Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

*reads the latest chapter*

...........................................damn
Old 2014-06-17, 08:50   Link #3182
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Goddamn David, he sure know how to make people feel horrible. He and his force clearly tried to leave the people bodies in that state. They want to make a powerful image that will be carved into people's mind.
That's something you could expect from a man who possesses the power to forsee the future. I think all those deaths are just part of his plan to make Solomon understands his path and acts the way he wants, just like what was written in his prophecy.
Old 2014-06-17, 12:55   Link #3183
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

The burn victim look like they came out of a nuclear fallout. I wonder if the author did this on purpose to show how impact it was for Japan? Maybe this is me over thinking. Overall the chapter was sooo depressing. Ugo is going to get some of the blame for this harshly.

I can't wait for the next chapter! How is this going to correlate to Sheba child!!!
Spoiler for theory of mine:
Old 2014-06-17, 13:28   Link #3184
ChampDream
Alive

that was really tragic and sad.
Old 2014-06-17, 19:57   Link #3185
shalala

Soonow we are starting to see why Falan and co betrays Solomon.

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1402965564238.png

http://i.4cdn.org/a/1402967487743.jpg
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 15:58   Link #3186
Kartaen

Such a plot twist in new chapter...
Kartaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 17:06   Link #3187
Awrya
U mad?

Spoiler for 230:
Old 2014-06-21, 03:55   Link #3188
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

i don't think it's gonna be that simple. I still think solomon screw it up by himself alone.
Old 2014-06-21, 04:09   Link #3189
Kartaen

Spoiler for for 230:
Kartaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 08:34   Link #3190
hamazura
whatever

sinbad new chapter is a fricking trailer seriously? -_-
Old 2014-06-22, 12:59   Link #3191
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
sinbad new chapter is a fricking trailer seriously? -_-
Well not really. If I understand it correctly, because Sinbad is a bi-weekly series(new chapters every two weeks) I think the scanlators release the chapters in pieces to give people content every week. That is why each weekly chapter often seems short and cut off at awkward moments. However for he past couple of chapters, they didn't do that; they provided full chapters thus creating the necessarily breaks from week to week. The trailer and last omake were likely tacked on to the last chapter and the scanlators are only releasing them now so that readers get something this week rather than nothing.

Honestly I've been so bored with Solomon's arc that I almost wish Sinbad was the weekly series instead. THAT's the magi story I am most enjoying right now... With solomon, its just a painful wait until we get back to Aladdin.
Old 2014-06-22, 13:23   Link #3192
hamazura
whatever

^
aladdin? who is that? magi adventure of solomon is too damn long i forgetting our original maincast
im okay wth long flashback... but this is just... at least there are gatts in berserk and kuroko in knb super long flashbacks
Old 2014-06-22, 17:50   Link #3193
bakato

Anyone get the feeling David wasn't such a bad guy?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-22, 22:38   Link #3194
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Anyone get the feeling David wasn't such a bad guy?
Me, in his book of prophecy, it was shown clearly that the man holds no hatred no grudge toward anyone or anything. Each and everything he do aren't out of ill intense, but the benevolent desire of creating a true utopia. Someone like that can't possibly be a baddie.
Old 2014-06-23, 00:20   Link #3195
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
^
aladdin? who is that? magi adventure of solomon is too damn long i forgetting our original maincast
im okay wth long flashback... but this is just... at least there are gatts in berserk and kuroko in knb super long flashbacks
This flashback is both too long and too short; its like the uncanny valley of storytelling. Its too short to really get to know the characters well enough to care about them, thus making the arc boring, and the arc is too long because its boring and thus feels like it just drags on and on. This arc either needed to be of epic length so we could get proper characterization and development for the characters, or a lot shorter so that we could get the important info we need and get right back to the main story.

And y'know I thin someof these characters I actually like LESS now... Like Ugo. I liked him so much more back when he was just an overly muscular body sticking out of a flute. Don't care one wit about super genius, geeky ugo. I might have cared if the story took more time him , but the story just rushes along. And Solomon... eh, i feel like the arc added nothing to his character; kinda prefer him back when I knew nothing about him

Can only hope that its almost over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Me, in his book of prophecy, it was shown clearly that the man holds no hatred no grudge toward anyone or anything. Each and everything he do aren't out of ill intense, but the benevolent desire of creating a true utopia. Someone like that can't possibly be a baddie.
Um, no. David is a complete monster. His motives does not absolve him of anything and grant him non evil status. Really real world tryants and dicators could fit in the same category that you would place David; a lot of tyrants tormented their people and others because in some twisted way they thought it would make the world better. In the real world, many of those who engaged in outright genocide did not do it for ill-intent, but because they actually thought that THEY were the monsters and the world would be a better place without them. This twisted logic doesn't make them good people; their actions are far too horrible to excuse.

No good guy would engage in such wanton death and destruction... heck a fine example would be what he did to Setta; even if you except the twisted logic that he felt that he had to kill setta for some "greater good" there is NO REASON at all why he had to basically TORTURE him to death.
Old 2014-06-23, 00:57   Link #3196
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
No good guy would engage in such wanton death and destruction... heck a fine example would be what he did to Setta; even if you except the twisted logic that he felt that he had to kill setta for some "greater good" there is NO REASON at all why he had to basically TORTURE him to death.
Calm down, you can't say it for sure at this point. Just like Aladdin said, it's normal for mortals to not understand higher beings' thought. And David's completely fit into that category. He must did all those things because he felt they're necessary. Maybe to make Solomon and his followers realize something and somehow change their way of thinking to fit into his prophecy, or to lead to the creation of Al Thamel in that world and Alibaba's world... Whatever the reason is, it will be explain later in the story. You just have to wait before passing on judgement.
Old 2014-06-23, 02:27   Link #3197
hamazura
whatever

next chapter is 2 weeks break right? i think we will get full year of solomon adventure...
i imagining when anime season 3 come out, there wont our main cast in the opening song. just solomon and his companion
Old 2014-06-23, 10:50   Link #3198
Key Board
Carbon

David has seen the future, reached the conclusion that he can not change it, and has grown very bitter from it
This offering he made is simply his inner frustration lashing out at the world.

Let's see if Solomon treads the same path
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-23, 13:20   Link #3199
ChampDream
Alive

I guess whatever Solomon do after what David told him is the reason Al-tharmen was created.
Old 2014-06-23, 19:18   Link #3200
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
David has seen the future, reached the conclusion that he can not change it, and has grown very bitter from it
This offering he made is simply his inner frustration lashing out at the world.

Let's see if Solomon treads the same path
Strangely the whole theme of this manga seems to be don't fight...go with the flow and grin and bear it

Normally there would be nothing wrong with this except the portrayal of "fate" is apparently benevolent when it's neither good nor bad.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen