AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-03, 18:29   Link #221
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
No you got it all wrong. They did get Lise, too. But, Lise was recaptured(see episode 1, when the monsters where attacking a car. It was Lise.)
Ok your right i went back and rewatched ep 1 but now im even more intrested i might have to start playing devils advocate. I think the next few episodes will start to reveal a little bit more about whats going on. IF you think about it we really dont know too much about what situations our 4 heroins have been forced into. My main intrest is the manifestation of their powers will one be stronger than the others do they have the same powers or powers only suited for each one.

My theory on strenght potential is is the strength of their powers will be dependent on how strong their will to live is. The lady did say if you lose the will to live than you wont survive. If thats true than the opposite should apply as well the stronger your will to live the stronger you are
Old 2006-11-03, 19:03   Link #222
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I've been wondering... since the girls are supposedly 'dead' but are able to live on thanks to Lula, does it mean that they've actually stopped aging? It'd be an interesting information to know. If that's the case they could sort of be compared to vampires, in a way.

Just speculating, eh.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 22:06   Link #223
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
It's funny that everyone has picked up on every thought that went through my head upon watching Red Garden.

PS: Gonzo seems to be making up for all the crap it's been releasing....
Old 2006-11-04, 11:39   Link #224
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

There a few reasons why I think episode four is currently one of the best for Red Garden.

This is because how verosimile and natural each of the girls behave and are reacting to the full mess they have been thrown into.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 11:44   Link #225
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-04, 14:36   Link #226
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 06:11   Link #227
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

ok, i am not sure if anyone is interested, since most of the discussion are from raw viewers. However, i am writing a brief summary and the likes on red garden in my blog on this link about Red Garden.

If anyone is interested, do check it out and make some comments on my speculative statements, ya? That said, i am doing an episodic review on episode 5 soon enough, once i get enough time on my hands, tee hee ^+^

On Claire in episode 5

Spoiler:

------------

On Kate in episode 5

Spoiler:

-----------

On the guy in episode 5

Spoiler:
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 07:47   Link #228
Impz
Insanity Anime Blogger

sorry for the double post but if anyone is interested (the people who can't read raws and want a rough idea of what's happening in episode 5)

Episode 5 screenshots and summary

Ja ne~
Impz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 21:34   Link #229
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, episode 5 was interesting in several ways.

- Rachel's torment was certainly touching, but I couldn't help thinking about her sexy lingerie the whole time through. 8)

- Genga was somewhat spotty in this episode. The close up shots were perfect as usual, but I did notice that several long shots has weird perspective, shifting details and disproportionate objects. Kate suffered the most, as far as I could notice. Which is strange, because there were many really well-positioned shots in there as well.

- The animation of the rain in the beginning sequence was a work of pure animating genius. It was simply amazing. The best "rain" work I've seen in a long time. So moody, stylish and atmospheric.

- It seems curious to me that Rachel seems to be the one whose social dynamic has undergone the most change. Kate is suffering through the ordeal in her usual bottled-up manner. Rose and Claire keep up the spirits, but their outer shell cracks a bit here and there. Rachel, on the other hand, is actively self-destructing, literally imploding with all the rage and confusion that others feel, but generally try to keep inside. Why Rachel, and not equally extroverted Claire?

- A lot of the film in many scenes looks very grainy and coarse. Is it a video artifact, or deliberate artistic styling. I've seen this grain effect in other episodes as well, and I keep wondering about the desired effect it's supposed to have.

Good episode, all in all. Can't wait to see some more of Red Garden and more of the psychological puzzles it keeps adding.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 01:42   Link #230
fignae
floofer. floof.

Spoiler for ep 5, quoting MrProphet above:
fignae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 07:40   Link #231
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
No singing in ep 4 either. Now it almost feels like something is missing

And unless I misunderstood the reference, Rose seems to be a Soup Nazi customer
Hey, why not. He makes good soup.

I thought a lot of the attempted drama in this ep was hindered by a rare Gonzo lapse in art quality. A lot of the character poses seemed somewhat disfigured in this ep. The character designs have always been a contentious issue about this series, but I haven't minded, since the animation has been, to date, so fluid. But it wasn't in this ep.

Slow ep as well, until the end. The fight scenes have always been the most tense in the series. Same deal for this ep, but I didn't think it was anywhere near as intense as the last ep. But it is reassuring to know that several questions still remain unanswered, which should keep things intriguing for the rest of the series.

Rose seems useless in the fights. I hope that changes, it makes her character seem, well, rather cowardly and thus unlikable.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 08:25   Link #232
wao
OK.

I only just noticed how they changed the ED in episode 5 I love this! They keep changing it in little ways episode to episode and this one was downright hilarious, I almost choked on my food when we suddenly see
Spoiler for not really a spoiler:

And I finally got around to watching it, and I really simply cannot say any more than I have already said - the voice acting is absolutely excellent, and I'm very fascinated by the way things are going. I think this is the first series from Gonzo that I've actually really enjoyed...

I've come to be able to look at Rachel as someone acting as she is - while I still don't like her character, the very interesting and somehow believeable way she's being portrayed makes me appreciate her existance rather than hate it.

EDIT: Looks like the singing is back in episode 6...

Last edited by wao; 2006-11-08 at 12:22.
wao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 12:25   Link #233
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I finally saw episode four, I guess I had too big expectations because I ended up liking it the least from the subbed ones. When even I notice problems with the animation, it surely is bad. For instance the blood on Rachel's face disappeared for a few seconds then appeared again. Btw, was the usage of the baseball bat reminiscent of Higurashi or what?

Quote:
Normally I should get VERY pissed off at girls like Rachel - but you know what, here I was thinking "this is exactly what should happen if Rachel was that kind of person". Of course, I still don't like her - I hate girls like that, anyway- but the way she's starting to break down doesn't feel so much emo but rather a very beliveable reaction.
Agreed. In most cases when you have a group of characters in some bad situation, you see them forgetting their differences and behave somewhat friendly with each other pretty quickly. And Rachel does have a point - if I am told that I am dead and this is more or less proven later on the last thing I would do is go to to school.
And Claire was so reckless while checking out the mansion. I wonder why evil blonde guy did nothing to her, though. I guess while living in that rough neighbourhood has made Claire a lot more daring than the rest.
I am waiting for Kate to snap at some point, you just can't be so nice to everyone all the time. But she really was there when Rose needed any kind of friend, so I can't help but admire her.
These policemen who interrogated Kate are a bunch of amateurs - her reaction when the mentioned a possible boyfiend of Lis was so obvious. I wonder how the hell they have determined that all those cases must be suicides - how do you know whether it's a suicide or not when the body is found in the forest?

Quote:
EDIT: Looks like the singing is back in episode 6..
Great!

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 12:26   Link #234
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Okay, I watched ep.6 raw. This episode is kind of hard to understand with my poor Japanese skills .

For one thing, the song is back briefly. This time sing by Rachel, and I believe it's the same one in ep2.

The internal struggle continues, and we learn more about Herve in this episode.
Spoiler:

We also learn more about the girls' situation from Lula.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Agreed. In most cases when you have a group of characters in some bad situation, you see them forgetting their differences and behave somewhat friendly with each other pretty quickly. And Rachel does have a point - if I am told that I am dead and this is more or less proven later on the last thing I would do is go to to school.

These policemen who interrogated Kate are a bunch of amateurs - her reaction when the mentioned a possible boyfiend of Lis was so obvious. I wonder how the hell they have determined that all those cases must be suicides - how do you know whether it's a suicide or not when the body is found in the forest?
Maybe some other forensic evidences indicated that it's a suicide? Well, at least one of the policeman noticed that Kate was lying, so they aren't entirely amateurs.
Old 2006-11-08, 12:45   Link #235
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Well, at least one of the policeman noticed that Kate was lying, so they aren't entirely amateurs.
He said that he had a feeling Kate was linked to all this, not that she was lying about specific things. You'd expect detectives to be a bit better if the show bothers to show their investigation at all. Maybe I have read too many mystery novels or think that everyone should be a detective machine like Runge from Monster. Anyway, I wonder what the role of the police will be in the series. I hope it will find something sooner or later.
The news Rachel was watching mentioned "no signs of physical injury" but I don't think many people bother to go and die in the forest after they have drunk poison or done something else in order to end their lives. If I were a policeman, I would never believe this was just a series of suicides. If after the autopsy the reason for the death is still unknown or looks like a death from sickness, why would the cops talk about suicides even when alone?

Last edited by Matrim; 2006-11-08 at 13:09.
Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 17:14   Link #236
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Spoiler for regarding episode 6:
Old 2006-11-08, 21:35   Link #237
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Spoiler for regarding episode 6:
Good point. I didn't notice that.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-09, 01:25   Link #238
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Episode 4: Did they really just make a soup nazi reference?
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 11:39   Link #239
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impz View Post
sorry for the double post but if anyone is interested (the people who can't read raws and want a rough idea of what's happening in episode 5)

Episode 5 screenshots and summary

Ja ne~
You have my thanks Impz, because after having read your synopsis right after watching episode five now I got the grasp on what the girls are facing.

Basically, it is fear of the unknown. Until episode six, the girls died but are living in borrowed lives, yet hey have not come to terms with that reality and thought everything was carrying on as always. That is when they had their first encounter with the beast man, and Rula told them that they'll be living for them from now on to fight until an unknown objective is accomplished.

Spoiler:

I did expect for Rose to snap at her siblings given that all of this fear and stress was piling in her, and she was too afraid of the truth for not allowing Kate to reach her by phone. Summing that and that her siblings were making an annoying ruckus, she just let it go all once without reservations.

Rachel and Claire scared me the most.
Spoiler:

The only thing that gives reassurance to the girls that there's still some vestiges of existence in their new "life" is that they're not alone. It would take great courage from their part to come to accept their deaths, since I believe would become a need for all four of them to stick together.

However, if Kate can no longer hold her own sanity, amounted that the other three girls keep on day in and day out with their hysterics, then they have no chance to survive all the way to the end in order to disenmasquerade the whole picture of the truth.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-11, 23:43   Link #240
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, I liked Episode 6, if that is any surprise. 8)

Rose doing the <3 face in the lemon-eating scene simply had me floored. I mean, it was almost as if she was going to utter "uguu~~~" or some other cutesy crap. I think I'd have had a heart attack if she did. 8)

And speaking of lemons... was it lemon juice that Hevre had Mireille drink where Hevre's sister said that Mireille wasn't feeling well?

Sound editing was through the roof. The moment where they have Rachel singing, Lula talking to Kate AND Kate and Rose talking to Rachel all at the same time and perfectly synced to overlap and create an ambient sound... WOW... just WOW.

This is the second show this year after Noein where the sound editing is simply leaving me speechless.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, supernatural