AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2019-02-13, 11:49   Link #3241
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^You seem to have missed the part where I said that didn't really care whether it's right or wrong. My guy, the post I linked is 5 yrs old. I only shared it because it presented an opportunity to share some speculations I had back then and I simply applied them to what few spoilers I came across for the movie. I'm fine with people disagreeing with it, but in your case, it's different because you're that one guy who I'm pretty sure nobody likes. Are you not capable of polite discussion? Is rubbing people the wrong way the only way you know how to engage them?

What I take issue with is you speaking on the movie's behalf as though you've already seen it. Who are you to decide whether what you have said in that spoiler of yours is factual or more valid than what I have in my spoiler? Did either of us see the movie yet? Can you say with absolute certainty that what you said in that spoiler is as you say it is? (That's why I went ahead and used a disclaimer in mine, but you be acting like you spitting facts...)

You out here fighting literally everybody whose opinion is different from your own and I'm going to be frank here, but it makes you come across like a self-righteous douche... I'm sorry, but you're an annoying dude and I have been telling you to tone it down in a roundabout way for quite awhile now, but you really can't seem to take a hint, can you?

The whole reason why fans created the Code and Cart Theories was because they were dissatisfied with Lelouch's death and wanted to cling to some small possibility that he survived and got a happy ending. This movie ultimately gave those fans (myself included) what they wanted. Lelouch is alive and from what I can see, he seems to have got a happy ending to top it off. Even if it's different to what was hypothesized in the Code Theory, the theory itself was still used as inspiration for Lelouch's resurrection in the movie. Was it exactly like what was predicted a decade ago? Most likely not, but that doesn't matter, just knowing that his resurrection was inspired by said theory is satisfying enough tbh.

So what do you really stand to gain from contesting this point so passionately? A twisted sense of satisfaction to know that you were right about Lelouch being dead due to a technicality? Because after all's said and done, is Lelouch still not alive in the end? As Lelouch always used to say, "the results are more important than means". (Yea, I went there. )

Phrasing it another way; feel free to feed your ego and debate this point all you'd like, it still doesn't change the fact that us Code Theorists (and I guess the Cart guys too...) got the last laugh. Whether Lelouch really was absolutely dead, in a state of suspended animation or whatever else is inconsequential. We got what we wanted and idk if it's because of your pride that you refuse to back down, but kudos to you for fighting a pointless fight with such enthusiasm. I hope you're satisfied because I know I am.

Hell, even I know that I came across as a douche here myself, but you had it coming tbh. I'm just the guy who got tired of your shit first... Cheers mate.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-13, 12:20   Link #3242
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I've been lurking here for a while now, but from what I've seen, GeassedbyLelouch has been perfectly polite, so why are you attacking him merely for putting forward his opinion and stating facts?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-13, 12:28   Link #3243
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I've been lurking here for a while now, but from what I've seen, GeassedbyLelouch has been perfectly polite, so why are you attacking him merely for putting forward his opinion and stating facts?
His speech isn't the problem. It's the condescending tone that I take issue with. There's always this feeling of him looking down on you when engaged in discussion.

Dude, just look at the post I'm replying too. The dude isn't speaking to me like it's a discussion between equals. He speaks to me like he's putting to me that what I said is wrong and what he says is gospel...

Anyway, I'm out for a few hours. I'll be back later.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2019-02-13, 13:12   Link #3244
GeassedbyLelouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
in your case, it's different because you're that one guy who I'm pretty sure nobody likes. Are you not capable of polite discussion? Is rubbing people the wrong way the only way you know how to engage them?
My sole motivation is conveying information.
I have never been rude or used offensive language and have always been nutral, but did hammer on the facts as they are. Wrong = wrong, that's just how things are, and I see no benefit to sugarcoating facts.
If people choose to be offended by the information I provide, well, that is not my intention, but I suppose that is their right.

Quote:
Who are you to decide whether what you have said in that spoiler of yours is factual or more valid than what I have in my spoiler?
Who am I?
Nobody.
But I just presented the info of the moivie, nothing else.
There is no "geassedbylelouch" in that info at all. It's not my opinion, it's not my theory, it's not my wishes.

Quote:
Can you say with absolute certainty that what you said in that spoiler is as you say it is? (That's why I went ahead and used a disclaimer in mine, but you be acting like you spitting facts...)
While it is true that I am not Japanese and have not seen the movie, this information was given to me by people who HAVE seen the movie and who have assured me this is correct. I trust these people completely.
What certainty do I have? Well, they didn't lie, that I know. So there's still the opton of them simply misunderstanding what they saw or me misunderstanding their explicit wording. But those two possibilities are theoretical options at best.

Quote:
You out here fighting literally everybody
I do not fight people, I "fight" disinformation.
There is no personal stake in this. Not for me. Not for you. Unless you get personally offended when someone corrects mistakes. But you can hardly blame others for your own reactions.

Quote:
whose opinion is different from your own
Not everything is opinion. There facts which are true independent of people.
I don't discus opinions.
And on that matter, nothing I have presented here is "my opinion". As said above, there is nothing of "me" in these posts, it's all info from the movie.
I don't know why you feel the need to personalize this, for you or for me.

Quote:
and I'm going to be frank here,
By all means!
Frankness is clarity.
It prevents misunderstandings when expressed clearly.

Quote:
but it makes you come across like a self-righteous douche...
Well, that is a pity because that is not my intention.
But perceptions are subjective.

Quote:
I'm sorry,
No need to apologize.
If that is whnat you think then that is what you think.
Doesn't really affect my life in any way.
Your interpetation of things is yours.

Quote:
but you're an annoying dude and I have been telling you to tone it down in a roundabout way for quite awhile now, but you really can't seem to take a hint, can you?
You keep going on and on about opinions.
But I don't talk about opinions.
Not everything is an opinion.
Lelouch is a Britannian prince and a French rock star. That is not an opinion.
Likewise with his death.

Quote:
The whole reason why fans created the Code and Cart Theories was because they were dissatisfied with Lelouch's death and wanted to cling to some small possibility that he survived and got a happy ending.
Sure, and I have NEVER denied them that.
BUT I always advocated clarity and honesty.
Those theories are hedcanons, not canon. And all too often these theories are presented as canon, asd the True Story. This has led to many many many people being deceived and misled.
And don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about you here. I'm not saying YOU did any of that. But all over the internet it does happen all the time.

To illustrate this I'm going to quote from the document which gathered all the official statements

"The intent is NOT to stop people from having headcanons. The intent is NOT tell people what to believe or not to believe. The intent is to distinguish between canon and headcanon. Canon is made by the creators by the show. Headcanon is made by the fans. The creators cannot meddle with headcanon, and the fans cannot claim their headcanon is true canon."

and again:
"And that's why I want to remind people they're free to believe whatever they want, but please, do keep in mind that fan theories are fan theories and they are not canon nor fact"

and yet again:
"Everyone is free to believe whatever he or she wants.
But some things do need to be acknowledged, while you can believe what you want, you mustn't spread lies.
Fan theories are theories and not facts, spreading these theories as fact is very wrong and will only lead to people who believe those things to be fact to be disappointed once these "facts" are proven to be incorrect. That will only hurt the anime and hurt your fellow fans."

All on the first page even!

Quote:
So what do you really stand to gain from contesting this point so passionately?
Explained in the text as well.
I'm not going to keep on copying here.
I've linked that more than enough, if you were wondering why I do things and don't bother to read the part that says "Part 0: why am I doing this?", well, that's not on my head then.
If you're interested, the link is found above.

Quote:
A twisted sense of satisfaction to know that you were right
Why do you insist in interpreting things on merely personal level?
Not everyone is driven by pure Ego. There are things above and beyond that.
I have nothing to gain and nothing tolose from this.
If you wish to know, read the text.

Quote:
feel free to feed your ego
And there you go again.
The personal level isn't even involved in this.

Quote:
it still doesn't change the fact that us Code Theorists (and I guess the Cart guys too...) got the last laugh.
Well, that depends on what makes them laugh, doesn't it?
If they can laugh with the fact that the movie adopted a few points of their theory to apply them to an enturely new concept, then yes.
If they can only laugh if the movie agreed with their theory, then very much no.
I hope for them it is yes.
If you read my "part 0", you will see why I say that I hope that for most it is yes.

Quote:
idk if it's because of your pride
I do hope that this post clarifies things for you so you can stop thinking this has anything to do with the personal level.

Quote:
Hell, even I know that I came across as a douche here myself,
I don't actually think you're a douche.
Misunderstanding my intentions, yes.
Taking things personally when they aren't meant as such, yes.
But a douche? I don't even know you. I don't have the info to come to such conclusions.

--------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Thank you.
It's always nice to see that not everyone chooses to interpret things in an aggressive way.
I always take care not to use offensive language, I don't do name calling, I don't swear or become rude, I don't become vulgar, etc.
But I am steadfast. And oddly, some people take offense to that, even though none is intended.

----------------------------------------

Quote:
It's the condescending tone that I take issue with.
I assure you that no such thing is intended.
I always try to state things neutrally but correctly.
That does mean that sometimes I say things like "that's wrong", because it IS a neutral statement, it neither aggressive nor friendly, it is merely factual.

Quote:
There's always this feeling of him looking down on you when engaged in discussion.
I don't, though.
That's one of the biggest downsides of the internet.
You don't see my face. You don't hear my voice.
I'm quite sure you wouldn't feel that way if we were talking face to face.
But this lack of non-verbal information does tend to get subconsciously filled up by the brain with a threatening connotation.

I do tend to talk in a long winded way. I know that. I can't seem to write short things. Maybe I overvalue trying to put nuance in things.
And maybe that comes across negatively on the internet with some people.

Quote:
The dude isn't speaking to me like it's a discussion between equals.
Can you give examples of where you feel that way?

Quote:
He speaks to me like he's putting to me that what I said is wrong and what he says is gospel...
Not to sound as an ass, but sometimes things are just wrong.
I don't see pointing such things out as negative.
Personally I'm always gratefulwhen people point out a mistake I made, because then I can correct that be less wrong in the future.

Last edited by GeassedbyLelouch; 2019-02-13 at 14:07. Reason: merging
GeassedbyLelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-13, 14:00   Link #3245
n0m@n
C-Z

Don't know why you are triple posting within such a short time. You can just edit your initial post if you want to add a comment. Usually mods delete them right away so its better if you edit them so all your comments remains.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-13, 14:04   Link #3246
GeassedbyLelouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Don't know why you are triple posting within such a short time. You can just edit your initial post if you want to add a comment. Usually mods delete them right away so its better if you edit them so all your comments remains.
That was because it was a reaction to three different posts.
I didn't know it was against the forum's policy.
Thanks for pointing that out, I will edit immediately.
Old 2019-02-13, 22:30   Link #3247
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Spoiler for Theories:
Interesting ideas you have there.
It will certainly be entertaining to see how this all plays out in the new movie..
I am looking forward to seeing if any of these various speculations online actually pans out in the movie.
I don't accept or dismiss any of them since this is fiction and anything can happen.
I'm taking a "wait and see" position on this because in the trailers/PVs Lelouch clearly has a code on his chest.
Why he has that Code will be something I hope they flesh out well in the story.
How he can use a Geass while still having a Code will also be neat to see Sunrise attempt to explain it.
Hopefully they won't mess it up with something lame.
Clearly all those theories about his body going into the sun with the Damocles are now debunked, since he's in this new movie.
I can't wait to see where Sunrise is taking us in this new movie.
Perhaps they will explore a new angle to Code Geass lore and we'll see something entirely different than what the first two series showed us.
Old 2019-02-13, 23:56   Link #3248
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

GeassedbyLelouch, Sweet mother of mercy... most of those questions were rhetorical my guy. I didn't actually think you'd answer each of them.

After having practically an entire day to vent and introspect regarding what transpired today, I'll admit that I got heated and took out some of my recent frustrations on you (it's both a mix of CG and irl issues), but in my defense, being looked down upon is one of the few things that absolutely throws me into a fit. For that, I apologize.

I also remembered that English isn't your first language, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt and wrote it off as you unintentionally using a condescending tone.

Spoiler for Space:
Old 2019-02-14, 00:31   Link #3249
GundamFan0083

More information on the new movie.

This video is FULL of Spoilers, so you have been warned.

Spoiler for Heavy Spoiler laden movie review.:
Old 2019-02-14, 00:33   Link #3250
GeassedbyLelouch

Quote:
After having practically an entire day to vent and introspect regarding what transpired today, I'll admit that I got heated and took out some of my recent frustrations on you (it's both a mix of CG and irl issues), but in my defense, being looked down upon is one of the few things that absolutely throws me into a fit. For that, I apologize.
That's ok. No harm was done

Quote:
I also remembered that English isn't your first language, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt and wrote it off as you unintentionally using a condescending tone.
Thanks
Old 2019-02-14, 01:18   Link #3251
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Interesting ideas you have there.
It will certainly be entertaining to see how this all plays out in the new movie..
I am looking forward to seeing if any of these various speculations online actually pans out in the movie.
I don't accept or dismiss any of them since this is fiction and anything can happen.
I'm taking a "wait and see" position on this because in the trailers/PVs Lelouch clearly has a code on his chest.
Why he has that Code will be something I hope they flesh out well in the story.
How he can use a Geass while still having a Code will also be neat to see Sunrise attempt to explain it.

Hopefully they won't mess it up with something lame.
Clearly all those theories about his body going into the sun with the Damocles are now debunked, since he's in this new movie.
I can't wait to see where Sunrise is taking us in this new movie.
Perhaps they will explore a new angle to Code Geass lore and we'll see something entirely different than what the first two series showed us.
@bolded I really wish you had this in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler:
Old 2019-02-14, 01:35   Link #3252
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
@bolded I really wish you had this in a spoiler tag.

Spoiler:
Sorry about that, but someone above my post had already posted it without spoilers.

Spoiler for Spoiler.:
Old 2019-02-14, 01:55   Link #3253
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:

Spoiler for Heavy Spoiler laden movie review.:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2019-02-14, 02:12   Link #3254
Kurohane

Quote:
Sorry about that, but someone above my post had already posted it without spoilers.

Spoiler for Spoiler.:
It's alright.

Spoiler:
Old 2019-02-14, 05:04   Link #3255
Kusaja

Quote:

Oh, it's this person. Yikes. I'll remove the link from my quote at least.

This Youtube guy hasn't actually seen the movie at all, so calling it a review seems...not very serious?

Some of his information conflicts with other sources too, which has also happened before with other shows and movies on his channel (plus past Code Geass coverage full of errors and omissions), so I don't like his videos. There's no interest in being accurate nor comprehensive.

He claims to have a "friend" in Japan, but I think he simply picks up whatever spoilers came across his web searches without any quality control or verification that they're even complete, well-translated or in the proper order. There's going to be some truth to his video, yes, but also gaps, mistranslations and occasionally making up outright wrong information. It's all happened before and will likely happen again.

The video title feels like pure clickbait and poor quality one at that. Man, what people do in the name of the all-powerful dollar, the mad rush to get a video out and drop a collection of thoughts on something, without having experienced the production in question. I think that gives off a false sense of authority and, sadly, it's apparently working.

I don't know if I'll end up enjoying the new movie or not, because I think it wouldn't be fair at all to use incomplete information to write an analysis or review (much less to make a video), but people like this Youtube person are the worst. Even if the outline were correct, I care about having accurate details and those are not available.

Last edited by Kusaja; 2019-02-14 at 05:45.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-14, 08:55   Link #3256
Ichinotachi

Leaving here this link, is a summary of the movie so please remember to read the disclaimer at the beginning.

Spoiler for Summary:
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-14, 14:36   Link #3257
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

I agree.
This movie does seem (by all accounts) to be a means of continuing the franchise with our boy Lelouch.
It will be interesting to see where this goes from here in terms of merch, and any new movies or series they produce. My guess is that this is a test of sorts to see how much pull in terms of money Lelouch actually has in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
It's alright.

Spoiler:
That could very well be the case.
There are so many possibilities, and I'm hearing we are not going to get many answers in this movie (smart move on Sunrise's part as they can now milk us for more cash in any sequels).
As for my fanfic.
I would be very flattered if they did copy elements of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Oh, it's this person. Yikes. I'll remove the link from my quote at least.

This Youtube guy hasn't actually seen the movie at all, so calling it a review seems...not very serious?

Some of his information conflicts with other sources too, which has also happened before with other shows and movies on his channel (plus past Code Geass coverage full of errors and omissions), so I don't like his videos. There's no interest in being accurate nor comprehensive.

He claims to have a "friend" in Japan, but I think he simply picks up whatever spoilers came across his web searches without any quality control or verification that they're even complete, well-translated or in the proper order. There's going to be some truth to his video, yes, but also gaps, mistranslations and occasionally making up outright wrong information. It's all happened before and will likely happen again.

The video title feels like pure clickbait and poor quality one at that. Man, what people do in the name of the all-powerful dollar, the mad rush to get a video out and drop a collection of thoughts on something, without having experienced the production in question. I think that gives off a false sense of authority and, sadly, it's apparently working.

I don't know if I'll end up enjoying the new movie or not, because I think it wouldn't be fair at all to use incomplete information to write an analysis or review (much less to make a video), but people like this Youtube person are the worst. Even if the outline were correct, I care about having accurate details and those are not available.
I haven't seen the movie yet so I have to go one what is out there for now.
This youtuber may be dead wrong for all I know, but we'll all see when the movie comes out on DVD/Blue-Ray in a few months.
Until then, this video is simply a "snack" or "hors d'oeuvres" to wet our Code Geass palette.
The main course will be served up soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
Leaving here this link, is a summary of the movie so please remember to read the disclaimer at the beginning.

Spoiler for Summary:
Wow, that was a detailed summary and it mirrors much of what the youtuber's video said (though it is not exact, but that is to be expected).
Thank you for sharing that.
I miss Code Trainwreck.
I used to read it all the time when it was on its own blog.
Old 2019-02-14, 15:43   Link #3258
Kusaja

Quote:
I agree.
This movie does seem (by all accounts) to be a means of continuing the franchise with our boy Lelouch.
It will be interesting to see where this goes from here in terms of merch, and any new movies or series they produce. My guess is that this is a test of sorts to see how much pull in terms of money Lelouch actually has in the series.
You can certainly interpret it that way, but I found an interesting interview answer:

Quote:
――最初に、『復活のルルーシュ』が制作されることになった経緯について教えてください。

谷口悟朗監督(以下、谷口):『コードギアス』シリーズが10周年を迎え、製作委員会側から「シリーズの今 後の展開を考えた時、ルルーシュというキャラクターにひとつのケジメをつけておく必要がある」という提案が 出ていたんです。

それならシリーズ構成の大河内一楼さんと私がつけるしかないだろうなと。

そのためにまずTV版を再編集した劇場総集編3部作、そこからの発展として『コードギアス 復活のルルーシュ』を制作したいという要望を出しました。

――完結編というよりは、新しい一歩を踏み出すための新作でもあると。

谷口:はい。ただ誤解しないで頂きたいのは、あくまで『コードギアス』シリーズ全体が前に進むためであって 、ルルーシュに関連した作品を作り続けるというわけではありません。
Translation:

Quote:
―- First, please tell me the background behind the production of "Lelouch of the Resurrection".

Director Taniguchi: The "Code Geass" series celebrated its 10th anniversary, and the production committee proposed that "when considering the future development of the series, it is necessary to make a distinction with respect to the character called Lelouch."

If that's the case, Ichiro Okouchi as the series composition and myself will have no choice but to carry it out.

In order to do so, we first re-edited the TV version into the 3-part theatrical movies, and made a request to produce "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection" as a further development from there.

―- Rather than for completion, it will be to take a new step

Taniguchi: Yes. However, don't get me wrong, because the whole "Code Geass" series is going forward, and it doesn't mean that [I/we] will continue to make works related to Lelouch.
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/de...?id=1549418776

You can interpret that however you wish, but it suggests they've elevated him past the point of being actively used. To put it another way, that's similar to giving the character a promotion in some office cultures around the world.

Quote:
I haven't seen the movie yet so I have to go one what is out there for now.
This youtuber may be dead wrong for all I know, but we'll all see when the movie comes out on DVD/Blue-Ray in a few months.
Until then, this video is simply a "snack" or "hors d'oeuvres" to wet our Code Geass palette.
The main course will be served up soon enough.

Wow, that was a detailed summary and it mirrors much of what the youtuber's video said (though it is not exact, but that is to be expected).
For the record, I am not angry at you, but at the Youtuber.

The written summary seems to be a much better reconstruction of the movie, including the fact it is clarifying and contradicting some details that bugged me from the video, but even then the author still acknowledges it is not complete nor direct. It's not a replacement for watching the thing.

The friend in question has said elsewhere that she didn't understand some of the Japanese dialogue in the film, so there will be nuances present in the conversations that may be lost. In fact, most of the talking scenes are not really described at all. I am thankful for that honesty, either way, which is more than what I can say about the video.

By the way, there's another relevant link I've found in that tumblr (more spoilers):

http://ozenkalily.tumblr.com/post/18...g-and-possible

Last edited by Kusaja; 2019-02-14 at 16:01.
Old 2019-02-18, 14:31   Link #3259
Dark Wing

Well looks like I'm gonna have to eat crow here. I was one of the Lelouch is dead and gone people back in the day because I believed resurrecting him would belittle his sacrifice...I guess I gave Sunrise too much credit...
Old 2019-02-18, 18:02   Link #3260
Kusaja

It's a moot point by now, since the official word is the TV series is already complete, without a continuation, while the new movie is following the compilations that changed details around.

In short, you can easily say Lelouch is dead in the TV timeline and was only resurrected in the movie timeline.

Tags
drama, mecha