AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode(s) 25/26 Rating
Perfect 10 106 38.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 70 25.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 13.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 31 11.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 4.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 1.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.44%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 3.60%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-29, 15:35   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

[Mai Otome] Episode 25/26 Discussion/Poll

Welcome to this week's Episode(s) of Mai-Otome.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep Manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Be aware that due to the very nature of these threads, current episode content will be discussed without the use of Spoiler tags. Also, since these threads go up early, unrestrained speculation about the upcoming episode will be knee-deep. If you haven't seen the Episode, I would advise you not to click into the thread prior to the Fan-sub release, or don't complain if you're spoiled.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=My Otome]Nina is pregnant.[/spoiler]

....will get you this...
Spoiler for My Otome:
Old 2006-03-29, 15:46   Link #2
xat
*Fansubber

It's coming~

A general forenotice, I'm anticipating SS to add some kind of feature on the real life parallels to the end of their release as they did with HiME. Doremi probably will not--I myself am anticipating SS's specifically for said extra, but if you've been following discussions here, the information shouldn't be too new ; we'll have some fun extras you can get seperately (since a dual release is also inherently larger, we won't subject people into being forced to download extras they may not want) so whichever group you decide to opt for, the extras can come in an entirely seperate package.

As for the episodes themselves, I'm looking forward to some Mai action. I hope they don't limit her battle time to that one scene in the OP!
Old 2006-03-29, 15:55   Link #3
friendshipz
lilian gakuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Spoiler for My Otome:
yah right...>_>"

finally from dec till now , been 4 long months ..and here comes the final showdown!.

prediction, assumption,speculation etc etc , lets utter out all them out

dark lady=unknown
chie motive =for guarderode and for aoi
arika= power boosted 1000%..
nina=lost virgin at 14 yrs old
sergei=the back stage man who cause chaos.
nagi=diabolical brat
smith=dead?
ertsin=hopefully resurrect
tomoe=terrible death but later resurrect/ or MH shiho version, pretending nothing has happen
natsuki=finally she kick some ass and save her wife..
shizuru=finally saved by her husband....
guarderode pillars= kick some ass
obsidian cursed gem=all been destory and vanished
rena= corpse been placed at windbloom back yard.
midori= curse being cure and start her new live from 17 yr old/ or cell germinating rapidlly and become more mature appearance
cyborgs=body recoverd/ or when away to far places and left midori
part 1 of my doubts/spec/predic/presume/assume/etc
Old 2006-03-29, 15:56   Link #4
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'll be expecting for a change....
Spoiler:

But, I do agree that the producers cannot cram up the climax within bug chunks of plotline for the last two episodes. Luckily, the OVA's will carry on where the TV series leaves off.
Old 2006-03-29, 15:57   Link #5
ArchDragon
The Ultimate Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xat
It's coming~

A general forenotice, I'm anticipating SS to add some kind of feature on the real life parallels to the end of their release as they did with HiME. Doremi probably will not--I myself am anticipating SS's specifically for said extra, but if you've been following discussions here, the information shouldn't be too new ; we'll have some fun extras you can get seperately (since a dual release is also inherently larger, we won't subject people into being forced to download extras they may not want) so whichever group you decide to opt for, the extras can come in an entirely seperate package.

As for the episodes themselves, I'm looking forward to some Mai action. I hope they don't limit her battle time to that one scene in the OP!
If the rumored joint between SS and Doremi is true, then those lovely extras will most likely be added on the 4th OVA.

At any rate, I'm glad that ep. 26 will not be the last.
There are still too many loose ends to be tied, 2 eps. simply won't do them justice.
Old 2006-03-29, 15:59   Link #6
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon
At any rate, I'm glad that ep. 26 will not be the last.
There are still too many loose ends to be tied, 2 eps. simply won't do them justice.
Wait, what? Now I'm confused.
Old 2006-03-29, 16:14   Link #7
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
See this thread for more info.

-> Mai Otome OVA?!?
Old 2006-03-29, 16:23   Link #8
ox2
~Deviant-OneV2.0~

Send a message via AIM to ox2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Spoiler for My Otome:
god...no..please..no not that...that would be just weird i can imagine that conversation

nina: father dear, i'm pregnant with your child
Sergay: really wow, thats wonderful, i'd never think my first blood child would also be my grand-daughter...

now that just wrong.
Old 2006-03-29, 16:26   Link #9
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert
People are speculating OVA's are coming. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but we'll know in a day

Assuming there isn't any OVA's coming out, here are my predictions / hopes:

Haruka and assorted Otome face down against an enormous army of assorted Otome, Valkyries, Slaves and conventional forces. A massive, inconclusive battle occurs. Mai, Mikoto and Miyu arrive, bringing their superweapon, which could take any number of forms (possibilities include: Kagutsuchiki, Miroku, Artemis, or something else entirely). Nagi counterattacks with the Harmonium, summoning an enraged Nina to the front lines, where she proceeds to kill everyone. Arika and Nina face off, yelling about the idologies of the series ('Follow your dream no matter what' versus 'All for Sergey's sake'). Nina realizes what she's doing, and decides to sacrifice herself, allows Arika to land a killing blow, and dies. Much Arika angst ensues.

Midori and her sentai, assisted by Mashiro and whatever loyalist soldiers she convinces to rejoin her, storm Garderobe under the confusion of the invasion. They steal whatever of Garderobe's technology Midori wanted, then reboot Fumi. Natsuki materalizes, leading the final charge. She and the remaining coalition forces break through Artai's lines and head for the Harmonium. Natsuki or Shizuru kill Tomoe, and ShizNat ensues. Arika or Midori face off against Nagi, slaying him, and then Arika and Mashiro use the Harmonium to reset the world, ressurecting Sergey, Nina and Erstin.

Now... if there are OVA's coming out, I'd suspect that Sunrise follows a much darker path. I'd expect either Shizuru or Natsuki to die at Tomoe's hand, and an ultimate Nagi victory. Beyond that, I'm not sure what to expect. Whether they go with a cheerful ending or a crushingly depressing cliffhanger, I'll be happy either way, so long as its well written.

Mai Otome, while far from perfect, is one of the better series I've seen in a long time. This finale could shove it up to 'spectacular', or could send it down to the 'mediocre'. I'm looking forward to it
Old 2006-03-29, 16:31   Link #10
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
My Prediliction... A Real Battle between Rena and Arika, Maybe... Imagine that Arika beat Rena and for this, she awakes her final power of destruction that Smith talking about... A Deception because of a Happy End and because they made OAV...
Old 2006-03-29, 16:36   Link #11
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

After actually going in and reading the OVA thread, it seems fairly well confirmed. So unless the OVA are flashbacks and side stories, the series won't end here, which makes my predictions impossible. Oh well.
Old 2006-03-29, 17:26   Link #12
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Now... if there are OVA's coming out, I'd suspect that Sunrise follows a much darker path. I'd expect either Shizuru or Natsuki to die at Tomoe's hand, and an ultimate Nagi victory.
Nah, that would be too good to be true.

My prediction - Haruka and gang fight for a while against Nina and co. Just when they are on the brink of defeat, Ninia's stregth disappears (either because of the sexual adventures in ep.24 or because Arika arrives and convinces Nina to stop). Tomoe ges mad, attacks someone and gets killed. Nagi uses his big cannon as last resort, makes some serious damage, maybe even kills someone from the good guys (probably someone who was introduced in episode 24 i.e. Sara Galagher ). In the confusion a new army of Slaves attacks Nagi's enemies but are beaten in the nick of time by Natsuki and Nao. At that time Midori and co have infiltrated Garderobe looking for John Smith and useful data. They come across Nagi and kill him. Miyu arrives and shows the ultimate plot devices which is a teleporting-time-switching universes machine which sends them to the world of MH in which they meet the MH cast. The end...The actual meeting is shown in the OVA.

P.S. I can't believe the ending can be any sillier than what I just suggested but you never know with this series.

Old 2006-03-29, 17:35   Link #13
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
I can only hope you'll be pleasently suprised.
Old 2006-03-29, 17:36   Link #14
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim

My prediction - Haruka and gang fight for a while against Nina and co. Just when they are on the brink of defeat, Ninia's stregth disappears (either because of the sexual adventures in ep.24 or because Arika arrives and convinces Nina to stop). Tomoe ges mad, attacks someone and gets killed. Nagi uses his big cannon as last resort, makes some serious damage, maybe even kills someone from the good guys (probably someone who was introduced in episode 24 i.e. Sara Galagher ). In the confusion a new army of Slaves attacks Nagi's enemies but are beaten in the nick of time by Natsuki and Nao. At that time Midori and co have infiltrated Garderobe looking for John Smith and useful data. They come across Nagi and kill him. Miyu arrives and shows the ultimate plot devices which is a teleporting-time-switching universes machine which sends them to the world of MH in which they meet the MH cast. The end...The actual meeting is shown in the OVA.

P.S. I can't believe the ending can be any sillier than what I just suggested but you never know with this series.

Actually I would very much enjoy an ending like that

--Lone Wolf
Old 2006-03-29, 18:12   Link #15
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf
Actually I would very much enjoy an ending like that

--Lone Wolf
Haha, so that guy is still hanging around then? Man, he must lack any sort of social life. I've got work, and I've got many personal side projects to do (some for fun, such as modding Resident Evil, some for future work, such as researching the best books on breaking into the games industry, and advanced graphic design in Photoshop CS2), and my social life, and I love this series, but I still don't seem to have to time to stick around on these boards long enough to read most posts, let alone most as often as he bashes this series.

Really, Matrim, if you don't like it and think it's silly, have no hope for the ending and have time to post complete rubbish.. great for you!! Just don't bother anyone else who likes the series with your opinions, because the majority doesn't want to see, hear or read them. It really reminds me of a post I read a while ago on IMDb about the film Underworld: Evolution. One person started a thread saying it was the worst film they had ever seen, and they left the cinema after less that 30 minutes. Someone cleverly (and rather funnily) responded something along the lines: "We can only hope you leave our community just as fast, or preferably faster." Funny, eh?

Right, the topic. I feel the OVA announcement has lifted a little apprehension I had built up on whether Sunrise could pull the ending off in just two episodes, so I feel I can now enjoy it without the depressing feeling that this is the end looming at the back of my mind. So, we are all free to enjoy the last episode of this current TV series. Hopefully the OVA will improve animation quality, though, which does seem to have improved for the final episodes in this series. I don't really have any predictions to make, since Sunrise blatantly like screwing with people's minds, and the only expectation I have that it will be a satisfactory conclusion to the current story, minus whatever will be covered in the OVA, and I have hopes. Hopeless hopes, that I'm sure everyone has. I won't bother voicing them, and I won't really mind if they don't happen, which is pretty much guaranteed. Look what happen to Nina and Erstin. X.x That really went up in smoke.

And I guess we wont' be seeing the possible reset in these two episodes.. what with the 4 episode OVA to kill off a few more characters.. and then have Arika find the reset button.. and press it..
Old 2006-03-29, 18:46   Link #16
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
Look what happen to Nina and Erstin. X.x That really went up in smoke.
That's what fan fiction is for.
Old 2006-03-29, 23:12   Link #17
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ox2
god...no..please..no not that...that would be just weird i can imagine that conversation

nina: father dear, i'm pregnant with your child
Sergay: really wow, thats wonderful, i'd never think my first blood child would also be my grand-daughter...

now that just wrong.
At least they're not technically daughter and father, remember that Nina isn't related to Sergey by blood. He took her into his home when she had no where else to stay. Damn, Sergey should've used condoms. What a moron that guy is! Think it before you do it should be his motto.
Old 2006-03-29, 23:19   Link #18
Mysticmidnightmaiden
is Ultra Relaxed

Send a message via AIM to Mysticmidnightmaiden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston
Really, Matrim, if you don't like it and think it's silly, have no hope for the ending and have time to post complete rubbish.. great for you!! Just don't bother anyone else who likes the series with your opinions, because the majority doesn't want to see, hear or read them.
@Preston: I actually enjoyed Matrim's speculation. He didn't bash anything (in my eyes). Instead, he provided a good speculation of how the series could end. Then again, if he's on your Ignore list, you wouldn't have been able to read his post or form solid criticism against him. Don't use the majority as an example if you aren't in the majority who reads people's posts. [/off topic]

I hope Nina gets the last punch. I love Arika to death, but just once, I'd like to see the "dark heroine" beat the female protagonist. I also wouldn't mind seeing some Spider Nao action, but I'd rather watch (in the finale) Nina kicking ass over Nao kicking ass.

I also hope Chie breaks free of the Valkyrie GEM, Akira appears again, and that Mashiro personally kicks Nagi's pale white behind, but that's entering fantasy, not speculation
Old 2006-03-29, 23:33   Link #19
Tremalkinger
Hai, Nao-oneesama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticmidnightmaiden
Then again, if he's on your Ignore list, you wouldn't have been able to read his post or form solid criticism against him
Actually, it looks like he could read the post because someone else quoted Matrim. Notice how Preston's post starts "he's still around?"
Old 2006-03-30, 01:17   Link #20
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Initially I was glad this series was ending but now with the OVA... hm, I guess not. Well I don't have to watch the OVAs but I probably will end up doing so. I just hope the writing staff can do a better job on this new OVA venture, that's all I wish for.