoiler for vol 6 ch 2:

I'm guess she had already investigated everyone around Harutora at this point.
Old 2014-04-30, 22:33   Link #2126
Iron Maw
Banned

Vol 11 Week 1 sales
*9. 16,852 *33,448 Tokyo Ravens Vol.11
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1162801

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Week Comparison
23,123 Tokyo Ravens Vol.10 Begins/Temple (sale data Oct 19-27) start of the anime.
33,448 Tokyo Ravens Vol.11 change:unchange (sale data: April 19-27) end of the anime.
So it basically doubled.
Old 2014-04-30, 23:22   Link #2127
zerozeronine

Quote:
I tried to hold out man, but my limit finally broke. Even now after having read though ch 2, I'm already irritated since characters are talking about stuff that happened in the untranslated portions of chapter 1.

At this point, I'm just going to read through this as slowly as possible, in hopes that first chapter might be finished by this weekend.

Alright, I'll list what I could make out. Keep in mind there isn't a whole lot of context behind these due to the lack of moon knowledge and some of it might be outright wrong. So bare with me a bit.

Spoiler for Vol 11 spoilers:

So yeah, this what I could find and understand so far. Anything else including what I don't will have to be elaborated by LN readers.

Hope that helps!
thanks for the spoilers

Quote:
Vol 11 Week 1 sales

So it basically doubled.
Patiently waiting for season 2 in 3 years time now
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 02:14   Link #2128
Junkko
お母さん

Quote:
Vol 11 Week 1 sales

So it basically doubled.
The Anime did something good after all. I am a happy person right now.

All that's left for me now is to catch up with the english light novel translation, tho I only need to read one more chapter before I'm having an encounter with the mercifull (2/4 parts done) one
Junkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 08:00   Link #2129
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

It seems like Tokyo Ravens LN has become thicker and thicker since vol. 6. LN vol. 7 ch. 2 is very long it feels like reading half a volume of ordinary LN.

There's no scene of Yasuzumi reading the stars and said "The stars have crossed." when HaruNatsu met Takiko in the LN like in the anime!

And Harutora suspected Takiko for being Hokuto's controller since their persinality overlaps, I can see why they used the same VA in the anime.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 11:31   Link #2130
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
It seems like Tokyo Ravens LN has become thicker and thicker since vol. 6. LN vol. 7 ch. 2 is very long it feels like reading half a volume of ordinary LN.

There's no scene of Yasuzumi reading the stars and said "The stars have crossed." when HaruNatsu met Takiko in the LN like in the anime!

And Harutora suspected Takiko for being Hokuto's controller since their persinality overlaps, I can see why they used the same VA in the anime.
Yeah, that is what also first comes to my mind.

So the anime make the two have the same VA is because of what Harutora said in the light novel??

Pretty convenient...

And...woah! As expected, the sales really boost up like that. Now, the chances of season 2 is becoming greater and greater. Hope this continues. For now, we just gonna stick on the Light Novel to past time and understand everything.
Old 2014-05-01, 15:15   Link #2131
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Ho? So the anime went as far to catch on to a little detail like that? I remember anime only watchers speculating that Takiko and Hokuto were related because of her VA and personally at first too.
Old 2014-05-01, 16:40   Link #2132
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Ho? So the anime went as far to catch on to a little detail like that? I remember anime only watchers speculating that Takiko and Hokuto were related because of her VA and personally at first too.
I don't think that's the only reason though.

It also reduced the cost of hiring another VA for both roles. Killing two birds with one stone.

It's painfully obvious that Natsume is Hokuto from vol. 5. The LN readers and the anime viewers should already know about this fact, it's just that the anime lacks Harutora's monologue and thought about how Takiko and Hokuto overlaps each other.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 17:12   Link #2133
Used Can

Quote:
It's painfully obvious that Natsume is Hokuto from vol. 5.
It's painfully obvious Natsume is Hokuto since the final chapter of volume 1. Since that point onwards, the story never really tries to hide the fact Hokuto and Natsume are the same person from the reader.
If anything, the whole "confusion" is one of the many things that are in the story just to make Harutora look dumb.
Old 2014-05-01, 17:15   Link #2134
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
I don't think that's the only reason though.

It also reduced the cost of hiring another VA for both roles. Killing two birds with one stone.

It's painfully obvious that Natsume is Hokuto from vol. 5. The LN readers and the anime viewers should already know about this fact, it's just that the anime lacks Harutora's monologue and thought about how Takiko and Hokuto overlaps each other.
Yeah, I agree there, but it stop didn't some people from thinking otherwise. I guess it's not a very common practice and usually when something like that is done there is some plot specific reason for it.

Quote:
It's painfully obvious Natsume is Hokuto since the final chapter of volume 1. Since that point onwards, the story never really tries to hide the fact Hokuto and Natsume are the same person from the reader.
If anything, the whole "confusion" is one of the many things that are in the story just to make Harutora look dumb.
Actually after reading the novels it's even more clearer why Harutora or most people wouldn't have figured out easily. Ironically it because he knows Natsume by the one side she ever shows in public even to him far too well. If Shikigami connection wasn't ever mention it wouldn't cross anyone minds because thanks to her upbringing she Natsume learned have play two very opposite roles well. Someone might bring up the ribbon it's rather flimsy evidence considering it can be gotten anywhere.

The 2nd chapter in Volume 6 put the Harutora's reasoning here in very good manner.

Spoiler for Vol 6 Ch 2:
Old 2014-05-01, 17:39   Link #2135
Used Can

Quote:
Ironically it because he knows Natsume by the one side she ever shows in public even to him far too well.
Actually, he knows 2 sides of her. The side she always shows to the public - i.e. her trying to pass as a boy, and her side she shows to her family - her acting like a girl.
Though in both cases she acts serious and diligent, her mannerisms are considerably different.
Her behaviour as Hokuto is something she rarely ever shows, to anyone.

That being said, he got several hints that should have made him consider the possibility Natsume was Hokuto, and it wasn't limited to the pink ribbon.
For one, the nickname Bakatora is something Hokuto coined for him. No one else called him that way, but Natsume did (sure, eventually his friends picked it up, but it was from Natsume).
Natsume also dropped hints here and there, like when she talked about having seen fireworks with him.
Old 2014-05-01, 17:56   Link #2136
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Actually, he knows 2 sides of her. The side she always shows to the public - i.e. her trying to pass as a boy, and her side she shows to her family - her acting like a girl.
Though in both cases she acts serious and diligent, her mannerisms are considerably different.
Her behaviour as Hokuto is something she rarely ever shows, to anyone.
That not what I'm talking about though. The side she acts as Hokuto is not the side that acts as a boy. When she behaves like a guy it's more like a masculine version of her Ojousama personality, not the naive, childish and bubbly side that takes most people aback which defines Hokuto.

Quote:
That being said, he got several hints that should have made him consider the possibility Natsume was Hokuto, and it wasn't limited to the pink ribbon.
For one, the nickname Bakatora is something Hokuto coined for him. No one else called him that way, but Natsume did (sure, eventually his friends picked it up, but it was from Natsume).
Natsume also dropped hints here and there, like when she talked about having seen fireworks with him.
Those hints that only reader would pick up upon though (we are omniscient afterall), furthermore does not explain huge change contradicting traits which is the core problem Harutora has with reconciling the two personalities. Natsume as Hokuto is really extreme (deliberately so of course) from how Natsume normal is no matter how you slice it. It may not be too difficult to see a bit Hokuto in Natsume it's hard to see anything of Natsume in Hokuto. If were Harutora to accept Natsume=Hokuto than means reevaluating everything he knew about her staring from their childhood till present (which he does) because it's not something anyone can go okay at easily. It's not normal, it defiles common sense of what he knows (which as Suzu explains in vol 5 is part what makes magic what it is).

Basically, part of volume 6 is Harutora is stepping out of his boxed view of Natsume and learning to understand her better to see Hokuto being Natsume does make some strange sense.
Old 2014-05-01, 19:09   Link #2137
NectorPrime
Combat Butler In Training

How old is natsume anyway ? I always thought she was about same age as harutora or is abit younger than him by days but cause the convo earlier about what's been happening with her in volume 11 made it sound like she was around abit before bakatora was even born ?? :S please explain so I don't suffer the confusion any longer
NectorPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 19:29   Link #2138
Iron Maw
Banned

She should be about the same age as Harutora far as I know, but only a novel reader can really answer that. However according to the JP wiki, Yuuko died just before Natsume was almost old enough to enter elementary school or something like that.

EDIT: Yeah, they're the same age.
Old 2014-05-01, 19:44   Link #2139
versionf

Quote:
However according to the JP wiki, Yuuko died just before Natsume was almost old enough to enter elementary school or something like that.
That's Yuuko's mother. Yuuko died before they found Natsume.
versionf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 20:16   Link #2140
noctis_lucis

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post
That's Yuuko's mother. Yuuko died before they found Natsume.
So the one that loved Natsume was Harutora's grandmother who was Yuuko's mother ?

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural