AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-11-10, 06:57   Link #48241
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
What if:

The reason Ichika can pilot the IS, is because Ichika is the IS, or rather he is all of the IS cores made, and all IS cores that will be made?

When Tabane approached the Orimura siblings, she saw that the elder sister had unlimited talent, skill beyond imagine. Then she laid eyes on Ichika, barely above a toddler, his eyes were on the sky and she could already tell he had infinite potential.

That became Tabane's inspiration for Infinite Stratos.

At 5 years of age, Tabane and Chifuyu had come to an agreement to have Ichika help them with their Infinite Stratos research. The system was to be based upon Ichika's own psyche. But the progress was slow, to the point the government had pulled their research funding. One day, Chifuyu came to the lab to see Ichika and Tabane sleeping in the lab, with the IS completely operational with all predicted functionalities and parameters. A little while later, Chifuyu was exposed to the fact Ichika had lost all his memories. When Chifuyu went to confront Tabane, the mad scientist had already disappeared, leaving a launch prepped White Knight IS, the first true IS. On a computer screen showed a massive number of ballistic data for nuclear missiles and their corresponding targets. Chifuyu had no idea what it was, but she knew that the target of all those missiles was one place, the research center she and Ichika were at. So she used the White Knight to protect what was most important to her.

Years later, Tabane reveals that she remembers why IS only respond to women and Ichika. Because it is based on his psyche. The last experiment directly linked Ichika's mind to the IS cores and an overload occured. Effectively it killed the mental Ichika then, leaving one with effective amnesia.

The infinite potential that lay within Ichika and the fact Ichika himself is male. Those gave the infinite stratos its unique traits of evolution and being female only use.
Already think of it! In fact, that is my future plan for Sakura.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 07:21   Link #48242
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
What if:

The reason Ichika can pilot the IS, is because Ichika is the IS, or rather he is all of the IS cores made, and all IS cores that will be made?

When Tabane approached the Orimura siblings, she saw that the elder sister had unlimited talent, skill beyond imagine. Then she laid eyes on Ichika, barely above a toddler, his eyes were on the sky and she could already tell he had infinite potential.

That became Tabane's inspiration for Infinite Stratos.

At 5 years of age, Tabane and Chifuyu had come to an agreement to have Ichika help them with their Infinite Stratos research. The system was to be based upon Ichika's own psyche. But the progress was slow, to the point the government had pulled their research funding. One day, Chifuyu came to the lab to see Ichika and Tabane sleeping in the lab, with the IS completely operational with all predicted functionalities and parameters. A little while later, Chifuyu was exposed to the fact Ichika had lost all his memories. When Chifuyu went to confront Tabane, the mad scientist had already disappeared, leaving a launch prepped White Knight IS, the first true IS. On a computer screen showed a massive number of ballistic data for nuclear missiles and their corresponding targets. Chifuyu had no idea what it was, but she knew that the target of all those missiles was one place, the research center she and Ichika were at. So she used the White Knight to protect what was most important to her.

Years later, Tabane reveals that she remembers why IS only respond to women and Ichika. Because it is based on his psyche. The last experiment directly linked Ichika's mind to the IS cores and an overload occured. Effectively it killed the mental Ichika then, leaving one with effective amnesia.

The infinite potential that lay within Ichika and the fact Ichika himself is male. Those gave the infinite stratos its unique traits of evolution and being female only use.
I`m sure that idea is taken somewhere by someone else in FF.net before maybe not..
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 07:29   Link #48243
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Finally completed it!
Spoiler for Another of Paradise Lost:
Old 2013-11-10, 08:28   Link #48244
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... I wonder whether could Tate order Martial Laws State in ISA alone?

Also, having an idea of a team that specialized in eliminating traitor IS pilots...
Old 2013-11-10, 09:29   Link #48245
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Okay, another sample piece of my IS/KR idea.

Quote:
"Well, I must say, your credentials are quite impressive, Hongo-san" Chifuyu Orimura remarked. "But why did you choose IS Academy?"

Takeshi hesitated to answer the question. The reason? Because he never really considered working in the said academy. But how did he end up in this situation?

Flashback:

"IS Academy?"

"Yup. Why not try your luck there?" Tabane asked, a little bit curious.

"Well, according to what I've known, it's very hard to enter that school. You needed several government clearances and security checks. It's like you're joining some top secret agency. Besides, I'm contented to just teach at some local high schools or universities nearby." Takeshi replied.

"Don't worry, Ho-kun, the super genius Tabane will help you get that job." Tabane happily remarked.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Just leave it to me!"

A few days later, Takeshi received some mail which, to his amazement, exactly contained all the neccessary requirements for him to enter the IS Academy for a job interview.

"How did she do this?" somehow it smelled too fishy for Takeshi. Does she really want him to go to IS Academy? What's her true motive for helping him get inside that school?

End Flashback

"Well then..." Chifuyu suddenly spoke again, snapping Takeshi out of his trance. "...you may start next week, Hongo-san. Welcome to IS Academy."

"Thank you, Orimura-san." he replied. He never thought that he would teach at this famous school. But then again, at least he got a job.
Edit: I've just seen Gaim episode 6 preview. It appears that Bravo is a gay.

Last edited by Rokumonsen; 2013-11-10 at 09:46.
Rokumonsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 09:36   Link #48246
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It was just a random thought XD
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 09:51   Link #48247
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, with that French name and outfit, you never know!

Also, guess that the number of Fruit Rider would surpassed Ryuki and maybe even Hibiki.
Old 2013-11-10, 10:19   Link #48248
novalysis

After thinking about it, I realized that the Infinite Stratos world is actually a ripe world for a Neo-feudal Sci-fi epic, along the lines of the world of Mechwarrior. Imagine, that a few decades or even a century after the invention of IS, the world is plunged into some kind of nuclear war, or equivalent apocalyptic scenario. As a result of the chaos and breakdown of Civilization throughout the world, in the aftermath, surviving IS pilots and surviving Cores forms a warrior aristocracy of sorts.

There seems to be a few kinks in this scenario though. For one, presuming IS Cores eventually wear out, and presuming that they are destructible by means of Nuclear weapons (or other wise), the number of IS Cores available in a post-apocalyptic world will steadily shrink. Secondly, if IS pilots tend not to pass down their IS compatibility to their children, then, we would not get the model of a European hereditary Aristocracy, but rather, the model of a Mameluk Nobility of the Later Medieval- Early Modern Middle East.

On the other hand, if indeed, the fact that siblings with IS compatibility suggests that the daughters of IS pilots would also be compatible with IS, and cores are sufficiently durable to last millenniums, it's very likely that in a potential Post-apocalyptic Infinite Stratos scenario, IS Cores would tend to be passed down family lines whose founders already owned, or managed to secure IS Cores immediately after, during or before such an apocalypse.

Families with excess IS cores may well scour the populations under their jurisdiction for compatible retainers and clients, though the risk is that such Cores may fall out of said families Control. I would imagine that eventually, unless these Retainers are sterilized to prevent other family lines from emerging, we may well get a multi-tiered nobility system, where the the power of an Aristocrat is dependent on how advanced her core is.

It is possible that under such a system, combat would tend to be rather ritualized, and deliberately intended to prevent the destruction of an IS Core.

It frightens me that a Harem Scenario may well still be easily conceivable in such a setting. Imagine an Aristocratic boy, whom, like Ichika, was found to be compatible with an IS Core, at about the time where civilization recovered to the point that new, though crude and primitive, compared to the most advanced IS Cores started to be made - and as a result places the entire Post Apocalyptic status quo under strain, as post-apocalyptic states begin to embark on an arms race, while conservatives attempt to resist the recruitment of IS compatible commoners to fill the numbers up.

That boy may well have no shortage of suitors, even more so than Ichika.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 10:35   Link #48249
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm not sure what I just read. But it sounds right up tempest's alley
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 18:28   Link #48250
Akisa Akimune
L'anticipation du pouvoir

Sarashiki's Champion

The tale of a man who may save or destroy the world. The chronicle of a man who lost his family and found a new. The story of the strongest man who existed! Sarashiki Ichika!

I was in front of her grave, wearing the tuxedo Sarashiki-san gave me. The ceremony ended and everybody left, left me alone. All these people tried to talk with me, but I just ignored them, so they left as the coward they were.

They didn't understand that I disliked them, who came with their pity and their false tears. Not one of them really knew my sister or even tried to know and understand her.
They didn't understand why I didn't cry. Why did I need to cry? Why did I need to show them my sadness? Why did they need to be sure I loved my sister? I can't understand these adults that were waiting to hear my tears and my screams.

Why Tabane-san and Houki or even obaa-chan couldn't come? Only people that came were I and people that had maybe known Chifuyu-nee.

Why did people I trust weren't here?

I didn't see them since 2 days, since nee-sama's... death.

After I talked with Sarashiki-san, I came back to my home.
During 2 days, I didn't come to school. My school called sometimes but I didn't respond.
I was too tired.
This home was filled with memories of her and each noise I heard, I thought it was her. I thought it was only a horrib;le nightmare and that I just awoke.

But... the nightmare wouldn't end, so I went to her room. To be sure... of what, I didn't know. I rested in her bed all the night while my whole body was shivering.

The second night, I didn't sleep, I searched info about Sarashiki Tatenashi.

I used the whole night and there are informations on him I still didn't know.
I read some infos very interesting, like he was the head of his clan, the Sarashiki Clan.
He was very well known to be the hardest man to beat in business.
Also, his clan was very well known to be the clan who provides weapons and the best tacticians to the government. He was himself known as a excellent tactician and he went in Afghanistan, some years ago.

I slowly approached the grave and put a bunch of flowers on it. These flowers were white orchids, the flower she loved the most. Loved... I already started to talk of her in the past, however it was just 2 days she died.

'Why are my thoughts always returning to her and her death?' I asked silently.

Someone approached me and put his hand on my right shoulder. "I will go now, Ichika-kun. What is your answer?"

I raised my head to see that man. The man who said that he will be my new family and the only person that had the decency to not come here with tears in his eyes, as he knew my Nee-sama.

He didn't go unnoticed in a group of Japanese, with his blue hair, his red eyes and his tall body. But I don't think that annoyed him, after all, Sarashiki Tatenashi was loving how everybody pays attention to him.

The most important thing about this man is that he was an old friend of my family... I didn't know if I must be happy or unhappy that he came here and offered me to go with him in his world. The world Nee-sama tried to keep me away from.

When I think of what Nee-san tried to do... It's no important for the moment. She died and it was my turn to take a decision. I sighed, my decision was already took his, and the man behind knew that.
"Where are we go?" I asked after one moment of silence.
He smiled then turned towards the exit of the cemetery. "You'll see..." He said.
After this mysterious sentence, he started to walk forwards without waiting for me.
Really, this man... Whatever. I returned to her grave and reread it.
Rest In Peace:
Orimura Chifuyu
February 28, 2001- October 18, 2017

The first tears I cried since a very long time started to flow. "Nee-sama... I won't forget you and what you said." I whispered.

Last edited by Akisa Akimune; 2013-11-10 at 21:25. Reason: I did some errors in this.
Akisa Akimune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 18:33   Link #48251
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Are you the author for that fic? I liked it pretty much. Although, like what I suggested on ff.net, you should put more family dynamics on HOW Ichika helped to shape the Sarashiki sisters.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 19:01   Link #48252
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akisa Akimune View Post
Sarashiki's Champion

The tale of a man who may save or destroy the world. The tale of a man who lost his family and found a new. The man of the strongest man that existed! Sarashiki Ichika!

I was in front of her grave, wearing the tuxedo Sarashiki-san gave me. The ceremony ended and everybody left, left me alone. All these people tried to talk with me, but I just ignored them, so they left as the coward they were.

They didn't understand that I disliked them, who came with their pity and their false tears. Not one of them really knew my sister or even tried to know and understand her.
They didn't understand why I didn't cry. Why did I need to cry? Why did I need to show them my sadness? Why did they need to be sure I loved my sister? I can't understand these adults that were waiting to hear my tears and my screams.

Why Tabane-san and Houki or even obaa-chan couldn't come? Only people that came were I and people that had maybe known Chifuyu-nee.

Why did people I trust weren't here?

I didn't see them since 2 days, since nee-sama's... death.

After I talked with Sarashiki-san, I came back to my home.
During 2 days, I didn't come to school. My school called sometimes but I didn't respond.
I was too tired.
This home was filled with memories of her and each noise I heard, I thought it was her. I thought it was only a horrib;le nightmare and that I just awoke.

But... the nightmare wouldn't end, so I went to her room. To be sure... of what, I didn't know. I rested in her bed all the night while my whole body was shivering.

The second night, I didn't sleep, I searched info about Sarashiki Tatenashi.

I used the whole night and there are informations on him I still didn't know.
I read some infos very interesting, like he was the head of his clan, the Sarashiki Clan.
He was very well known to be the hardest man to beat in business.
Also, his clan was very well known to be the clan who provides weapons and the best tacticians to the government. He was himself known as a excellent tactician and he went in Afghanistan, some years ago.

I slowly approached the grave and put a bunch of flowers on it. These flowers were white orchids, the flower she loved the most. Loved... I already started to talk of her in the past, however it was just 2 days she died.

'Why are my thoughts always returning to her and her death?' I asked silently.

Someone approached me and put his hand on my right shoulder. "I will go now, Ichika-kun. What is your answer?"

I raised my head to see that man. The man who said that he will be my new family and the only person that had the decency to not come here with tears in his eyes, as he knew my Nee-sama.

He didn't go unnoticed in a group of Japanese, with his blue hair, his red eyes and his tall body. But I don't think that annoyed him, after all, Sarashiki Tatenashi was loving how everybody pays attention to him.

The most important thing about this man is that he was an old friend of my family... I didn't know if I must be happy or unhappy that he came here and offered me to go with him in his world. The world Nee-sama tried to keep me away from.

When I think of what Nee-san tried to do... It's no important for the moment. She died and it was my turn to take a decision. I sighed, my decision was already took his, and the man behind knew that.
"Where are we go?" I asked after one moment of silence.
He smiled then turned towards the exit of the cemetery. "You'll see..." He said.
After this mysterious sentence, he started to walk forwards without waiting for me.
Really, this man... Whatever. I returned to her grave and reread it.
Rest In Peace:
Orimura Chifuyu
February 28, 2001- October 18, 2017

The first tears I cried since a very long time started to flow. "Nee-sama... I won't forget you and what you said." I whispered.
So you are here now, huh? Good, gonna work on yours chapter! But listen, everyone, help Akisa. Be her BETA is you could.
Old 2013-11-10, 21:22   Link #48253
Akisa Akimune
L'anticipation du pouvoir

blitz1/2 Yeah, it's me! And don't worry, in my rewrite, I will talk about that. Thank for your review on ff.net.

Fireminer Thank you so much! I'll do my best!
Old 2013-11-10, 23:28   Link #48254
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
It's all started fifteen years ago, shortly after Houki born.

For the first time in her life, Tabane is asked what she wanted for her Birthday present. Her tenth birthday, to be exact.

Went to the toy stores, she found her fascination about this little thing called 'Gunpla' (shorthand for Gundam Plastic Model). Based on various war-themed anime featuring humanoid combat vehicle called 'Mobile Suits', Gunpla are plastic models of the aforementioned Mobile Suits, though occasionally featured something else.

Tabane got her first Gunpla, a High-Grade 1/144 Mobile Suit called "Gundam".

It was THE titular suit of the franchise.

Tabane wasn't quite a normal child, and she spent a lot of time mostly alongside other model collector and hobbyist. Most of which are teenagers and adults.

Contrary to parental expectation, high grade model kit is by no means a proper hobby for a young child like Tabane. The difficulty of assembly, much less finishing the kit, is unsuitable for active, impatient young children.

Tabane is that talented.

What changed her afterward is the loss of her first Gunpla due to the recklessness of her cousins and ignorance of her parents.

"It's just a toy" "Just buy another one wouldn't you?"

It's so easy to say, and yet they don't know how painful that sounded to her.

And on that day, Tabane decided.

She'll prove that they are wrong.

At the age of 14, the Genius Shinonono Tabane completely revolutionize Gunpla industry.
What the hell did I just write? Oh well

Quote:
The first memory he can recall clearly is when he's introduced to Shinonono family.

Ichika Orimura's earliest memory also told him that he's rendered an orphan now.

For one reason or another, his parents left their home. It wasn't certainly because of debt, because their home wasn't confiscated. Now, it's only him and his sister.

Distrustful of the adults, his older sister Chifuyu tried to raise him on her own.

But the fortified wall around her hearts is no match for Yukiko's approach.

The Shrine Maiden had sworn oath of chastity for the sake of God, and yet, the woman in her always wanted something that most women of her age had.

Children.

As such, both Ichika and Chifuyu got adopted and raised by her.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-11-10 at 23:50.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 23:54   Link #48255
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Zero, could I use the second part for mine?
Old 2013-11-11, 01:53   Link #48256
DarkJak2050

Here's another one in the archive.

Infinite Stratos Dawn's Embrace and Dusk's Wrath
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 06:07   Link #48257
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Hmm... I wonder whether could Tate order Martial Laws State in ISA alone?

Also, having an idea of a team that specialized in eliminating traitor IS pilots...
Hey that`s my line ! Oh well, since mine is more like paramilitary organization recognized by UN, ASEAN, EU and NATO.

Please don`t remind me the Martial Law, my grandfather described it as hell. PM(Marcos) killed many of his political opponents and one of their deaths caused the EDSA I.
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 07:42   Link #48258
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, that could go well with SEED's "Mirrorverse".

Hmm... I wonder whether making Madoka a Yandere is a good idea... At least Ichika would have a bodyguard now.
Old 2013-11-11, 08:34   Link #48259
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Another piece of my xover idea.

As Takeshi walks along the hallway for his first class, he can't help but feel pressure, even if he already had some experience in teaching. Well, a class of delinquents is different compared to a class full of young girls.

As he stopped at the front of the entrance, he heard Chifuyu saying something to the students inside the classroom.

"Okay, listen up. You have a new Physics teacher." Chifuyu announced.

"What?"

"A new teacher in this school?"

As Class 1-A started to become noisy, because of excitement and curiosity, the aforementioned new teacher made his entrance.

"Enough chatter. Show some respect." Chifuyu commanded, which the class fearfully abided.

"My name is Takeshi Hongo. And I'm going to be your new Physics teacher for this semester. I hope we could get along." he introduced himself.

A moment of silence followed. Then...

"Kyaaaaah!"

"Another male!"

"It's a teacher this time!"

The whole class goes into a euphoria.
Old 2013-11-11, 08:37   Link #48260
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

"AH-CHOOO!... So cold!..."

"My my, Ichika-kun. How did you've got a cold?"

"Chifuyu-nee... made me... run 10 laps around the school... with Byakkushiki on my back... AH-CHOO!!!"

"Dear... But don't worry, because your Onee-chan is here! Wait me for a minute!"

(1 Minute latter)

"Ta-da!"

"Tate... Tatenashi-san, what are you wearing?!"

"Isn't it obvious? This is my "nurse" outfit! Or... Maybe Ichika-kun prefers something more... Revealing..."

"Bu... But..."

"Now, now. It's time for your pill! Say "Ah"!"

"... Could I refuse it?"

"Of course not!"

And that's how Ichika Orimura made a vow of never to get sick again.

Finally, my mood has return! Betaing Akisa's work sure has a good influenced! I must compliment her plot line, still, too many flaws in the way of word.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest