AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-27, 18:28   Link #21
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I agree that Subaru is nothing like Kotetsu, young or old. I don't think I'd call him "pretentious" though - more just young and messed-up. He's a candidate for some serious mentorship (from Kotetsu presumably) or his career is going to spiral down pretty quickly.

I also think Mr. Black illustrates a real flaw in this buddy system, where the pairings are based more on marketing than either strategic or personal compatibility. The whole bishounen pairing makes no sense - Subaru should be partnered with an older, stable type who can (and will) bust his ass when necessary rather than another arrogant 17 year-old who has no interest in anyone other than himself.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-30, 10:11   Link #22
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I also think Mr. Black illustrates a real flaw in this buddy system, where the pairings are based more on marketing than either strategic or personal compatibility. The whole bishounen pairing makes no sense - Subaru should be partnered with an older, stable type who can (and will) bust his ass when necessary rather than another arrogant 17 year-old who has no interest in anyone other than himself.
Exactly; and unfortunately something that management likely didn't think or care about. All they want are these 2 pretty faces to lure in more impressionable fans/viewers and make money for them; the rest is unimportant.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-05, 15:40   Link #23
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It was nice, but
Spoiler for ep 13:
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-05, 16:46   Link #24
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It was nice, but
Spoiler for ep 13:
I mean, it's practically self defense. Especially when the duo were fully intent to harm the heroes or made them into statues or worse.

It also taught Magical Cat a little bit about the reality of her occupational hazards.
Old 2022-05-05, 18:53   Link #25
Twi

I'm on episode 3 now. Ryan got some depth but at the same time he was kind of creeping with the stalker vibes, which seemed to be the current theme considering that perv from the last season was there. Worst was the fact that he used her goodwill do to it, meaning she'll actually start scanning her letters with some distrust and making it harder for kids in the future to get visits.
Old 2022-05-05, 20:07   Link #26
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, Chubby Agnes is kinda adorable :P
I hate what they did to her... bring back the bombshell, please.

I'm surprised I liked Ryan as much as I did, what happened to him after the movie is sad and I'm glad that he at least trusts the Stern Build heroes and has become friends with them. Also, he caught on to the fact that Karina likes Kotetsu... I wonder when he will slip up and accidentally out her secret crush.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2022-05-05 at 20:21.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-06, 03:45   Link #27
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah, Ryan has his flaws, but overall he is a good, caring guy.
Old 2022-05-07, 18:22   Link #28
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Finished the first core at last. They left a pretty big cliffhanger for second half. But I wonder if some plotlines like Thomas'es sister or the whole unfinished story with Lunatic play out when. iF not, I will be pretty disappointed.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-17, 09:52   Link #29
Twi

Got to the fourth episode now. We know that Sky High takes everything seriously, but it was kind of adorable how insecure he mentioned being at the end and hiding his own flaws to appear perfect for Fire Emblem.

And it is painful watching Barnaby going home to his plants. Between Ryan and his iguana and Sky High's dogs, they feel so lonely outside of work.
Old 2022-05-24, 12:05   Link #30
Frontier

Was that new character introduced in the last few episodes voiced by Takehito Koyasu? His laugh sounded familiar .

Why is Ouroboros out to discredit NEXT? I feel like the discrimination against NEXT's was more present in this season compared to season 1. Is it because they're trying to undermine the heroes because they keep getting in their way ?

I was always hoping Kaede would want to go into the family business like her dad so I'm glad they started addressing that. Although considering how her powers work, the only way I could see her being useful is if she was in a squad with other Heroes, but even that might not last long because she apparently can't recopy a power from the same NEXT. Maybe she just needs to learn how to properly utilize her powers or have them grow as she matures more ?

I'm not surprised Kotetsu isn't 100% in favor of her becoming a hero even when he respects her desire to be one because he knows how dangerous the life is. I was also wondering if Tomoe would've wanted Kaede to follow in Kotetsu' footsteps (although I feel like she might've) .

