AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-23, 09:17   Link #81
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Manga is usually the original story, and the anime is usually the adaption of the manga, so there's definetly going to be some missing parts in the anime. and so like Deathkillz, each episode is only 13 mins long
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 10:46   Link #82
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've read some mangas happily before or in tandem with the anime -- Honey & Clover, Suzuka, Karin -- but usually it makes things worse rather than better, and detracts from the anime.

The basic point is: anime is not manga. They work in different ways. Sometimes a direct translation works, but usually it's better to shift things around and edit. When novels are adapted into movies, usually over half the scenes in the book have to be cut. Even when I've read the manga, I think it's best to leave the adaptation to the staff and not always be thinking "they should have left this in, they should have left that out." The overall impression is what counts, not whether a certain scene or a certain joke is in or out.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 00:32   Link #83
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
Sometimes a direct translation works, but usually it's better to shift things around and edit.
Not THIS time. Basically they threw away everything that made the title...ermm...remotely good.

Quote:
The overall impression is what counts, not whether a certain scene or a certain joke is in or out.
Atmosphere cannot exist without jokes and scenes. You talk like your "impression" can live separately from the actual product. It cannot.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 17:28   Link #84
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 4:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-24, 23:46   Link #85
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
[1] Not THIS time. Basically they threw away everything that made the title...ermm...remotely good.... [2] Atmosphere cannot exist without jokes and scenes. You talk like your "impression" can live separately from the actual product. It cannot.
1. I personally can't accept that, since I am enjoying the anime. But if the manga is that much better, I should take a look at it later.

2. You talk as if I said it could. I think it's normal for the vast majority of a film or anime to come from the source, but without editing some things and changing others, it often doesn't work in the new medium. Honey & Clover is an exception, since at least most of the first series was almost frame for frame from the manga, and it worked excellently well.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 00:16   Link #86
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
I think everyone has noticed this, but what is that underwear thing doing in the anime, is there a point to it?
It's bloomers AKA women's gym shorts -- a popular fetish. Is there really a point to anything in this show other than being perverted? Think of it this way: Many shows have a cute mascot animal. In this show the cute mascot animal just happens to be fetish-wear. Why? Because this show is both sillier and more perverted than most. XD

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 10:15   Link #87
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Watched ep 3 subbed, I definetly like how when one person says one thing then the other person totally misinterprets it.
Paper is definetly important when drawing Doujins
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 10:38   Link #88
blackmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
I think everyone has noticed this, but what is that underwear thing doing in the anime, is there a point to it?
since that underwear thing usually appears with Tsuyuri, i figured it had something to do with her rape manga Panty Revolution. i put it down to humorous artistic license.

i thought i had read that Doujin Work manga was in the 4koma format, and if so, it seems the anime would have a lot of variation (and shifting story bits around) from the print version. not true?

my question: in the end credits, is there a significance of the characters dancing with their backs facing us? just wondering; i found it cute nonetheless.
blackmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 11:57   Link #89
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
It's bloomers AKA women's gym shorts -- a popular fetish. Is there really a point to anything in this show other than being perverted? Think of it this way: Many shows have a cute mascot animal. In this show the cute mascot animal just happens to be fetish-wear. Why? Because this show is both sillier and more perverted than most. XD
I was still hoping to see Justice in the ED sequence. That would have been LOL wonderful.
Old 2007-07-25, 15:36   Link #90
nanafan
horo fan

this show gets funnier with each episode! najimi is such a tsundere. easily embarrassed too.
Spoiler for justice:
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 15:55   Link #91
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
Just got into this series recently, and while the first episode didn't impress me as much as I anticipated reading some of the posts here, it's gotten better with each ep. It's probably the most ecchi series I've ever watched, which might not be saying much since I'm not really a fan of the perverted, but I really enjoy the genre so I figured I'd give it a shot. It's really cute and funny in it own ero way, but at the same time the perverted bits aren't overdone and mainly used as humor, so I can handle it all right. Any projections as to how many eps. this series will be? It seems like a 12-13 episode series to me. Either way, I'll be keeping up with this one.

Just wondering, does anyone else think Hoshi somewhat resembles Kazuki from Comipa? Probably just me, heh. ^.^;;
Ashi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 16:19   Link #92
nanafan
horo fan

i am not really into perverted stuff, but i like how this show fits it in. it makes it funny, and isn't really that gross. if only it was longer than 13 minutes.
Old 2007-07-25, 17:44   Link #93
cardslash02

Hey guys a technical question:
Is anyone else besides me not seeing karaokes in SpoonSub's releases? Do you know if they are not choosing to do them, and why that might be?
cardslash02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 18:02   Link #94
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
najimi is such a tsundere.
She isn't really a tsundere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashi-chan View Post
Just wondering, does anyone else think Hoshi somewhat resembles Kazuki from Comipa? Probably just me, heh. ^.^;;
Yeah i thought that the first time he appeared, though that thought went away after a few minutes. He also dresses like him.
Old 2007-07-25, 18:27   Link #95
nanafan
horo fan

who's hoshi?
Old 2007-07-25, 19:06   Link #96
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanafan View Post
who's hoshi?
The guy who bought her doujin in the third episode, has also appeared in past episodes.
Old 2007-07-25, 19:11   Link #97
nanafan
horo fan

oh okay that guy. i don't even remember him telling her his name...
Old 2007-07-25, 19:24   Link #98
blackmarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardslash02 View Post
Hey guys a technical question:
Is anyone else besides me not seeing karaokes in SpoonSub's releases? Do you know if they are not choosing to do them, and why that might be?
i noticed that right away because i had just reinstalled CCCP and i wasn't sure if the MKV was decoding correctly. but the AVI is the same. no karaoke, or at least they haven't gotten around to it yet.
blackmarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 04:33   Link #99
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 3

I didn't think this ep was anywhere near as funny as the last one, and the animation has seemingly dropped off a level (not that it was superb to begin with).
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 06:05   Link #100
GriS

Epi 3 - Noticed the drop in animation too from average to bad, i guess. What's up with the rotating thingy (i am not sure of its name) where the characters basically become a 'paper' and turn or something.

nevertheless, the other aspects keep it going
GriS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen