AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-08-22, 13:19   Link #761
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wait. If Arthas is going after Darnassus and Orgimmar, which or both on the same continent (roughly), then he must be after something. (Aside from giving the orcs and night elves a reason to go after the Scourge at all) A demon relic (or remains)? An attempt at the remains of the World Tree? A favor for Deathwing? Could we see a Mt. Hyjal major patch at say 3.4? (Like Sumwell was) Or something to do with Uldam? (like some of the instance patches)

We may never know...or it may take a few years to get the stories out.
Old 2008-08-22, 13:53   Link #762
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Maybe he wants to - you guessed it - Take over the world. (OF COURSE!!)
<NC reference>

Last edited by Solais; 2008-08-22 at 17:07.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 23:44   Link #763
Jaden

So anyone in beta? I got a key for EU beta, but the only server is usually pretty crowded and hardly ever up to begin with. And the builds that do get hosted are still pretty damn buggy.

It's a well known thing though that other countries' betas are just for show and the real testing is being done in the US, so how does it look over there?
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 00:22   Link #764
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I've access to the beta (US), on the PvP server though. Interesting experience that (never played on a PvP realm before), ret-paladins are out attempting to make up for the last 4 years of tears... Its buggy, its a beta, so its going to be buggy that's expected. But still it is slightly annoying when they do a Beta push but don't put all the changes they are working on in, leaving some abilities half finished or flat out left out. That's my only gripe though.

Other then that its all systems go, plenty bugs to test, suggestions to make, and feedback to give. Outland is pretty quite for DK's once they get past the gank-fest of Hellfire, I've had a few skirmishes and had my ass handed to me on most of them, but still its similar to Live. Northrend is crowded, sooo sooo many people. But despite any fighting that might break out (or Ret Paladins solo'n towns >.>) people seem more interested in testing the content which, I have to say is exemplar. Still many bugs and crashes though. I just wish they had gotten all the Unholy changes in this patch /sigh.
Old 2008-08-23, 08:24   Link #765
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Wait. If Arthas is going after Darnassus and Orgimmar, which or both on the same continent (roughly), then he must be after something. (Aside from giving the orcs and night elves a reason to go after the Scourge at all) A demon relic (or remains)? An attempt at the remains of the World Tree? A favor for Deathwing? Could we see a Mt. Hyjal major patch at say 3.4? (Like Sumwell was) Or something to do with Uldam? (like some of the instance patches)

We may never know...or it may take a few years to get the stories out.
There are 8 warcraft books in development right now. They got major plans to brand the hell out of this franchise. Basically they can make any kind of expansion they want.
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 18:56   Link #766
Mr Hat and Clogs

For those not in the beta but would like to see some fun screenies, I give you...

Spoiler for ...Many Pictures:

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2008-08-28 at 20:33.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 19:36   Link #767
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Nice screens Hat and Clogs. DK and ret pallies are looking pretty overpowered...hopefully they don't get nerfed too much . Would like to get a beta key to mess around but I'm pretty content atm taking a break from the game. I'll definitely pop back in during WotLK to try out DK.
Old 2008-08-28, 19:45   Link #768
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I want to get in that beta so bad... ._.
But I would need to like call Blizzard and get my email changed. And that sounds like too much effort if I didn't get a beta access... That might motivate me to play again

That or if people actually RP'd on RPPvP servers instead of just random idiots...
Old 2008-08-28, 19:47   Link #769
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Talk about high over Halaa....
Old 2008-08-28, 19:52   Link #770
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Those are some awesome screenies @_@
I must find someone who has beta access and torture them into giving me their account

It's the only way!
Old 2008-08-29, 04:12   Link #771
rainbow_rena
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Those are some awesome screenies @_@
I must find someone who has beta access and torture them into giving me their account

It's the only way!
what he/she said^
Old 2008-08-29, 17:06   Link #772
Xacual

Looking at the new buff / debuff changes, I find from a raid stand point I'm happy that I won't have to worry about a certain buff or debuff that is vital to raid success missing. On the other hand though making 2-3 classes all share buffs that were once unique to a class / spec, makes me feel disappointed. I think trying to balance buffs / debuffs was a desperate need, but I think the way they are choosing to do it is going to hurt my enjoyment of the game a bit.

Spoiler for The post about the changes.:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 20:14   Link #773
Mr Hat and Clogs

I think it was a pretty good change TBH. It does have its downsides and it does suck because it removes that little bit of individuality each class had. However it does let us let us take people because we like them, rather then just stacking 5 Resto Shaman to Chain Heal to victory.

I know it'll be different for a lot of guilds, but the long and short of it is, with our guild if you aren't a retard you'll get a raid spot in wotlk. Unless you are Captain Fail, you shouldn't really have anything to worry about. The change *might* affect the top 1% of guilds who like to min/max out the ass, but we're not in that bracket (at least not for TBC), we're about 2-4 months behind the bleeding edge on average.

Personally I think stacking of 5 shaman to heal, or 4 warlocks to blast things into oblivion etc is pretty fail. You should be able to just succeed with your normal group of people rather then having to inflate a particular classes roster. However come wotlk, and that is your normal roster, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to succeed with that. As long as you meet a sensible balance between Tanks/Healers/DPS you should be in the green regardless of class.

Although I'm a little iffy with how many buffs Shaman share with Death Knights, I like them to share them among other classes. IE, trade them the warrior 5% crit for the DK's 10% AP, but leave the DK with 20% haste and str/agi buff. The Heroism change is mildly annoying though, but ultimately good I guess.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2008-08-29 at 20:27.
Old 2008-08-29, 21:19   Link #774
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hmm. That will change the entire (current) operational stance of the warlock to s.priest ratio. If ISB is self only...and damage amount does nothing for mana regen...then the whole Shadow/Fire debate takes a different course.

I sense many debates on the forums both before and after release date.
Old 2008-08-30, 01:30   Link #775
Xacual

The thing about stacking though is if you can have 8 people provide all the necesary buff / debuff, and then fill the rest of the raid with the current best dps, best healer classes, why wouldn't you? If mages end up being top dps, raids will just end up with 6 mages instead of rogues and warlocks. I just think that if they would have put more time into it they could have come up with a better solution.

Of course not saying mages will be the best dps at 80, I really don't know, just that a raid will make sure they get all the buffs / debuffs they want then go for whatever is the best or FoTM class for the other slots.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 03:49   Link #776
Mr Hat and Clogs

Although, according to Blizzard, even DPS classes won't have a huge clear cut advantage over those 'buffing' classes. GC said something along the lines of at most there will only be a few % difference that will only matter to the top 1% of guilds, and then said something about giving rogues a raid buff that will count as utility, to make up for the 'loss of dps'. So you could stack, but, it won't matter really to you unless you are like Nihillium or SK-Gaming or whatever.

Some might find that boring, but hey, if it lets people play the class they like and bosses are still dieing... what-me-worry.

I don't mean to offend anyone with this, since I've been guilty of it to. At times I think people in this game become too focused on topping charts rather then just.. playing to have fun and kill stuff. Don't get me wrong I like to know the numbers behind my skills and abilities as much as the next person and I will come with consumables and whatnot that's needed, but I think that there comes a point where min/maxing becomes excessively redundant and cuts into valuable boss killing time.

An example being Brutallus, its a straightforward but intense DPS fight. You don't need to Min/Max that class wise to much to be able to succeed. Bring Mages, or Rogues, Hunters, or Warlocks or even a Ret-Paladin and you'll succeed. hell we've done it as melee heavy, caster heavy and balanced between the two. 16 DPS 7 healers 2 tanks and a f'kton of consumables. (not the greatest example but first one that springs to mind)

I think Blizzards goal is to reduce the need for that excessive min/maxing, and just let people play with what they have.

I think the change is good and has potential, IF they can balance it. And of that, I have my doubts.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2008-08-30 at 04:06.
Old 2008-08-30, 06:07   Link #777
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

New titles incoming.
Spoiler:

Needless to say i'm pissed. I know i won't get any of said "first" titles. Not because i'm not good enough. Not because i'm not devoted enough. But because i don't have enough time; i'll never have a chance from the very beginning. It's so hard to stand out a bit in this game, since eveything looks the same. And IF there's something that makes you stand out, it's something only few will ever achieve, simply because they have no whole guild stuffing it up their ass. Yes, i'm waving at you Scarab Lord 'n company.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 06:17   Link #778
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Hero of Northrend - First player on the realm to gain exalted reputation with the Argent Crusade, Wyrmrest Accord, Kirin Tor and Knights of the Ebon Blade.
Wait, either that means only Death Knights can get this title, or non-deathknights can be buddies with the Death Knight faction... Which feels abit weird
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 07:24   Link #779
Mr Hat and Clogs

Mmmmm don't really like the 'of the Ebon Blade' title...

TBH I'd have preferred if they had done a prefix for it like the other races, for a Server First like 'Highlord' for example although that one doesn't quite fit. But give suffix titles like "Of the Ebon Blade for those that reach 80 on their Death Knight and have similar for other classes.
Old 2008-08-31, 12:35   Link #780
Ending

Ya, the "first only" -titles blow. They sound pretty neat and I would like to get the "prophet" one for my priest, but the fact that you have to skip the journey and go straight to the goal is mind-numbing. My realm isn't one of the most active ones, so I might have good chances, but I really dislike the idea of missing out the "first looks" of the expansion when everything is still new.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows