Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-05, 17:13   Link #5001
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I don't want him to die. I would even prefer a kalulu ending.

And if C.C. wins? (we should wait the end of the series, ok? I fear some crazy twists during the last two episodes)
This is impossible *run away*
I don't know, I'll do what you want <_< (Just like Kallen with Lelouch *_* Yuriii *saute sur Narona*)

Of course, the total end :P

Eliarine: Ehehe I knows; that's why I didn't add more conditions It's only if CC doesn't win :P
Anti yaoi ! Yaoi fanfics ruined my after Gundam Wing ¬_¬

Old 2008-09-05, 17:14   Link #5002
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I don't want him to die. I would even prefer a kalulu ending.
That surprises me. I think most Kalulu fans would rather see Lelouch die than see him pick C.C. over Kallen.

That was a pretty good list Narona. It shows the feelings people would need to come to terms with before a relationship is possible.

Only 4 episodes remain. Lelouch has to defeat Schneizel, Nunnally, the KOR, Cornelia, the Damocles, and his collection of Freya's. Is there really time for these romances to further develop? I think another disadvantage facing C.C. is that there is no guarantee she will interact all that much with Lelouch in episode 22. If she doesn't...then she is down to three episodes. Things look dire, and I am beginning to think a full blown relationship with either girl would be forced.

So we should all hope Lelouch just has a few more sweet scenes with both Kallen and CC...but in the end...we never see a preference from him.
Old 2008-09-05, 17:14   Link #5003
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
This is impossible *run away*
I don't know, I'll do what you want <_< (Just like Kallen with Lelouch *_* Yuriii *saute sur Narona*)

Of course, the total end :P
What I want? Really? I will think about that :O
Old 2008-09-05, 17:15   Link #5004
Franckisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
What makes you think either of them will win? C.C. not winning doesn't mean Kallen wins and vice-versa
Neither C.C. , nor Kallen!

It's Kaguya! Kaguya I tell you!
Old 2008-09-05, 17:17   Link #5005
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
Neither C.C. , nor Kallen!

It's Kaguya! Kaguya I tell you!
Kaguya has beautiful hair and is intelligent. Lelouch could certainly do worse.
Old 2008-09-05, 17:17   Link #5006
Micante

Cheese-kun will make a harem. Lelouch gets the leftovers.
Old 2008-09-05, 17:24   Link #5007
Eliarine

Quote:
Anti yaoi ! Yaoi fanfics ruined my after Gundam Wing ¬_¬
Ah ouais mais non, ça c'est être anti yaoi-fangirls-qui-écrivent-trop-de-milliers-de-fics, pas anti yaoi tout court Non parce que anti ça fait un peu extrémiste quand même >.>;

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
Things look dire, and I am beginning to think a full blown relationship with either girl would be forced.
That's why I'm personally not expecting a "full blown" relationship at all. Even a kiss sounds a bit much at the moment (at least one initiated by Lelouch himself).

...things would probably have been much easier had Lelouch not been so clueless when it comes to love :P
Old 2008-09-05, 17:25   Link #5008
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Ah ouais mais non, ça c'est être anti yaoi-fangirls-qui-écrivent-trop-de-milliers-de-fics, pas anti yaoi tout court Non parce que anti ça fait un peu extrémiste quand même >.>;

That's why I'm personally not expecting a "full blown" relationship at all. Even a kiss sounds a bit much at the moment (at least one initiated by Lelouch himself).

...things would probably have been much easier had Lelouch not been so clueless when it comes to love :P
lol, we were 36 episodes into the series when Lelouch asked Shirley about love. And he came out of that conversation understanding that he loved Nunnally. lol, seriously. He apparently didn't know that before.
Old 2008-09-05, 17:28   Link #5009
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
That surprises me. I think most Kalulu fans would rather see Lelouch die than see him pick C.C. over Kallen.

That was a pretty good list Narona. It shows the feelings people would need to come to terms with before a relationship is possible.

Only 4 episodes remain. Lelouch has to defeat Schneizel, Nunnally, the KOR, Cornelia, the Damocles, and his collection of Freya's. Is there really time for these romances to further develop? I think another disadvantage facing C.C. is that there is no guarantee she will interact all that much with Lelouch in episode 22. If she doesn't...then she is down to three episodes. Things look dire, and I am beginning to think a full blown relationship with either girl would be forced.

So we should all hope Lelouch just has a few more sweet scenes with both Kallen and CC...but in the end...we never see a preference from him.
I am a C.C. fan but also a huge Lelouch fan (I know you don't seem to like him much but...). I want him to have an happy ending. And I will not consider Death as an happy ending. So if a kalulu ending makes him happy, why not?

What I would want to know is "what did he feel toward shirley". I will not make any statement like "he didn't say 'I Love You' so that means that he didn't love her". I still think that we don't know. The only time that I saw him blushing was toward shirley.

Quote:
Is there really time for these romances to further develop?
I would say yes because I am not demanding about the pacing and because the sound episodes and the picture dramas could give us many other details.
Old 2008-09-05, 18:21   Link #5010
zalem

Quote:
Stop with this you know very well it was ironic toward this CC fan ¬_¬

But yeah, Lelouch death will certainly be a good way...especially if he dies protecting his loved ones, it should be satisfying to him, but pretty sad; I'll prefer an ending where he simply disappears (alone) with an epilogue which can let think he will return -_-
I certainly don't want Lulu dead, but I can see him having a heroic death. As for an ending where he walks off alone....as long as it's NOT done like Gurren Lagann then I'd be fine with that.

Spoiler for TTGL end:
Old 2008-09-05, 18:30   Link #5011
zalem

Quote:
I don't know.....I think I'd rather him be alive. As long as he is happy and he loves who he is with then that is a good ending. I'd prefer if it was Kalulu, but if not....I suppose as long as he is alive and happy it's fine.
Old 2008-09-05, 18:37   Link #5012
TheDisruptiveOne

Well we differ. I'm not concerned about Lelouch or his ending. He deserves the Yagami Raito treatment. Kallen is one of the few characters in this show that legitimately deserves a decent ending.
Old 2008-09-05, 18:38   Link #5013
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
May I ask what any of this has to do with romance?
:P You're pretty strict about these things, aren't you. My original post only briefly mentioned Charles in talking about the legitimacy and identity of the Lelouch that Shirley knew, but that was the part people chose to respond to. Since its gone this far, even if it is off-topic, I'd still like to have my say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Okay, I have to question this. What Charles said was pointing to merging the wills of the living and dead to become one. Which would, you know, take away... well, life and death.
How exactly does one merge 'wills'? Marianne said Suzaku would be able to talk to Euphie, not absorb her into his consciousness; the perpetuation of distinct physical bodies necessitates the continued existance of individual minds.

Similarly, the perpetuation of physical bodies necessitates the continued distinction between life and death. Even after Ragnorok, the dead would remain dead, and the living would remain living; and being alive, the living would continue to have to deal with the physical realities of the world (i.e. the depletion of global resources, earth's eventual absorption into the sun, the end of the universe, etc). Time would stop? Bullshit.

Quote:
Except that is wrong. I didn't agree with what Charles was doing at all. It was just... wrong.
And I thought we had gotten over 'good' and 'evil'.

Quote:
All Charles yearned for was something that makes people something they aren't and it takes away purpose of being. He was delusional and childish in his thinking because he wanted his mother back. What he wanted would not only have taken away free will, but there would NOT have been a "tomorrow" as Lelouch put it.

Sorry, what Lelouch and Suzaku did there was right.
:P I'd appreciate if you'd back statements up with facts. You are really being uncharacteristically sloppy, Orga (see your above sentence). Charles was already speaking with the dead; if he merely wanted the return of his mother, he would have been satisfied with the Sword of Akasha. As for the 'free will' stuff, this is nonsense; Charles was merely forcing people to understand each other, not think entirely in the same way. Understanding another person's point of view doesn't necessitate that you have to respect it: if someone could prove they would die unless they killed you, would you let them do it?

The fact is, all Lelouch was defending was the 'humanity' of living under a delusion. He felt that it was meaningful that Nunally believed in a kind world, even though she was blind and had been lied to her whole life. And so he, believing they were too weak to handle reality, decided to protect her and people like her from the real world, until he could make that illusion of kindness the truth.

Anyway, to bring this post tangentially back on topic. I quite liked what was shown of Charles and Marianne's relationship. They truly understood each other, and were united in their intentions. That kind of intellectual harmony is a rare thing--much more beautiful than the sibling love which V.V. worshipped.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2008-09-05 at 18:49.
Old 2008-09-05, 18:45   Link #5014
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Well we differ. I'm not concerned about Lelouch or his ending. He deserves the Yagami Raito treatment. Kallen is one of the few characters in this show that legitimately deserves a decent ending.
You live up to your username I see. For the most part.

In my opinion, C.CxLelouch is win, not that I really mind Kallen, as a matter of fact, I happen to rather like Kallen and Lelouch togoether, I just prefer C.C.
Old 2008-09-05, 18:46   Link #5015
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
How exactly does one merge 'wills'? Marianne said Suzaku would be able to talk to Euphie, not absorb her into his consciousness; the perpetuation of distinct physical bodies necessitates the continued existance of individual minds.

Similarly, the perpetuation of physical bodies necessitates the continued distinction between life and death. Even after Ragnorok, the dead would remain dead, and the living would remain living; and being alive, the living would continue to have to deal with the physical realities of the world (i.e. the depletion of global resources, earth's eventual absorption into the sun, the end of the universe, etc).

:P I'd appreciate if you'd back statements up with facts. You are really being uncharacteristically sloppy, Orga. Charles was already speaking with the dead; if Charles merely wanted the return of his mother, he would have been satisfied with the Sword of Akasha. As for the 'free will' stuff, this is nonsense; Charles was merely forcing people to understand each other, not think entirely in the same way. Understanding another person's point of view doesn't necessitate that you have to respect it: if someone could prove they would die unless they killed you, would you let them do it?
Individual minds wouldn't exist, at least not in the sense that one would be able to separate oneself from anyone else. C's World provided that separation, and Charles would have destroyed it. Life and death would have no meaning, because the living and dead would all exist as one shared mind. The sense of loss would not be there, nor any idea of mortality. The dead would still be around and life would never really end.
Old 2008-09-05, 18:50   Link #5016
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Individual minds wouldn't exist, at least not in the sense that one would be able to separate oneself from anyone else. C's World provided that separation, and Charles would have destroyed it. Life and death would have no meaning, because the living and dead would all exist as one shared mind. The sense of loss would not be there, nor any idea of mortality. The dead would still be around and life would never really end.
Yeah, I didn't think I was wrong when I thought that... Thanks morbosfist.
Old 2008-09-05, 19:15   Link #5017
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Life would become an irrelevant term, as would death. Once you remove individuality and the ability to fear death, then life and death both lose their meaning.
Old 2008-09-05, 19:17   Link #5018
TheDisruptiveOne

Doesn't sound like such a bad deal...
Old 2008-09-05, 19:18   Link #5019
Var
Banned

Quote:
You're no longer alive. By my personal opinion, an entity without individuality is hardly something I'd deam 'living' it is certainly 'existing' but not living. Life is the aspiration to, more or less, fear death. As odd as that sounds.
Old 2008-09-05, 19:24   Link #5020
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
IDK, seems to me that there's no meaning in such a life.

No sense of accomplishment. Yeah there's no pain, but there's no joy, excitement etc etc

IMO it seems sucky.

I like this new philosophy thread.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance