AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-03, 07:09   Link #1261
Neurotripsy
알리시아

'Naruto'... I've seen a bit of it & it really didn't appeal to me, but it's the damn fanboys & fangirls that made me actually hate it.
Old 2011-01-03, 23:13   Link #1262
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

For me, it's the Crap-Oni 3
1. Haruhi
2. K-on
3. Lucky star

Absolutely hate them with a passion, believe that they were the most overrated series to date.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2011-01-03, 23:19   Link #1263
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post

Now simply the series that did not get my attention as promised:
DTB - it has nice action, basicly the only reason why I watched the series. But I simply can't understand the plot and I'm still lost on how contractors appear... also since all contractors are unemotional, they start to look very similar. There are only several of them that I liked. Series are not bad, but not as great as everyone says.
THANK YOU...

Darker Than Black is a "Slice of Life" enigma disguised as a Psychological Thriller...
Old 2011-01-04, 02:10   Link #1264
Muramune99

Deathnote
Neon Genesis Evangelion(after watching it over nearly 24/7 for a week because of my sister, especially the final two episodes)

I'm fairly open minded and have watched both through to the end...

Hetalia...
I couldn't stand it and it seemed way over the top. Even my tutor was trying to get me to watch it.
Old 2011-01-04, 19:24   Link #1265
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
TTGL: Let me first declare that I'm into the action and fighting with insane power-ups class of shounen (there is an exception to this, which I'll get to). Therefore, with all the fights and whatnot that it had, it was awesome to me. However, I'm also a complete sap/hopeless romantic. And for those who know the show, what they did to all the Love Interests by the end of the series... it became a case of "never again"
While I agree that the love interest plot was very tragic and NOT COOL I still love the series very much.

This is the case of "I don't like it not because it's a bad show" but a "It's emotionally painful so I don't like thinking about it nor do I want to see it again".

Am I right? :3
Old 2011-01-05, 02:19   Link #1266
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The thread is basically for people to blow steam off... not really to discuss their reasoning or whether they're right or wrong.
Old 2011-01-05, 12:14   Link #1267
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The thread is basically for people to blow steam off... not really to discuss their reasoning or whether they're right or wrong.
Wuh...I was just curious....>3> What's wrong with asking Magin that? I'm not trying to say anybody's wrong.
Old 2011-01-05, 12:33   Link #1268
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Wuh...I was just curious....>3> What's wrong with asking Magin that? I'm not trying to say anybody's wrong.
Sorry about that, wasn't really aiming at your post, it was just a general reminder for those who don't read the 'first post'. Occasionally we get "series defenders" popping up and that really isn't what the thread is about. Personally, I wish more posters in this thread would do some analysis and consider *why* they feel like they do rather than the rather anemic assertions of "this anime sucks", "hates moe we does", "mecha bleh", "shounen crap", or similar posts.
Old 2011-01-05, 13:06   Link #1269
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
I do really hate One Piece. The draws are the worst shit I've ever seen...

And what about the plot? A damned retarded who want to be the KING of PIRATES... hey come on that's just insulting.

I would like to add something to my first post here...

Any anime like:

Appears heroe
Appears villain
Hero fight villain
Villain wins
Heroe trains and get power up
Heore fight villain and wins
Heroe takes a picture with all his friends laughing
Appears heroe
Appears villain
Hero fight villain
Villain wins
Appears heroe
Appears villain
Hero fight villain
Villain wins
Appears heroe
Appears villain
Hero fight villain
Villain wins
Appears heroe
Appears villain
Hero fight villain
Villain wins
etc.

So we can add to the list:

Naruto
Bleach
Dragon Ball
Yu yu hakusho
and 99% os Shonen scum
Old 2011-01-05, 15:34   Link #1270
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

^ And you just ASSUME that? Have you even TRIED watching/reading them and confirming that?

Last edited by Klashikari; 2011-01-05 at 19:05. Reason: calling people like that is certainly not the way.
Old 2011-01-05, 16:40   Link #1271
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

Toradora!
Tsubasa Chronicle
Spice and Wolf
K-ON!
Vampire Knight
Old 2011-01-05, 23:36   Link #1272
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Idolmaster Xenoglossia is one of the stupidiest & weirdest anime of all time where the girl who fell in love with the robot (Ala The Iron Giant) but a story make no sense, no originality & the Im@s characters are quite morons & it was nothing to do with the XBOX 360 game which it was based on. Even there's a guy who really makes me wanna kill myself till I've played 'Star Wars Imperial March song'.

But i'm appreciate with those seiyuus who brought us Mai HiME & Otome these days.
Old 2011-01-06, 00:00   Link #1273
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
While I agree that the love interest plot was very tragic and NOT COOL I still love the series very much.

This is the case of "I don't like it not because it's a bad show" but a "It's emotionally painful so I don't like thinking about it nor do I want to see it again".

Am I right? :3
Despite what Vexx said, I don't mind answering... and yes, you're basically dead on. Y'see, when I watch anime, I watch it as sort of a "release from reality and to temporarily forget that RL sucks" (same reasoning behind why I reads tons of books). Even though I know that there's a lot of animes out there that have "bad end", I still will take as many "good ends" as possible... and TTGL was setting up for the typical shounen "good end" (which I, unlike many others, have absolutely no problem with). In fact, if they had ended the series at the credits, it would've hurt, but since I've seen stuff like that before, I would've gone "ah well, there's more anime out there that'll be happier." BUT NO. Instead, they fast forward 20ish years or so, and show just how "screwed over" the main guy has become. Sure, many people will say (and have said), "the hero can't always get happiness at the end... in fact, this is probably very realistic for what can happen to a hero". To which I say... well, take a look at the top of my little rant.

Actually, to be quite honest, once I got to the complete end... I had a cold emotional void, and it seriously felt like all the happiness had been drained from the world

(in fact, this is also the reason I refuse to watch the RomeoxJuliet anime that came out a while back... I don't care how cool it it, the RxJ element... well, we all know how that ends. I despise (most) anime that has a tragic end...)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2011-01-06, 00:28   Link #1274
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Inu Yasha.
Old 2011-01-06, 10:59   Link #1275
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
You guys should become the NEXT Spoony, Nostalgia Critic & Linkara from TGWTG anime edition like me.
Old 2011-01-06, 19:36   Link #1276
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
^ And you just ASSUME that? Have you even TRIED watching/reading them and confirming that?
*skims though chapters* (again)

What did he actually get wrong?
Old 2011-01-06, 20:38   Link #1277
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Despite what Vexx said, I don't mind answering... and yes, you're basically dead on. Y'see, when I watch anime, I watch it as sort of a "release from reality and to temporarily forget that RL sucks" (same reasoning behind why I reads tons of books). Even though I know that there's a lot of animes out there that have "bad end", I still will take as many "good ends" as possible... and TTGL was setting up for the typical shounen "good end" (which I, unlike many others, have absolutely no problem with). In fact, if they had ended the series at the credits, it would've hurt, but since I've seen stuff like that before, I would've gone "ah well, there's more anime out there that'll be happier." BUT NO. Instead, they fast forward 20ish years or so, and show just how "screwed over" the main guy has become. Sure, many people will say (and have said), "the hero can't always get happiness at the end... in fact, this is probably very realistic for what can happen to a hero". To which I say... well, take a look at the top of my little rant.
I know....it was very very sad. And so unfair to such a great hero!!

Quote:
Actually, to be quite honest, once I got to the complete end... I had a cold emotional void, and it seriously felt like all the happiness had been drained from the world
*pats you on the back*

Quote:
(in fact, this is also the reason I refuse to watch the RomeoxJuliet anime that came out a while back... I don't care how cool it it, the RxJ element... well, we all know how that ends. I despise (most) anime that has a tragic end...)
*nods* Tragic endings are hard to take for me as well. I am currently watching R&J which is quite good and I do plan on watching til the end. I know it will be sad. But at least I'm prepared. It's so much worse when a feel-good anime suddenly goes all wrong at the end and people die. It's all in the shock factor. I comfort myself in saying "At least they'll be together in the afterlife" because I have a strong belief in such things....even in the anime world. People call me silly but so what? This was also how I was able to get through TTGL's ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vex
Sorry about that, wasn't really aiming at your post,
It's cool, Vexx.
Old 2011-01-06, 20:58   Link #1278
Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Well I'm also one of those snobs that puts OP a notch above Naruo and Bleach...Why? Well I think it's pretty simple...Unlike the other two OP has never obtusely made it's core fanbase (intensely) hate the show...I'm a Naruto fan who has despised that show at times (Although it finally good again)...I am a Bleach fan who currently despises that show..I've never felt anything close to that for OP and that's probably because of the overall integrity the show keeps at hand, even with filler-arcs...Yeah I'll complain about an arc being too long here or there, but for the most part I've never been made physically ill like I have for the other 2 shows...I mean being a Naruto and Bleach fan is a chore, being a OP fan in-comparison is just easy-street...

Additionally those who don't like OP's wonderful artistic slant, are the type I find that would eat Ranch Doritos at buffet filled with Top Chef h'orderves...Hey I like Doritos too...They're safe and you know exactly what type of flavor you're gonna get per munch, but dammit if I'm proud that's all I tried when there's so much more out there to be nibbled...

LOL @ dude who just put Bonclay pic up as if that represents the entire show...I'm sure I can find a fugged Kyuubbi pic or pathetic Ichigo mask if i tried hard enuff..Oh wait a minute those two things are pretty easy to find...
I so feel the same I am DEF. a OP fan for the exact reasons you are and I don't hate but strongly dislike at times are Naruto and Bleach because of the drawn out arcs and dialogue. But if I am gonna hate an anime it has to be Aria the Origination who the hell wants to watch an anime about a tour guide and not to mention it gets a rating on MyAnimeList that is 8.87 it's amongst the top ten. So so very sad!
Old 2011-01-06, 21:01   Link #1279
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
*skims though chapters* (again)

What did he actually get wrong?
They're not wrong in a sense. Yes those series' are done in an enemy-per-arc like format, but sometimes there's a bigger picture behind it all.

I can't speak for Naruto, Bleach or Yu Yu Hakusho as I haven't read those, but in One Piece's case there's more to the story than just "I wanna be king of the pirates!" There's a lot of mysteries about the world presented throughout the story and as the story goes on with each new arc, more pieces keep falling into place.

Dragon Ball Z is the only one I can agree with that has the fight-an-enemy-go-to-the-next-one formula. And I can understand why that wouldn't be appealing to someone. But it's just flustering to see people clump every shounen series together with a stereotype like that when it's not always true.

Also, just calling a genre "scum" without any knowledge of it except from what you've seen in pictures is what I'd call an attack against it.
Old 2011-01-06, 21:13   Link #1280
Berlin

SilverSyko I totally agree with you about One Piece it is by far my favorite anime. The story lines are great and I like how past episodes intertwine with future episodes and they always ref. the past episodes for those who might have missed it or forgot that, that situation occurred.
Closed Thread