AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-04-18, 00:57   Link #38021
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andarkoshi View Post
True but I'm bending the canon a bit. Shirou have essentially lived his entire life with Avalon, he can perfectly recreate it and by now quite easily control and feed it his own prana. It won't be as effective as with Saber around but he can get around 70% efficiency out of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filraen View Post
In that case I probably won't read it, good to know.
lol and that's why Nasuverse is hard and as straight as an arrow...
Old 2013-04-18, 03:10   Link #38022
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filraen View Post
In that case I probably won't read it, good to know.

How did Precia keep Alicia and Fate's custody, anyway?
[laughs] Oh but why XD

She didn't, Shirou did. He struck a deal with TSAB, custody of Precia, Fate and Alicia in exchange for information he had on many MANY criminal organizations... he probably had some blackmail material on TSAB as well.

Tiresias

I doubt it, I seem to remember that TSAB keeps the background of the rehabilitated criminals a secret to avoid causing them problems. I might have misremembered it though...

bhl88

Seriously XD People seem to have a problem with the fact that I had Shirou tweak Avalon a bit. Shirou who can recreate, manipulate and modify legendary weapons of immense power. He can even recreate the Abilities and Stats of the wielder.

I really hate rules...
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 03:30   Link #38023
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Because having Shirou being able to better use Abalone without Seiba around is like saying he can Trace Ea. That's not "a bit" at all.
Old 2013-04-18, 03:36   Link #38024
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Because having Shirou being able to better use Abalone without Seiba around is like saying he can Trace Ea. That's not "a bit" at all.
He is not using it Better without Saber. As I said he can get around 70% maybe 60% efficiency out of it, while with Saber around it was 100%.

Besides Avalon still worked for him even without Saber. It saved his life when Lancer stabbed him and then healed him when Rin provided it with power.

After living for most of his life with that thing stuck in him he understands how it works and understands it's quirks. And if he traces it he can slightly alter it to accept his own prana naturally. Remember, he is so close to Avalon that he can PERFECTLY recreate it, something he can't do for any other of his noble phantasms.
Old 2013-04-18, 03:44   Link #38025
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
He is not using it Better without Saber. As I said he can get around 70% maybe 60% efficiency out of it, while with Saber around it was 100%.
Problem is, canon Shirou had never been able to reach this number, not even close. If you're putting 5% I might be able to stretch my disbelief a bit, but half-power Abalone is just silly. Not even Archer could do that, and skillwise he's basically Shirou that had reached the ceiling of his potential. There's a reason he had to settle with a lot of dodging, a dash of hiding and sniping, and Rho Aias for emergency.
Old 2013-04-18, 03:48   Link #38026
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Problem is, canon Shirou had never been able to reach this number, not even close. If you're putting 5% I might be able to stretch my disbelief a bit, but half-power Abalone is just silly. Not even Archer could do that, and skillwise he's basically Shirou that had reached the ceiling of his potential. There's a reason he had to settle with a lot of dodging, a dash of hiding and sniping, and Rho Aias for emergency.
Well this Shirou is older than Archer was when he died and he did have the advantage of fighting and absorbing some of Archer's knowledge thanks to being UBW route...

Mhm so essentially I have to limit the amount of power Shirou can get out of Avalon. While some wound with Saber around would take an hour to heal, with just him it would be 10 hours. This would also mean that he'd need prolonged periods of feeding his prana to Avalon so that he can heal Precia and Alicia.

Is that satisfactory?

You see I don't want to argue for the sake of arguing I want to IMPROVE the story and I can't do that if all you do is say "This is silly". Help me out here for Root's sake!
Old 2013-04-18, 03:58   Link #38027
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
This would also mean that he'd need prolonged periods of feeding his prana to Avalon so that he can heal Precia and Alicia.
...oh, so this is what it's about. Bah, slipped my mind.

Unfortunately, I don't think Saiba-less Abalone would do any good. Without her, we've only ever heard it healing minor injuries, something that Mid-style healing magic could do just fine. Meanwhile, Alicia was considered a lost case by every medical expert in the Bureau.

If anything, it is Touko that would be able to help the Testarossa's.
Old 2013-04-18, 04:01   Link #38028
Andarkoshi

Quote:
...oh, so this is what it's about. Bah, slipped my mind.

Unfortunately, I don't think Saiba-less Abalone would do any good. Without her, we've only ever heard it healing minor injuries, something that Mid-style healing magic could do just fine. Meanwhile, Alicia was considered a lost case by every medical expert in the Bureau.

If anything, it is Touko that would be able to help the Testarossa's.
[rolls his eyes]

Well there is no Touko around since this is Nano rather than Nasu.

Any other ideas?

Well I might just roll with modified Avalon. Takes Shirous prana, can heal some serious stuff but does it very slowly because of low efficiency.

Healing Alicia and Precia are KEY points in my story so I can't really abandon them for the sake of technicality.

[laughs] Unless I go with that completely crack idea of Caro summoning Saber because she is kinda-sorta a Dragon XD
Old 2013-04-18, 04:50   Link #38029
vic-vic

2Andarkoshi

Well, how about to swith Shiro's role for Kiritsugu. I think you could state that, during his years as mage-hunter managed to get a powerfull artefact, which managed to help Precia and Alicia.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 04:54   Link #38030
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
2Andarkoshi

Well, how about to swith Shiro's role for Kiritsugu. I think you could state that, during his years as mage-hunter managed to get a powerfull artefact, which managed to help Precia and Alicia.
You mean drop Kiritsugu into the story instead of Shirou? Naah, besides you don't really get any more powerful healing stuff than Avalon. It would also require a LOT of reworking in the story. By now Shirou is very firmly worked into my universe and replacing him with Kiritsugu would make a horrible mess of things.

[grins] And it would rob me of the fun of

"Shirou"

"Which one?"

Shirou Takamachi and Shirou Testarossa asked in unison.
Old 2013-04-18, 05:08   Link #38031
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

*sigh* I'll just leave this here. Of course, whether it will be followed or not is up to the author, but I think I already said enough about the subject.

Quote:
Fate/complete material III World Material - Q: Archer's greatest defense is "Rho Aias", but if he were the same person as Shirou, shouldn't his greatest protection be "Avalon"? In the Rin route, Archer knew that the holy sword's sheath was inside Shirou, so wouldn't the Heroic Spirit form of the Shirou that "knew" that the sheath was merged with him be Archer?
A: Avalon’s power won't work if Saber's not connected to it. It's a different story during the Grail War, but all it does when Saber isn't around is make Shirou's magic attribute into "sword". Also, after the Grail War is taken apart, the line between him and her will be gone, so it's best to think that his image of "Avalon" also disappeared.
Old 2013-04-18, 05:10   Link #38032
Andarkoshi

Quote:
*sigh* I'll just leave this here. Of course, whether it will be followed or not is up to the author, but I think I already said enough about the subject.
I know I read that bit. The only issue I have is HOW to fix Alicia and Precia? If you can give me a good solution that is within Shirou's capabilities I'll take it.

If not, then sorry but I'll have to stick with what I have and let all rage be damned.
Old 2013-04-18, 05:14   Link #38033
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
...do random citizens and mooks even know the true nature of the Wolkenritter?
Inspired by "Life after Hayate", I imagine that depending on the planet, people may have some legends of the Wolekritter's deeds, picturing them as terrible monsters and murder machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
lol and that's why Nasuverse is hard and as straight as an arrow...
I'd think he Nasuverse stuff isn't the main reason now but seeing how Precia ended in the story: from these few posts I got she actually had the perect win.

For me, the anime ending is on the top three as the best ending out there for Precia with Blood that Flows and the pony crossover Magical Pony Lyrical Twilight...

Spoiler for Ending:
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 05:23   Link #38034
Andarkoshi

Quote:
I'd think he Nasuverse stuff isn't the main reason now but seeing how Precia ended in the story: from these few posts I got she actually had the perect win.
Perfect win... heh after she grew more rational, plagued by guilt, nightmares, self-hatred, other people hating her guts. Alicia asking why they can't live with "Onee-chan" repeatedly until Precia finally lost patience and almost hit her. The look of fear in Alicia's eyes really hit Precia hard.

It's not Precia's Perfect Win but Fate's.
Old 2013-04-18, 05:54   Link #38035
vic-vic

Shame that Material don\t spent too much time with their famlies. I can imagine Stern and Nanoha sleeping in one bad, hugging each other protectingly.

Or Yuuno...

P.S. Though Levi, Alicia, Fate and Precia daily life as family would be very cute and funny at the same time IMHO.
Old 2013-04-18, 06:00   Link #38036
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Shame that Material don\t spent too much time with their famlies. I can imagine Stern and Nanoha sleeping in one bad, hugging each other protectingly.
Fufufu add Suzuka to the mix if they are visiting Tsukimura mansion [smiles enigmatically]

Quote:
Or Yuuno...

P.S. Though Levi, Alicia, Fate and Precia daily life as family would be very cute and funny at the same time IMHO.
Poor Ferret guy XD He is so going on a Double Date with Double Nano.

I feel sorry for Fate, she is the official Onee-chan in the family while Levi and Alicia constantly fight over her attention.
Old 2013-04-18, 06:11   Link #38037
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
I know I read that bit. The only issue I have is HOW to fix Alicia and Precia? If you can give me a good solution that is within Shirou's capabilities I'll take it.

If not, then sorry but I'll have to stick with what I have and let all rage be damned.
And my question is: Why does it have to be Shirou? He can just ask Zelretch/Touko for a favor, which lead to him being away to complete said favor.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 06:15   Link #38038
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
And my question is: Why does it have to be Shirou? He can just ask Zelretch/Touko for a favor, which lead to him being away to complete said favor.
Because I like Shirou and wanted him in the story, what other reason is there in writing fanfiction? Besides do you really want Zelretch to get involved... again. That Zelretch Did It got a bit old...
Old 2013-04-18, 06:16   Link #38039
vic-vic

Well, there is a pucture where he got pamperd in bed by Double Nano.
Can you imagine Yuuno/Shtern/Nanoha babies or wedding (hope it wouldn't be shotgun one ).

Still, I admit that seeing Shiro going on Man of Steel rote is saddening. After all he not only betray his ideals, but he commit same mistake as Kiritsugu: Fate/Zero show us how bad any attempt to pull out Punisher would end. Heck, aren't Archer's fate is wonderful dispaly of this.

Though, I barely have any right to disagree with your idea of giving Nano characters a complicated relationship in family.

Since in my own crossover...

Spoiler for GotB spoiler:
Old 2013-04-18, 06:19   Link #38040
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Because I like Shirou and wanted him in the story, what other reason is there in writing fanfiction? Besides do you really want Zelretch to get involved... again. That Zelretch Did It got a bit old...
Yeah, and Shirou Saves The Girl also is. Look, you know that I like Shirou too, considering I was in the EC back in it glory days. But this and that are different. There's a limit to how much he can do you know.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha