AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-09, 00:33   Link #161
Random Wanderer

Well, that was full of hijinks and a prankful ghost. I find myself suspicious that that might not be the true mood of the series.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 00:42   Link #162
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The preview is, by the way, illustrated by Pani Poni Dash's Hekiru Hikawa.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 00:50   Link #163
GundamZZ
残念美人

I can already see the sad ending.
Don't tell me it's just pure friendship.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 01:14   Link #164
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Don't know how to describe it but I don't hate it... I realize it's not adapting the manga to a tee but I like the mood they have established.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering_Youth View Post
Instead of a rich and naive zombie girl, we get a mischievous, energetic and playful ghost girl.
What is this other anime you speak of?
Old 2012-04-09, 01:16   Link #165
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ It's Sankarea...coincidentally she also bears a slight resemblance to Yuuko-san.
Old 2012-04-09, 01:27   Link #166
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
^ It's Sankarea...coincidentally she also bears a slight resemblance to Yuuko-san.
Not to mention, ironically, are 2 of the 3 "Undead Big Three", and have animes in the same season no less.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 01:35   Link #167
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

That felt very "episode zero-ish". It does nail most of the key elements to the story, but there's no context so everything feels like it just jumps around. Not exactly the best way to start a series, but then again when I think about it, the beginning of the manga was pretty low key as well.

The animation here was average for the most part, with some standouts (I liked the bit toward the end), however the art direction nails the look of the characters and the backgrounds are really detailed. The music was nice, and the ending song was catchy. I also liked some of the foreshadowing. If they do it right, it will definitely give some viewers the creeps.

This was one of the titles I was looking forward to the most this season, and while I wasn't wowed, I wasn't disappointed either. Definitely looking forward to more.
Old 2012-04-09, 01:36   Link #168
Random Wanderer

Not a fan of zombies. Ghosts are more interesting.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 01:47   Link #169
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Oh that. Not to be rude to the fans, but that's a manga I have read and then later dropped. It was just too boring to me.

And Yuuko is a lot more attractive to me. I would even put Yuuko > Senjou, character and beauty-wise.
Old 2012-04-09, 02:12   Link #170
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

@Mizuno and Sankarea: Well, Sankarea has issues with how the plot moves, especially with it and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia as monthly manga series.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2012-04-09, 05:29   Link #171
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

It seems they already deviated from the start by making Kirie appear much earlier than she did in the source. While it does the job of showing all the mains early on, I don't think it's worth the cost of deviating from the source. Not really a good sign.

Their approach of showing the same scene twice, first without Yuuko visible, and later with Yuuko visible was unexpected, but I don't expect it again in the next episodes. I'm aware the point was simply to establish her as a ghost only visible to certain persons, but it took up so much of the episode...

Anyway, at least there's still the pleasure of finally seeing one of my favorite manga and Yuuko herself animated. And hearing more of Kirie just because I'm a huge fan of her VA, even though she wasn't supposed to appear this early. I also liked how the atmosphere of the comical scenes in the manga was preserved. The animation quality was mostly a bit underwhelming, but not that much of a problem for me.
Old 2012-04-09, 05:54   Link #172
Cadallin

Unlike a number of posters, my read of the source material is very different, and I was quite afraid the anime (based on the previews) might end up looking like their expectations.

I was MUCH happier with how this turned out Not perfect. But good, and I enjoyed it. This is only a 1 cour show and while they probably could do a reasonably direct adaptation of the manga (perhaps, if its ending soon, which isn't at all clear) they'd have to drop some of the problem solving arcs to fit into 12 episodes; which i wouldn't mind, they were "filler" for me, but I suspect not for most posters. It would probably spark a lot of rage on forums.

Spoiler for On Rosario:

I'm anxiously awaiting next week.
Cadallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 05:55   Link #173
Kyouka
Is Here

gawd by the comments the anime sure messed up the plot/story but who likes this series for that its all about the sexy ghost duhhhh
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 06:04   Link #174
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
I can already see the sad ending.
Don't tell me it's just pure friendship.
It's just the first episode. No need to rush things I bet we'll come to that eventually since this is a 12 episode series.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 06:05   Link #175
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

This further proves my theory that awesome anime girls must have purple hair.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 06:47   Link #176
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
gawd by the comments the anime sure messed up the plot/story but who likes this series for that its all about the sexy ghost duhhhh
Such a trollish remark. So you already judged the anime without even watching it. Goes to show you know nothing and base your opinion solely on what others say. And FYI they didn't mess up the story, at least not yet. Silver Link just decided to have the first episode several chapters ahead to get the audience acquainted with the main cast. The second episode is the when the story really begins. As for your criticism who likes to see a sexy anime ghost, you obviously haven't been reading much anime forums or even 4chan much have you.There are tons of fans of the manga and looking forward to the anime.

Last edited by bumbayker; 2012-04-09 at 06:57.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 07:09   Link #177
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Jesus Christ. I came into this series expecting a horror/mystery along the lines of Shiki, Another, Ghost Hunt and instead I got dumb moe comedy shenanigans. Good grief.

I donno if it's a source problem or just Shin Oonuma failing again (I'ma say half and half) but sigh Silver Link. I'll give Silver Link one more chance when Kokoro Connect airs next season. At least that is a reasonable source so Silver Link/Oonuma has no excuse on that. If they fail on that... gg - Silver Link is worse than Deen in that case. Seriously how far has this guy fallen since his peak days of ef tale of memories/melodies. Last thing decently directed by him was Natsu no Arashi which wasn't exactly fantastic either but at least it was watchable.

I know this show isn't for me so, dropped and see ya next season.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 07:25   Link #178
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Jesus Christ. I came into this series expecting a horror/mystery along the lines of Shiki, Another, Ghost Hunt and instead I got dumb moe comedy shenanigans. Good grief.
Thanks for your comment, that's what i was thinking too, so now i know i can skip this.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 07:34   Link #179
HasuMasu
*Artist

How presumptuous, while I wouldn't call this Shiki or Another--it is indeed far from what has been described by the Soda-man.
Old 2012-04-09, 07:35   Link #180
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And here we go with the "first episode represents the entire series" mentality. >_>

Shiki? Another? Ghost Hunt? Stupid tags. I regard Tasogare Otome x Amnesia as supernatural, and that comes from someone who doesn't watch anime because of similar genres or another anime's success.

Tags
horror, romance, shounen, slice-of-unlife, supernatural