3 out of 10 : Bad 7 1.63%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.70%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 2.56%
Voters: 430. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-24, 21:14   Link #1521
Syphen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Yeah, I know, I'm just giving you my assessment on the idea is all, I didn't say it had to be likely. If peace was obtained, agreed upon, and sustained then the drive for justice and fairness would be incorporated into it, if people strove to help one another without being afraid of gaining nothing or have reason to believe they will be betrayed then there would be no reason to break it in the first place, if it really was peace in essence. Governments, individuals, they fade away in time or they lose because they must force people into such a state versus inspiring them towards it, and they fall under the weight as people use them as a crutch for all their answers. I believe in the end, that it is ideas, concepts, hearts and minds that go further and last longer then anyone or anything.
You're a real idealist.
Syphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 21:18   Link #1522
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
You're a real idealist.
Thank you, I don't think Charred agrees very much, but I like to think so anyway. I'm just not stupid enough to believe it would appear as I say though just because I say it. I recognize the world as is, but I also still dream of what it should be and how it could be, just like how I view Lelouch and why I can relate to him so well. Ah anyway, it might just be a dream in reality, but at least I'll be able to see it made manifest in anime. So looking forward to seeing Zero Requiem bear fruit and for the final episodes coming. Anyway, just my take on Lelouch's ideals that he made known in this episode and how I understood them, make of it what you will
Old 2008-09-24, 21:54   Link #1523
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Thank you, I don't think Charred agrees very much, but I like to think so anyway. I'm just not stupid enough to believe it would appear as I say though just because I say it. I recognize the world as is, but I also still dream of what it should be and how it could be, just like how I view Lelouch and why I can relate to him so well. Ah anyway, it might just be a dream in reality, but at least I'll be able to see it made manifest in anime. So looking forward to seeing Zero Requiem bear fruit and for the final episodes coming. Anyway, just my take on Lelouch's ideals that he made known in this episode and how I understood them, make of it what you will
That's my C.C. blood brother. Real talk right there

Anyways, to put in my two cents, being the type of person who finds anything interesting, anime is one method of how people bring imaginations into reality. Something like anime, where lots of people are actually involved, become something along the lines of a drama lets say, and yes, it becomes "brought to life" or animate to reality. Books, music, poems, painting, art, or whatever, it all applies the same. But damn, sometimes it's refreshing and shoves a bit of excitement into the otherwise-empty part of you. Not saying I feel empty without anime or anything, but something like an epic episode of CG keeps me patiently waiting like a hound . Then the week flies by with life, and bam. CG. My weekly dose of C.C. and that eternally fine witch body of hers.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 22:41   Link #1524
Proudleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostleOfGod View Post
That's my C.C. blood brother. Real talk right there

Anyways, to put in my two cents, being the type of person who finds anything interesting, anime is one method of how people bring imaginations into reality. Something like anime, where lots of people are actually involved, become something along the lines of a drama lets say, and yes, it becomes "brought to life" or animate to reality. Books, music, poems, painting, art, or whatever, it all applies the same. But damn, sometimes it's refreshing and shoves a bit of excitement into the otherwise-empty part of you. Not saying I feel empty without anime or anything, but something like an epic episode of CG keeps me patiently waiting like a hound . Then the week flies by with life, and bam. CG. My weekly dose of C.C. and that eternally fine witch body of hers.
Most fans will testify that they find the genre an enriching hobby or part of their entertainment. It's not foolish at all; it's good that you enjoy a series as much as you do.
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 23:24   Link #1525
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
I thought it was pretty cool how Lelouch turned the tables on Schneizel. Schneizel went on about how well he knew Lelouch, and that was why he'd win. But the bottom line reason Lelouch was able to Geass Schneizel was because he played off of his overconfidence, and because of the way he approached him, placing his hand on his shoulder, making him think that it was his lover/attendant. Looks like Lelouch knew Schneizel equally as well.
So uh, what has V.V. @ sheizel exactly done to Nunally now? Lelouch says the line 'she conquered his geass?' after she finally open her eyes. No Wonder how that happens after That DoucheBag V.V. Dragged her away during last season then uses her and turns her into a governor in this season.

Does she have a superpowers like his father, charles i mean she could have a stigmata on her palm just like charles.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 23:34   Link #1526
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I think everything will be fine in the end, something happens then theres a flash of white light, maybe some talkin then the scene will skip to a month or a year into the future.
-------Do not take anything after this serious, its a joke -\/-
One way or Another, the ending will be a happy one....... that is as long as Kallen lives *crazy laugh* Yes... everything will be fine... no blood will be shied at the end of the Anime... atleast... not in the anime... the real world?... who knows... aslong as Kallen is alive.. the world wont become a Pool of Blood .... Launch.. White.. Glint!
Old 2008-09-24, 23:40   Link #1527
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri View Post
So uh, what has V.V. @ sheizel exactly done to Nunally now? Lelouch says the line 'she conquered his geass?' after she finally open her eyes. No Wonder how that happens after That DoucheBag V.V. Dragged her away during last season then uses her and turns her into a governor in this season.

Does she have a superpowers like his father, charles i mean she could have a stigmata on her palm just like charles.
No.

What happened was that VV set Nunnally up as a false witness when he murdered Marianne.

To protect Nunnally and Marianne, Charles used his geass to alter Nunnally's memories and make her blind.

Therefore her blindess was never psychological but was caused by Charle's geass to protect her.

Nunnally was so geared up on finding the detonator and killing her brother that she was able to break the geass herself.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 23:50   Link #1528
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
Yeah, remember the episode where Lulu cast Geass unintentionally on Yuffie. Im guessing you can break free from Geass' effects if your willpower is strong enough. I also think the effects weaken over time.
LustfulEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 23:57   Link #1529
Cherudim Arche

Geass is a case by case, sometime it is breakable, other no so much. Time would vary for each geass though, some can maintain control, other can end up breaking like bismarck.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 00:02   Link #1530
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i think its stupid if its breakable. because euphie tried to fight it, but in the end it failed. she could fight it to an extent, but beyond that she couldn't do anything about it. like when she was on her deathbed with Suzaku.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 00:08   Link #1531
Cherudim Arche

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i think its stupid if its breakable. because euphie tried to fight it, but in the end it failed. she could fight it to an extent, but beyond that she couldn't do anything about it. like when she was on her deathbed with Suzaku.
It's like the roulette, if someone wins one, they win everything, if it lands on everything else, it will succumb. Euphy to me was different, due to the situations presented beforehand and after the geassing. Other situation might say the say, or slightly different, yet to Lelouch's geass, that is more leass something like the in and out.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 00:18   Link #1532
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
It also seemed that Charle's Geass was easier to break out of considering each geass has differential weaknesses and strengths. Lelouch wa able to break out of it but needed outside forces to do that. Nunally may of been able to do it but needed the right motivation, which is ironically to kill her own brother.
LustfulEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 00:31   Link #1533
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
What happened was that VV set Nunnally up as a false witness when he murdered Marianne.

To protect Nunnally and Marianne, Charles used his geass to alter Nunnally's memories and make her blind.

Therefore her blindess was never psychological but was caused by Charle's geass to protect her.

Nunnally was so geared up on finding the detonator and killing her brother that she was able to break the geass herself.

Yeah, thanks a lot i mean someone told me about it. No wonder she's not really THAT blind. Now I'm totally forgot & confused since last week. forgive me if i'm wrong.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 03:03   Link #1534
Franckisted

Quote:
No.

I don't think so.
I don't see her all that surprised at that moment.
I mean if I where to recover my sight after 10 years, the first time I'll open my eyes and see, I'll certainly jump back or "WTF????? I can see... YAAAAAYYY" , or make if I were in the position of nunnally... dunno sit down.
But here, naturally, she stop everything, open her eyes calmly and just turn a little here head.

No surpise here.

She can see and she knows it. Maybe she thought about camera or someone watching here, and since no response at all, so she decided to open here eyes to see were was TEH BUTTON!!!!! ^^

My guess is that she can see and is putting an act, at least since her re-apperance in ep 22.
Franckisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 03:06   Link #1535
darkhack19

nunally has huuuuuuuge eyes...
darkhack19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 03:07   Link #1536
Syphen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckisted View Post
I don't think so.
I don't see her all that surprised at that moment.
I mean if I where to recover my sight after 10 years, the first time I'll open my eyes and see, I'll certainly jump back or "WTF????? I can see... YAAAAAYYY" , or make if I were in the position of nunnally... dunno sit down.
But here, naturally, she stop everything, open her eyes calmly and just turn a little here head.

No surpise here.

She can see and she knows it. Maybe she thought about camera or someone watching here, and since no response at all, so she decided to open here eyes to see were was TEH BUTTON!!!!! ^^

My guess is that she can see and is putting an act, at least since her re-apperance in ep 22.

It's not simply that she regained her sight and ability to walk, she regained the memories that were Geassed from her. This means that she knows the reason she lost her sight, because she'll be able to recall the act of losing it. Why would she be surprised if she already knows.
Syphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 03:09   Link #1537
darkhack19

Nunnally* misspelled it on last post =)
darkhack19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 06:36   Link #1538
lovescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LustfulEnvy View Post
It also seemed that Charle's Geass was easier to break out of considering each geass has differential weaknesses and strengths. Lelouch wa able to break out of it but needed outside forces to do that. Nunally may of been able to do it but needed the right motivation, which is ironically to kill her own brother.
i think this makes more sense, as i dont see her breaking out of Lelouch's geass as easy as she did Charles'. but i guess we wont know unless he does geass her next ep.
lovescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 08:36   Link #1539
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
No. He said that while wearing a MASK. His real goal was never "Nuke the world!" Cornelia realized it after all. Lelouch realized it too for that matter. Schneizel's other plans were ploys. As Lelouch said "It wasn't a strategy. What I read was your true nature." Schneizel was ready to die. Lelouch knew that and that is how he beat him.
That is just your own conjecture, considering that if Schneizel's real goal was not to nuke the world, why did he want to have other countries make more Fleijas? He specifically said that other countries would jump at the chance to make weapons that defeated Emperor Lelouch. If he plan really was as you said earlier to die and take Lelouch with him then why escape when he set the Damocles' Fleija to go off? Cornelia realised that Schneizel, in her opinion, would have made the perfect ruler had the circumstances been different. As in she does not believe he is one in the current situation.

Quote:
Yes, but that is why he may have lost faith as well. Before he knew of Geass, well, that is self-explanatory I guess. After, he learned that it was lelouch who did this. Same thing applies. The incident messed him up. Whether it was because of Euphemia or because of Lelouch (who he wants to get rid of badly.)
But it shows that it is not humanity itself that is like that, but rather that the people were manipulated.

Quote:
Considering Schneizel still had faith when a whole lot of bad shit was going on still, means he was tested. It just so happened that everything may have fell apart in the Euphie incident and he just didn't CARE any more since he saw it as futile as useless. As I said, he seemed to gamble everything on Euphie and it backfired. Didn't he also say "Human still fail to understand each other." in 23? That is true. Considering he didn't have the same experiences Lelouch had (someone Schneizel saw as ignoring the wills of others, which WAS true.) It all comes down to the environment he was exposed to though. Charles pretty much set up fights between his children for power right? At least according to lelouch (no reason to doubt it either since Charles doesn't care one way or the other.) If Schneizel was not in that environment, how would he have turned out? That is where it comes from really. Britannia was just not great for either Lelouch or Schneizel really.
He was tested and by the results that we saw and where he ended he failed just like Charles. Regardless of the incident that sparked this, you admitted that he lost himself and did not care and saw it as futile and useless. That in itself is the failure of the test. I believe we agreed earlier that both Charles and Schneizel are alike in that they had lost the ability to see the potential of the future and clung to what was safe to them. Schneizel and Lelouch are different people, of course their experiences and the way they interpret them are different. And Charles did not really set up any fights between his children, I think it was pretty apparent given the geass episode that he just did not care about them enough to do something like that. His plan and Marianne were all that he cared about. Lelouch saw the people's struggles and interpreted them in his own way, Schneizel also saw struggle but because of his privileged life he saw them differently. Circumstances aside, no matter what the world was like Schneizel would have always had a privileged life as the second prince.

Either way that still does not really answer the point that regardless of his outstanding ability, Schneizel is not fit for the title of the perfect ruler because he, like Charles, forsook the future and is trapped in the present. One who loses faith and hope in humanity because they are shown it's ugliest parts cannot claim that title. Regardless of the circumstances, a ruler is always at the top looking down upon the people he rules. It is exactly in those dark times such as the world had gone through that the people need a leader who can look towards the future to make things better. Being a great ruler when the situation and circumstances are perfect does not make you a perfect ruler. Being that great and perfect ruler when the people needed it the most, when things are not perfect is what marks a true leader.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-25, 08:50   Link #1540
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
No.

To be honest I think it's more like she always thought she was blind... So she always had her eyes closed and it just became natural for them to be shut.

My thought is... Who says that the Geass needed to be broken if her memories were just altered? I think she just never bothered to try and open them.

Spoiler for Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhack19 View Post
Nunnally* misspelled it on last post =)
That's why they have an edit button. You know... Bottom of your posts... Big button... Says EDIT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovescent View Post
i think this makes more sense, as i dont see her breaking out of Lelouch's geass as easy as she did Charles'. but i guess we wont know unless he does geass her next ep.

So far nobody has actually been able to break Lelouch's Geass. At least, not that I remember.

Even Euphemia never broke from it, and it stuck with her until she died. No matter how much she willed it to be gone and no matter how much she wanted to love Suzaku and stop hating the 11's, she couldn't do it.

She could fight the Geass. Of course she could. But she couldn't take over and rid herself of it altogether.

Charles on the other hand had a pretty crappy Geass and considering we have a subconcious, a concious, all these different lobes and neurons and all that crap which might not necessarily have to do anything with what I'm about to say besides the two common levels of conciousness *deep breath*, I could see someone breaking out. It's as simple as REMEMBERING.