AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-02-18, 20:14   Link #81
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

It's clear by now Wells is Proffesor Zoom, so you think his powers will be based on time control rather than a connection with the speedforce as it was the case in the comics?
Old 2015-02-19, 02:05   Link #82
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
It's clear by now Wells is Proffesor Zoom, so you think his powers will be based on time control rather than a connection with the speedforce as it was the case in the comics?
I think his ability to control time is a direct result of his connection to the Speedforce, much like Barry is trying to do now, or rather his absorbing it since I don't think Wells naturally has access to the Speedforce or super-speed like Barry does. That's why he apparently needed the device he stole, since it's evidently been helping him absorb the Speedforce, and why he can't maintain his powers. I'm betting his endgame is to find some ways to make his powers permanent.
Old 2015-02-19, 17:56   Link #83
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Are you saying that only Barry travelled through time? So what's the scenario here? The younger Wells saw into the future and orchestrated the murder of Barry's mom so that Barry would become the Flash and help fix the problem with his power?
No, I'm thinking that Wells, both the current one and the theoretical "younger" version are from the future.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-19, 21:36   Link #84
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
No, I'm thinking that Wells, both the current one and the theoretical "younger" version are from the future.
I think that would be problematic seeing as how he is a public figure.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 01:36   Link #85
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I think that would be problematic seeing as how he is a public figure.
Yeah, after he founded STAR Labs in the present, though for all we know Wells fostered his present-day identity after he traveled back in time from however long in the future and didn't go back. He's probably been in the present since he first traveled back as Revere-Flash, so all he's probably done since then is build up that identity until he built the Particle Accelerator to give Barry his powers.
Old 2015-02-20, 10:09   Link #86
GDB

And we know from when Joe first started suspecting him that he didn't arrive in town until JUST before (or was it just after) the murder. And he didn't start working on the accelerator, and thus STAR Labs, until after he moved to town.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-20, 13:31   Link #87
monster

He may be new in town, but he must have some identity before then. His education, past work as a scientist, etc. Why would the other people work for him if he's just an unknown in the scientific world?
Old 2015-02-20, 14:59   Link #88
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Time traveler from the future = Guy capable of establishing a false identity and run with it? I mean, people can buy time travel but cannot overlook little things like this
Old 2015-02-20, 15:11   Link #89
monster

Quote:
Time traveler from the future = Guy capable of establishing a false identity and run with it? I mean, people can buy time travel but cannot overlook little things like this
Time travel is a matter of the nature of the physical world. It may be possible or it may not. The average people probably don't have a good reason to dispute its presentation. Creating a false public identity, especially one that deals with the academia, is a matter of human society. So unless their society is vastly different than ours (read: more incompetent), then it's easier to find more problem with it than with time travel.

Anyway, if this Wells is from the future, then I wonder where the future Barry is. Is he dead or restrained somewhere such that he would allow Wells to publicly influence the timeline with his presence?
Old 2015-03-11, 12:37   Link #90
Galaxian

New trailer for the return next week...

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I love Cisco "meta" jokes.
Old 2015-03-11, 15:21   Link #91
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And the Trickster (Joker) is back.
Old 2015-03-11, 15:44   Link #92
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Was Barry running alongside future Barry on that trailer?
Old 2015-03-11, 15:54   Link #93
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Was Barry running alongside future Barry on that trailer?
Supposedly, given the time travel he's talking about at that moment of the trailer, yes.
Old 2015-03-12, 11:26   Link #94
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So if Wells wasn't the Reverse-Flash who murdered Barry's mother, who was it?
Spoiler for My guess:
Old 2015-03-16, 17:00   Link #95
Frontier

Old 2015-03-16, 17:22   Link #96
GDB

Well, that was intense looking.
Old 2015-03-16, 17:36   Link #97
Wandering Soul

That rose my hype levels. Captain Cold apparently figures out Barry's secret and Gorilla Grodd soon look likes he will take the stage.

Looks like they are going to have another crossover with Arrow with Felecity, Laurel, and Ray as the Atom helping out. I highly doubted General Eiling was dead so it's no surprise he is still alive but it looks like he is a meta human now.

Finally Eddie also seems to be starting his transformation into a villain. About Well's last words there might be a twist concerning them since Wells spent this entire season trying to nurture Barry so it seems a bit weird if he then decided to kill Barry unless he doesn't need him anymore.
Old 2015-03-17, 05:35   Link #98
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Good god, crossovers everywhere. Even Lance shows up.

Given that it looks like Ray is turning on the Arrow over in that series, I'm not particularly hyped over him showing up to help the Flash. Hopefully though his opposing Oliver is just a one-episode misunderstanding thing. Lance unfortunately eats a bit of anti-hype too because of his turning on the Arrow and even turning his gun on his own daughter. Hopefully that's also a one-episode thing.

Anyway, things are heating up now that we're making our approach on the season finale. Punching Barry over Iris I get, but shooting two cops in cold blood? There's definitely something else going on there.
But isn't Wells being found out tomorrow? That's what they've been advertising for the past several weeks, anyway. So why is he still with the team and in the wheelchair whern Ray comes by?
Old 2015-03-17, 08:25   Link #99
GDB

Easy way to avoid that anti-hype: not watching Arrow.

As for Wells, it's likely that Barry doesn't know yet and they're trying to figure out whether/when/how to tell him. Or they're being threatened.

*edit*

Well, new episode answered that and more. Holy crap.

Spoiler:

Last edited by GDB; 2015-03-17 at 20:02.
Old 2015-03-17, 20:01   Link #100
Galaxian

Wow... Just wow... Big epsiode... Kind of...

Tags
the cw, the flash, time travel