Oh yeah, and Precious Eve did refer to Christmas in the end .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It was nice, but
Spoiler for ep 13:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I hate what they did to her... bring back the bombshell, please.
It it kind of surprising they took probably their most overtly sexy adult female character and had her put on some pounds .
Quote:
I'm surprised I liked Ryan as much as I did, what happened to him after the movie is sad and I'm glad that he at least trusts the Stern Build heroes and has become friends with them. Also, he caught on to the fact that Karina likes Kotetsu... I wonder when he will slip up and accidentally out her secret crush.
They didn't really feature much KotetsuxKarina time this season outside that one episode, and for a second I thought they might be shifting her feelings to Ryan, but just look at the way she glows up whenever she talks to Kotetsu !

Also, college-age Karina has such a strong and mature glow about her. And she was so awesome fighting Fugan and Mugan out-of-costume .

But yeah, I wasn't really expecting Ryan back so soon after the movie or to officially join the main cast, but he and Blue Rose worked surprisingly well together and I like how their partnership grew .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Finished the first core at last. They left a pretty big cliffhanger for second half. But I wonder if some plotlines like Thomas'es sister or the whole unfinished story with Lunatic play out when. iF not, I will be pretty disappointed.
I definitely feel like they can't properly resolve Thomas' character arc until they addressed what happened to his sister. I was actually kind of surprised that it didn't seem like he'd been looking for her, but maybe the emotional wound of their separation and why just made it too hard.

But unless she's not in Sternbild anymore or is completely out of the loop on the Hero news I can't imagine she doesn't know that HIT is her brother when his name is literally in his codename and he has the same powers. I know Thomas said the execs came up with the name but I thought for a second he was using it so his sister would realize it's him. Or maybe she's completely forgotten about him?

It felt like they were building up to Yuri becoming Lunatic again all season only for him to not have to. I guess that's probably something they'll save for the second half. But I'll just savor all the Kotetsu and Yuri scenes we get this season .
Old 2022-05-24, 17:06   Link #31
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, Chubby Agnes is kinda adorable :P
Yes, yes she was. I liked how that even though the characters have a brief moment where it get's mentioned, Agnes herself never laments over her weight gain or changes how she behaves, nor did they have the voice actress do a "fat voice". I really f'ing hate when they do that.
Old 2022-05-24, 17:55   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Yes, yes she was. I liked how that even though the characters have a brief moment where it get's mentioned, Agnes herself never laments over her weight gain or changes how she behaves, nor did they have the voice actress do a "fat voice". I really f'ing hate when they do that.
I love the utter shocked reaction from the silent prof. the moment he realized that chubby Agnes is, well, Agnes .

It was such an understated comedy yet hilarious as hell .
Old 2022-05-25, 02:45   Link #33
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Still no news when we get remaining eps?
Old 2022-07-02, 09:12   Link #34
saya_leviathan

^ Part 2 will be aired on October 7 this year
https://twitter.com/TIGERandBUNNY/st...25067475464192
saya_leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-02, 09:17   Link #35
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by saya_leviathan View Post
^ Part 2 will be aired on October 7 this year
https://twitter.com/TIGERandBUNNY/st...25067475464192
Good to know .
Old 2022-09-30, 13:12   Link #36
Twi

Part 2 Trailer dropped:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-09-30, 13:14   Link #37
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Looks like they will address Yuri/Lunatics storyline but no indication about one teased for Thomas.
Old 2022-09-30, 13:57   Link #38
Frontier

I was expecting we'd get more Lunatic in the second-half .

Also, Takehito Koyasu is finally here .
Old 2022-10-14, 00:41   Link #39
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Watched eps. 14-16 for now. Glad they addressed the whole thing with Thomses sister and Yuris plot is also coming out bit by bit. Though, the series became even more "netflixy" with random LGBTQ+ bits. Not that I care but everything should be in moderation (while Ruby being adopted by gay couple was presented naturaly, random NEXT lesbian in ep. 15 was to much in your face).
Old 2022-10-14, 00:48   Link #40
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What did it change that she was a lesbian? Nothing. Which is as it should be.