AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Delta - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 1 2.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 6.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 24.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 13.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.44%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 4.44%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 4.44%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-09-26, 08:58   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Macross Delta - Overall Series Impressions & Total Series Rating

This thread is to be used for discussing the entire episodes of Macross Delta ... your thoughts about the show, overall impressions, expectations and hopes about Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive footage etc.

A few subjects you might want to ramble on about:
  • General impression of the series.
  • Opinions on the overall story, writing & plot devices.
  • Thoughts about the animation quality.
  • Characters/Character Design
  • Voice Acting
  • Which kind of footage (Blu-Ray/DVD-exclusive) you feel you'd really like to see.
  • What the show meant to you.
  • What could the creators/animators/writers have done better.

And so on.

The poll represents your total series rating. In other words, how you would rate all the episodes combined (1-10)? If you'd rather rate the whole series by technical/artistic merits, you can do so. An example:

Animation Quality: 1-10
Voice Actors: 1-10
Script: 1-10
Soundtrack: 1-10
Editing: 1-10
Enjoyment: 1-10
Emotional Involvement: 1-10

Average = Total Series Rating

Or a combination of the two. Or your general gut feeling.

Feel free to discuss and more importantly, have fun
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 10:06   Link #2
Psyco Diver

Animation - 8 - Pretty good although there were some hiccups mid way through and some of the cgi was jarring at a few moments. The battle scenes were good although I felt they lacked that Macross feel most of the time, doesn't make it bad but just didn't feel completely Macross either

Voice Actors - 7 - I was going to give a average school because while it was good, it wasn't anything mind blowing, but the last episode really was good with the singing, I enjoyed the fact that the singing wasn't crystal clear, but the VAs did a good job making the singing under stress and happiness sound obvious without being in my face

Script - 5 - So many loose ends, so many characters brought in to be forgotten. It needed a serious rewrite to tie everything up. What they did do right they did very well I will say

Soundtrack - 8 - I liked the songs, I would have liked a few more songs though because near the end it felt like I was listening to the songs over and over again

Editing - 7 - Pretty good overall I didn't see anything out of place but I didn't see anything special done outside of the CGI

Enjoyment - 6 - I enjoyed it, I don't see myself rewatching it like the original Macross or Macross Plus, but for the most part I liked the characters and the basic story. I didn't find myself yearning for the next episode but I still made time when I could to watch it

Emotional Involvement - 5 - Characters were good but in the end it was some of the backround characters I care about more because they seems a little more interesting. The mains were good and at least weren't cookie cutters either but they would do some dumb things that would leave me shaking my head

Overall - 6 - A bit above average, what drags the series for me is the plot and the antagonists motives. I think this series could have seriously benefited from a trimming or a 50 episode run so they could have fleshed out more. There allot of good stuff going on but for the most part was left hanging
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 11:16   Link #3
Thess

Animation Quality: 8. It could have been better but it had no break. The reused footage was annoying.
Voice Actors: 10. I adored all the voice acting, specially mention to Berger's (I hope the seiyuu is fine).
Script: 7. It has serious issues with the execution of the story. The story was fine up episode 13 and then became a convoluted mess.
Soundtrack: 9. It was no Frontier or Plus, but it was still charming. It needed more Ikenai Borderline though.
Editing: 8. Seemed okay. But I didn't pay a lot of attention.
Enjoyment: 7. I would have given this a 10 if it had kept the quality of the first part, but some episodes dragged a lot.
Emotional Involvement: 7. I was only emotionally involved with a few characters: Messer, Cassim, Freyja, Hayate and Walkure. Oh and the seacat sensei.

Overall. Ummm let's give it a 8. Mostly because the first half was really good. The second half needs to be reworked, but some ideas were good, but really what was that execution? My major complain in general is that it just seemed to be two disconnected stories put together hastily. One has Freyja as a main character (and Hayate as her love interest) and another has Keith (which became a thing in the second half, IMO, when Keith's character did a 180º along with Roid's). At least to my impression, despite liking him a lot, Hayate just didn't come off as a strong main character (which was too bad because he started strong). Even up the end when the stories clash, it still feels like watching two stories unrelated unfold. It's like Hayate never filled the place Messer did and Keith came out nowhere and became the major male lead in everything except the romantic story, if that makes sense. It was just messy. The multiple POVs do work in other medium, like the novel proves, but it doesn't work with the anime format so well.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 11:26   Link #4
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Animation Quality: 6 - the usage of cgi valkyrie models was pretty severe. I'm not a fan of it although I know it enables the producers to cut the costs and put the money elsewhere. Although the animation was crisp and sharp most of the time I feel that it fell behind other contemporary series.

Voice Actors: 6 - mostly because there weren't many emotional moments where voice actors abilities could shine. Voice acting was good and solid but nothing more than that.

Script: 4 - open plot points, bad pacing, midway series crisis, severely underdeveloped characters, a lot of wasted characters and sometimes hard to follow because of magical Kawamori logic.

Soundtrack: 7 - solid songs. Enjoyable and rhythmic although thats about it. Basic soundtrack (besides the songs) indistinguishable from any other generic anime soundtrack.

Editing: 7 - CGI was done pretty well although as always it lacked mass and proper physics. Nevertheless the fighting scenes were enjoyable and for me it was a pretty solid and noticeable upgrade from Frontier. Character scenes were mostly generic and the over usage of group talking scenes made important plot elements pretty forgettable and boring,

Enjoyment: 5 - I found myself enjoying the first part of the series but pretty disappointed in the other half. After some time I started to forget about watching new Delta episodes.

Emotional Involvement: 4 - I didn't find myself drawn to any of the character to the point of liking them more then others. Sub plots were more interesting to me as well as minor characters that were less important to the Deltas main story.

Average: 5.5

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 11:57   Link #5
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Animation Quality: 8
Voice Actors: 9
Script: 7
Soundtrack: 8
Editing: 7
Enjoyment: 8
Emotional Involvement: 8

As much as I disagree with Thess on Windermere in general, I agree with her on just about everything else. I even get what she means by two stories clashing. A mostly bright mahou shoujo/idol anime story with Freyja as the lead character (and Hayate her love interest, Mirage her friend but love-rival, Walkure the group she's in, etc...). And a much darker war narrative with Keith as the lead character. These stories didn't gel that well, perhaps because Freyja and Keith had extremely minimal interaction. That and tonal clash.

On the whole, I give Delta 8/10. The 1st half was excellent. The 2nd half was kinda disappointing, but the final two episodes reminded me of what I loved about the 1st half, and that helped a lot.
Old 2016-09-27, 13:21   Link #6
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Animation Quality: 8 - Overall pretty good! Recognized plenty of re-used shots and some odd CGI here and there.. but those dogfights. Yummy.

Voice Actors: 10 - I think everyone was on top of their game. And can't think of a character whose voice I felt didn't fit.

Script: 5 - The first half was so promising, whereas it felt like I was watching a different show on the second. Sadly it was still the same, and the story seemed hastily put together to the point it was often a bore to sit through

Soundtrack: 8 - With so many great songs to pick from, why did they keep using the same ones over and over? ...They're still good, but man..

Editing: N/A - Honestly didn't pay attention. Some stuff I already mentioned on animation quality

Enjoyment: 6 - Very much enjoyed the first half. The second half had some decent episodes, but I was bored for the most part.

Emotional Involvement: 5 - Didn't really care much for most of the cast, or the poor innocent billions that were being mindf*cked by the Windbags. Oh, and three way confessions are corny as hell.
Messer though.... ;_;

It gets a 6 out of 10 from me. It was painfully average after episode 13.
There was some good music, Walkure was cute and some of the Aerial Knights seemed pretty interesting for the amount of screentime they got.
Sadly most of the cast failed to make an impression on me, hence the low score.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 13:45   Link #7
Beqa

Animation Quality: 7 Sometimes good, an example is the death of Messer or rather see Keith doing that shot. Others well ... nobody can deny that there were some problems ... and sometimes Mikumo broke her finger to make the sign of Walkure.

Voice Actors: 8 Nothing to say for the actors. They are good no doubt, but it is true that need more scenes intenses for them shine a little more.

Design Characters: 9 I like the design for the characters and love the Sv-262 Draken III.

Script: 6 They need work in that and fast, bacause the plot for Windermere was good but for the rest was very average.

Soundtrack: 2 I dont like the jpop so most of the time when the girls sing Walkure ... I've put mute, but the voice of Junna is very good, I liked more the instrumental part and arias of Heinz.

Editing: 7 In the battles was good... alas most all time.

Enjoyment: 4 If I stay until chapter 26 was by the Mayans and the Protoculture and two o three characters.

Emotional Involvement: 2. I felt nothing for Messer, nothing for Makina when she take that shot, or for Kaname, nothing for Hayate ( In fact I feel a shame for him. Hayate is before my eyes below the other MC), and if a feel nothing for Walkure I care less for Chaos or NUNS or the rest of the Cluster.

The 2 in this rating is because Windermere, Mikumo and Mirage, because they were the ones I found most interesting. The series needs much more development in the characters.

Average = 5

In general 5/10 in not because the first parte was good, the first part in fact already started to drag problems. In terms of quality of scrip the first chapters were mediocre but with more sense than abrupt changes starting in the Chapter 11.

Maybe I fly to high when they talking about the King of Wind.

Kaworu Nagisa
Beqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 14:09   Link #8
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
As much as I disagree with Thess on Windermere in general, I agree with her on just about everything else. I even get what she means by two stories clashing. A mostly bright mahou shoujo/idol anime story with Freyja as the lead character (and Hayate her love interest, Mirage her friend but love-rival, Walkure the group she's in, etc...). And a much darker war narrative with Keith as the lead character. These stories didn't gel that well, perhaps because Freyja and Keith had extremely minimal interaction. That and tonal clash.
We can agree to disagree, I couldn’t care less anymore because the story is done. I agree that Windermere wasn't handled as well as they could be despite the heavy-handed authorial intent which was what I was arguing for (same happened to the Vajra and TV Ranka), but a movie can easily smooth things over like happened to Vajra and Ranka (and they ended up using the movie version of Frontier: where Vajra left the Galaxy). We must always keep in mind all is fictionalization anyway. This is why in general, I like to see the meta of the meta in Macross. Fr example, I don't think NUNS are likely the Devil, but they are portrayed in that simplistic way here, so I wonder why - The show isn't actual events that happen but a fictionalization of history which surely has details changed to make it appealing to their target audience. This is, in general, my interest in this, if it makes sense. If the NUNS had the same power and prestige as earlier entries by the time Delta was made, why would the media portray them so negatively? In fact, the previous Macross are all human centered with some Zentraedi-love, here the characters who shone in the finale are all Windermerians, whether they are affiliated with Roid or Windermere: Freyja and Keith saved the galaxy; and Roid was the antagonist. The so-called human protagonist and zentraedi hybrid were like sidekicks/love interests. It's a really interesting shift from a meta perspective.

However what is more worrisome is that the story in general is kind of a mess. It was like a mood whiplash: the show after episode 13. It felt that they tried to push two main characters for their side of the stories: Keith of the Aerial Knights and Freyja of Walkure (I would add Hayate of Delta Squadron, but he really just felt like a love interest in the end). In retrospect, when the show was announced, the two key images were Aerial Knights and Walkure (with Keith and Freyja as respective centers) and both of them have their POV story manga. So it might have been purposeful? Mikumo and Roid were characters that joined both plot arcs (more than any other) which were done in a shoddily done way. The mood whiplash sensation was also strong in the finale. It was like watching a crossover put together and not in the most professional way. I think I liked both stories, but I didn’t like the way they combined together. I enjoyed it, but some stuff made me pause and go "Huh???"

They really should have done two separate shows instead of trying something like this (I realize that image sums perfectly the second half of Delta ). Mikumo could have been a minor character in Freyja's as (I don't know) Freyja's mentor and the plot could have been focused on Var healing and singers boosting pilots (like Kawamori wanted). Then Mikumo would have made her return as the main heroine (maybe in a triangle with Roid and Keith?) in the serious war Macross and Protoculture stuff. It'll possibly work better that way and give all the giant cast of characters more focus and more development.

I dug Freyja’s love and passion to end this and called everyone to sing along. It was contagious. As I liked Keith’s message to the audience (not just Roid): live today, your present is what matters the most. For all those who are concerned about the future (or eternity), for all those who are haunted by the past. I think Keith’s last lines were supposed to be the message. Still, it doesn’t change that’s a 180º of a character who used to be hung about the past, but I’m sort of about Keith’s portrayal. Keith from episode 13 and after episode 13 seemed completely different (it was less on his personality change and more like Keith, before 13, was the main rival ace, after that he sort of became like the male lead of the show sometimes). I know they just tried to bait and switch Keith and Roid to make them trade roles (that’s the oldest cliché in the book: first impressions/appearances are deceiving) but it was poorly executed. While novel Keith seems like a consistent character (but hey we got his POV thus avoids being just that 'pretty jerkass ace' until his loses his eye).

Anyway, with that said. What is your Macross Ranking? My ranking so far:

1. SDFM = Flashback = DYRL
2. Plus
3. Frontier Movies. Delta first half.
4. Zero. Frontier second half.
5. Seven.
6. Frontier first half.
7. Delta second half.
8. All the Seven OVAS.
9. Lovers again.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2016-09-27 at 14:35.
Old 2016-09-27, 17:04   Link #9
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Hm, Thess, I don't think splitting series into halves and judging them separately and differently is what ranking series is all about

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 18:50   Link #10
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

Animation Quality: 7. There was an episode or two where everything was off-model (a certain member's avatar reminds me of one of them every time I see it ). It wasn't that common though. I didn't notice any moments of outstanding animation (except for that Cosmic Movement performance where they put their all into animating bouncing breasts ), though. It was just solid, I guess?
Voice Actors: 8. Minori Suzuki didn't sound very convincing to me when she had to scream or sound afraid or the like. Berger's unfortunate need to change voice actors hurt this as well. Other than that I don't have any complaints. I was particularly fond of Keith's and Mirage's voice acting.
Script: Uh... 5? This is a hard one. I loved the banter between Freyja and Hayate early on, and there were definitely other good parts to the script, but then they just... did anyone else get really pissed off every time the Aerial Knights retreated for literally no good reason when they could have easily eliminated Walküre and Chaos right then and there? Or that Roid and Keith basically swapped priorities with each other out of nowhere? Keith used to be like "we have to do what we have to do to win, even if it hurts Heinz" and Roid used to be all concerned and acting like Heinz was made of glass. Then suddenly, Roid's all in and Keith's the one who's upset about Heinz's deteriorating health. The point is, the whole thing became an unfocused, inconsistent mess and was often stupid even early on.
Soundtrack: 8. Some of the Walküre songs were really nice... and I say that as someone who hates group idol music. Natureally, there were quite a few I dislike as well... loved Heinz's songs, and some of the background music was really nice, though much of it was forgettable.
Editing: ?. Not really sure what this refers to.
Enjoyment: Sigh.
Emotional Involvement: 8-1. My emotional involvement ended after the episode when they sent off Messer as that adorable tiny plane while playing Remember 16. I had hopes there would be more, but apparently the writers weren't interested in making a nice emotional story this time.

As for my ranking of all the series in the franchise... Just a warning, I might be a heathen:
Zero > Frontier movies > Plus OVA/movie > Frontier TV > SDF = 7 = 7's OVAs/movies > DYRL >>>>> Delta.

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 19:33   Link #11
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Animation - 8: My favorite moments, like Freyja's birthday (ep16), the var-induced battle (ep18), and reading Wright's letters (ep25) were only possible with the choices made by the animators. Anything different and they wouldn't have been as striking. I'd say Macross Delta's worth the watch solely for these kinds of scenes, but sadly, there weren't too many of them.

Soundtrack - 7.5: With a couple exceptions, nothing too memorable, good or bad. I do like Kaze wa Yokoku Naku Fuku, Love! Thunder Grow, and Rune ga Pikatto Hikattara. I also love the new version of Ai Oboete Imasu ka, very haunting.

Potential - 9: Could have been pretty amazing. Let's pray for a good movie.

Reality - 4: Execution was awful. Forget plot, Mirage.
And Freyja didn't even sing Seikan Hikou for realsies

Enjoyment - 8: In my opinion, characters are far more valuable than the plot. Frankly, Freyja was the best part of this show and she dominated. If genki go lucky girls aren't your thing, it's understandable why you'd dislike Delta. Though Freyja is much, much more than that by the end..

Overall - 8: Perhaps a bit high, perhaps a certain ship sailing has to do with it.. Either way, the series ended more or less how I was hoping. Could have been a little less predictable, but I did enjoy the ride.

Potential is there for little reason; I hate judging by potential ahem Angel Beats.
Old 2016-09-27, 19:48   Link #12
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post

Anyway, with that said. What is your Macross Ranking? My ranking so far:

1. SDFM = Flashback = DYRL
2. Plus
3. Frontier Movies. Delta first half.
4. Zero. Frontier second half.
5. Seven.
6. Frontier first half.
7. Delta second half.
8. All the Seven OVAS.
9. Lovers again.
I've only seen 3 Macross properties in their entirety, so I should probably finish Zero, and watch at least one other Macross property, before I start ranking them. (As a kid, I watched a little bit of a show that shall not be named, but that's my only exposure to the oldest Macross shows )

I agree with you that Frontier's 2nd half is stronger than its 1st half, and that the reverse is true of Delta.

Delta's edges over Frontier for me - Delta is a more feel-good fun show, Freyja is my favorite character from either show, I like Delta's final episode more than Frontier's final episode.

Frontier's edges over Delta for me - Frontier has a strong edge in BGM/OST (Frontier's OST is one of the best I've ever heard in all of anime), Frontier has a better story, Sheryl Nome is the most complex character from either show, Frontier really takes off in Episode 12 or so and just never looks back. Frontier's final 5 episodes in particular have just fantastic escalation and intensity.

On the whole, I'd probably have to go Frontier > Delta. I generally don't like comparing Movies/OVAs to TV Shows, but I will say Plus is very strong, and I get why it's well-beloved in the Macross fandom.
Old 2016-09-27, 20:00   Link #13
HirouKeimou

Animation Quality: 8
Never really noticed a drop / paid attention to it. Especially on CG. Maybe it's because this series improved on Frontier models (?) so I didn't really care. Plus, I'm too busy paying attention to how for the first time since Zero, we're given more than one aerial battle in a real sky!

Also, I know how others complained but I loved the art design / character design for Delta over Frontier (seriously, it's outdated because it blends with 90s art styles and is reused in EVOL and AKB0048).

Voice Actors: 7
Everyone is on point, IMO. No one really sounds bad (even live performances of the songs).
Special honorable mentions for Ami Koshimizu (Mikumo), Kiyono Yasuno (Kaname), and Asami Seto (Mirage), who do fantastic jobs in this series overall!

Script: 7
I'll give this one a higher rating because its second half does clear up various plot threads dropped in the first half later on (corrupt NUNS dude, Roid plans, Wright incident) so it's not too bad.

Of course I'm glad for HayaFre ending, all of their scenes, especially in the finale!
Seriously, I cheered for the day a ship I supported in a Macross could sail; if everything else in Delta fails, thank you for my ship sailing, Kawamori! Let me be a little more happy about this for a while...

Soundtrack: 8 (Vocal Tracks) and 6 (Musical Themes)
Splitting this into two ratings because it's deserving of individual critique for each section.

The soundtrack itself is no Yoko Kanno; seriously, only a handful are good or memorable (honorable mention to Rhapsody In C Minor and Sad Battlefield).

The vocal ones save Delta on music; because seriously, for a person who dislikes idol groups (and didn't like music at all in AKB0048), I enjoyed vocals in Delta. Special mention for Absolute 5 (seriously, their voices coming together in that final chorus), Destructive Purity, Ikenai Borderline, God Bless You, and oh yes; need to include an honorable mention for Neo Stream because it's instrumental segment is gold!
Of course, it's not all perfect nor is Frontier (Don't Be Late, for example); but it's blending with sequences in the series and it's kind of the point of insert vocal tracks anyway.

Editing: 9
There are a couple of shaky bits (like randomly jumping scenes midway for pointless reasons); however, it's overall solid.

Enjoyment: 8
More so than Frontier, I loved aspects of this series.

The first half is a good ride, and oh boy do I now rehash how Delta soared in those first 13 episodes for a majority of people (even myself). The second half is a little bumpy; it's not perfect but neither is Star Wars or Gundam or The Lord of the Rings; or especially Frontier; and people can still enjoy those series' regardless of flaws. Overall, it's not a bad series!

And, for a fan of Macross, it's not a bad continuation of the franchise. (Disagree if you like, I don't care for your nostalgia anymore than you care about mine.)

Emotional Involvement: 7
I loved characterization in Delta. Of course, not Mirage specifically (it'll rehash old wounds here); however, I liked Hayate and Freyja (relationship aside), Mikumo because she's an amazing girl regardless of how plot handles her, and Roid because he's a power-hungry dude who loses sight of his endgame later on (and it's played off so well in comparison to Grace).

Triangular is handled alright from hindsight; because I now know it's more of a "both girls love dude for specific reasons and it's all up to him for choosing, however friendship and mission come first" kind of ordeal versus how Frontier handled it (both girls aggressively chasing him). It's a good change, I believe; and it's all the more cool when Mirage is able to confess her feelings and be fine with herself (because she said her piece). So yes; I believe the love triangle is a good emotional investment upon re-watch because it's a good show of how these 3 characters become "best friends" over the series to the point where which girl he picks will not "make or break" their friendship.

Overall: 7
It's not perfect; however, I loved a number of things about Delta which is not in Frontier (characters, triangle, and music aside).

I'll gladly sink money into Delta for it's good bits (especially it's vocal albums) and hope for a movie for clearing up this rushed ending.

Overall, it's an alright ride (not completely satisfying; but I again felt this for Frontier...).
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-27, 20:31   Link #14
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
Hm, Thess, I don't think splitting series into halves and judging them separately and differently is what ranking series is all about
I split them in halves because I really love Frontier second half and Delta first part. It's like the difference of quality that is like huge with their first/latter halves.

Old 2016-09-27, 23:30   Link #15
Kokojin

Animation Quality: 6
Voice Actors: 8
Script: 3
Soundtrack: 7
Editing: 5
Enjoyment: 4

Overall: 5.5

Personal Macross series Ranking :

SDF-DYRL
Plus (movie edition)
Zero
Frontier (series and movies)
Macross 7 (series and OVA's)
Macros II* (* as a stand alone story)
Macross Delta
Kokojin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-28, 11:43   Link #16
KongaKonga

Animation 8: Im ok with CGI....pretty much majority of action anime use cgi nowdays.. learn to accept it

Voice Actors 9:I loves Suzuki Minori...she doing great with Freyja its suit her character..and the entire cast doing great also...

Script 6: Like majority of you i enjoy the first half...I loves the concept song is power/weapon but second half murder it with lots of plothole

Soundtrack 9: Enjoy Walkure song a lot(coming from non idol fan) and I enjoy anime soundtrack too like Happiness☆-鈴木さえ子/Immelman dance etc

Editing: Dont know

Enjoyment 7: I loves this anime actually but the plot is horribly excuted in second half

Emotional Involvement 9: Yes Im emotionally cares of character likes Freyja and Messer-Kaname...I feel down with Messer death and I cant believe that I'm crying over anime(Urggh that Birthday Episode(16) got me...God bless you Freyja)

Overall 7

Hermm Ranking I dont know..I only watch Macross Plus,Dyrl movie and Frontier before Delta.Maybe I should give other macross a try...
This my top 3:
Macross Plus
Dyrl
Delta/Frontier

Last edited by KongaKonga; 2016-09-30 at 03:25. Reason: change my mind
KongaKonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 17:57   Link #17
wredsa

I am probably gonna be attacked a lot for saying this but here it goes ... I enjoyed delta more than frontier
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 20:02   Link #18
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by wredsa View Post
I am probably gonna be attacked a lot for saying this but here it goes ... I enjoyed delta more than frontier
I think that's fine to say. In terms of enjoyment I would actually put Delta above Frontier.
Old 2016-09-29, 20:41   Link #19
charles883

Me too as well
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 22:06   Link #20
HirouKeimou

I agree, too.
Delta is more enjoyable for me than Frontier.

Of course, for non-triangular purposes (as in no shipping reasons period), I love Plus above all other Macross entries. Maybe it's because of Isamu... In the first half of Delta, Hayate is similar to Isamu in attitude, ironically~
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote